ImageImageImageImageImage

Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights

Moderators: Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic, niQ

User avatar
ash_k
RealGM
Posts: 11,292
And1: 6,082
Joined: Apr 14, 2010
         

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#61 » by ash_k » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:20 am

beanbag wrote:
ash_k wrote:
beanbag wrote:
And you take Kawhi and his missing games over Derozan and his not missing games every day of the week, right?

Now that I have that ring and LOB. Well, not that easy to answer. Load-management is just not acceptable.


It literally is acceptable if you want to maximize a Kawhi led team's chances of winning a title.

Dare I say it's necessary.

You can't have your star miss 20 games a year. That's just way too much. Sure we could have gotten another ring this year with him, but I am glad to hear that FVV was against that kind of treatment.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
beanbag
Veteran
Posts: 2,633
And1: 3,555
Joined: Apr 07, 2012

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#62 » by beanbag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:24 am

ash_k wrote:
beanbag wrote:
ash_k wrote:Now that I have that ring and LOB. Well, not that easy to answer. Load-management is just not acceptable.


It literally is acceptable if you want to maximize a Kawhi led team's chances of winning a title.

Dare I say it's necessary.

You can't have your star miss 20 games a year. That's just way too much. Sure we could have gotten another ring this year with him, but I am glad to hear that FVV was against that kind of treatment.


He's not doing it for fun. You are aware he has a condition? It isn't a work to rule.
User avatar
ash_k
RealGM
Posts: 11,292
And1: 6,082
Joined: Apr 14, 2010
         

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#63 » by ash_k » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:26 am

beanbag wrote:
ash_k wrote:
beanbag wrote:
It literally is acceptable if you want to maximize a Kawhi led team's chances of winning a title.

Dare I say it's necessary.

You can't have your star miss 20 games a year. That's just way too much. Sure we could have gotten another ring this year with him, but I am glad to hear that FVV was against that kind of treatment.


He's not doing it for fun. You are aware he has a condition? It isn't a work to rule.

fully aware, but don't want that on my team. Thanks a lot for the LOB though!
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
beanbag
Veteran
Posts: 2,633
And1: 3,555
Joined: Apr 07, 2012

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#64 » by beanbag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:05 am

ash_k wrote:
beanbag wrote:
ash_k wrote:You can't have your star miss 20 games a year. That's just way too much. Sure we could have gotten another ring this year with him, but I am glad to hear that FVV was against that kind of treatment.


He's not doing it for fun. You are aware he has a condition? It isn't a work to rule.

fully aware, but don't want that on my team. Thanks a lot for the LOB though!


But if he's not on your team....you don't get.... nvm.

I also hate to break it to you, but he won it, not you so not sure why you're thanking him lol.
HoopAndTheHarm
Senior
Posts: 623
And1: 334
Joined: May 24, 2006
       

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#65 » by HoopAndTheHarm » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:00 am

Lou Williams afraid that Kawhi's next move will be to punk him by getting 3 girlfriends.
I've got a belt on that's holding up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up my belt. I don't know what's really happening down there. Who is the real hero? - Mitch Hedberg
Alfred
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 24,090
And1: 20,321
Joined: Jul 08, 2006
 

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#66 » by Alfred » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:30 pm

vincecarter55 wrote:
wtcantfw wrote:
vincecarter55 wrote:
Can someone explain the Fred/Kawhi beef? I haven't heard anything about this but all of a sudden I'm seeing mention of this sprinkled into different threads. I guess I'm out of the loop.

It was reported that some players were not happy with Kawhi's preferential treatment last year, maybe around January. Rumors were it was Freddy who was most vocal. Kawhi and Kyle even alluded to it during their ESPN interview right after we won.


I remember Kawhi and Kyle alluding to there being some issues in the locker room but I never saw it reported anywhere that Freddy was the most vocal. Never would have thought Freddy of all people would be one to speak up about that.

Is there a source for any of this? What Kawhi/Lowry interview did they mention this?
Image
User avatar
First Step
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,129
And1: 7,459
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
 

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#67 » by First Step » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:46 pm

Alfred wrote:
vincecarter55 wrote:
wtcantfw wrote:It was reported that some players were not happy with Kawhi's preferential treatment last year, maybe around January. Rumors were it was Freddy who was most vocal. Kawhi and Kyle even alluded to it during their ESPN interview right after we won.


I remember Kawhi and Kyle alluding to there being some issues in the locker room but I never saw it reported anywhere that Freddy was the most vocal. Never would have thought Freddy of all people would be one to speak up about that.

Is there a source for any of this? What Kawhi/Lowry interview did they mention this?

