ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Nexus949
Freshman
And1: 93

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1 

Post#21 » by Nexus949 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:07 pm

Toronto Gets: Harden
Houston Gets: T Hardaway Jr., Dwight Powell, Jalen Brunson, Terrance Davis, 2021 FRP (Tor), 2022 FRP (Dal)
Dallas Gets: Lowry, P. McCaw

Toronto Gives: Lowry, McCaw, Terrance Davis, 2021 FRP
Houston Gives: Harden
Dallas Gives: T Hardaway Jr., Dwight Powell, Jalen Brunson, 2022 FRP

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7ob9xhk

Toronto gets Harden while keeping OG and Siakam
Houston gets youth and picks, with enough talent to field a competitive squad today
Dallas gets a big three of Lowry, Doncic and Porzingis
isyed
Starter
And1: 313

Post#22 » by isyed » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:42 pm

Griffin would be a great fit. His 3pt shooting has improved and he's always been a great passer. If he is healthy and the pistons suck by the trade deadline we could send them all our expiring plus a future 1st and punt our free agency plans to 2022. Maybe even resign lowry.

Will have to wait till free agents can be traded so maybe Feb or March.

Griffin

For

Norm
Stanley
Mccaw
Boucher
Len
Future protected 1st
Future second

Pistons get cap relieve this year and for 2021 and Casey gets norm back.

We balance out our gaurd situation and add a legit big man.
A motivated Griffin might push us into top 2 or 3 in the east.

Griffin/baynes
Siakam
Og/davis
Fvv/Thomas
Lowry/flynn

More balance and firepower upfront. Addresses size and rebounding along with playmaking. Don't need griffin to do too much but as a team he gives us a vet presence and options.

A lot of money for sure but allows us to then hit free agency in 2022 when Beal will be a fee agent.

Maybe we give lowry another 30 mill extension and try another year to compete and contend. Blake is 31 now so he should be in his prime and with not needed to do a lot of heavy lifting he could offer us solid passing, shooting, playmaking and rebounding. His defence might be the only real concern but I think we can hide him with everyone else.

Extending og at 20 mill and maybe davis at 8 or 9 mill(if he develops as we hope he does and legal issues don't cause any other issues) gives us another shot at free agency in 2022. Around 90 mill allotted for Siakam, fvv, og, Davis, Flynn, Thomas cap hold, 2021 first rounder and 2022 first rounder.

Room for another max player contract and maybe bring back lowry at the cap room mle.

Siakam/2022 1sr rounder
Og/2021 1st rounder
Davis
Beal/lowry
Fvv/flynn

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:So we going after Blake Griffin?

he's great actually imho. he's got an all round game.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using RealGM mobile app
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#23 » by Red_Claw » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:40 pm

I love Lowry but if Flynn proves thats he's a big part of the future, this could work for the long run.

Lowry for Oladipo, Mcdermott and protected 1st.

Lowry could be the missing vet piece that Indiana needs to get to the finals. His toughness fits indiana's style and i don't want to hear anything about Brogden already being there as he can move to starting SG easier than Fred.

*Powell would also be on his way out for early 2nds, late first, or young player.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#24 » by Psubs » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:13 pm

Red_Claw wrote:I love Lowry but if Flynn proves thats he's a big part of the future, this could work for the long run.

Lowry for Oladipo, Mcdermott and protected 1st.

Lowry could be the missing vet piece that Indiana needs to get to the finals. His toughness fits indiana's style and i don't want to hear anything about Brogden already being there as he can move to starting SG easier than Fred.

*Powell would also be on his way out for early 2nds, late first, or young player.

Oladipo is washed, would rather for Turner. When Len is able to be traded,

Toronto trades: Powell, McCaw and Len (of course if they want Stanley instead of McCaw to save $200k when waiving, do it).
Indiana trades: Turner

If Indiana would rather have Lou Willams, send Powell to LAC and Lou Will to Indiana. Assuming LAC want Powell over Lou Will.

Maybe Indiana is interested in Zubac?
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#25 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:15 pm

isyed wrote:Griffin would be a great fit. His 3pt shooting has improved and he's always been a great passer. If he is healthy and the pistons suck by the trade deadline we could send them all our expiring plus a future 1st and punt our free agency plans to 2022. Maybe even resign lowry.

Will have to wait till free agents can be traded so maybe Feb or March.

Griffin

For

Norm
Stanley
Mccaw
Boucher
Len
Future protected 1st
Future second

Pistons get cap relieve this year and for 2021 and Casey gets norm back.

We balance out our gaurd situation and add a legit big man.
A motivated Griffin might push us into top 2 or 3 in the east.

