ImageImageImageImageImage

If you're a Siakam Fan then post here!

Moderators: Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic, niQ

HKBOY
Senior
Posts: 568
And1: 929
Joined: Mar 14, 2011
 

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#141 » by HKBOY » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:45 am

When he is good, he is in the Marion/Bosh/Love/Lowry tier. Not a superstar but one of the best Robins in the NBA.
User avatar
pingpongrac
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,969
And1: 7,017
Joined: Mar 18, 2015
   

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#142 » by pingpongrac » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:52 am

pr0gr4m wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:
You’re the one with the small sample size. Pascal was great for the entirety of the 18/19 season and 3/4 of the 19/20 season. Yet you judge him off the bubble and like 4 games this year.

You need to give a guy at least a full season before you decide if he’s been figured out.

You the :clown: for contradicting yourself.

You want him to judge him on a season he was a 2nd option and got everyone off guard?

He was trash prior to the bubble and COVID.
FreshyFlames wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:You got 3/4 games I got months backing me.

Aren't you the same guy talking about small sample size regarding Yuta?

:clown:

I guess you didn't watch basketball before Covid. :crazy:

He trash prior. You didn't watch basketball

Injury or not keep making excuses for a guy getting a BONUS for conning his way onto the All-2nd team.

If he is such a great player why do the Raptors have the worst record in the league?
That myth has been busted many times.

October: 28/9/4 (51/44/96)
November: 24/8/4 (44/36/74)
December: 25/7/3 (45/42/83)
January: 21/7/3 (48/30/76)
February: 23/7/4 (46/37/80)
March: 23/8/5 (43/28/82)
Bubble: 17/6/2 (39/36/71)

January and March were slight hiccups efficiency-wise because he struggled with the three. October (MVP level) and the bubble (awful) are the only outliers though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
Image
User avatar
Raps in 4
RealGM
Posts: 48,538
And1: 35,958
Joined: Nov 01, 2008
Location: Toronto
 

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#143 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:07 am

Duffman100 wrote:Love Siakam, always have. Rough go of it for 11-12 months, but he seems to have adjusted. Now it's on teams to adjust back to him.

The key I'm seeing is he's seeing the passes a lot more. Clearly that was an emphasis. Read the double, make the right pass. He's starting to get into that.


He was always a good passer. I think becoming the #1 option made him feel like he needs to always find his own shot first. I'm glad he's figured out that he can still be our best player without needing to necessarily take the most shots on the team (like Lowry or Jokic).
pr0gr4m
Senior
Posts: 551
And1: 265
Joined: Jun 15, 2020

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#144 » by pr0gr4m » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:30 am

pingpongrac wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:
You’re the one with the small sample size. Pascal was great for the entirety of the 18/19 season and 3/4 of the 19/20 season. Yet you judge him off the bubble and like 4 games this year.

You need to give a guy at least a full season before you decide if he’s been figured out.

You the :clown: for contradicting yourself.

You want him to judge him on a season he was a 2nd option and got everyone off guard?

He was trash prior to the bubble and COVID.
FreshyFlames wrote:I guess you didn't watch basketball before Covid. :crazy:

He trash prior. You didn't watch basketball

Injury or not keep making excuses for a guy getting a BONUS for conning his way onto the All-2nd team.

If he is such a great player why do the Raptors have the worst record in the league?
That myth has been busted many times.

October: 28/9/4 (51/44/96)
November: 24/8/4 (44/36/74)
December: 25/7/3 (45/42/83)
January: 21/7/3 (48/30/76)
February: 23/7/4 (46/37/80)
March: 23/8/5 (43/28/82)
Bubble: 17/6/2 (39/36/71)

January and March were slight hiccups
efficiency-wise because he struggled with the three. October (MVP level) and the bubble (awful) are the only outliers though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app

What was the strength of schedule like?
Discord: vert#8300

Add me for my real, uncensored opinion.
User avatar
pingpongrac
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,969
And1: 7,017
Joined: Mar 18, 2015
   

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#145 » by pingpongrac » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:07 am

pr0gr4m wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:You want him to judge him on a season he was a 2nd option and got everyone off guard?

He was trash prior to the bubble and COVID.
He trash prior. You didn't watch basketball

Injury or not keep making excuses for a guy getting a BONUS for conning his way onto the All-2nd team.

If he is such a great player why do the Raptors have the worst record in the league?
That myth has been busted many times.

