ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V1 

Post#81 » by StopitLeo » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:26 pm

Asif16 wrote:
2muchTLC wrote:Raptors
IN: Harden, Turner
OUT: 3 firsts, 2 seconds, Pascal, TD, Norm, SJ, Mcaw

Rockets
IN: Pascal, Oladipo, 2 firsts
OUT: Harden, tucker, EG

Indy
IN: 1 first, 2 seconds, tucker, norm, EG, TD, SJ, Mcaw
OUT: turner, oladipo

Honestly I dont mind it. I think it's a slight overpay from us though. Either remove a 1st or Terence Davis

Does Indy really want Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker? I feel like you could find a different 3rd team and do it without Harden and Siakam.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#82 » by mtcan » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:57 pm

BramptonYute wrote:On the Fan590 today Paul Jones said someone sent him a rumour of a 3 team trade that would involve Houston, Philly, and Toronto.

He didnt make it seem like a super legit rumour, but im curious what players you guys think would be going where with those teams involved.

Timestamp: Dec 21, 9:56 on the Smith & Jones show on Spotify.

That was me. Nothing to see here folks. :wink:
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,587

Post#83 » by Son Goku 25 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:08 pm

Rockets

Indy

Would love to get Turner and Harden.. two needs on the team and you fill out rest of team via waivers or trade
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,220

Post#84 » by sidsid » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:44 pm

BramptonYute wrote:On the Fan590 today Paul Jones said someone sent him a rumour of a 3 team trade that would involve Houston, Philly, and Toronto.

He didnt make it seem like a super legit rumour, but im curious what players you guys think would be going where with those teams involved.

My own thoughts on this are melding two old rumours together (and one of my preferred Lowry trades). Lowry has been connected to Philly for a long time. And if Morey is pulling the trigger on a Harden trade he could likely want to go all in and add Lowry too in a big win now two year window.

It also fixes the player contract problem Philly has now with the gap between Harden and Simmons in a trade. They only need to send Scott instead of 3 or more contracts.

https://tradenba.com/trades/UoDMna3K9

This way we bridge the gap by sending McCaw to the Rockets while taking in Harris and something like 2 unprotected picks and a pick swap.

Philly
Harden
Lowry

Toronto
Harris and picks

Houston
Simmons
McCaw
Scott

Might be a reach that this is what's being discussed, but it lines up well for Philly.
2muchTLC
Sophomore
And1: 132

Post#85 » by 2muchTLC » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:20 am

StopitLeo wrote:
Asif16 wrote:

Rockets

Indy

Honestly I dont mind it. I think it's a slight overpay from us though. Either remove a 1st or Terence Davis

Does Indy really want Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker? I feel like you could find a different 3rd team and do it without Harden and Siakam.

I think in the summer it was rumored they wanted a 1st for either turner / dipo. In this case they are getting a 1st, 2nds and a prospect in TD + decent role players
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,969

Post#86 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:20 pm

I like the way this Indiana guy thinks. Talk about a win-win-win, although Pacers don't win as much as the other teams. I thought Victor looked ok in pre-season.

Anyway, I'm starting to wonder about Tobias Harris. Yes he has the worst contract in the league, but the contrarian in my wonders how he would be if he was the first option. In exchange for Lowry and SJ or McCaw, how much draft capital would Mgive up to unload his contract?
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#87 » by Zeno » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:24 pm

Knowing what we know about Nurse's love for combo guards with good size with quality passing skills, steal rates and defense are we looking at throw a big offer at Lonzo Ball? He'd be an excellent pairing with Fred, Malachi, OG and Pascal. 538 projects him as a future all-star...forgetting about Dad, I think he is our free agent max target. Plus I don't think New Orleans would match a big offer. Assuming his 3 point shooting holds up, I think this is the move.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Zeno
RealGM

Post#88 » by Zeno » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:28 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:I like the way this Indiana guy thinks. Talk about a win-win-win, although Pacers don't win as much as the other teams. I thought Victor looked ok in pre-season.

Anyway, I'm starting to wonder about Tobias Harris. Yes he has the worst contract in the league, but the contrarian in my wonders how he would be if he was the first option. In exchange for Lowry and SJ or McCaw, how much draft capital would Mgive up to unload his contract?
Need at least two protected firsts thrown on top for sure. but he isn't a 1st option that's for sure.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
sidsid
Assistant Coach

Post#89 » by sidsid » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:33 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:Anyway, I'm starting to wonder about Tobias Harris. Yes he has the worst contract in the league, but the contrarian in my wonders how he would be if he was the first option. In exchange for Lowry and SJ or McCaw, how much draft capital would Mgive up to unload his contract?

This thought exercise to me works better if Morey also trades for Harden. Then all the incentives line up.

Morey could likely find a home for Harris and get some shorter deals, but they'd likely be junk contracts. If he wants to actually dramatically improve his team with an all star, here's the upside in a Lowry trade:

- can renegotiate a smaller Lowry contract the next year, giving him room under the tax and avoiding the team building restrictions of a tax team. Great flexibility.
- obvi Owners would love this.
- can lineup the Lowry contract to expire with Harden, in case Harden bolts after 2 years. Giving them potentially 2 max slots to reload.
- losing less depth in the actual trade for Harden with the mock 3way trade I made.

