ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors

Moderators: Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic, niQ

User avatar
OakleyDokely
RealGM
Posts: 17,256
And1: 38,033
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: 416
 

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#161 » by OakleyDokely » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:31 pm

DonDoolie wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:

So because another team overpaid a role player the raptors should do the same? What kind of backwards BS logic are you using ? I swear some of you don't even think before posting.
Raps still preserve a max slot for next year and his contract isn't crazy so it's tradable in the future. What exactly is the problem? You'd rather lose an asset for nothing?


Sign and trade or let him walk. You don't overpay and hope to trade in the future. God forbid he gets injured or lowers his value then youre stuck with this trash bag for 3-4 years
So give up an asset for nothing.
vado
Starter
Posts: 2,413
And1: 1,407
Joined: Jul 29, 2006
       

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#162 » by vado » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 pm

A little bit of an overpay (maybe by $2 mil per year) but we need him to replace Lowry who is turning 35.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
Posts: 54,886
And1: 19,068
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
     

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#163 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:34 pm

This reminds me of the arguments over Amir’s deal back in the day, except there’s only one person being loudly wrong this time.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
User avatar
Jcity08
Head Coach
Posts: 6,000
And1: 7,432
Joined: May 06, 2018
       

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#164 » by Jcity08 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:36 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:Raps still preserve a max slot for next year and his contract isn't crazy so it's tradable in the future. What exactly is the problem? You'd rather lose an asset for nothing?


Sign and trade or let him walk. You don't overpay and hope to trade in the future. God forbid he gets injured or lowers his value then youre stuck with this trash bag for 3-4 years
So give up an asset for nothing.


Yeah, letting him walk is not a rational option.
Image
YelloC
Analyst
Posts: 3,053
And1: 3,745
Joined: Apr 19, 2018
     

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#166 » by YelloC » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:42 pm

If Dookie hates it, you know it’s a perfect deal.
Freddy improves every year and now with Malachi we actually have a legitimate backup if Freddy or Kyle get in foul trouble or are shooting bricks.
This is a perfectly fine deal and is right on market value.
Anyone expecting less was hoping for a miracle.
User avatar
realball
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,521
And1: 1,418
Joined: Sep 13, 2006
 

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#167 » by realball » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:45 pm

DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:

You keep thinking that but I dont want to see you crying half way through the season about his contract.


Looks like you're doing enough crying for the rest of us.

This is a good deal, we gave him what other players at his level are getting. Considering Jeremi Grant $20 mill a year we did very well.



So because another team overpaid a role player the raptors should do the same? What kind of backwards BS logic are you using ? I swear some of you don't even think before posting.


Wtf are you talking about, Fred dropped 18/7 this year. How many role-players do you know dropping 18 ppg? Even Lowry doesn't score that much. He was our second-best player in the playoffs. Read the room, we're all pretty happy with the deal. GTFO here and cry somewhere else.
ratul
Head Coach
Posts: 7,289
And1: 3,845
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Location: Toronto/NYC
     

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#168 » by ratul » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:56 pm

Underpaid. But well worth it. Welcome back Freddie!
User avatar
DonDoolie
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,790
And1: 2,127
Joined: Nov 17, 2018
 

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#169 » by DonDoolie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:12 pm

realball wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:
Looks like you're doing enough crying for the rest of us.

This is a good deal, we gave him what other players at his level are getting. Considering Jeremi Grant $20 mill a year we did very well.



So because another team overpaid a role player the raptors should do the same? What kind of backwards BS logic are you using ? I swear some of you don't even think before posting.


Wtf are you talking about, Fred dropped 18/7 this year. How many role-players do you know dropping 18 ppg? Even Lowry doesn't score that much. He was our second-best player in the playoffs. Read the room, we're all pretty happy with the deal. GTFO here and cry somewhere else.


THAT is your justification for his terrible deal? He scored 18ppg? Lmfao. Oh and if you watched any damn basketball in your life you would know there were plenty of role players that got 18ppg before. Yah read the room its a bunch of homers. I'll keep this thread saved just so I can laugh in the future.


Peace.
Image
Making Salat, I ain't miss a beat Praise to Allah, made it out the clink Alhamdulillah, praise be to God Big booty freak, givin' a massage
User avatar
Jcity08
Head Coach
Posts: 6,000
And1: 7,432
Joined: May 06, 2018
       

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#170 » by Jcity08 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:15 pm

DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:

So because another team overpaid a role player the raptors should do the same? What kind of backwards BS logic are you using ? I swear some of you don't even think before posting.


Wtf are you talking about, Fred dropped 18/7 this year. How many role-players do you know dropping 18 ppg? Even Lowry doesn't score that much. He was our second-best player in the playoffs. Read the room, we're all pretty happy with the deal. GTFO here and cry somewhere else.


