ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Pascal Blazes Portland Like a Backwoods... Raptors Still Lose

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,872

Re: PG: Pascal Blazes Portland Like a Backwoods... Raptors Still Lose 

Post#341 » by bape_lovers » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:59 pm

he has been? not sure what evidence are you seeing that he aint..clearly he ran a post play and have shooters in the corner? GSW last play was fvv

scopy wrote:
Geddy wrote:Nurse's end of game plays lately look even worse than Casey's

hes been running plays?

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
rage2021
Senior
And1: 521

Post#342 » by rage2021 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:40 pm

there is light at end end of the tunnel. hoping for a second half miracle cancellation of season with a top 5 pick lol
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,193

Post#343 » by gerrit4 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:43 pm

rage2021 wrote:there is light at end end of the tunnel. hoping for a second half miracle cancellation of season with a top 5 pick lol

It's not crazy. More realistically, I think we'll see a shorter season than planned, ending in a similar bubble to last season.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,294

Post#344 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:45 pm

johanliebert wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:Lmaoo

Read on Twitter

He can say that again but this coaching staff will force the issue.

Is he really tweeting about Pascal? Why?

It's so true though. Pascal is so frustrating because he doesn't just make one decisive more and go to the rim. All his herky-jerky indecisive spins, start to go, stop and starts drive me crazy.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,872

Post#345 » by bape_lovers » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:51 pm

its all learning curve..who other than superstars can be that good in the clutch, even then, there is selective few

WaltFrazier wrote:
johanliebert wrote:

Read on Twitter

It's so true though. Pascal is so frustrating because he doesn't just make one decisive more and go to the rim. All his herky-jerky indecisive spins, start to go, stop and starts drive me crazy.

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,168

Post#346 » by niQ » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:24 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#347 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:28 pm

Andrew_M08 wrote:Difference between having a superstar and not. Portland needs a bucket, Dame and CJ come in clutch. Raptors relying on Fred and Pascal = loss. Need to blow it up, this roster is going nowhere.

Yes Fred and Paskal are jus not worthy. Dude how many rings have yer superstar Trailblazers got? Like frickin' none right? If you never like your team why not bugger off and go support Melo Nation. I mean we may be mining a pick in 2021 and losing squeakers but blow it up? That's the crack pipe talkin'. Shades of Demar hate returning to troll. Flawed core b.s. on repeat.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#348 » by johanliebert » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:33 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
johanliebert wrote:

Read on Twitter

why? some things are self-explanatory and i guess he was watching the game it was the last of the double headers. He really tried to backdown covington who's stronger and just as long as him.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#349 » by johanliebert » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:36 pm

bape_lovers wrote:its all learning curve..who other than superstars can be that good in the clutch, even then, there is selective few

WaltFrazier wrote:
johanliebert wrote:He can say that again but this coaching staff will force the issue.

nah it's not a learning curve it's just being a skilled offensive player. He has never been a guy who can use moves to get to his spots or a shot that he likes.

Theres nothing wrong with that cause the MVP giannis can't either theres no learning curve to it if you cant create space in the first place and have a knock down jumper.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,759

Post#350 » by ItsDanger » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:49 pm

How much of the 2nd half slumps we see are due to the Nick Thibodeau coaching style? I suggest a lot.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#351 » by Marty_Budda » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:56 pm

johanliebert wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
johanliebert wrote:He can say that again but this coaching staff will force the issue.

why? some things are self-explanatory and i guess he was watching the game it was the last of the double headers. He really tried to backdown covington who's stronger and just as long as him.

https://youtu.be/-LwYmvflj-E

Please watch his highlights from last night and look at how many times he shot over Covington. I’m pretty sure he made every shot over him except one...his final one.

It was as high percentage a look as you’re gonna get in a situation like that.

