ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: COVID-19 Ontario 2nd Wave Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,688

Re: OT: COVID-19 Ontario 2nd Wave Thread ***(790 new cases Oct 21st) 

Post#801 » by Clay Davis » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:45 am

MadDogSHWA wrote:
BigBoss23 wrote:Lol at all the sheep in here sayings deaths/hospitalizations aren't the be all end all.

We're told "to bend the curve" originally. Now its "cases". Keep moving the goal posts.

Wasn't it about burdening the health care system? Oh wait you mean to tell me those people who ended up dying from delayed cancer treatments and other medical illnesses are less important? Insanity I tell you.

Stats to support gyms and restaurants being closed? Circumstantial evidence at best.

Healthy young people are more likely to die from a car accident than dying from covid. Plenty of young people, athletes don't even know they have it until they get tested.

There's a 99.9% survival rate across all ages. Median age of death? 84.

This is not to say the virus isn't real. Take the proper precautions and live your life to the fullest. If you're scared? Stay the **** home.

Our politicians are more worried about looking like they're doing nothing so the best way to appease all the sheep are to arbitrarily decide who gets to stay open and who doesn't. They still don't have a realistic end goal. Great planners they are.

I love how you morons relate things to fear.

I wear safety glasses and hearing protection when I use my tablesaw. Is that due to fear also?

GTFO
You have eroded the social contract between man and machine. I hope you're happy with yourself

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,375

Post#802 » by beanbag » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:19 pm

M3tro wrote:
beanbag wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

I wear safety glasses and hearing protection when I use my tablesaw. Is that due to fear also?

GTFO

When I buy an airplane ticket, I insist on hanging off the wing with no support. I'm not gonna let the libs force me into sitting inside with a seat belt on like some toddler. May as well give me a bonnet and a giant lollipop.

Follow the money dude!

lol hold on.

You're the guy always whining about systemic racism and oppression at the hands of Western society, yet now you're mocking the notion that those same oppressors couldn't possibly have ill intentions behind this pandemic? lol.

Pick a side and stay consistent.

I'm consistently on the side of facts. There are no facts to suggest your conspiracy theory is accurate. It's actually quite simple.
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,375

Post#803 » by beanbag » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Clay Davis wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:
BigBoss23 wrote:Lol at all the sheep in here sayings deaths/hospitalizations aren't the be all end all.

We're told "to bend the curve" originally. Now its "cases". Keep moving the goal posts.

Wasn't it about burdening the health care system? Oh wait you mean to tell me those people who ended up dying from delayed cancer treatments and other medical illnesses are less important? Insanity I tell you.

Stats to support gyms and restaurants being closed? Circumstantial evidence at best.

Healthy young people are more likely to die from a car accident than dying from covid. Plenty of young people, athletes don't even know they have it until they get tested.

This is not to say the virus isn't real. Take the proper precautions and live your life to the fullest. If you're scared? Stay the **** home.

Our politicians are more worried about looking like they're doing nothing so the best way to appease all the sheep are to arbitrarily decide who gets to stay open and who doesn't. They still don't have a realistic end goal. Great planners they are.

GTFO
You have eroded the social contract between man and machine. I hope you're happy with yourself

Yeah, Mad dog! What the hell dude!
Caboclo
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,460

Post#804 » by Caboclo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:04 pm

Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#805 » by Hero » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:31 pm

MadDogSHWA wrote:Anyone focused on death is completely ignorant and should stop posting.

There a host of long term side effects that are:
-circulatory
-neurological
-pulmonary

There are dozens of these which are well known already. Healthy young people are having strokes. This isn't about dying or not dying and it never was.

How many people with permanent lung scarring will develop cancer at a young age? We don't know so the precautionary principle is all we have.

What percentage of those who have covid actually have these long term side effects?
You need actual data to back this up.

"Healthy" young people have all types of illnesses even without covid.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,755

Post#806 » by ItsDanger » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Hero wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:Anyone focused on death is completely ignorant and should stop posting.

There a host of long term side effects that are:
-circulatory
-neurological
-pulmonary

There are dozens of these which are well known already. Healthy young people are having strokes. This isn't about dying or not dying and it never was.

How many people with permanent lung scarring will develop cancer at a young age? We don't know so the precautionary principle is all we have.

