ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Pascal Blazes Portland Like a Backwoods... Raptors Still Lose

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Vampirate
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,616

Re: PG: Pascal Blazes Portland Like a Backwoods... Raptors Still Lose 

Post#261 » by Vampirate » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:04 am

PrinceAli wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:I’ve lost count of how many double digit leads we’ve blown in just these 10 games. Should Nurse be on the hot seat? Feels like he’s safe cause of the title in 2019 but if we hadn’t won that title, he’d probably be really close to getting fired

Look at what he’s been given to work with man.

The bench features Bembry, Baynes, Len, Yuta, a rookie, Watson, Thomas, TD, and Norm, who’s been bad.

This is not a good roster. Thats evidenced by the change in the rotation every night.

Sure the roster has its problems but this roster is better than a 20% win percentage team. We’re sitting below all the crap teams of the league and a lot of these teams have far worse rosters

When you look at it Siakam looks like the only dependable scorer in the starting lineup the Raptors have atm.

Looking at the stats it looks like the Raptors are constantly playing 4 on 5 with the starting rotation.

OG is inconsistent as he's either completely cold or he scores 18 points on 9 shots like tonight.

Lowry has not had a great last 5 games, FVV has cooled off.

Honestly, it seems that they need another inside prescience to steady the variance that relies on the 3 ball.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#262 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:04 am

Read on Twitter
RapsFan2000
Junior
And1: 233

Post#263 » by RapsFan2000 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:05 am

Bruh... I hate sleeping so angry lol. Some positives but still 2 losses by 1 point and pascal choke job. . Better attempt by him tonight but Lord. I give them 10 more games, if it's still looking this way.. I'm aboard Tank Nation. Charlotte is going to be a tough one on Thursday. Every game is going to be tough, wtf am I saying? :(
canz55
Sixth Man
And1: 2,024

Post#264 » by canz55 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:05 am

Tha Cynic wrote:This is an interesting season. The Raptors are playing well enough to win games but the officiating had been against them in pretty much every game, which had lead to a terrible start. If the officiating changes a bit, the Raptors end up in the regrettable 8th seed.
Opponents are getting more FT on average because they have a varied offense with players who generate contact.

Our team by contrast is simply too small and doesn't have scorers who are creative around the rim.

I'm not a stats guru but I would imagine losing the FG attempt totals and rebounding battle every night isn't going to amount to many wins no matter how close the games are.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
ImageWe the Champs...
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#265 » by Cobra Kawhi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:05 am

I'd like to hear from that Len fan

Brianinphilly where you at.

Explain yourself

Len is the worst center on this team, worse than Baynes.
RapsFan2000
Junior

Post#266 » by RapsFan2000 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:06 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:How the fack did the Raps lose that game.

By playing like sissy panchods in the 4th like usual.
RealGM
And1: 66,425

Post#267 » by 720 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:06 am

RapsFan2000 wrote:Bruh... I hate sleeping so angry lol. Some positives but still 2 losses by 1 point and pascal choke job. . Better attempt by him tonight but Lord. I give them 10 more games, if it's still looking this way.. I'm aboard Tank Nation. Charlotte is going to be a tough one on Thursday. Every game is going to be tough, wtf am I saying? :(

Bro if you ain’t on tank nation after 2-8...
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#268 » by HeadtopChunes » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:07 am

problem is team has 5 good players, only one who can score consistently in the paint.
RapsFan2000
Junior

Post#269 » by RapsFan2000 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:07 am

720 wrote:
RapsFan2000 wrote:Bruh... I hate sleeping so angry lol. Some positives but still 2 losses by 1 point and pascal choke job. . Better attempt by him tonight but Lord. I give them 10 more games, if it's still looking this way.. I'm aboard Tank Nation. Charlotte is going to be a tough one on Thursday. Every game is going to be tough, wtf am I saying? :(

Lol I already stated in prior posts I'm giving them 20 games so I gotta stick to my word but I hear ya. :lol: :x
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#270 » by Cobra Kawhi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:09 am

These losses are draining.

If we don't sweep this charlotte 2 gamer that might be it for me. Officially join TWO, Focus on dissertation defense, and hope for a high draft pick.
RealGM
And1: 66,425

Post#271 » by 720 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:09 am

Cobra Kawhi wrote:These losses are draining.

