ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0

Moderators: Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic, niQ

VC15Era
Rookie
Posts: 1,015
And1: 729
Joined: Jun 19, 2013
         

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#801 » by VC15Era » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:12 am

Guess we are losing out on VIc as well..no way Rockets let him walk away.. all of potential suitors axed... now we only look forward to is Andre Drummond... yikes..
metafisical
Analyst
Posts: 3,703
And1: 4,687
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
     

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#802 » by metafisical » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:17 am

VC15Era wrote:Guess we are losing out on VIc as well..no way Rockets let him walk away.. all of potential suitors axed... now we only look forward to is Andre Drummond... yikes..


We most definitely will not get Oladipo now. No Giannis, no Oladipo, no ... who is next? At the rate things are going, will Lowry even come back? Not that we had a chance of getting Giannis or Oladipo as FAs anyway. What could we offer them that other teams couldn't?
VC15Era
Rookie
Posts: 1,015
And1: 729
Joined: Jun 19, 2013
         

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#803 » by VC15Era » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:22 pm

metafisical wrote:
VC15Era wrote:Guess we are losing out on VIc as well..no way Rockets let him walk away.. all of potential suitors axed... now we only look forward to is Andre Drummond... yikes..


We most definitely will not get Oladipo now. No Giannis, no Oladipo, no ... who is next? At the rate things are going, will Lowry even come back? Not that we had a chance of getting Giannis or Oladipo as FAs anyway. What could we offer them that other teams couldn't?


I think we just try to find Lowry and Powell suitors and extract as much as we can of young talent and first round picks as we can at this point.
User avatar
fbalmeida
Analyst
Posts: 3,722
And1: 4,757
Joined: Jul 03, 2019
Location: Braga, Portugal
         

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#804 » by fbalmeida » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:29 pm

Oladipo is a FA next off-season.
Beal can opt out in 2022, or request a trade as soon as next week.
Collins will also be available as a RFA.
I can also imagine LaVine, Fox, and Grant becoming available via trade.

I wouldn't bet against our front office adding one or two really good pieces to our trio of Fred, OG, and Pascal going forward.
Image
User avatar
Syd-TK3
RealGM
Posts: 10,222
And1: 10,255
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#805 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:15 pm

fbalmeida wrote:Oladipo is a FA next off-season.
Beal can opt out in 2022, or request a trade as soon as next week.
Collins will also be available as a RFA.
I can also imagine LaVine, Fox, and Grant becoming available via trade.

I wouldn't bet against our front office adding one or two really good pieces to our trio of Fred, OG, and Pascal going forward.

This is why it's important to stack up on future picks by moving Kyle norm and whoever just in case some star request a trade
Image
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
Posts: 31,892
And1: 16,701
Joined: Jul 11, 2009

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#806 » by bboyskinnylegs » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:57 am

Harden with a 32-pt triple double and the Nets assist record in his debut, KD with 42
User avatar
WaltFrazier
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,580
And1: 2,746
Joined: Jan 21, 2006
Location: Ontario
       

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#807 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:37 pm

They replayed the Mavs-Bucks game from Friday, before our game last night. I heard JVG talking about the guys missing on the Mavs then went on to list all the other covid cases, teams playing short-handed etc. He said something like, I know business is important, but how long can this go on, with competition being so affected etc. No one else is saying that publicly tmk. The NBA can't be too happy hearing him talk like that.
User avatar
PrinceAli
Veteran
Posts: 2,501
And1: 4,053
Joined: Mar 11, 2018
       

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#808 » by PrinceAli » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:26 pm

Whoa Knicks just blew out the Celtics in Boston lol. Nice game from RJ with 19 and 11
Image
SnotoriousBIG
Rookie
Posts: 1,145
And1: 798
Joined: May 09, 2010
       

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#809 » by SnotoriousBIG » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:26 pm

Boston getting mollywhopped by the Knicks at home 30.
Image
Zeno
RealGM
Posts: 11,729
And1: 9,896
Joined: Jun 06, 2001
   

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#810 » by Zeno » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:35 pm

No Tatum and Kenna coming back rusty is a predictable L though not necessarily by that much. Covid might end up flattening the standing a lot more.

