ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1 

Post#681 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:05 pm

Asif16 wrote:Nikola Vucevic would kill on this team. No cap

I don't understand how someone can watch Myles Turner kill us/block us in the Pacers game yesterday, and then want to trade for Nikola f'n Vucevic.

I'm not sure if the Pacers still want to go smaller by trading one of their bigs, but if Turner is still on the market, then Raps have to get him by any means necessary. A three way with Turner (and Sixers garbage + Maxey) to Toronto, Kyle to Sixers and Norm + Stanley/Yuta + Thuybulle, with Raptors and Sixers each sending an FRP to the Pacers, works in the trade machine, although balancing the roster spots may make it impractical.

I throw Stanley in there, because Pacers clearly didn't have the SF size to control OG yesterday, and on their fan blog someone included SJ in a list of players the Pacers could target to fill the role while Warren is out.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#682 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:56 pm

definitely want Myles Turner. 3 point shooting, shown some consistency, and blocking shots. huge upgrade on Boucher and Baynes.

Raptors In: Myles Turner, TJ Warren
Raptors Out: Lowry, Thomas

Pacers In: Tobias Harris, Thybulle
Pacers Out: Turner, Warren

76ers In: Lowry, Matt Thomas
76ers Out: Tobias Harris, Thybulle
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#683 » by Raptorfan2012 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:57 pm

Bobby and Masai have been weiredly silent through out this season. I am neither TWO and Playoffs, but I do think management has to make a decision soon on which route they want to go. Personally I do want to trade Lowry and even Powell and see what young pieces we can get, and if that team is good enough to make the playoffs, then so be it.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#684 » by bboyskinnylegs » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:21 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:Bobby and Masai have been weiredly silent through out this season. I am neither TWO and Playoffs, but I do think management has to make a decision soon on which route they want to go. Personally I do want to trade Lowry and even Powell and see what young pieces we can get, and if that team is good enough to make the playoffs, then so be it.

I think the uncertainty about Masai (and even Bobby's) future status with the team, coupled with the obvious backfiring of the 2021 max capspace plan, as well as our team heading right for no-man's land this season has left us in a weird spot.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#685 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:49 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:

I don't understand how someone can watch Myles Turner kill us/block us in the Pacers game yesterday, and then want to trade for Nikola f'n Vucevic.

I'm not sure if the Pacers still want to go smaller by trading one of their bigs, but if Turner is still on the market, then Raps have to get him by any means necessary. A three way with Turner (and Sixers garbage + Maxey) to Toronto, Kyle to Sixers and Norm + Stanley/Yuta + Thuybulle, with Raptors and Sixers each sending an FRP to the Pacers, works in the trade machine, although balancing the roster spots may make it impractical.

I throw Stanley in there, because Pacers clearly didn't have the SF size to control OG yesterday, and on their fan blog someone included SJ in a list of players the Pacers could target to fill the role while Warren is out.

Can’t see philly trading depth guys (for salary purposes), Maxey, Thybulle and a frp for a few months of Lowry.
2muchTLC
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#686 » by 2muchTLC » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:02 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

Can’t see philly trading depth guys (for salary purposes), Maxey, Thybulle and a frp for a few months of Lowry.

Pacers also wouldn't trade their 2nd/3rd best player for teams' scraps. Especially not conference rivals
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#687 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:28 pm

2muchTLC wrote:
RonaldArtest wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

Pacers also wouldn't trade their 2nd/3rd best player for teams' scraps. Especially not conference rivals

Raptors are getting the scraps. I wouldn't trade Turner if I were the Pacers either, but he has been talked about as a trade chip forever. Pacers don't want to play two bigs at once in this era. And Norm + assets + FRPs is a pretty good haul. I can tell you the Pacers commentators think very highly of Norm. (And Watanabe.) But if necessary, send Maxey to Indiana.

Whether Sixers do it, depends. Let's see if they hit a slump. Why waste another year if they have a chance to get Embiid's favourite PG and an established winner? Lowry isn't really a rental, he would surely re-sign with his hometown team if they're contenderish and the offer is decent.
RonaldArtest
General Manager

Post#688 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:47 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
2muchTLC wrote:
RonaldArtest wrote:Can’t see philly trading depth guys (for salary purposes), Maxey, Thybulle and a frp for a few months of Lowry.

Raptors are getting the scraps. I wouldn't trade Turner if I were the Pacers either, but he has been talked about as a trade chip forever. Pacers don't want to play two bigs at once in this era. And Norm + assets + FRPs is a pretty good haul. I can tell you the Pacers commentators think very highly of Norm. (And Watanabe.) But if necessary, send Maxey to Indiana.

Whether Sixers do it, depends. Let's see if they hit a slump. Why waste another year if they have a chance to get Embiid's favourite PG and an established winner? Lowry isn't really a rental, he would surely re-sign with his hometown team if they're contenderish and the offer is decent.

