ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,782

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1 

Post#561 » by Zeno » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:39 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Sounds like Oladipo to Raptors in FA is another wet dream. Focus on RFAs that want out or other players that teams do not want to pay. There is opportunity out there. This is our best option currently.

This is why I think New Orleans is a sneaky Lowry trade team. I don't think they really want to pay Lonzo. They love getting vets to build a culture around their two young stars. Lonzo, Fred backcourt feels very Nurse too. Lonzo is like super McCaw.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
C-R-E-A-M-
Senior
And1: 790

Post#562 » by C-R-E-A-M- » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:36 pm

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,617

Post#563 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:34 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Baynes is a team option right? He looks physically finished. Zero lift, zero quickness...just a step behind everything.

That can't get better by sitting. He had a nice dunk last night off a pass, and a charge on D and another play or 2. i'd like to see him get a few more chances in a game like that, maybe spot duty when size is needed, for a rebound.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,625

Post#564 » by Bruin » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:52 pm

C-R-E-A-M- wrote:

If the deal that guy proposed is at all on the table we better jump on that lol. The comparison to the Jrue package was a nice point too. Although Holiday at 30 is younger than Kyle, this is pretty much Phillys window considering Embiids health issues and size since he won’t have quite as much longevity. Holiday cost 3 first rounder and 2 pick swaps. Getting Maxey and 2 first rounders for a legit shot at contention and fixing pretty much the main Achilles heel of the sixers is honestly pretty reasonable imo
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#565 » by TheBoi10 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:46 am

ItsDanger wrote:Sounds like Oladipo to Raptors in FA is another wet dream. Focus on RFAs that want out or other players that teams do not want to pay. There is opportunity out there. This is our best option currently.

John Collins
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#566 » by T-d0t » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:11 am

PrinceAli wrote:
C-R-E-A-M- wrote:

If the deal that guy proposed is at all on the table we better jump on that lol. The comparison to the Jrue package was a nice point too. Although Holiday at 30 is younger than Kyle, this is pretty much Phillys window considering Embiids health issues and size since he won’t have quite as much longevity. Holiday cost 3 first rounder and 2 pick swaps. Getting Maxey and 2 first rounders for a legit shot at contention and fixing pretty much the main Achilles heel of the sixers is honestly pretty reasonable imo
No way we get all that for Lowry. The Score is on something if they think we can get all that from Philly.
Bruin
RealGM

Post#567 » by Bruin » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:36 am

T-d0t wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
C-R-E-A-M- wrote:

No way we get all that for Lowry. The Score is on something if they think we can get all that from Philly.

Regardless I hope Beal doesn’t become available so a bidding war starts for Kyle between a bunch of contending teams
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,782

Post#568 » by Zeno » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:41 am

T-d0t wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
C-R-E-A-M- wrote:

Yeah, the most I see us getting is Thybulle, a 1st and New York’s 2nd. I could see us sending Norm and Green to Cleveland for Drummond and an additional 2nd maybe. Two 1sts and a swap plus two prospects is crazy for an expiring. We’d need to take on money to get something like that.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#569 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:54 am

PrinceAli wrote:
T-d0t wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:If the deal that guy proposed is at all on the table we better jump on that lol. The comparison to the Jrue package was a nice point too. Although Holiday at 30 is younger than Kyle, this is pretty much Phillys window considering Embiids health issues and size since he won’t have quite as much longevity. Holiday cost 3 first rounder and 2 pick swaps. Getting Maxey and 2 first rounders for a legit shot at contention and fixing pretty much the main Achilles heel of the sixers is honestly pretty reasonable imo

Regardless I hope Beal doesn’t become available so a bidding war starts for Kyle between a bunch of contending teams

Yes, a bidding war is our best chance to get Maxey + picks, or Precious.

OTOH, if Heat do get Beal, then Philly with be DESPERATE. Masai likes 'em DESPERATE.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#570 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:58 am

Zeno wrote:Two 1sts and a swap plus two prospects is crazy for an expiring. We’d need to take on money to get something like that.

Maxey + 2021, 2023 FRPs is fine. A 2022 swap will be useless unless Raps sign Kawhi back this summer (lol).

