ImageImageImageImageImage

Louisville Raptors? Toronto may play next year in Kentucky Update p4!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,785

Re: Louisville Raptors? Toronto may play next year in Kentucky 

Post#21 » by Zeno » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:53 am

COY0607 wrote:Will they be a Western Conference Team then? Thats a lot of trips from Kentucky to the East coast - especially in a season where NBA will want to minimize travel

It’s not a western city. Lol.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,821

Post#22 » by TheRealDeal » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:59 am

COY0607 wrote:Will they be a Western Conference Team then? Thats a lot of trips from Kentucky to the East coast - especially in a season where NBA will want to minimize travel

It only adds 20 mins (or less) to our Atlantic division flights and we could knock out multiple games per trip

Also puts us in the heart of the central division and closer to the southeast. Cuts off a few hours from everything out west as well
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#23 » by COY0607 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:59 am

Zeno wrote:

Its in the Mid West. Its about a ~4 hour drive from me in Chicago.

Just seems like a lot of trips all to Boston, Philly, NY... Would make more sense to play in the Mid Atlantic or New England
Bull-E
Junior
And1: 285

Post#24 » by Bull-E » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:09 am

Say no for Breonna.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#25 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:27 am

COY0607 wrote:
Zeno wrote:

Its in the Mid West. Its about a ~4 hour drive from me in Chicago.

Just seems like a lot of trips all to Boston, Philly, NY... Would make more sense to play in the Mid Atlantic or New England

You have heard of planes?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,258

Post#26 » by XTC » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:02 am

Yuck...

I’ve been a die hard Raptors fan since day 1(even when the grizzlies where in town)

If this team decides to play elsewhere next season other than a city in Canada I’ll puke in my mouth (I know about the restrictions about entering Canada and Covid).

This is Canada’s team and to hear next season “Louisville Raptors” makes me sick to my stomach. I’d rather play in a bubble and quite honestly if that where to happen I’d be cheering for the Lakers, Clippers, or trailblazers next season (the 3 closest teams to me).

Before anyone brings up NO playing in OKC during Hurricane Katrina, this team is a contender. We took Boston to 7 and IMO could have made the finals with a little more luck.

Hell no, keep the Raps in Canada no matter what. If it means sitting out a season (which I know isn’t possible) do it.

Quite frankly I’m Livid with this news, the only cities I’d be content with would be Seattle, Buffalo, or San Diego (Just to see the Kawhi headlines)
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,582

Post#27 » by NeoDragonKnight » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:08 am

Maybe it will create a new pocket of Raptors fans in the states! As long as they dont rebrand for the year, and keep Toronto in the name I am fine with it.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#28 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:16 am

All signs pointing to...

Hate it or love it... gotta accept it, this sh*ts meant to be.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,190

Post#29 » by Tofubeque » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:21 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:The return of fat lowry. mvp season incoming.

Get Marc Gasol back at his peak weight, re-sign fat Freddy, and we'd really live up to the KFC Yum! Center's name
props Turbozone
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,329

Post#30 » by Randle McMurphy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:25 am

XTC wrote:Yuck...

I’ve been a die hard Raptors fan since day 1(even when the grizzlies where in town)

If this team decides to play elsewhere next season other than a city in Canada I’ll puke in my mouth (I know about the restrictions about entering Canada and Covid).

This is Canada’s team and to hear next season “Louisville Raptors” makes me sick to my stomach. I’d rather play in a bubble and quite honestly if that where to happen I’d be cheering for the Lakers, Clippers, or trailblazers next season (the 3 closest teams to me).

Before anyone brings up NO playing in OKC during Hurricane Katrina, this team is a contender. We took Boston to 7 and IMO could have made the finals with a little more luck.

Hell no, keep the Raps in Canada no matter what. If it means sitting out a season (which I know isn’t possible) do it.

Quite frankly I’m Livid with this news, the only cities I’d be content with would be Seattle, Buffalo, or San Diego (Just to see the Kawhi headlines)

This has been basically guaranteed to happen since the Blue Jays were prevented from playing in Toronto over the summer. There was never any chance they were going to play here. Louisville has a great arena so they are as good an option as any assuming you don’t want to split one with another team.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#31 » by MixxSRC » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:31 am

If there was a season to tank 2021 might be it.
Inklink
RealGM
And1: 19,214

Post#32 » by Inklink » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:48 am

I'd rather they play in Buffalo. Can they work something out with the Sabres? No way do I want this team to be playing at a barn called "KFC YUM". Screw that.
For lease.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,641

Post#33 » by C_Money » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:50 am

Agreed. It would be hard for me to cheer for a Louisville team. Or any team outside of Canada.
Adamski23
Freshman
And1: 94

Post#34 » by Adamski23 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:51 am

Your 20-21 nba champions Louisville Raptors!!!

So will the title now be associated with Louisville haha
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,791

Post#35 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:54 am

Covid sucks. If the US could only get their act together we could open the border.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#36 » by pingpongrac » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:04 am

C_Money wrote:

Agreed. It would be hard for me to cheer for a Louisville team. Or any team outside of Canada.
Am I missing something? Is the team name going to be the Louisville Raptors? It's still the same team, just playing home games in a different city (like the bubble this past season).

Some weird "fans" lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
DIEHARD_005
Starter
And1: 902

Post#37 » by DIEHARD_005 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:05 am

Will be interesting to see what the NHL does for all of its teams. I don't see all the Canadian clubs being based in US cities, so if the Canadian government makes an exemption for the NHL then i would think mlse would lobby for them to do the same for the raps.
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,821

Post#38 » by TheRealDeal » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:33 am

DIEHARD_005 wrote:Will be interesting to see what the NHL does for all of its teams. I don't see all the Canadian clubs being based in US cities, so if the Canadian government makes an exemption for the NHL then i would think mlse would lobby for them to do the same for the raps.

This. These guys are tested every day. I really don’t think the potential risk is as high as everyone is making it out to be. Have to make some sacrifices as a country to keep pro sports alive
t54zhao
Junior
And1: 580

Post#39 » by t54zhao » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:37 am

That’s cool. They’re trial running a new team in Louisville like how the New Orleans Hornets were in OKC after Hurricane Katrina.
My challenge to the Vaccine truthers, make a prediction and sig it.
Mine: In 2023, rates of heart attacks & strokes amongst vaccinated people, never infected with COVID will be similar (+-5%) when compared to people of same age in 2018.
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,391

Post#40 » by beanbag » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:38 am

To recap:

I'm such a proud Canadian, that if Canada's team can't play in Canada, I'll cheer for an American team.

P.s. I'd be fine with them playing in the following U.S. cities.

Return to Toronto Raptors