ImageImageImageImageImage

Back on the treadmill

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Re: Back on the treadmill 

Post#61 » by TheBoi10 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:59 am

Siakam and whatever it takes for Harden

Then get an athletic center preferably who can catch lobs
ChromeKid
Veteran
And1: 2,380

Post#62 » by ChromeKid » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:08 am

720 wrote:
ChromeKid wrote:
720 wrote:OG is going to average 18ppg this season.

Even if that magically happened for some reason this is still a second round exit to boston/miami/bucks

We can beat all those teams without magical 18ppg OG.

I mean anything can happen in basketball I guess. Just don't see the top class teams in the East that have pushed all their chips on the table (minus miami) losing to 35 year old Lowry and role players but what do I know I've only been following this league for 15+ years
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#63 » by 720 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:15 am

ChromeKid wrote:
720 wrote:
ChromeKid wrote:
Even if that magically happened for some reason this is still a second round exit to boston/miami/bucks

We can beat all those teams without magical 18ppg OG.

I mean anything can happen in basketball I guess. Just don't see the top class teams in the East that have pushed all their chips on the table (minus miami) losing to 35 year old Lowry and role players but what do I know I've only been following this league for 15+ years

Siakam is not a role player and he’ll get better.
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#64 » by big-shot-ROB » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:05 am

If it helps you, we are not doing too much better on our side. At least you still have flexibility next year. We're capped as a team until Kemba's deal expires.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,264

Post#65 » by mrdressup » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:23 am

We were treadmilling even if Ibaka signed. There are a good dozen teams ahead of us in the pecking order now. I still expect we' ll beat the teams we need to beat to have a decent record. We' re just not going to be able to compete much with tier 1 and 1A. Can't not play either. We have to find a way to beat the expectations. That's usually good enough for a season to be called a success.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#66 » by Mister Ze » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:30 am

This team went from an ECF/Semis ceiling to a Semis/1st round exit ceiling.
BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Post#67 » by BramptonYute » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:40 am

Yeah the team is kind of in no mans land rn.

Really curious to see what masai and bobby do
casual_raps_fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 616

Post#68 » by casual_raps_fan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:44 am

I didn't realize that the offseason ended already.
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,120

Post#69 » by LarSiN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:27 am

Treadmill thread, weak
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"
Clutch0z24
General Manager
And1: 8,020

Post#70 » by Clutch0z24 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:40 am

Lets take a deep Dive into where we are at...

15 Players
Lowry $30,500,000
Vanvleet $18,973,214 | $20,491,071 | $22,008,929 | $23,526,786
Flynn $5 million 4 Years

Powell $10,865,952
Davis $1,517,981 | $2,056,061
Thomas $1,517,981 | $1,782,621 | $2,228,276
McCaw $4,000,000
Harris Minimum 2 Year
Watson (GLeague) ?

Anunoby $3,872,215 | $5,634,073 (Rumors of being extended)
Johnson $3,804,150
Brissett (Qualifying Offer)

Siakam $30,559,200 | $33,003,93 | $35,448,672 | $37,893,408

Boucher (Qualifying Offer)
Hernandez $1,517,981 | $1,782,621 | $2,228,276

We obviously need to lose some guards here with FVV prolly also playing more of the SG....I think looking at the chart seeing we will have no money to pay Powell next year considering we want a Max player in free agency ...You get rid of him now for Draft pick and a prospect big man ....

Lowry Coming Off the books next year and prolly wants a payday....If i was Raps id trade Lowry for a bag of assets right now to a team that feels they need a Lowry to contend...Get some draft picks and prospects since we know we are not winning anything next year and hes 35 years old and will prolly leave next year for nothing...

Run Freddy at his natural position at PG, Let OG get more comfortable being a offensive threat, And let Siakam try and develop more...

2021 Comes by and we have some extra draft picks Lowry/Powell trades and hope to grab a big time free agent (Giannis/Kawhi) being the ones we would pursue the most ....If we strike out in Free agency then at least we have Draft picks/Young guys to develop on the team and go from there ...

We prolly sign 2 or 3 big men this free agency and cut a few players...But yeah things are looking bleak for us to make it anywhere in the Lowry era anyways...I think that Era is over and its time to look at a new ...Give FVV the keys at PG grab young talent and try to mold a team together
Clutch0z24
General Manager

Post#71 » by Clutch0z24 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:51 am

TheBoi10 wrote:Siakam and whatever it takes for Harden

Lets say We grabbed Harden for Powell + Siakam + Picks idk...Then we grab the likes of Giles/Whiteside/Biyombo in free agency..

Still would we really be that much better with

Lowry
Harden
OG
Giles
Whiteside

Fvv 6th Man
Davis II
McCaw?
Boucher
Biyombo

Team still is shaky af...Losing Ibaka really messed us up cause if you get a guy like Harden you want to have Lowry + Ibaka there to make the team really reliable...With Harden and shaky Bigs since no one is left in free agency it would be hard to imagine Harden would make us really that much better with Powell + Siakam + Ibaka Gone
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#72 » by seanbig » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:59 am

How good is RPM ? It suggests klow is a super all star

Marc gasol is miles ahead of serge

And og is a net negative ;(

And the worst raptors are

The illegitimate son 3 rings at -3.95

And brisset at close to -7
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,576

Post#73 » by mdenny » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:02 am

Clutch0z24 wrote:

Lets say We grabbed Harden for Powell + Siakam + Picks idk...Then we grab the likes of Giles/Whiteside/Biyombo in free agency..