I think the Turner deal is closer, but probably doesn’t do it. They would ideally like to get a young standout wing or guard to grow alongside Sabonis. Powell could opt out, and the firsts will be likely in the 20-28 range. If Turner wants out and demands a trade it’s one thing, but I think they would want a better long term piece in any deal for him. For sure they want Maxey in your proposed offer.
For the sixers I agree they should make a play for Kyle, but matching salaries will cost them depth at the very least (DG, Scott, Ferguson, etc). Those guys are all expiring so they’ll have some wiggle room in the offseason, which they can make a play for Lowry then. I can’t see them parting with these depth guys, plus their best prospect in Maxey. Not to mention Tybulle who is at the minimum a very intriguing defensive prospect, and a FRP. At the very most I’d see the deal as Kyle/Thomas for DG/Scott/Ferguson/Tybulle/2021 frp.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#689 » by Psubs » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:19 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:Bobby and Masai have been weiredly silent through out this season. I am neither TWO and Playoffs, but I do think management has to make a decision soon on which route they want to go. Personally I do want to trade Lowry and even Powell and see what young pieces we can get, and if that team is good enough to make the playoffs, then so be it.

If there was any a time to sell and not have it hurt the team's profits at the gate is this season in Tampa. :D

Not tanking just selling. If you sell early on Lowry you might get more than just a 1/3 season rental.
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#690 » by TD2FutureStar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:08 pm

Lowry needs to be traded. From a personal view i enjoy the way the others play in his absence. I also think his best years are behind him. He came into this season fat and put of shape. I would take the best offer available regardless of what that was.

Id be looking at the following names in a Lowry deal. KP, Dipo, Drummond, Simmons, Maxey etc
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#691 » by Psubs » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:25 pm

TD2FutureStar wrote:Lowry needs to be traded. From a personal view i enjoy the way the others play in his absence. I also think his best years are behind him. He came into this season fat and put of shape. I would take the best offer available regardless of what that was.

Id be looking at the following names in a Lowry deal. KP, Dipo, Drummond, Simmons, Maxey etc

I'd be cool with any 1st pick, 1 young prospect and any level of expiring filler.
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#692 » by TD2FutureStar » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:00 am

Psubs wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:Lowry needs to be traded. From a personal view i enjoy the way the others play in his absence. I also think his best years are behind him. He came into this season fat and put of shape. I would take the best offer available regardless of what that was.

I'd be cool with any 1st pick, 1 young prospect and any level of expiring filler.

Philly can provide that list easily. Late 1st and one of Maxey or Thybule plus expiring deals w Scott+Green
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#693 » by h4rrison » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:14 am

Lonzo, Hayes, Redick for Lowry?

Basically, a rental for NO (if they cant resign him) and push for the playoff experience. Pretty sure they're not trying to resign Lonzo or Redick and Hayes has been a letdown. Plus they signed Adams long term.

Who says no?
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#694 » by YelloC » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:54 am

Watching Alabama and Herbert Jones is a senior with some translatable skills and has improved each year. He’s got some length at the wing with a little passing, good steals and blocks and an improving 3.
I wouldn’t hesitate to offer him a camp spot or undrafted deal.
Jtoneller1
Junior
And1: 183

Post#695 » by Jtoneller1 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:20 pm

Three team deal:

Toronto: Lowry, TD
Philly: Salary, Maxey, 1st
OKC: Horford, 1st

Philly gets their guy for two late firsts essentially. OKC gets rid of Horfords contract and swaps a first for another late first and two prospects. We get an additional FRP and a veteran, high IQ big who wont clog up the lane.

Sent from my SM-A705W using RealGM mobile app
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,428

Post#696 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:13 pm

Jtoneller1 wrote:Three team deal:

Toronto: Lowry, TD
Philly: Salary, Maxey, 1st
OKC: Horford, 1st

Philly gets their guy for two late firsts essentially. OKC gets rid of Horfords contract and swaps a first for another late first and two prospects. We get an additional FRP and a veteran, high IQ big who wont clog up the lane.

Who is going where?
Jtoneller1
Junior
And1: 183

Post#697 » by Jtoneller1 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:16 pm

Lowry to Philly
Philly Salary, Maxey, PHI 1st, TD to OKC
Horford and OKC 1st to TO (whatever pick is appropriate value)

DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,568

Post#698 » by DreamTeam09 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:08 pm

Jtoneller1 wrote:Lowry to Philly

I don't see philly moving Green and he's their only big expiring salary. They don't have enough deadweight to match salaries.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
RonaldArtest
General Manager

Post#699 » by RonaldArtest » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:08 pm

No way OKC moves Horford for expirings and essentially 3 frp’s.
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#700 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:31 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:

No way OKC moves Horford for expirings and essentially 3 frp’s.

Am I just waking up from a dream? Is it still 2012? Does Horford (and his horrendous contract) have positive value that teams would trade assets for?

I would say the same thing to the guy who wanted to acquire Blake.

Return to Toronto Raptors