But Kyle shouldn't be looked at as a pure rental. He's going home, and the Sixers will be a contender for years. He would re-sign for around $10 mill or so.
Bruin
RealGM

Post#571 » by Bruin » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:31 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
T-d0t wrote:No way we get all that for Lowry. The Score is on something if they think we can get all that from Philly.

Yes, a bidding war is our best chance to get Maxey + picks, or Precious.

OTOH, if Heat do get Beal, then Philly with be DESPERATE. Masai likes 'em DESPERATE.

That’s true. If Miami can get Beal then Philly is gonna have to scramble for some improvements

Wouldn’t mind it lol
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,154

Post#572 » by PoundTown » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:54 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
Zeno wrote:Two 1sts and a swap plus two prospects is crazy for an expiring. We’d need to take on money to get something like that.

Maxey + 2021, 2023 FRPs is fine. A 2022 swap will be useless unless Raps sign Kawhi back this summer (lol).

But Kyle shouldn't be looked at as a pure rental. He's going home, and the Sixers will be a contender for years. He would re-sign for around $10 mill or so.

If you can get maxey and this years first you do it. 2 firsts given kyles age is probably a bit much if you’re the sixers.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#573 » by fbalmeida » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:23 am

Dipo in 2021 FA
Collins as a RFA in 2021
Beal has a player option in 2022, but may become available via trade as soon as next week.
LaVine, Fox, and Grant are also all potentially going to want out of their current locations by the end of this seasons.

That's an interesting pool, considering how all remaining competition is essentially maxed out in terms of cap space.

The Heat, Mavs, and Raptors are the only good teams/organizations in a position to add talent.

I wouldn't bet against Masai and Bobby.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#574 » by Skeezo » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:54 pm

When it comes to dealing with Philly, I flip flop on the inclusion of Harris in the deal versus a combination of Green and others to make the cash work. In some ways, I question if we can gain a better player than Harris in Free Agency, so why not grab him. However, I also consider if we would be able to use the cap space in other trades to gain better draft assets than what Harris could bring to the team...

Either way, any deal involving Philly and Lowry that can get us Maxey, and First Round Picks in 2021 and 2023, I am all aboard. I believe Norm is worth a 1st Rounder to a contender

Maxey
Flynn
OG
FVV
Siakim
Boucher
TD

+ multiple first round picks in each of the next 3 years is a pretty good base from which to build.
2muchTLC
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#575 » by 2muchTLC » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:18 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
C-R-E-A-M- wrote:

bucks were also backs against the wall in re-signing giannis if they didn't get Jrue. I'd say they overpaid. Lowry probably fetches 1 prospect+1 pick
Bruin
RealGM

Post#576 » by Bruin » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:21 pm

2muchTLC wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
C-R-E-A-M- wrote:

bucks were also backs against the wall in re-signing giannis if they didn't get Jrue. I'd say they overpaid. Lowry probably fetches 1 prospect+1 pick

And I’d be totally fine with that return. Would rather it not be Thybulle though. Has to be either Maxey or Milton for it to be worth it for us since the pick would be a late 1st anyways
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#577 » by Steelo Green » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:11 pm

John Collins is like like Demar. No D and not a winner.

Oladipo would be an overpay for be what a 6-8 seed for the next 5 years?

Beal would be had for 3+ unprotected first rounders + Fred/Siakam and again, for what - to be a 6-8 seed?

Kawhi added to this group in a vacuum and we aren’t a contender because we lost a lot of the depth we had, and Kyle was still at an all-star level.

Blow it up.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,593

Post#578 » by HangTime » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:45 pm

Raptors get:
Drummond, Maxey, Thybulle

76ers get:
Lowry, Thomas

Cavs get:
Danny Green, Mike Scott, Powell

Then you figure out where the picks go.
Bruin
RealGM

Post#579 » by Bruin » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:16 pm

HangTime wrote:Raptors get:
Drummond, Maxey, Thybulle

76ers get:
Lowry, Thomas

Cavs get:
Danny Green, Mike Scott, Powell

Then you figure out where the picks go.

That deal doesn’t benefit the Cavs in any way
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#580 » by Kingsway_fan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:23 pm

Either way, any deal involving Philly and Lowry that can get us Maxey, and First Round Picks in 2021 and 2023, I am all aboard. I believe Norm is worth a 1st Rounder to a contender

I like your thinking.... yes... if we could get that for Kyle I would consider it a success. Same for norm.

Return to Toronto Raptors