ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#1361 » by fbalmeida » Thu Oct 7, 2021 9:26 am

I'd love to chime in on the conversation, but am I the only one here for who this thread's formatting has been completely distorted for some reason?
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant

Post#1362 » by fbalmeida » Thu Oct 7, 2021 9:27 am

Ah... all better now.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#1363 » by ash_k » Thu Oct 7, 2021 9:37 am

Moses (Malone ;)@will ) Brown started last night with Hardaway Jr, Porzingis,Doncic and Green. I know a couple of posters that are now better Realgmers.
Anyway, let's do that Dragic for Brunson, Moses(+Powell) ASAP
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,451

Post#1364 » by mtcan » Thu Oct 7, 2021 9:39 am

PrinceAli wrote:Did anyone actually watch the Magic game? Did Suggs do as poorly as the box score seems to show?

I recall he was a high level intangibles guy so I’m assuming he still did some good things out there that don’t show in the stat sheet

The shot blocking is definitely there. I saw him challenge Jayson Tatum at the basket and had a pretty good block.

The offence looks pretty rough right now. I knew shooting wasn't a strength but I didn't expect it to be this bad so far. And for some reason he isn't having much success driving to the basket. Did a disproportionate amount of his scoring come off layups in transition?

I'm expecting Scottie to have many of these kinds of nights this season...so perhaps I shouldn't throw stones...
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#1365 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Oct 7, 2021 6:32 pm

mtcan wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:Did anyone actually watch the Magic game? Did Suggs do as poorly as the box score seems to show?

I recall he was a high level intangibles guy so I’m assuming he still did some good things out there that don’t show in the stat sheet

The shot blocking is definitely there. I saw him challenge Jayson Tatum at the basket and had a pretty good block.

The offence looks pretty rough right now. I knew shooting wasn't a strength but I didn't expect it to be this bad so far. And for some reason he isn't having much success driving to the basket. Did a disproportionate amount of his scoring come off layups in transition?

I'm expecting Scottie to have many of these kinds of nights this season...so perhaps I shouldn't throw stones...

does he even have an elite first step? and I believe he also poor finishing at the rim? finishing at the rim can be worked on but he's not an over the top athlete. he's not a great shooter either.

I think most are banking on his BBIQ and floor general mentality, and willing scorer.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1366 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Oct 7, 2021 6:33 pm

fbalmeida wrote:I'd love to chime in on the conversation, but am I the only one here for who this thread's formatting has been completely distorted for some reason?

ya I don't know why it was all messed up.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#1367 » by Madhouse » Thu Oct 7, 2021 7:29 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
mtcan wrote:

does he even have an elite first step? and I believe he also poor finishing at the rim? finishing at the rim can be worked on but he's not an over the top athlete. he's not a great shooter either.

I think most are banking on his BBIQ and floor general mentality, and willing scorer.

I think you need to bank on him being crafty and know how to pick his spots and improve his shot. He isn't going to overwhelm opponents in any way physically
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#1368 » by bboyskinnylegs » Fri Oct 8, 2021 10:12 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
fbalmeida wrote:I'd love to chime in on the conversation, but am I the only one here for who this thread's formatting has been completely distorted for some reason?

ya I don't know why it was all messed up.

it still is if you go back a page.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant

Post#1369 » by fbalmeida » Fri Oct 8, 2021 1:11 pm

Something lurking on that page that messed up the forum's stylesheets.
Spates
Sixth Man
And1: 1,286

Post#1370 » by Spates » Fri Oct 8, 2021 1:46 pm

So Jordan Poole might be really good.

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1371 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Oct 8, 2021 3:21 pm

Spates wrote:So Jordan Poole might be really good.

ya .
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#1372 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:51 am

ash_k wrote:Moses (Malone ;)@will ) Brown started last night with Hardaway Jr, Porzingis,Doncic and Green. I know a couple of posters that are now better Realgmers.
Anyway, let's do that Dragic for Brunson, Moses(+Powell) ASAP

Do not see this happening as Raptors won't want to take on those multiple contracts to bounce developing players. If anything they will want to acquire a buyer's remorse contract as one vs. one or send out two for one like Dragic-Boucher at the deadline. If they are firmly in the playoffs they might not move anyone. Key injuries to Siakam and Boucher means playoff spot further in doubt. Would like Brunson though.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#1373 » by MixxSRC » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:05 pm

When was b-ball breakdown ever right?
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1374 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:05 pm

MixxSRC wrote:

When was b-ball breakdown ever right?

;t=599s&ab_channel=BBALLBREAKDOWN

doubling down. one day. ... one day. lmao.
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,062

Post#1375 » by HumbleRen » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,829

Post#1376 » by Los_29 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:11 pm

HumbleRen wrote:
Read on Twitter

They got the top two right but just the wrong order. As good as Miami is, they are primarily in the situation they are in because they signed Jimmy Butler. They have drafted well, developed players and have a strong organizational culture but it can't compare to what the Raptors have accomplished by developing a championship caliber team through timely trades and late draft picks. Miami's best player and 3rd best player were acquired through free agency.

And it's absolutely hilarious seeing OKC up there. I think most people would say they've been arguably one of the worst run franchises over the past few years. Literally anyone here on RealGM could've done what Sam Presti has done the past two years.
sycammer
Head Coach
And1: 1,304

Post#1377 » by sycammer » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:43 am

Los_29 wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
Read on Twitter

They got the top two right but just the wrong order. As good as Miami is, they are primarily in the situation they are in because they signed Jimmy Butler. They have drafted well, developed players and have a strong organizational culture but it can't compare to what the Raptors have accomplished by developing a championship caliber team through timely trades and late draft picks. Miami's best player and 3rd best player were acquired through free agency.

And it's absolutely hilarious seeing OKC up there. I think most people would say they've been arguably one of the worst run franchises over the past few years. Literally anyone here on RealGM could've done what Sam Presti has done the past two years.

the franchise had 4 all-stars at one time (1 superstar in KD) & didn't win a championship & now, the reality is settling in as to how difficult it will be to get star players to play at OKC...
Oakley:

"What's going on the league today? It ain't nothing hard, they don't practice any more, they just go around the court doing nothing."
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#1378 » by FreshyFlames » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:13 pm

sycammer wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
Read on Twitter

the franchise had 4 all-stars at one time (1 superstar in KD) & didn't win a championship & now, the reality is settling in as to how difficult it will be to get star players to play at OKC...

Ibaka was never an all star
Raps in 6ix
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,710

Post#1379 » by Kurtz » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:24 pm

sycammer wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not 4 All-stars - 3 MVPs all in early prime.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#1380 » by Dalek » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:40 pm

I don't want to detract from Scottie's great start but Davion Mitchell looks pretty great so far with 49% from three:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I would put him as a guy who could end up ROY if not for the fact that Sacramento has Hali and Fox ahead of him. Maybe with his defense he plays ahead of one or both or they do the weird three guard alignment.

My hope is that Philly flips Simmons to Sacramento for one or both and they pair Mitchell and Simmons. That would be a crazy good defensive backcourt.

Return to Toronto Raptors