What percentage of those who have covid actually have these long term side effects?

It won't be quantified because then it can be easily compared to other respiratory diseases that have longer data history. I'm still waiting to see this as are many in insurance industry (they are collecting their own info).
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,968

Post#807 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:56 pm

Hero wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

I've seen some studies about that I'll try to dig up. The stats obviously depend on the age group. Lung scarring is one thing, but cognitive impairment is another level. Just saw this:

Read on Twitter

Here's the abstract:

Case studies have revealed neurological problems in severely affected COVID-19 patients. However, there is little information regarding the nature and broader prevalence of cognitive problems post-infection or across the full spread of severity. We analysed cognitive test data from 84,285 Great British Intelligence Test participants who completed a questionnaire regarding suspected and biologically confirmed COVID-19 infection. People who had recovered, including those no longer reporting symptoms, exhibited significant cognitive deficits when controlling for age, gender, education level, income, racial-ethnic group and pre-existing medical disorders. They were of substantial effect size for people who had been hospitalised, but also for mild but biologically confirmed cases who reported no breathing difficulty. Finer grained analyses of performance support the hypothesis that COVID-19 has a multi-system impact on human cognition.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,908

Post#808 » by lolwut » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:44 am

beanbag wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

GTFO

When I buy an airplane ticket, I insist on hanging off the wing with no support. I'm not gonna let the libs force me into sitting inside with a seat belt on like some toddler. May as well give me a bonnet and a giant lollipop.

Follow the money dude!

Big Seatbelt ruling the world from the shadows.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Re: OT: COVID-19 Ontario 2nd Wave Thread ***(805 new cases Oct 17th) 

Post#809 » by Raptaz » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:01 pm

Hero wrote:
Raptaz wrote:i may have posted once in this thread.

Personally its a mental thing for me, being back in the office, i cant trust where my coworkers have been or done.

I know one guy lives with other roommates who are 30 and basically said they cant even wipe their own **** literally- this doesnt comfort me at all.

office in mississauga but this guy is in the hotspot- always had a cough and runny nose prior to covid.

i only recently started going back and they were try to increase our days to 4 days a week with 4 people in the office.

HR- emailed stating working in the office is the exception, we arent also essential.

Its pretty sad when the parking lot of other big companies are full.

At this point my comfort level working around co-workers is not good versus working at home without a mask.

The exhaustion is creeping in, second time i had to go back and get my mask

If we're in Stage II why are you in the office if not essential?

been asking myself the same thing - got email hr last week explaining:

to observe work remote regulations- they were trying to increase the amount of days from 3 to 4 prior to last weeks email
im in office with boss today- was out of office tue- thur- the week before i took vacation days so i was in the office 1 day.

i do not want to cause any strain in relationship with my boss
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,688

Post#810 » by Clay Davis » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:22 pm

Raptaz wrote:
Hero wrote:
Raptaz wrote:i may have posted once in this thread.

Personally its a mental thing for me, being back in the office, i cant trust where my coworkers have been or done.

I know one guy lives with other roommates who are 30 and basically said they cant even wipe their own **** literally- this doesnt comfort me at all.

office in mississauga but this guy is in the hotspot- always had a cough and runny nose prior to covid.

i only recently started going back and they were try to increase our days to 4 days a week with 4 people in the office.

HR- emailed stating working in the office is the exception, we arent also essential.

Its pretty sad when the parking lot of other big companies are full.

At this point my comfort level working around co-workers is not good versus working at home without a mask.

The exhaustion is creeping in, second time i had to go back and get my mask

to observe work remote regulations- they were trying to increase the amount of days from 3 to 4 prior to last weeks email
im in office with boss today- was out of office tue- thur- the week before i took vacation days so i was in the office 1 day.