October: 28/9/4 (51/44/96)
November: 24/8/4 (44/36/74)
December: 25/7/3 (45/42/83)
January: 21/7/3 (48/30/76)
February: 23/7/4 (46/37/80)
March: 23/8/5 (43/28/82)
Bubble: 17/6/2 (39/36/71)

January and March were slight hiccups
efficiency-wise because he struggled with the three. October (MVP level) and the bubble (awful) are the only outliers though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app

What was the strength of schedule like?
January: Spurs, OKC, Wizards, Wolves, Hawks, Sixers, Knicks, Spurs, Hawks, Cavs, Pistons
March: Nuggets, Suns, Warriors, Kings, Jazz

So that has nothing to do with it. The only good teams in those months were the Sixers, Nuggets and Jazz.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
Image
User avatar
Johnny Bball
RealGM
Posts: 29,009
And1: 28,483
Joined: Feb 01, 2015
 

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#146 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:57 pm

Well there is one thing new.., what took Leonard ten years to figure out (truly after last year), it took Siakam one year as the first option. Distributing the ball at a good rate is better than forcing it and it’s easy buckets.
Kingsway_fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,686
And1: 3,577
Joined: May 25, 2016
 

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#147 » by Kingsway_fan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:47 pm

Even before the improved play of Pascal, I was saying that I would not trade Pascal for Harden straight up, and that is even more the case today.

Pascal is a two way player and younger.... Harden is on the decline and is mostly a one way player...

Pascal is key part of our core moving forward.

If our high frp is an athletic sg or sf, this will complement Pascal even more.... just as Bouchers play has done...

We can't have stiffs like Baynes play and expect that to complement the speed and athletic play of someone like Pascal.

By seasons end Pascal will be a 24, 9, 6 guy... I am happy with that...

We dont need players with high baggage, like Harden, who will just bolt to warm cities when his contract is up...too risky and not worth it...
User avatar
pilkoids
Veteran
Posts: 2,851
And1: 3,590
Joined: May 28, 2014

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#148 » by pilkoids » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:02 pm

I've not liked the way he's been playing going back to the bubble of last year, but the last game against the Blazers it looked like some light got turned on and he started playing with more aggressiveness. Even the game winner he missed was in the paint and a high percentage shot. Hoping he keeps this kind of play up.
kj_
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,791
And1: 1,698
Joined: Feb 06, 2013

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#149 » by kj_ » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:40 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:Even before the improved play of Pascal, I was saying that I would not trade Pascal for Harden straight up, and that is even more the case today.

Pascal is a two way player and younger.... Harden is on the decline and is mostly a one way player...

Pascal is key part of our core moving forward.

If our high frp is an athletic sg or sf, this will complement Pascal even more.... just as Bouchers play has done...

We can't have stiffs like Baynes play and expect that to complement the speed and athletic play of someone like Pascal.

By seasons end Pascal will be a 24, 9, 6 guy... I am happy with that...

We dont need players with high baggage, like Harden, who will just bolt to warm cities when his contract is up...too risky and not worth it...

I don’t think Masai will include Siakam in a harden deal. I think he wants to pair them. That also means a deal is unlikely. Well, it’s unlikely anyway, but even more unlikely.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
gerrit4
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,932
And1: 2,714
Joined: Mar 10, 2006

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#150 » by gerrit4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:37 pm

Anticon wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:If you don't put insane expectations on Siakam and accept him for who he is, you'll start seeing a lot of positive stuff he does.


Triple double, less than 20ppg Siakam is the guy I cheer for.

Playmaking, defence, good shot selection, scoring in transition are he's best at.

If his scoring drops to 16-18 ppg he probably loses an all star spot but its best for the team.


Well, watching him in that role as a creator who picks his spots, has really been a joy to watch. The last few games have been the best all-around play I've seen from Siakam*. If that's his future, we have a really nice piece moving forward.

*Keeping in mind, he's been doing it against not-great defences.
User avatar
HiJiNX
Head Coach
Posts: 6,382
And1: 400
Joined: Mar 19, 2004
Location: T-Dot

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#151 » by HiJiNX » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:27 pm

Still developing as I’ve been saying for a year.

He showed flashes of a perimeter game early last year before tailing off once he got injured but if he ever gets that back and can put that together with the improved aggression and passing then you have yourselves an awesome player.

The thing about Siakam I wouldn’t worry about is his raw scoring numbers—what I’m most interested in is his ability to score or create with under two minutes to go in the game. If he ever becomes consistent there then you have yourselves a superstar player.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
FreshyFlames
Pro Prospect
Posts: 819
And1: 750
Joined: Feb 29, 2012
         

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#152 » by FreshyFlames » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:15 am

pr0gr4m wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:
You’re the one with the small sample size. Pascal was great for the entirety of the 18/19 season and 3/4 of the 19/20 season. Yet you judge him off the bubble and like 4 games this year.