Covington truly is realgm’s most overrated scrub.
dante9988
Rookie
And1: 1,110

Post#352 » by dante9988 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:19 pm

at this point I'm wondering what Jared Sullinger or Lucas Nogueira is doing so we can waive these bums we have at c rn.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#353 » by ATLTimekeeper » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:22 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
johanliebert wrote:

Read on Twitter

Pascal's resurgence here has largely been driving, post-ups and getting calls. His perimeter game is still really shaky and he doesn't have confidence in it. So far he's hit only 2 FGs in the clutch all season, both dunks last night that Fred helped set up. He's also only gotten two FTAs total. I'd say he's like 85% back on offense.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#354 » by bon » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:25 pm

johanliebert wrote:

Read on Twitter

Why would anyone listen to Thomas when he isn't even wanted back in the league?
Van_Trump
Veteran
And1: 1,266

Post#355 » by Van_Trump » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:52 pm

The Tank is strong in this one!
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,333

Post#356 » by tdotrep2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:56 pm

the siakam take was good tho, he did a nice half spin to make space for the floater he just missed. kobe literally missed most of his game winners and his ability was S tier.

A lot of the damn HOOP game!! he's talking about is guys taking a damn 18 footer over a hand and hoping it goes in, siakam is doing well and will improve while isaiah and his hoop game are sitting at home watching.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,436

Post#357 » by bisme37 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:03 pm

Hey guys sorry your season has been such a mess so far. I like your team and like quite a few of my RGM Raptor friends so I'm feeling bad for you guys. Must be hella disappointing. Hopefully you turn it around or at least get a great draft pick. I'm glad Pascal is playing better now at least. And hey, Kyrie Irving isn't on your team so there's that. Cheers.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Post#358 » by Dalek » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:10 pm

PushDaRock wrote:
Dalek wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:I'm pro tank but I honestly feel terrible for Siakam he was great but he's just not a closer and that's all people gonna talk about

This. Siakam has become Spicy P again, maybe even better with his passing game. We are wasting his good games trying to figure out who will show up with him from game to game. End games are not his thing, or maybe it's a luck thing. I swear he will turn this around.

Kyle has been crap again. This game he was just a hot mess. Some careless turnovers, poor shot selection and fouls. Kyle over the last two shows up for a quarter and then fades out again. Not sure if there is something going on in his personal life or what, but he looks like a stranger out there.

Why does Toronto struggle so much to close games? They stagnate so much with two PGs and Siakam on the court. Kyle should be leading them more.

We closed fine, offense actually created several wide open dunks and had some open 3's as well.

Well I agree with how the offense did have some nice dunks off defensive miscues, but there was a 2 minute stretch where Toronto didn't score. I will write it off to tiredness yesterday, but closing games has been an obvious issue for this team. Golden State, NO, San Antonio, Portland were all games lost because Toronto couldn't maintain leads or score to keep pace in the fourth.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,785

Post#359 » by DelAbbot » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:14 pm

Marty_Budda wrote:
johanliebert wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

https://youtu.be/-LwYmvflj-E

Please watch his highlights from last night and look at how many times he shot over Covington. I’m pretty sure he made every shot over him except one...his final one.

It was as high percentage a look as you’re gonna get in a situation like that.

Covington truly is realgm’s most overrated scrub.

Covington played some crap defense all game, leading to 2 easy dunks by Siakam late in the 4th.

Siakam just missed the final shot.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,333

Post#360 » by tdotrep2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:14 pm

bisme37 wrote:Hey guys sorry your season has been such a disaster so far. I like your team and like quite a few of my RGM Raptor friends so I'm feeling bad for you guys. Must be hella disappointing. Hopefully you turn it around or at least get a great draft pick. I'm glad Pascal is playing better now at least. And hey, Kyrie Irving isn't on your team so there's that. Cheers.

I mean its probably the best thing that could happen, realistically whos winning the chip this year? Lakers, maybe nets other than that im not sure anyone else has a shot.

This team definitely still has the ability to compete, the best thing for us is to get 1 of those top 5 prospects and sign someone in the offseason.

If those things happen i like our chances vs anyone in the east next season

Return to Toronto Raptors