THAT is your justification for his terrible deal? He scored 18ppg? Lmfao. Oh and if you watched any damn basketball in your life you would know there were plenty of role players that got 18ppg before. Yah read the room its a bunch of homers. I'll keep this thread saved just so I can laugh in the future.


Peace.


Spoiler:
Image
Image
User avatar
realball
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,521
And1: 1,418
Joined: Sep 13, 2006
 

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#171 » by realball » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:15 pm

DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:

So because another team overpaid a role player the raptors should do the same? What kind of backwards BS logic are you using ? I swear some of you don't even think before posting.


Wtf are you talking about, Fred dropped 18/7 this year. How many role-players do you know dropping 18 ppg? Even Lowry doesn't score that much. He was our second-best player in the playoffs. Read the room, we're all pretty happy with the deal. GTFO here and cry somewhere else.


THAT is your justification for his terrible deal? He scored 18ppg? Lmfao. Oh and if you watched any damn basketball in your life you would know there were plenty of role players that got 18ppg before. Yah read the room its a bunch of homers. I'll keep this thread saved just so I can laugh in the future.


Peace.


Oh right, my argument is so much worse than you just saying he's a role-player over and over again. Why don't you name some role-players who dropped 18 ppg? How about role-players who started on the team with the second-best record while dropping 18/7?

Go cry in your little corner and leave us all alone, ya dunce. Go cry in the future, leave us to enjoy the present.
User avatar
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
Posts: 16,438
And1: 7,021
Joined: Dec 19, 2008

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#172 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:18 pm

ItsDanger wrote:4 more years of getting stuffed at the rim.


Except he is one of the best ball theifs on D in the entire league and he converts those at a high rate. Love his intangibles!
User avatar
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
Posts: 16,438
And1: 7,021
Joined: Dec 19, 2008

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#173 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:20 pm

DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:

So because another team overpaid a role player the raptors should do the same? What kind of backwards BS logic are you using ? I swear some of you don't even think before posting.


Wtf are you talking about, Fred dropped 18/7 this year. How many role-players do you know dropping 18 ppg? Even Lowry doesn't score that much. He was our second-best player in the playoffs. Read the room, we're all pretty happy with the deal. GTFO here and cry somewhere else.


THAT is your justification for his terrible deal? He scored 18ppg? Lmfao. Oh and if you watched any damn basketball in your life you would know there were plenty of role players that got 18ppg before. Yah read the room its a bunch of homers. I'll keep this thread saved just so I can laugh in the future.


Peace.


Fred haters are a loathsome bunch. I would prefer prime Kobe but reality is a tough pill to swallow for some of trolling fan base.
User avatar
DonDoolie
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,790
And1: 2,127
Joined: Nov 17, 2018
 

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#174 » by DonDoolie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:20 pm

realball wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:
Wtf are you talking about, Fred dropped 18/7 this year. How many role-players do you know dropping 18 ppg? Even Lowry doesn't score that much. He was our second-best player in the playoffs. Read the room, we're all pretty happy with the deal. GTFO here and cry somewhere else.


THAT is your justification for his terrible deal? He scored 18ppg? Lmfao. Oh and if you watched any damn basketball in your life you would know there were plenty of role players that got 18ppg before. Yah read the room its a bunch of homers. I'll keep this thread saved just so I can laugh in the future.


Peace.


Oh right, my argument is so much worse than you just saying he's a role-player over and over again. Why don't you name some role-players who dropped 18 ppg? How about role-players who started on the team with the second-best record while dropping 18/7?

Go cry in your little corner and leave us all alone, ya dunce. Go cry in the future, leave us to enjoy the present.


There were 52 people in the league that scored more than fred ppg wise just last year. Now let's look at role players

Wiggins
Schroeder
Lou Williams
Collin sexton
Dinwiddie
Bojan bogdanovic
Warren
Tobias Harris
Julius Randle
Gallo
Fournier
Graham
Rose
Rozier

Lmfao

Keep being a homer i can list more. Fred is a product of the system plug any pg in his role and they would do well on the raptors
Image
Making Salat, I ain't miss a beat Praise to Allah, made it out the clink Alhamdulillah, praise be to God Big booty freak, givin' a massage
User avatar
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
Posts: 11,381
And1: 7,835
Joined: Nov 16, 2006

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#175 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Great deal. I really thought the Raps were gonna bend over and give him about 25 million. Surprised the Pistons or Knicks didn’t swoop in and offer a crazy amount. Or maybe FVV was not all about the money and wanted to stay with a top notch organization which gave him his chance. Loyalty is rare these days but not totally extinct.
User avatar
OakleyDokely
RealGM
Posts: 17,256
And1: 38,033
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: 416
 

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#176 » by OakleyDokely » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:25 pm

DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
THAT is your justification for his terrible deal? He scored 18ppg? Lmfao. Oh and if you watched any damn basketball in your life you would know there were plenty of role players that got 18ppg before. Yah read the room its a bunch of homers. I'll keep this thread saved just so I can laugh in the future.