With Rachel Nichol's right after they won the title.
User avatar
40 Guzzle
Head Coach
Posts: 6,339
And1: 496
Joined: Feb 11, 2004
Location: Toronto Distillery
     

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#68 » by 40 Guzzle » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:38 pm

for us to have re-signed Kawhi means Masai would have had to give in to Uncle Dennis' ridiculous demands and would have made Kawhi even worse to deal with

To me, people are over-emphasizing the load management, especially since both the Raps & Clips have deep rosters with players who will gladly absorb the extra minutes.

But to have the whole team prepped, on time & ready to go for a team flight all to have take-off delayed because Kawhi is strollin in from San Diego would drive me nuts. There's no amount of veteran maturity that can stop that from negatively impacting the locker room
Olde English 800 cause that's my brand / Take it in a bottle, 40, quart, or a can
TheAlchemist
General Manager
Posts: 7,673
And1: 7,390
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
   

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#69 » by TheAlchemist » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:52 pm

Alfred wrote:
vincecarter55 wrote:
wtcantfw wrote:It was reported that some players were not happy with Kawhi's preferential treatment last year, maybe around January. Rumors were it was Freddy who was most vocal. Kawhi and Kyle even alluded to it during their ESPN interview right after we won.


I remember Kawhi and Kyle alluding to there being some issues in the locker room but I never saw it reported anywhere that Freddy was the most vocal. Never would have thought Freddy of all people would be one to speak up about that.

Is there a source for any of this? What Kawhi/Lowry interview did they mention this?


Rachel Nichols post game 6 win at Golden State. Kawhi and Lowry talking about the journey and Lowry saying he always believed in Kawhi's load management, with Kawhi somewhat calling him out.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
Posts: 7,673
And1: 7,390
Joined: Apr 06, 2010
   

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#70 » by TheAlchemist » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:00 pm

You know what's getting missed in all of the rumors and talks about Kawhi ?

The fact that he has a DEGENERATIVE condition.

I twisted my knee and sprained it after kickboxing. I can tell you it was the most painful thing ever.

Having a degenerative condition that affects more then basketball, like your walking gait and ability to move without limping, is so overlooked.

These guys are human beings and have a life after basketball. Maybe the guy doesn't want to limp and drag his damn leg the rest of his life?

Like let's be real and stop looking at it from a selfish fans point of view.

If any of us had a serious leg issue that hampered mobility, we'd be stubborn and take it seriously to.

Now the whole San Diego at his house chillin thing, well, that's a Clippers issue.

Kobe , god rest his soul, had the helicopter for a reason.

Preferential treatment does happen to players.

It's organizations that unite and harmonize all the megalomaniac egos together that win.

Then there are organizations that bring humility to players and remind them of their fallible nature, that become dynasties. See Warriors and Spurs.
sprewellchokes
Junior
Posts: 457
And1: 310
Joined: Dec 07, 2014
         

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#71 » by sprewellchokes » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:33 am

jimmy keys wrote:
sprewellchokes wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
Fred has a huge ego bud. You're just figuring this out?
I love that about him. I’m still in shock that our former d league guy showed the two time mvp.Absolutely no respect on both evens in the finals.


I don't. It's immature. He thinks he's better than he actually is, which bothers me. He needed to understand there's a pecking order. What was he complaining about playing more? I would've told him to stfu.

Stfu and kiss his butt like the rest of the organization. And how did that fair? He still left. If the raptors want to viewed as a top championship level team. They can’t be so thirsty. They should have an I’ll replace attitude towards him.
And as far as Fred been immature. If you worked for a successful company. And they hire a top notch employee on a one year contract. And he was getting privileges from making his own schedule to meals. Would you have problem with it? Or would u suck up to him because he’s more talented than you. And you had a great year with him in charge?
Dude players live in the real world. They see everything about each other’s habits game and personality. They’re aren’t praising and sucking up to superstars like us fans and media.
Kawhi is a dope player but when are we gonna call it like it is? He’s a locker room cancer. Manu, Parker, Pop, Lowry montrezl harrel Masai and Lou williams have called him out for his aloof antisocial diva way. Or they had numerous issues with uncle Dennis. That list has from HoFers to scrubs calling him out. So why is Fred the immature one exactly?
jimmy keys
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,370
And1: 2,458
Joined: Jan 04, 2009
     

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#72 » by jimmy keys » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:47 am

sprewellchokes wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
sprewellchokes wrote: I love that about him. I’m still in shock that our former d league guy showed the two time mvp.Absolutely no respect on both evens in the finals.


I don't. It's immature. He thinks he's better than he actually is, which bothers me. He needed to understand there's a pecking order. What was he complaining about playing more? I would've told him to stfu.

