ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,095

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1 

Post#121 » by sogood » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:43 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:Norm + TD + filler for Zach lavine works in trade checker

I'd even throw in some picks

Might work in the trader checker, it sure as hell doesn't work for the Bulls.

lmao why would they trade their young star for role players?
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,637

Post#122 » by Bruin » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:51 pm

ash_k wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:Dinwiddie's out for the season. How about Lowry for Lavert and Dinwiddie ... and TLC. That would be a talent boost. Don't need any of the Nets late first rounders.

Nets wouldn’t do that

Levert will get his seasonal injury soon, Dinwiddie is out and TLC is TLC. Nets are in win-now mode with injury-prone Kyrie and KD's achilles. Nets would jump on that trade RIGHT AWAY!!!

Idk I just think the Nets would target a point guard in a trade for their main assets. They could do better with that package.

If it were on the table for us then for sure would be great for us tho
Raptorstorm
Sixth Man
And1: 1,029

Post#123 » by Raptorstorm » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:25 pm

Trade Norm Powell to Derrick Rose and what ever the hell garbage they have. We can use Rose scoring..
"IN MASAI WE TRUST" 8-)
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#124 » by gerrit4 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:00 am

Psubs wrote:
gerrit4 wrote:I said this a month ago, but I'll put it up again. I'd love to find a way to get Aaron Gordon on this team. I know he plays a position we're already pretty strong at with Pascal/OG, but I think he's undervalued right now and would give us a really nice small ball lineup for the playoffs. I feel like he's one of those players who should be on a good team in a lesser role, instead of the Magic trying to turn him into Paul George 2.0

Aaron Gordon isn't good, that's why he's undervalued. Maybe send Powell and filler?

Maybe Indiana wants him and we get Turner?

That doesn’t make sense. If he’s not good, he’d be overvalued (considering we can’t get him for Norm). To be undervalued, you have to be better than what your perceived trade value is.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,440

Post#125 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:51 am

gerrit4 wrote:
Psubs wrote:
gerrit4 wrote:I said this a month ago, but I'll put it up again. I'd love to find a way to get Aaron Gordon on this team. I know he plays a position we're already pretty strong at with Pascal/OG, but I think he's undervalued right now and would give us a really nice small ball lineup for the playoffs. I feel like he's one of those players who should be on a good team in a lesser role, instead of the Magic trying to turn him into Paul George 2.0

Aaron Gordon isn't good, that's why he's undervalued. Maybe send Powell and filler?

Maybe Indiana wants him and we get Turner?

That doesn’t make sense. If he’s not good, he’d be overvalued (considering we can’t get him for Norm). To be undervalued, you have to be better than what your perceived trade value is.

The numbers and value would be difficult to work out but I think some kinda of deal where we acquire Turner and Dipo while Orlando sends Gordon to Indiana would be good for everyone.

Not sure what we would have to give to make that happen though.
genius-
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,186

Post#126 » by genius- » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:30 pm

Josh Jackson looks like an underrated FA we could target in the offseason.

His offensive game looks to be improved.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,197

Post#127 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:46 pm

Zeno wrote:Knowing what we know about Nurse's love for combo guards with good size with quality passing skills, steal rates and defense are we looking at throw a big offer at Lonzo Ball? He'd be an excellent pairing with Fred, Malachi, OG and Pascal. 538 projects him as a future all-star...forgetting about Dad, I think he is our free agent max target. Plus I don't think New Orleans would match a big offer. Assuming his 3 point shooting holds up, I think this is the move.
Did you really say Lonzo for the max? Seriously!!! Lonzo ain't worth it, he's overhyped, dude can play defense and his shot has improved but a projected 13/7/7 isn't great. I get he's young but still he's a bad fit on this team at already have VanVleet and Flynn looks pretty good.

Players Toronto should avoid are Blake Griffin, Aaron Gordon,, Andrew Wiggins, Draymond Green, Kevin Love, Kevin Knox, Denis Smith Jr and Buddy Hield. They are decent to good players but horrible fits here and some of them are grossly overpaid
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,815

Post#128 » by Zeno » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:23 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Zeno wrote:Knowing what we know about Nurse's love for combo guards with good size with quality passing skills, steal rates and defense are we looking at throw a big offer at Lonzo Ball? He'd be an excellent pairing with Fred, Malachi, OG and Pascal. 538 projects him as a future all-star...forgetting about Dad, I think he is our free agent max target. Plus I don't think New Orleans would match a big offer. Assuming his 3 point shooting holds up, I think this is the move.
Did you really say Lonzo for the max? Seriously!!! Lonzo ain't worth it, he's overhyped, dude can play defense and his shot has improved but a projected 13/7/7 isn't great. I get he's young but still he's a bad fit on this team at already have VanVleet and Flynn looks pretty good.