As an aside, are the Mavs this bad on defense? They are letting the Bulls get to the basket with regularity.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
User avatar
PrinceAli
Veteran
Posts: 2,501
And1: 4,053
Joined: Mar 11, 2018
       

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#811 » by PrinceAli » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:36 pm

Need the Bulls to beat the Mavs to break our tie with us and help TWO. Also a loss for the Mavs would motivate them more for tomorrow’s game
Image
User avatar
Inevitable
RealGM
Posts: 42,882
And1: 130,275
Joined: Apr 22, 2006
Contact:
   

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#812 » by Inevitable » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:37 pm

Hopefully since it’s an early game Porzingis can play the B2B
User avatar
Syd-TK3
RealGM
Posts: 10,222
And1: 10,255
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#813 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:39 pm

We're getting extremely lucky playing these hobbled teams on b2b
Image
Zeno
RealGM
Posts: 11,729
And1: 9,896
Joined: Jun 06, 2001
   

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#814 » by Zeno » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:53 pm

Inevitable wrote:Hopefully since it’s an early game Porzingis can play the B2B

I’m not 100% sure him not playing would help Raps chances of winning. He’s like the Kemba Walker of big men. If he plays, there will be a better opportunity to attack on offence. Raps defence has been sub-par regardless. I could see them just as easily winning or losing regardless of if he plays or not. It will just look worse, if they lose with him out. Kind of like the loss against Boston.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
User avatar
PrinceAli
Veteran
Posts: 2,501
And1: 4,053
Joined: Mar 11, 2018
       

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#815 » by PrinceAli » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:05 pm

Richardson, Finney-Smith, and THJ are all out for COVID since 6 days ago. I’m guessing they’ll all be out tmrw too unfortunately
Image
User avatar
pingpongrac
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,990
And1: 7,048
Joined: Mar 18, 2015
   

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#816 » by pingpongrac » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:07 pm

PrinceAli wrote:Richardson, Finney-Smith, and THJ are all out for COVID since 6 days ago. I’m guessing they’ll all be out tmrw too unfortunately
Brunson, Finney-Smith and Richardson will have been out 10 days as of tomorrow while Powell and Kleber will have been out 8 days. THJ is dealing with a minor injury. I expect him to play tomorrow, and possibly the first 3.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
Image
User avatar
PrinceAli
Veteran
Posts: 2,501
And1: 4,053
Joined: Mar 11, 2018
       

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#817 » by PrinceAli » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:54 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:Richardson, Finney-Smith, and THJ are all out for COVID since 6 days ago. I’m guessing they’ll all be out tmrw too unfortunately
Brunson, Finney-Smith and Richardson will have been out 10 days as of tomorrow while Powell and Kleber will have been out 8 days. THJ is dealing with a minor injury. I expect him to play tomorrow, and possibly the first 3.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app

Oh well in that case I hope they play. They’ll be well rested too considering the Mavs are coming off a back to back
Image
Kingsway_fan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,761
And1: 3,614
Joined: May 25, 2016
 

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#818 » by Kingsway_fan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:18 pm

Pacers look like they are in tank mode without oladipo
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
Posts: 31,892
And1: 16,701
Joined: Jul 11, 2009

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#819 » by bboyskinnylegs » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:02 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:They replayed the Mavs-Bucks game from Friday, before our game last night. I heard JVG talking about the guys missing on the Mavs then went on to list all the other covid cases, teams playing short-handed etc. He said something like, I know business is important, but how long can this go on, with competition being so affected etc. No one else is saying that publicly tmk. The NBA can't be too happy hearing him talk like that.

the playoffs are going to be meaningless if teams are affected like this. I think a playoff bubble will have to happen.
User avatar
Psubs
General Manager
Posts: 9,851
And1: 6,578
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: Official NBA General Discussion 2020-21 V1.0 

Post#820 » by Psubs » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:16 pm

bboyskinnylegs wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:They replayed the Mavs-Bucks game from Friday, before our game last night. I heard JVG talking about the guys missing on the Mavs then went on to list all the other covid cases, teams playing short-handed etc. He said something like, I know business is important, but how long can this go on, with competition being so affected etc. No one else is saying that publicly tmk. The NBA can't be too happy hearing him talk like that.

the playoffs are going to be meaningless if teams are affected like this. I think a playoff bubble will have to happen.


100% Playoff bubble!
Image
Image

Return to Toronto Raptors