You need to give a guy at least a full season before you decide if he’s been figured out.

You the :clown: for contradicting yourself.

You want him to judge him on a season he was a 2nd option and got everyone off guard?

He was trash prior to the bubble and COVID.
FreshyFlames wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:You got 3/4 games I got months backing me.

Aren't you the same guy talking about small sample size regarding Yuta?

:clown:

I guess you didn't watch basketball before Covid. :crazy:

He trash prior. You didn't watch basketball :lol:

Injury or not keep making excuses for a guy getting a BONUS for conning his way onto the All-2nd team.

If he is such a great player why do the Raptors have the worst record in the league?

Stop embarrassing yourself. You don't know basketball
Raps in 6ix
User avatar
orbesnet
Head Coach
Posts: 6,238
And1: 4,241
Joined: Oct 13, 2005
Location: LIC

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#153 » by orbesnet » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 am

I'm a fan, just feel like he doesn't get up without the fans, which I get but...
Pascal to the future.
pr0gr4m
Senior
Posts: 551
And1: 265
Joined: Jun 15, 2020

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#154 » by pr0gr4m » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:54 am

FreshyFlames wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:
You’re the one with the small sample size. Pascal was great for the entirety of the 18/19 season and 3/4 of the 19/20 season. Yet you judge him off the bubble and like 4 games this year.

You need to give a guy at least a full season before you decide if he’s been figured out.

You the :clown: for contradicting yourself.

You want him to judge him on a season he was a 2nd option and got everyone off guard?

He was trash prior to the bubble and COVID.
FreshyFlames wrote:I guess you didn't watch basketball before Covid. :crazy:

He trash prior. You didn't watch basketball :lol:

Injury or not keep making excuses for a guy getting a BONUS for conning his way onto the All-2nd team.

If he is such a great player why do the Raptors have the worst record in the league?

Stop embarrassing yourself. You don't know basketball

LOL if we had Tatum instead of Siakam last season or even this season. Do you think we would be worse, better, or the same?

(Tatum and Siakam were compared on this board)
Discord: vert#8300

Add me for my real, uncensored opinion.
Marty_Budda
Junior
Posts: 481
And1: 795
Joined: Aug 06, 2018
     

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#155 » by Marty_Budda » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 am

pr0gr4m wrote:
FreshyFlames wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:You want him to judge him on a season he was a 2nd option and got everyone off guard?

He was trash prior to the bubble and COVID.
He trash prior. You didn't watch basketball :lol:

Injury or not keep making excuses for a guy getting a BONUS for conning his way onto the All-2nd team.

If he is such a great player why do the Raptors have the worst record in the league?

Stop embarrassing yourself. You don't know basketball

LOL if we had Tatum instead of Siakam last season or even this season. Do you think we would be worse, better, or the same?

(Tatum and Siakam were compared on this board)


Yeah they were compared at the start of last season when pascal had that hot start. They’re no longer compared. And no he’s not better than Tatum. That doesn’t mean he sucks.

Siakam is like the 30th highest paid player this year and he’s around the 20-25th best player in the league. So I don’t get what your issue is here?
FreshyFlames
Pro Prospect
Posts: 819
And1: 750
Joined: Feb 29, 2012
         

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#156 » by FreshyFlames » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:01 am

pr0gr4m wrote:
FreshyFlames wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:You want him to judge him on a season he was a 2nd option and got everyone off guard?

He was trash prior to the bubble and COVID.
He trash prior. You didn't watch basketball :lol:

Injury or not keep making excuses for a guy getting a BONUS for conning his way onto the All-2nd team.

If he is such a great player why do the Raptors have the worst record in the league?

Stop embarrassing yourself. You don't know basketball

LOL if we had Tatum instead of Siakam last season or even this season. Do you think we would be worse, better, or the same?

(Tatum and Siakam were compared on this board)

Not sure since we lost to Tatum lol. Are you saying Siakam is on the Celtics? It's a toss up because Siakam might have been coached differently there(Nurse deserves some blame for the abysmal coaching). Also even if I said I'd rather have Tatum that doesn't make Siakam trash? :crazy: I don't think you or many people here know what trash means. Siakam is "trash" but Len is a 5/10 :lol: kids...
Raps in 6ix

Return to Toronto Raptors