Players Toronto should avoid are Blake Griffin, Aaron Gordon,, Andrew Wiggins, Draymond Green, Kevin Love, Kevin Knox, Denis Smith Jr and Buddy Hield. They are decent to good players but horrible fits here and some of them are grossly overpaid

I had to re-read my original post to make sure I said that. lol. No, I don't think we should offer Lonzo the max. I think I was more thinking about how we were supposedly going after max free agent and he was someone we might consider instead. I don't think he's over-hyped anymore. I actually think he's under-rated now. Any he absolutely fits the profile of what Nurse and Masai like and would fit well next to Fred and OG/Siakam. Flynn is not going to be starting regardless with FVV so he's a bench point guard for at least the next couple years.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#129 » by Red_Claw » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Lowry
For
Gary Harris and Bol Bol + TPE

Probably the most we'll get for a 34 yr old with less than a full season left on his contract even if he plays like an all star this year. Would still need to find a trade for Norm, Len and possibly TD.

Fred/Flynn/McCaw
Harris/Thomas/Bembry
OG/Watson/Johnson
Siakam/Boucher
Baynes/Bol Bol/Len
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#130 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,089

Post#131 » by ItsDanger » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:49 pm

genius- wrote:Josh Jackson looks like an underrated FA we could target in the offseason.

I think he signed a 2 yr deal there. Some guys are immature when they enter the league. He looks humbled to me. People want to tank but lottery talent is available sometimes and you have to seriously look at 6'8 SG/SF. Our current management overlooks thee types.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,641

Post#132 » by Psubs » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:22 pm

ItsDanger wrote:
genius- wrote:Josh Jackson looks like an underrated FA we could target in the offseason.

I think he signed a 2 yr deal there. Some guys are immature when they enter the league. He looks humbled to me. People want to tank but lottery talent is available sometimes and you have to seriously look at 6'8 SG/SF. Our current management overlooks thee types.

Thought so too but his 3 pt shooting is now already back to 30%. He's doing better than Powell but Powell is more likely to succeed.

We got Len, who has done better than Jackson. Geez Phoenix whiffed on so many top 5 picks.

They should've drafted Isaac instead of Jackson as they had Booker.

Drafted Ayton as he went to Arizona. Should've drafted Doncic as a coach had ties to him. Instead of Bender, have Hield and Murray, should've taken Murray. Though they might not have been bad enough to draft Doncic. So let's say they still miss the playoffs but take Michael Porter Jr as they need a PF.

PG Murray
SG Booker
SF Isaac
PF Michael Porter Jr
C Baynes
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,089

Post#133 » by ItsDanger » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:43 pm

Seems like Masai's strategy is assemble and develop talent in the hopes of trading them. Tanking for lottery is a crapshoot. What is consistent is there are usually 4 or 5 bad GMs in this league and you need to have assets at those opportune times. One unique situation this year is the lockdowns, maybe some owners don't want to pay high salaries.

For instance. More time on my hands over holidays and watching games. I'd bet Marvin Bagley wants out of Sacramento just by watching how he's acting. John Collins wants out of Atlanta (you can tell by him and how he's used). Lonzo is signing elsewhere (NY?). Markkanen probably wants out. Watching Denver, Jokic is clearly frustrated by some teammates, they need a backup C and another forward.

Now that some of these bottom tier teams may be improving, I could see them trying to adjust their rosters.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,718

Post#134 » by Ell Curry » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:29 am

I understand Masai not wanting to throw good money after bad, but something like a 2nd rounder and McCaw for Richaun Holmes or a similar deal and we're the 6 seed and without it, we might be in the play-in games.
Where's the D?
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#135 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:45 am

so is there a consensus #1 this year? if so, we're on a solid path to him.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#136 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:54 am

Kuminga lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#137 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:55 am

I want Cade Cunningham. a guard with size.
C-R-E-A-M-
Senior
And1: 790

Post#138 » by C-R-E-A-M- » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:05 am

isyed
Starter
And1: 313

Post#139 » by isyed » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:14 am

Just keep the stealth tank mode on. Trade for Blake Griffin at the trade deadline and then end up in the play in tourney as the 10th spot in the east. More than likely we get a top 8 pick from that spot with the small chance of getting lucky in the lottery.

Push our free agency year to 2022. Try to win the play in and see how things go with a legit big and 1st option like Blake.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using RealGM mobile app
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#140 » by pr0gr4m » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:13 pm

The best move is to definitely liquify Lowry into picks and a young asset. It is impossible to contend for over a decade without a generational star. We should look at obtaining a young front court piece or taking on someone like Griffin with multiple picks coming over direction.

Return to Toronto Raptors