ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Pascal Blazes Portland Like a Backwoods... Raptors Still Lose

Moderators: Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic, niQ

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 7,096

Re: PG: Pascal Blazes Portland Like a Backwoods... Raptors Still Lose 

Post#381 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:12 am

ItsDanger wrote:How much of the 2nd half slumps we see are due to the Nick Thibodeau coaching style? I suggest a lot.

Tight rotations show a lack of confidence in your players and burn out your starters. The good news is we are not pounding the ball like when Casey was running things. It also stunts development. No way I let Bembry rot on the bench and ditto Watson. There is a reason Thibs shows up everywhere in that he knows how to play short term winning basketball. I love what Stan Van is doing in NO. How can anyone dislike that team? We've lost three starting bodies from the championship. It is time to make lemonade and Nurse has no sugar. Guess who doesn't want to play 38 plus minutes on a transitional team project? Kyle Lowry.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 7,096

Post#382 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:20 am

johanliebert wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
johanliebert wrote:He can say that again but this coaching staff will force the issue.

Is he really tweeting about Pascal? Why?

It's so true though. Pascal is so frustrating because he doesn't just make one decisive more and go to the rim. All his herky-jerky indecisive spins, start to go, stop and starts drive me crazy.

why? some things are self-explanatory and i guess he was watching the game it was the last of the double headers. He really tried to backdown covington who's stronger and just as long as him.

IT understands the IT factor. Who can actually ISO from a stop position and put fear in the other team? Most likely candidate to have that swag and ability is TDII. But... that doesn't fit the pecking order of defence first and showboat later. Surprised nobody is raising the flag of how we currently have a power outage at the starting 3 spot. But then Nurse looks over at Norm and is underwhelmed. If Gasol can score 6 points as a starter then OG gets a pass too is the logic.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 14,063

Post#383 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:34 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
johanliebert wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Is he really tweeting about Pascal? Why?

It's so true though. Pascal is so frustrating because he doesn't just make one decisive more and go to the rim. All his herky-jerky indecisive spins, start to go, stop and starts drive me crazy.

why? some things are self-explanatory and i guess he was watching the game it was the last of the double headers. He really tried to backdown covington who's stronger and just as long as him.

IT understands the IT factor. Who can actually ISO from a stop position and put fear in the other team? Most likely candidate to have that swag and ability is TDII. But... that doesn't fit the pecking order of defence first and showboat later. Surprised nobody is raising the flag of how we currently have a power outage at the starting 3 spot. But then Nurse looks over at Norm and is underwhelmed. If Gasol can score 6 points as a starter then OG gets a pass too is the logic.

OG's scored under 6 points once this year (5). He's scored over 15 4 times already. No power outage there, just not shooting well from distance, but his TS is around his career average. If anything he's just turned it over too much.
WaltFrazier
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,684

Post#384 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:03 am

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
OG's scored under 6 points once this year (5). He's scored over 15 4 times already. No power outage there, just not shooting well from distance, but his TS is around his career average. If anything he's just turned it over too much.

Yeah when he is hitting 3's as lately, he is a really good 3 and D man. Of course you can still wish he'd tighten his handle and make more strong drives and dunks. Now that Pascal is passing better OG should be able to sneak in for some passes.

Return to Toronto Raptors