Lowry
Harden
OG
Giles
Whiteside

Fvv 6th Man
Davis II
McCaw?
Boucher
Biyombo

Team still is shaky af...Losing Ibaka really messed us up cause if you get a guy like Harden you want to have Lowry + Ibaka there to make the team really reliable...With Harden and shaky Bigs since no one is left in free agency it would be hard to imagine Harden would make us really that much better with Powell + Siakam + Ibaka Gone

lol Maybe you just aren't a raptor fan? The raptors have a plan that they have been formulating for years now. You seem to be oblivious to their plans despite them PUBLICALLY ANNOUNCING them over and over again. lol

Maybe you just shouldn't be a fan of a team that has been telling you what you they are doing for more than 2 years and you are either not listening or in some strange sort of denial about.
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,856

Post#74 » by ThatClockWork » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:09 am

weren't you the guy who said Kyle lost a step a few years ago?

Anyways, opportunity for someone like Boucher to step up who won't cost as much is here. If we retained ibaka, it would of cost us more most likely. For now, we don't have any grounds to speculate on. Let's relax and see what happens.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
Clutch0z24
General Manager

Post#75 » by Clutch0z24 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:13 am

mdenny wrote:
Clutch0z24 wrote:

Lowry
Harden
OG
Giles
Whiteside

Fvv 6th Man
Davis II
McCaw?
Boucher
Biyombo

lol Maybe you just aren't a raptor fan? The raptors have a plan that they have been formulating for years now. You seem to be oblivious to their plans despite them PUBLICALLY ANNOUNCING them over and over again. lol

Maybe you just shouldn't be a fan of a team that has been telling you what you they are doing for more than 2 years and you are either not listening or in some strange sort of denial about.

Huh? Not a fan? wtf you on about dude ...I am pointing out a pretty valid point....Harden had some good teams in Houston and still could not do anything with them...Hes an amazing talent but if you place him on a team like ours with no real other stars to play with Also point to the fact we would be losing Siakam/Powell + Future Picks (Bad idea since we have trouble attracting free agents)
You are shooting yourself in the foot when so many other teams in the NBA atm have 2-3 superstars and a team full of really good role players ...Clippers/Lakers/Nets ETC ...

Would we have enough firepower to throw Harden in make him the first option and expect him to bring us to the promise land?....I have my doubts and then you are taking a risk giving up many future picks + a younger all star player in Siakam for a 32 year old who will prolly leave when his contract is up...

What is this plan your talking about? all i know is everyone seems we will land Giannis which is most lilkely not gonna happen...Sometimes plans fail no matter how much you want it to happen and you have to be able to pivot
Ivre
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#76 » by Ivre » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:29 am

VinBaker6 wrote:The fact that the Raptors are still Lowry or bust at his age is pathetic and should be called out. We have over 200 mill in cap tied up to 2 floor raisers with zero shot at superstardom. We are entering a worse version of the Lowry/DeRozan era (Lowry being way better than both these dudes being why. Don't delude yourselves into the Giannis pipedream.

This team is a crappy offensive unit that relies on defense who just got worse on both ends (assuming both Marc and Serge are gone). We're probably going to be a top 4 seed as usual but this is an early playoff exit. If Kyle loses a step forget it.

Hey chicken little.

You know the thing about chicken little - he’s short sited. Panic is the mark of the uncreative.
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,937

Post#77 » by Anticon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:48 am

It's not a treadmill if you're getting worse! At least use the right terms.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#78 » by basketball royalty » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:04 pm

We have to trade Kyle for Paul George.

They would get a our Championship nucleus to keep Kawhi happy. We would get PG who is the next best option available in Free Agency next year behind Giannis. Unless Masai has a guaranteed Giannis for that cap space. In fact even if he does, then we can get both PG and Giannis on the team.
props to Turbozone for the sig
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,501

Post#79 » by OakleyDokely » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:53 pm

It still amazes me that people react like this when this offseason, this upcoming season was ALWAYS going to be a transition year. The Raps didn't position their roster or their cap to be major players this year. This season is about adding young players to the rotation, developing the roster and maintaining a max slot for next offseason. People who are disappointment because the Raps arent signing average FAs to big, long term deals really don't get the big picture.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,620

Post#80 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:54 pm

mdenny wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
mdenny wrote:A treadmill that has a max slot open for next year. Right.

All we needed for contention was serge Ibaka? The guy we benched in crunch time when facing elimination?

Enuff respect for serge....but he's not the difference between a treadmill team and a contender.
Yes, were getting Giannis. Great plan.

We have a max slot next season.
How much farther did u think we were going with Ibaka this year than without?

Let's say 10 wins? Enough to be a more attractive team for a star FA to come to. As it is, why would he not go to Miami if hedoesn't re-sign in Milwaukee?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.

Return to Toronto Raptors