Stfu and kiss his butt like the rest of the organization. And how did that fair? He still left. If the raptors want to viewed as a top championship level team. They can’t be so thirsty. They should have an I’ll replace attitude towards him.
And as far as Fred been immature. If you worked for a successful company. And they hire a top notch employee on a one year contract. And he was getting privileges from making his own schedule to meals. Would you have problem with it? Or would u suck up to him because he’s more talented than you. And you had a great year with him in charge?
Dude players live in the real world. They see everything about each other’s habits game and personality. They’re aren’t praising and sucking up to superstars like us fans and media.
Kawhi is a dope player but when are we gonna call it like it is? He’s a locker room cancer. Manu, Parker, Pop, Lowry montrezl harrel Masai and Lou williams have called him out for his aloof antisocial diva way. Or they had numerous issues with uncle Dennis. That list has from HoFers to scrubs calling him out. So why is Fred the immature one exactly?


You don't have to kiss someone's ass, you can bite your tongue. It was a one year run, not that hard to just see the bigger picture and keep how you feel to yourself. Complaining is pretty soft in that scenario, especially when you're a 5th option/bench player. He didn't have the clout to speak up. He hadn't earned that.
olu
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,791
And1: 226
Joined: Apr 05, 2007

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#73 » by olu » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:09 pm

wtcantfw wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Its interesting that for such a low key, quiet guy like Kawhi, he seems to be a lightning rod for drama. I suggest it might be the people around him.

He's a grown ass man. Even if Uncle Dennis is pushing for certain things, Kawhi is the one with the power, so the drama is definitely on him.



I have always said this. The media makes Kawhi look like the innocent guy but truth be told, he probably is the issue, not even uncle Denis
Never read the quoran or islamic scriptures, the only psalms i read is on the arms of my brothers
User avatar
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
Posts: 13,922
And1: 8,746
Joined: Jan 06, 2005
Location: Mississauga
       

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#74 » by xAIRNESSx » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:43 pm

Alfred wrote:
vincecarter55 wrote:
wtcantfw wrote:It was reported that some players were not happy with Kawhi's preferential treatment last year, maybe around January. Rumors were it was Freddy who was most vocal. Kawhi and Kyle even alluded to it during their ESPN interview right after we won.


I remember Kawhi and Kyle alluding to there being some issues in the locker room but I never saw it reported anywhere that Freddy was the most vocal. Never would have thought Freddy of all people would be one to speak up about that.

Is there a source for any of this? What Kawhi/Lowry interview did they mention this?


Probably the finals interview.



0:10 - Kawhi saying they had a really up and down season behind the scenes
2:08 - While Lowry is talking about how they trusted Kawhi and saying no one questioned his load management, Kawhi awkwardly jokes that they did question it
Image
Dennis 37
RealGM
Posts: 10,255
And1: 12,708
Joined: Feb 24, 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#75 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:44 pm

40 Guzzle wrote:for us to have re-signed Kawhi means Masai would have had to give in to Uncle Dennis' ridiculous demands and would have made Kawhi even worse to deal with

To me, people are over-emphasizing the load management, especially since both the Raps & Clips have deep rosters with players who will gladly absorb the extra minutes.

But to have the whole team prepped, on time & ready to go for a team flight all to have take-off delayed because Kawhi is strollin in from San Diego would drive me nuts. There's no amount of veteran maturity that can stop that from negatively impacting the locker room


Agree, load management worked for us, but repeatedly being late for the plane would sour a team pretty quick.
Image
User avatar
raptorstime
RealGM
Posts: 26,366
And1: 40,377
Joined: Dec 22, 2013
 

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#76 » by raptorstime » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:22 pm

Glad he isn't our problem anymore.
Sanyo
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,902
And1: 1,546
Joined: Jun 15, 2019

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#77 » by Sanyo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:29 pm

meh..league is ruined by prima donnas now. ratings at all time lows this year proves some people are getting turned off.
tecumseh18
RealGM
Posts: 12,737
And1: 5,053
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Location: Big green house
 

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#78 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:46 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Double Bubble wrote:Spurs were right about this guy, pop don't mess around


Didn't Kawhi choose to leave the Spurs, requesting a trade?

It wasn't like the Spurs kicked him out.


As I understand it from checking out Spurs fanblogs at the time, the Spurs wanted Kawhi to show he could play before offering the supermax. Kawhi was insulted at that, and made the trade demand. I'm sure the statements by Tony Parker only added fuel to the fire.
"Say asterisk one more time, m_____rf_____r!"
User avatar
ruckus
RealGM
Posts: 10,901
And1: 7,661
Joined: May 18, 2007
Location: From the Slums of Shaolin...
 

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#79 » by ruckus » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:14 pm

Good thing its no longer our problem, right?

I hope this doesn't turn into a Vince thing where fans want him to come back at every opportunity. We don't have to pine for the guy or unreasonably hate on him.

We got what we wanted, he got what he wanted, lets move on.
Image
antonaki1
Rookie
Posts: 1,053
And1: 358
Joined: Jul 03, 2009

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#80 » by antonaki1 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:42 pm

All will have turned out for the best when Giannis comes to the Raptors.
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN

Return to Toronto Raptors