Griffin/baynes
Siakam
Og/davis
Fvv/Thomas
Lowry/flynn

More balance and firepower upfront. Addresses size and rebounding along with playmaking. Don't need griffin to do too much but as a team he gives us a vet presence and options.

A lot of money for sure but allows us to then hit free agency in 2022 when Beal will be a fee agent.

Maybe we give lowry another 30 mill extension and try another year to compete and contend. Blake is 31 now so he should be in his prime and with not needed to do a lot of heavy lifting he could offer us solid passing, shooting, playmaking and rebounding. His defence might be the only real concern but I think we can hide him with everyone else.

Extending og at 20 mill and maybe davis at 8 or 9 mill(if he develops as we hope he does and legal issues don't cause any other issues) gives us another shot at free agency in 2022. Around 90 mill allotted for Siakam, fvv, og, Davis, Flynn, Thomas cap hold, 2021 first rounder and 2022 first rounder.

Room for another max player contract and maybe bring back lowry at the cap room mle.

Siakam/2022 1sr rounder
Og/2021 1st rounder
Davis
Beal/lowry
Fvv/flynn

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:So we going after Blake Griffin?

he's great actually imho. he's got an all round game.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using RealGM mobile app

no way they trade Griffin for scraps.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#26 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:17 pm

Nexus949 wrote:Toronto Gets: Harden
Houston Gets: T Hardaway Jr., Dwight Powell, Jalen Brunson, Terrance Davis, 2021 FRP (Tor), 2022 FRP (Dal)

Houston gets youth and picks, with enough talent to field a competitive squad today

wtf lmao. Houston would not agree to that trade. thats just as bad as the Vince Carter trade the Nets pulled off lmao. at least the Raptors got Alonzo Mourning as a big name (who didn't report)
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#27 » by h4rrison » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:48 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
h4rrison wrote:Image

Here me out here.. I think taking a flyer on KP could be good gamble. We're not attracting any free agents and we have a glaring hole at center. If KP can stay healthy, a big combination of him and PS is quintessential in today's league. Both can play solid defense and has an inside/outside game.

The question here, is if Dallas is willing to trade KP for role players albeit solid ones. Honestly, I they'd have better success playing the free agency market trying to pair a star with Luka then continuing to pay KP's contract with how injury prone he is. Dude can't be relied upon to play a whole season and playoff run (something the Raps will need to gamble on). Main value here for Dallas is freeing up cap space to sign a star which shouldn't be a problem with Luka.

Clips accept this trade in a heartbeart.

Prefer a trade like this then giving up our whole farm for Harden. I think we 're content with our guards and forwards, we just need a solid big.

KP/Baynes/Boucher/Len
Siakam/Ellenson/Yuta
OG/Bembry
Norm/Thomas/TD
Fred/Flynn/TD

That is a terrible trade for Dallas. Only way they would do it is if KP has a serious medical issue.

Yeah.. you’re right it’s pretty lopsided but I get the feeling Dallas wants out of KP’s contract. Maybe if some picks were involved they’d be interested.
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,095

Post#28 » by sogood » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:11 pm

Nexus949 wrote:Toronto Gets: Harden

Lmaoooo holy hell at least buy Houston dinner first.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#29 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:39 pm

h4rrison wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
h4rrison wrote:Image

Here me out here.. I think taking a flyer on KP could be good gamble. We're not attracting any free agents and we have a glaring hole at center. If KP can stay healthy, a big combination of him and PS is quintessential in today's league. Both can play solid defense and has an inside/outside game.

The question here, is if Dallas is willing to trade KP for role players albeit solid ones. Honestly, I they'd have better success playing the free agency market trying to pair a star with Luka then continuing to pay KP's contract with how injury prone he is. Dude can't be relied upon to play a whole season and playoff run (something the Raps will need to gamble on). Main value here for Dallas is freeing up cap space to sign a star which shouldn't be a problem with Luka.

Clips accept this trade in a heartbeart.

Prefer a trade like this then giving up our whole farm for Harden. I think we 're content with our guards and forwards, we just need a solid big.

KP/Baynes/Boucher/Len
Siakam/Ellenson/Yuta
OG/Bembry
Norm/Thomas/TD
Fred/Flynn/TD

That is a terrible trade for Dallas. Only way they would do it is if KP has a serious medical issue.

Yeah.. you’re right it’s pretty lopsided but I get the feeling Dallas wants out of KP’s contract. Maybe if some picks were involved they’d be interested.

Dallas definitely DOES NOT want out of KPs contract. They don't care or want KP to play all 82 or 72 games. Just be healthy for the playoffs.

