ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Cunningham vs Suggs Thread #Tank4Either

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,282

Re: The Official Cunningham vs Suggs Thread #Tank4Either 

Post#521 » by PhilBlackson » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:28 pm

Psubs wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:Been telling ya'll that Johnson (check receipts and Williams, maybe even Barnes) would still be excellent hauls for a tank and its top 7-8, not just 5 and tbh I like those 2 right now more than Mobley (aka bigger Bosh).

Which all the more reason why this 9th place or die trying race is annoying. Trade Kyle asap!

They are starting to play teams under .500.

Whether you like it or not, the Raptors are not bad, so you can lean towards being terrible. They are mediocre, that can lean towards being good if they sort out the C position. I still see them around 5 or 6 seed in the East like before the season starts.

Just have them scout players in the 16-20 range. Like in this past draft, find the Tyrese Maxey, Saddiq Bey, Precious Achiuwa.

I wouldn't mind trading down and nabbing 2 players!

1 and done gambles: Josh Christopher, Kai Jones, BJ Boston (could be high risk like Pokusevski)

Upper Classmen: Jay Huff (Senior), Ron Harper Jr (Junior), Franz Wagner (Sophomore)

I think he'll be able to shoot a higher % from 3 as he shoots FT's at 85.7% on 4.2 attempts per game. He's put up 10+ points in EVERY game and in the games that he's not shot well he's been able to get at least 4 FT attempts.

http://www.tankathon.com/players/josh-christopher

With his strength finishing with contact and good handles, who's to say he's not James Harden 2.0 who played 2 years at ASU.

Yeah in our most likely landing spot of 7-9th place finish Christopher and Bouknight (who fits our mgmts multi year prospect profile lol) are the 2 most intriguing to me. I would say Barnes too but I think some team will snatch him up sometime just outside the top 8 or so.

To put it another way, Christopher is player I hope we pick at this point but Bouknight is the one I'd most expect us to draft. We just have to hope with the range we're in that we start connecting on slightly higher ceiling picks like MIA did with Bam and Herro. But even them I feel like they don't have a true superstar but more so all-stars (which obviously won't complain about).

I just wish we would tank a bit more to have a shot at a notch up like Cade, Kuminga or Green (who imo have the potentials to be either very highlevel all stars to possibly superstar)...I would never hope for any of our guys to seriously get hurt but won't lie this is definitely a season I wouldn't mind a couple weeks of Lowry being out with elbow issues lol or few guys in the starting lineup get some asymptomatic covid at different stretches of the season....nothing bad but just help the cause. Don't remind me of being a horrible person, I have no shame, I just want minor setbacks with no real issues. Just this team could really take one step back to take two forward is all I'm getting at.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#522 » by Psubs » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:29 pm

Psubs
RealGM

Post#523 » by Psubs » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:34 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:Yeah in our most likely landing spot of 7-9th place finish Christopher and Bouknight (who fits our mgmts multi year prospect profile lol) are the 2 most intriguing to me. I would say Barnes too but I think some team will snatch him up sometime just outside the top 8 or so.

To put it another way, Christopher is player I hope we pick at this point but Bouknight is the one I'd most expect us to draft. We just have to hope with the range we're in that we start connecting on slightly higher ceiling picks like MIA did with Bam and Herro.

But I just wish we would tank a bit more to have a shot at a notch up like Cade, Kuminga or Green...I would never hope for any of our guys to seriously get hurt but won't lie this is definitely a season I wouldn't mind a couple weeks of Lowry being out with elbow issues lol or few guys in the starting lineup get some asymptomatic covid at different stretches of the season....nothing bad but just help the cause. Don't remind me of being a horrible person, I have no shame, I just want minor setbacks with no real issues. Just this team could really take one step back to take two forward is all I'm getting at.

Over the last 2 seasons with the depth, whenever someone is out injured the team seems to play as well or even better! 17-5 when Kawhi sits. Beating the Lakers with Lowry and Ibaka out, etc.

If Lowry or FVV were out, Flynn would be able to stretch his wings and not walk on eggshells (he sees what happened to Matt Thomas).
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#524 » by 720 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:46 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
Psubs wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:Been telling ya'll that Johnson (check receipts and Williams, maybe even Barnes) would still be excellent hauls for a tank and its top 7-8, not just 5 and tbh I like those 2 right now more than Mobley (aka bigger Bosh).

Which all the more reason why this 9th place or die trying race is annoying. Trade Kyle asap!

Whether you like it or not, the Raptors are not bad, so you can lean towards being terrible. They are mediocre, that can lean towards being good if they sort out the C position. I still see them around 5 or 6 seed in the East like before the season starts.

Just have them scout players in the 16-20 range. Like in this past draft, find the Tyrese Maxey, Saddiq Bey, Precious Achiuwa.

1 and done gambles: Josh Christopher, Kai Jones, BJ Boston (could be high risk like Pokusevski)

Upper Classmen: Jay Huff (Senior), Ron Harper Jr (Junior), Franz Wagner (Sophomore)

I think he'll be able to shoot a higher % from 3 as he shoots FT's at 85.7% on 4.2 attempts per game. He's put up 10+ points in EVERY game and in the games that he's not shot well he's been able to get at least 4 FT attempts.

With his strength finishing with contact and good handles, who's to say he's not James Harden 2.0 who played 2 years at ASU.

Yeah in our most likely landing spot of 7-9th place finish Christopher and Bouknight (who fits our mgmts multi year prospect profile lol) are the 2 most intriguing to me. I would say Barnes too but I think some team will snatch him up sometime just outside the top 8 or so.