Peace.


Oh right, my argument is so much worse than you just saying he's a role-player over and over again. Why don't you name some role-players who dropped 18 ppg? How about role-players who started on the team with the second-best record while dropping 18/7?

Go cry in your little corner and leave us all alone, ya dunce. Go cry in the future, leave us to enjoy the present.


There were 52 people in the league that scored more than fred ppg wise just last year. Now let's look at role players

Wiggins
Schroeder
Lou Williams
Collin sexton
Dinwiddie
Bojan bogdanovic
Warren
Tobias Harris
Julius Randle
Gallo
Fournier
Graham
Rose
Rozier

Lmfao

Keep being a homer i can list more. Fred is a product of the system plug any pg in his role and they would do well on the raptors
And how many of those guys are top defenders at their positions
User avatar
dacrusha
RealGM
Posts: 12,186
And1: 4,517
Joined: Dec 11, 2003
Location: Waiting for Jesse Ventura to show up...
       

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#177 » by dacrusha » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:25 pm

Great job, Masai, bringing back a key piece who is still has lots of room to grow and is a long way from peaking.

Crybabies can cry. :violin:
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
User avatar
DonDoolie
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,790
And1: 2,127
Joined: Nov 17, 2018
 

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#179 » by DonDoolie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:30 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:
Oh right, my argument is so much worse than you just saying he's a role-player over and over again. Why don't you name some role-players who dropped 18 ppg? How about role-players who started on the team with the second-best record while dropping 18/7?

Go cry in your little corner and leave us all alone, ya dunce. Go cry in the future, leave us to enjoy the present.


There were 52 people in the league that scored more than fred ppg wise just last year. Now let's look at role players

Wiggins
Schroeder
Lou Williams
Collin sexton
Dinwiddie
Bojan bogdanovic
Warren
Tobias Harris
Julius Randle
Gallo
Fournier
Graham
Rose
Rozier

Lmfao

Keep being a homer i can list more. Fred is a product of the system plug any pg in his role and they would do well on the raptors
And how many of those guys are top defenders at their positions


Yah im sure none if it is due to him being on one of the best defensive teams in the league right? :banghead:

Anyways we will see and time will tell. Book marked this thread for future reference. Have a good day sir
Image
Making Salat, I ain't miss a beat Praise to Allah, made it out the clink Alhamdulillah, praise be to God Big booty freak, givin' a massage
User avatar
realball
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,521
And1: 1,418
Joined: Sep 13, 2006
 

Re: Shams: Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors 

Post#180 » by realball » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:32 pm

DonDoolie wrote:
realball wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
THAT is your justification for his terrible deal? He scored 18ppg? Lmfao. Oh and if you watched any damn basketball in your life you would know there were plenty of role players that got 18ppg before. Yah read the room its a bunch of homers. I'll keep this thread saved just so I can laugh in the future.


Peace.


Oh right, my argument is so much worse than you just saying he's a role-player over and over again. Why don't you name some role-players who dropped 18 ppg? How about role-players who started on the team with the second-best record while dropping 18/7?

Go cry in your little corner and leave us all alone, ya dunce. Go cry in the future, leave us to enjoy the present.


There were 52 people in the league that scored more than fred ppg wise just last year. Now let's look at role players

Wiggins
Schroeder
Lou Williams
Collin sexton
Dinwiddie
Bojan bogdanovic
Warren
Tobias Harris
Julius Randle
Gallo
Fournier
Graham
Rose
Rozier

Lmfao

Keep being a homer i can list more. Fred is a product of the system plug any pg in his role and they would do well on the raptors


Right, like Delon Wright? How come he wasn't as good as Fred?

Wtf is this list lmao. Are you trying to prove my point? Fred literally better than every single one of them besides maybe Bojan, Gallo, and Warren. All those guys were potential All-Stars and secondary play-makers for their team, not just role-players. Bojan's got a similar contract, Gallo got paid $20 mill, and Warren definitely will be getting a similar amount when he's a FA. So yeah, we paid Fred exactly what he should be getting, if not less. You got guys on your list like Wiggins and Harris getting paid $25 mill. Even Rozier's at $20 mill. Schroeder's got $15 mill and will probably get a raise next off-season.

So yeah, go cry somewhere else, you're making yourself look like an idiot.

Return to Toronto Raptors