To me that's worth gambling on losing lottery picks. Morey gets to work with salary/cap flexibility instead of picks, and gets a bonus of an instant contender for the next two years, possibly more.
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#90 » by Raptors_128 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:45 pm

Toronto gets: Murray + Harris (salary dump)+ 2021 Nuggets 1st
Houston gets: Siakam + MPJ + Powell
Denver gets: Harden + Tucker

Or

Toronto gets: Murray + MPJ + Harris (salary dump)
Houston gets: Siakam + TD + Green + 2021 Raps 1st + 2022 Nuggets 1st + 2023 Raptors 1st + 2022 Sixers 1st
Denver gets: Harden + Tucker
Philly gets: Powell

4th team can be any team with a bad contract and willing to swap the bad contract + first for Norm.
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#91 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:51 pm

Zeno wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:I like the way this Indiana guy thinks. Talk about a win-win-win, although Pacers don't win as much as the other teams. I thought Victor looked ok in pre-season.

Need at least two protected firsts thrown on top for sure. but he isn't a 1st option that's for sure.

Harris was a pretty good player for the Clippers, although they kept winning on into the playoffs even after trading him to Sixers and supposedly tanking. But Raptors aren't going to help a division rival out of cap hell for two lousy (late 20s) protected picks. F that!
sidsid
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by sidsid » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:52 pm

Zeno wrote:

Usually the issue is overrating our assets, but this is drastically underating Lowry.

If we had cap space right now and called up Morey to take on the Harris contract, we could get at least 1 protected pick back, if not two. And Morey could probably get one of those back by taking on a smaller bad contract from another team.

We are sending him a high level all star who singlehandedly gets his teams to 50 plus wins and a couple possessions away from the ECF. I'm not giving that away. We could get 2 mediocre draft picks with next year's cap space alone.
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#93 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:03 pm

sidsid wrote:
Zeno wrote:

Usually the issue is overrating our assets, but this is drastically underating Lowry.

If we had cap space right now and called up Morey to take on the Harris contract, we could get at least 1 protected pick back, if not two. And Morey could probably get one of those back by taking on a smaller bad contract from another team.

We are sending him a high level all star who singlehandedly gets his teams to 50 plus wins and a couple possessions away from the ECF. I'm not giving that away. We could get 2 mediocre draft picks with next year's cap space alone.

Totally agree. I was only proposing it as a way of perhaps getting FRPs and pick swaps from the Sixers for the next six years. At least! And Harris would at least be serviceable. He's not terrible - on either end. He's just nowhere near a max player.
Zeno
RealGM

Post#94 » by Zeno » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:08 pm

sidsid wrote:
Zeno wrote:

Just the record, I’m doing this either. Question was posed. Philly’s picks are going to suck regardless of protections. It doesn’t make sense for Philly to go 6 years to dump salary even with the greatness of Lowry.

Please advise….

Dan G.
sidsid
Assistant Coach

Post#95 » by sidsid » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:15 pm

Zeno wrote:
sidsid wrote:
Zeno wrote:Need at least two protected firsts thrown on top for sure. but he isn't a 1st option that's for sure.

Just the record, I’m doing this either. Question was posed. Philly’s picks are going to suck regardless of protections. It doesn’t make sense for Philly to go 6 years to dump salary even with the greatness of Lowry.

Yeah, my first reply to this scenario had a caveat that Morey was also moving Simmons for Harden. Then getting Lowry makes a whole lot more sense given their ages and contracts.

On our end, we'd be gambling on Embiid's health failing him around the 2023 draft year and Harden/Lowry moving on. That's where I'd start the pick swaps and no protection picks.
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#96 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:28 pm

Zeno wrote:
sidsid wrote:
Zeno wrote:Need at least two protected firsts thrown on top for sure. but he isn't a 1st option that's for sure.

Yeah, it was just a thought experiment. But we'd basically be giving Sixers a ticket to the Finals, and curing their cap woes going forward. That wouldn't come cheap. If Morey could find a way to procure a high draft pick to pass along to us (along with the one or two picks and swaps starting in 2023, I'd do it.

But I wouldn't touch Wiggins or his contract for ANYTHING. Not the 2021 Minnesota pick. Nothing. I have standards.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#97 » by Rapsfan07 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:57 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260915/Lauri-Markkanen-Bulls-Unlikely-To-Reach-Deal-On-Extension

Thoughts on a trade for Markkanen.

I would throw him an offersheet in the off-season. It would have to be an overpay for the Bulls not to match but, it’s worth a shot.

I like Lauri but Siakam is better and if we're adding to our frontcourt, it should be a guy who can shoot the 3 and defend the rim like Turner.

I wouldn't risk an expensive offer sheet on him as of right now.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#98 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:02 pm

sidsid wrote:

My own thoughts on this are melding two old rumours together (and one of my preferred Lowry trades). Lowry has been connected to Philly for a long time. And if Morey is pulling the trigger on a Harden trade he could likely want to go all in and add Lowry too in a big win now two year window.

It also fixes the player contract problem Philly has now with the gap between Harden and Simmons in a trade. They only need to send Scott instead of 3 or more contracts.

https://tradenba.com/trades/UoDMna3K9

This way we bridge the gap by sending McCaw to the Rockets while taking in Harris and something like 2 unprotected picks and a pick swap.

Philly
Harden
Lowry

Toronto
Harris and picks

Houston
Simmons
McCaw
Scott

Might be a reach that this is what's being discussed, but it lines up well for Philly.

Yes out would be KL and McCaw and in for Raps would likely be something like Harris, Isaiah Joe, first and a second. That kills the cap space.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#99 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:11 pm

But sets up a trade for someone like Turner.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,546

Post#100 » by Psubs » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:32 pm

3rd team Indiana for Myles Turner.

Philadelphia trades: Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle and 1st pick
Philadelphia gets: Kyle Lowry and Jeremy Lamb

Indiana trades: Myles Turner and Jeremy Lamb
Indiana gets: Tobias Harris, Matisse Thybulle, Terence Davis, 1st pick (Phi) and cash

Toronto trades: Kyle Lowry and Terence Davis and cash
Toronto gets: Myles Turner and Doug McDermott

Return to Toronto Raptors