To put it another way, Christopher is player I hope we pick at this point but Bouknight is the one I'd most expect us to draft. We just have to hope with the range we're in that we start connecting on slightly higher ceiling picks like MIA did with Bam and Herro. But even them I feel like they don't have a true superstar but more so all-stars (which obviously won't complain about).

I just wish we would tank a bit more to have a shot at a notch up like Cade, Kuminga or Green (who imo have the potentials to be either very highlevel all stars to possibly superstar)...I would never hope for any of our guys to seriously get hurt but won't lie this is definitely a season I wouldn't mind a couple weeks of Lowry being out with elbow issues lol or few guys in the starting lineup get some asymptomatic covid at different stretches of the season....nothing bad but just help the cause. Don't remind me of being a horrible person, I have no shame, I just want minor setbacks with no real issues. Just this team could really take one step back to take two forward is all I'm getting at.

Josh Christopher already said he wants to go to a warm weather city in the nba. But this was earlier last year when he had a lot more hype than he has now. Maybe he’s more humble.
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#525 » by T-d0t » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:28 pm

No thanks to Christopher. He's one of those players that thinks he's better than he actually is. He has a Nick Young type of game
Psubs
RealGM

Post#526 » by Psubs » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:31 pm

720 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
Psubs wrote:

Josh Christopher already said he wants to go to a warm weather city in the nba. But this was earlier last year when he had a lot more hype than he has now. Maybe he’s more humble.

I guess he'd like to go to Phoenix or Miami, Houston (via Portland) or New Orleans (Lakers) (teams with a mid to late 1st pick), San Antonio. Houston could use him at SF and New Orleans could use him at SG.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#527 » by Psubs » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:35 pm

T-d0t wrote:No thanks to Christopher. He's one of those players that thinks he's better than he actually is. He has a Nick Young type of game

He is cocky but scoring 10+ points in every game as a freshman is pretty consistent.

I see him as a bigger Dort. I would say he'd eventually be a starting SG over Powell, Thomas, TD and Harris.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,733

Post#528 » by BoyzNTheHood » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:58 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:
Who are your top 6? I'm assuming you're going with Cunningham, Suggs, Kuminga, Mobley, Johnson and Green?

yup! tbh I'd take all those guys over anyone in last years draft

Personally, I'd say it's 9 deep and would add Scottie Barnes, Daishen Nix & Jaden Springer to that mix. But I'd say that there's value at least 20 deep as long as guys get drafted to teams who can develop them.

I forgot about Greg Brown, so I guess it's 10 deep for me.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#529 » by 720 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:28 am

Saturday 1pm OSU plays after an almost 2 week break from their last game. Excited.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,846

Post#530 » by JShuttlesworth » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:18 am

Give me Jalen Johnson or James Bouknight and I'll be content with our tank.
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#531 » by T-d0t » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:44 am

Ya I overlooked Jalen Johnson, he's playing well since he returned.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#532 » by Psubs » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:44 am

JShuttlesworth wrote:Give me Jalen Johnson or James Bouknight and I'll be content with our tank.

Bouknight seems like a black hole.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,627

Post#533 » by Bruin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:43 am

T-d0t wrote:Ya I overlooked Jalen Johnson, he's playing well since he returned.

Damn I just saw his stat line from yesterday

24pts-15rebs-7ast-4blocks-2steals in 33 minutes is an insane stat line in the college game

Gonna have to watch some of him for sure
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,733

Post#534 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:12 am

He's gaining the slightest bit of momentum over the past 2 games, let's hope he can keep it up. The deeper this draft gets the better it is for us. Plus, if he were to push someone else down further that's a positive for us.

deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#535 » by Psubs » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:21 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:He's gaining the slightest bit of momentum over the past 2 games, let's hope he can keep it up. The deeper this draft gets the better it is for us. Plus, if he were to push someone else down further that's a positive for us.

Agreed, don't want to spend the pick on Kelly Oubre 2.0.

I wouldn't mind a Dirk at #9 or Paul Pierce drafted at #10. :D
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,216

Post#536 » by Dalek » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I am probably settled into Ziaire in my top five. Of course, he could always drop because his numbers are pretty pedestrian, but I like what I see from him as far as fitting into the NBA. Watching how Jaden McDaniels can effect a game with with his length despite being skinny, I am pretty high on this guy being a two-way threat. This guy is a really a freak two-guard.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#537 » by Dalek » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:27 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
T-d0t wrote:Ya I overlooked Jalen Johnson, he's playing well since he returned.

Damn I just saw his stat line from yesterday

24pts-15rebs-7ast-4blocks-2steals in 33 minutes is an insane stat line in the college game

Gonna have to watch some of him for sure

I have to watch more of how this guy moves on defense, but if is anything like Precious Achiuwa being that four-five defender who can switch, he has huge value in the NBA and would be an ideal fit in Toronto. I have heard mixed things about his defense. You don't want an Obi Toppin type coming in that is all cool dunks and no lateral quicks.
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#538 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:11 pm

Dalek wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I am probably settled into Ziaire in my top five. Of course, he could always drop because his numbers are pretty pedestrian, but I like what I see from him as far as fitting into the NBA. Watching how Jaden McDaniels can effect a game with with his length despite being skinny, I am pretty high on this guy being a two-way threat. This guy is a really a freak two-guard.

Ziare not playing today sadly
Dalek
RealGM

Post#539 » by Dalek » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:50 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
Dalek wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Ziare not playing today sadly

That sucks. Hopefully he is not hurt or sick. I will say he has been slowly improving this season. Some of his highlights have a 'wow' factor. Just a really light mover on his feet. Shades of Paul George.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#540 » by Raptaz » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:57 pm

Was it Suggs who hit a game winning 3 to win by 2 recently? Ice cold

Return to Toronto Raptors