Dallas main priority is getting another max player, preferably a big or wing player.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#30 » by gerrit4 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:58 pm

I said this a month ago, but I'll put it up again. I'd love to find a way to get Aaron Gordon on this team. I know he plays a position we're already pretty strong at with Pascal/OG, but I think he's undervalued right now and would give us a really nice small ball lineup for the playoffs. I feel like he's one of those players who should be on a good team in a lesser role, instead of the Magic trying to turn him into Paul George 2.0
Psubs
RealGM

Post#31 » by Psubs » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:04 pm

gerrit4 wrote:I said this a month ago, but I'll put it up again. I'd love to find a way to get Aaron Gordon on this team. I know he plays a position we're already pretty strong at with Pascal/OG, but I think he's undervalued right now and would give us a really nice small ball lineup for the playoffs. I feel like he's one of those players who should be on a good team in a lesser role, instead of the Magic trying to turn him into Paul George 2.0

Aaron Gordon isn't good, that's why he's undervalued. Maybe send Powell and filler?

Maybe Indiana wants him and we get Turner?
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,044

Post#32 » by ItsDanger » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:17 pm

We have too many guards. Flynn looks like he is ready to play 15 MPG right now. Giannis FA dream is over. What does Masai do with the cap space? We can't continue with 6 guards that deserve minutes. A trade needs to happen.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#33 » by Gold Dragon » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:03 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycdofday

TOR gets: Reddick, Josh Hart, Nicolo Melli
NOP gets: Norm, TD, McCaw, Stanley

Salaries match. All of Incoming players are on final years of contracts. Hart and Melli are RFAs.

Reddick could then be traded again for more front court help at the deadline.

Baynes/Boucher/Len
Pascal/Melli/Yuta/Brissett
OG/Hart/Bembry/Watson
FVV/Reddick/Thomas/Harris
KL/Flynn
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#34 » by Kingsway_fan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:15 pm

ItsDanger wrote:We have too many guards. Flynn looks like he is ready to play 15 MPG right now. Giannis FA dream is over. What does Masai do with the cap space? We can't continue with 6 guards that deserve minutes. A trade needs to happen.

Agreed.

And top priority ideally is upgrade at starting c....
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#35 » by Lukeem » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:06 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:We have too many guards. Flynn looks like he is ready to play 15 MPG right now. Giannis FA dream is over. What does Masai do with the cap space? We can't continue with 6 guards that deserve minutes. A trade needs to happen.

Agreed.

And top priority ideally is upgrade at starting c....

Potential significant upgrades. That are possible.

Vucevic, gobert,turner (?) or going smaller with Aaron Gordon, John Collins (?) , Kevin love (?), pj tucker

Anyone else ?
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#36 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:21 am

Wonder if we can get Richaun Holmes without giving up a first?
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Post#37 » by bluerap23 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:14 pm

Gold Dragon wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycdofday

TOR gets: Reddick, Josh Hart, Nicolo Melli
NOP gets: Norm, TD, McCaw, Stanley

Salaries match. All of Incoming players are on final years of contracts. Hart and Melli are RFAs.

Reddick could then be traded again for more front court help at the deadline.

Baynes/Boucher/Len
Pascal/Melli/Yuta/Brissett
OG/Hart/Bembry/Watson
FVV/Reddick/Thomas/Harris
KL/Flynn

Like this trade for us. Can't see it happening though. Hart is a cheaper Norm and Melli and Reddick are WAY better than McCaw and Stanley.
anf30000
Ballboy
And1: 51

Post#38 » by anf30000 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:53 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260897/Timberwolves-To-Waive-Rondae-Hollis-Jefferson

Raps should sign Hollis Jefferson. It would be good to have internal competition between Bembry, Yuta and Jefferson
Psubs
RealGM

Post#39 » by Psubs » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:10 pm

anf30000 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260897/Timberwolves-To-Waive-Rondae-Hollis-Jefferson

Raps should sign Hollis Jefferson. It would be good to have internal competition between Bembry, Yuta and Jefferson

Yuta can compete wit Boucher and Pascal.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,627

Post#40 » by Bruin » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:43 pm

I wouldn’t say Oladipo is washed. He’s finally getting back into form and put up 20 last night in 24 minutes. Yeah sure he might not be in the same form as his all star year before the injury but he’s still 28 and he’s one of those hardworking guys. I think he can get back to all star form. If there’s a way to get Turner + Oladipo with maybe a package surrounding norm and Fred once Fred is eligible to be traded, I think we should go for it. Only way this team can contend seriously again is if we swing for the fences like we did with kawhi.

And if it doesn’t work out, Oladipo is a free agent and we can let him walk. By getting rid of Fred we’d also be allowing Flynn to take on the backup PG role and allow him to develop in his rookie year

Return to Toronto Raptors