I wonder how far the right to refuse unsafe working conditions would carry you

Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Re: OT: COVID-19 Ontario 2nd Wave Thread ***(841 new cases Oct 22nd) 

Post#811 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:34 pm

Too many know it all‘s that really don’t know sh.. but are in here acting as if they’re some kind of medical scientist and has kind of receipts proving something smh like they didn’t read their information somewhere which was written by somebody else. You’re a sheep too :lol: you just choose to believe that source over another source. Fact is none of us know what the f... is going on but some people think they’re so much smarter than the masses. You dunno sh.. smh

“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#812 » by Raptaz » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Clay Davis wrote:
Raptaz wrote:
Hero wrote:

I wonder how far the right to refuse unsafe working conditions would carry you

issue is the 2 other slackers have no problem coming into the office they dont do much anyways so
its basically me only and another late who had to get a medical doc not which we believe prompted email from HR explicitly stating work from home is the new way
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#813 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:41 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Hero wrote:
MadDogSHWA wrote:

I've seen some studies about that I'll try to dig up. The stats obviously depend on the age group. Lung scarring is one thing, but cognitive impairment is another level. Just saw this:

Read on Twitter

Here's the abstract:

Case studies have revealed neurological problems in severely affected COVID-19 patients. However, there is little information regarding the nature and broader prevalence of cognitive problems post-infection or across the full spread of severity. We analysed cognitive test data from 84,285 Great British Intelligence Test participants who completed a questionnaire regarding suspected and biologically confirmed COVID-19 infection. People who had recovered, including those no longer reporting symptoms, exhibited significant cognitive deficits when controlling for age, gender, education level, income, racial-ethnic group and pre-existing medical disorders. They were of substantial effect size for people who had been hospitalised, but also for mild but biologically confirmed cases who reported no breathing difficulty. Finer grained analyses of performance support the hypothesis that COVID-19 has a multi-system impact on human cognition.

How do they measure cognitive decline? I don't imagine they had pre-COVID cognitive performance data on these patients.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,762

Post#814 » by nikster » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:13 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
Hero wrote:

Read on Twitter

Here's the abstract:

How do they measure cognitive decline? I don't imagine they had pre-COVID cognitive performance data on these patients.

So the Great British Intelligence Test was a large data collection endeavour. They had over 250 000 complete it. It was up at least in January of this year, so this is pre pandemic. Authors went through those and identified those who had confirmed or suspected Covid. Probably re administered the test and looked at difference in results
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#815 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:26 pm

nikster wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Here's the abstract:

So the Great British Intelligence Test was a large data collection endeavour. They had over 250 000 complete it. It was up at least in January of this year, so this is pre pandemic. Authors went through those and identified those who had confirmed or suspected Covid. Probably re administered the test and looked at difference in results

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a nonsense study.
Caboclo
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,460

Re: OT: COVID-19 Ontario 2nd Wave Thread ***(841 new cases Oct 22nd) 

Post#816 » by Caboclo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:12 pm

Read on Twitter

826 today
ItsDanger
RealGM

Re: OT: COVID-19 Ontario 2nd Wave Thread ***(826 new cases Oct 23rd) 

Post#817 » by ItsDanger » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:30 pm

LTC residence stats today: 37 new cases for residents, 11 new cases for healthcare workers, 3 new deaths. Possibilities that safety protocols are: inadequate, not followed properly, error.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,553

Post#818 » by VanWest82 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:59 pm

This is hardly scientific evidence but I know a lady same age as me (early 40s, no pre-existing morbidities) who got covid back in April, got really sick to the point of having to spend a week in the hospital, and still isn't recovered. She tried to go back to work in Sept and couldn't do it. Apparently she just can't stay focused, and is reporting symptoms like short-term memory loss, confusion, headaches, etc. It's super scary.
ItsDanger
RealGM

Post#819 » by ItsDanger » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:07 pm

VanWest82 wrote:This is hardly scientific evidence but I know a lady same age as me (early 40s, no pre-existing morbidities) who got covid back in April, got really sick to the point of having to spend a week in the hospital, and still isn't recovered. She tried to go back to work in Sept and couldn't do it. Apparently she just can't stay focused, and is reporting symptoms like short-term memory loss, confusion, headaches, etc. It's super scary.

There are long term effects of prolonged oxygen deprivation that are similar. Varying reports on cognitive impairment, none of which I would consider as concrete at this stage.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#820 » by MadDogSHWA » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Face masks: what the data say
The science supports that face coverings are saving lives during the coronavirus pandemic, and yet the debate trundles on. How much evidence is enough?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02801-8?fbclid=IwAR0UbtD7TlqM95NlbaPsrffOHlOSz3lvrPkOqIdcyYj0lcT5tsb0SCEGeLA
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)

Return to Toronto Raptors