If we don't sweep this charlotte 2 gamer that might be it for me. Officially join TWO, Focus on dissertation defense, and hope for a high draft pick.

:clap: :nod:
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#272 » by Marty_Budda » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:10 am

720 wrote:

Literally. What’s the plan at this point? Play our way to a 500 record, get knocked out of the first round and get a meh draft pick? May as well call us the Toronto magic.
RapsFan2000
Junior

Post#273 » by RapsFan2000 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:10 am

Siakam the "African Beyblade" lol
Swag
RealGM
And1: 9,523

Post#274 » by Swag » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:10 am

Sign me up with Team Tank

Sent from my SM-T860 using RealGM mobile app
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Post#275 » by Bruin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:14 am

Marty_Budda wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:In what way? Pistons spend their cap space on Grant, plumblee, etc..wizards traded for Russ..we just sign back our free agents and lost all our big men..how could possible be expectations b higher?

Pistons made horrible moves throughout free agency aside from Grant. They signed like 5 Centers in the same day lol

You say they traded for Russ as if that was supposed to make the wizards legit lol. And yet the majority of their wins have come with Russ out so that should tell you all you need to know.

We had the 2nd best record in the league last year and yeah we lost our bigs, but after signing Baynes the media thought we’d be at least alright and wouldn’t drop off too much. Don’t pretend like this team hasn’t been really bad in comparison to expectations with the roster they have. 2 all stars from last season (1 a starter)

I knew the wizards wouldn’t be legit with Westbrook. He’s trash. But the wizards gave up wall and a pick for him to get worse? Also go on the general board and see what people were saying over the summer. Over half of them had wizards as the 6-8 seed. Same with the media.

Also you’re severely undervaluing the value gasol brought. He was literally our anchor on D. You play him instead of Len for the 7 or 8 minutes that Len played the last 2 games and we probably win both of those games.

Also you’re putting the blame on nurse for being 2-10 this year but not giving him any credit for being the 2nd seed last year? The truth is we overachieved last year and we’re underachieving this year. Over 72 games our record will even out to around 450-500 unless we trade Lowry. Losing what was the best center rotation in basketball hurt us bad whether you want to admit it or not.

Again, I’m not advocating for him to get fired. I said his resume is the only reason he’s not being questioned right now, which you seem to agree with by mentioning his resume from last year. Obviously Nurse isn’t solely to blame for our record so far but he’s not faultless either. His rotations haven’t been all that great and he hasn’t been managing minutes all too well either. 6 double digit blown leads don’t just happen for no reason. It’s on the players as well as the coach
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,210

Post#276 » by XTC » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:14 am

Another bright spot... Siakam is good... I was really harsh on him during the the first couple games...

I still don’t think he’s a #1 option, but many players aren’t and that’s okay. I think he falls into that Paul George tier IMO. He’s almost there, but he’s not.

IMO he could be a 20/8/6 type player as a #2 option.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#277 » by bon » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:16 am

Cobra Kawhi wrote:I'd like to hear from that Len fan

Brianinphilly where you at.

Explain yourself

Len is the worst center on this team, worse than Baynes.

Could be Len's burner. I've never actually seen him post on game days. Just saying.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Post#278 » by Bruin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:17 am

Cobra Kawhi wrote:These losses are draining.

Raptors turning people to TWO game by game lol. I really doubt we’d sweep the Hornets, but we could split with them I think. Hayward seems to be on a revenge tour with how he’s started this season and LaMelo is getting more and more comfortable with every game they play.
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#279 » by lebron stopper » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:17 am

ItsDanger wrote:That was a great look for Siakam, it just didn't fall for him.

He's been blowing layups all season. His footwork is kinda sloppy and he doesn't get deep post position (so he works much harder just to score).
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,118

Post#280 » by God Squad » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:18 am

Steelo Green wrote:
720 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:I want an apology from team positive. I was treated like a Trump supporter on r/Politics for stating the obvious before the season.

I was team positive but I don’t think I put down team negative.

Also Trump supporters are biologically low IQ so please don’t compare these two things.

I was actually called a Trump supporter for saying this core is weak because of low IQ.

Don't worry, there will be a response quoting me doubling down on it and my mental capacity being lacking :lol:

Facts. I got called an idiot and a new fan because I said we aren't a top seed this year.

Return to Toronto Raptors