ImageImageImageImageImage

Nets get Harden

Moderators: Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Rhettmatic, niQ

Badonkadonk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,814

Re: Nets get Harden 

Post#281 » by Badonkadonk » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:48 pm

Cavs getting Allen for cheap was genius, but I like the Pacers swapping out Oladipo for LaVert nearly as much. Very similar players but Dipo is about to hit FA as a 29 year old and LeVert is locked in for a few more years.
douggood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,203

Post#282 » by douggood » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:58 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
Hit Em Up wrote:We should have gotten in on the 3-way for Allen. All Cavs traded was Exum and a FRP for Allen?

Yes that was what struck me as well.

I'm sure Norm and a draft pick would have been better.

Allen would solve a lot of our interior issues.

it wasnt just exum and frp
it was taking on money this year, used TPE, took in $17 mil, outgoing $9.5mil
took on prince 13 mil contract for next season.
also gave up a 2nd round pick.

the rockets/nets needed someone who was willing to take prince and make the numbers works (keep houston out of tax, and just make the trade legal)

prince 2yr 27 mil contract for exum 1 yr 9.5
then allen into TPE (from jordan clarkson trade last year)
bucks unprotected 2022 pick to houston
2nd round pick to nets
gerrit4
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#283 » by gerrit4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:03 pm

T-d0t wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:
T-d0t wrote:Maxey is out of the question boys. Best we can do with Philly is Thybulle and Milton +1st

If Masai trades Lowry, a probable HOFer still playing damn well, for that return, we should hope Masai doesn't get extended. He should be fired.

Seriously, that's Vince trade levels of bad.

You need to consider some nuance here.

- Lowry is 34, turning 35 on trade deadline day
- this season he's been on/off but still an above-average starter. Is he an all-star this season? He hasn't played up to it so far.
- He's making 30m so his contract will be hard to match unless its a multi-team trade
- How many contending teams need a PG? Philly is the obvious one but I can't think of more obvious ones right now
- Lowry is an expiring contract this offseason so we either need to overpay him or he leaves for nothing.

My guess is that it's probably in between both options. Thybulle, Milton, 2021 1st, and a future lottery protected first. Or a couple second rounders. Something more than just Thybulle/Milton 1st, and less than Maxey/Thybulle/1st.

I think Lowry to Philly makes a lot of sense - he's such a good player on/off the ball, he fits their mentality, makes bench squads better. I'm pretty sure they'd get his bird rights too, so they'd have the option to re-sign him for an extra year. I'd say he still has another season after this of being really good.

My guess is that there will be suitors for Lowry at the trade deadline. Even if a team has a starting PG, you can bring Lowry off the bench and play him 30 minutes a game. That still bumps up the ceiling of a lot of teams.
Sandman88
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#284 » by Sandman88 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:09 pm

Horton-Tucker or MIchael Porter Jr are way better targets than Thybulle - and they’re not division rivals. Lakers and Nuggz could both use a Lowry to push them even further to contention
T-d0t
Head Coach
And1: 10,774

Post#285 » by T-d0t » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:16 pm

Sandman88 wrote:Horton-Tucker or MIchael Porter Jr are way better targets than Thybulle - and they’re not division rivals. Lakers and Nuggz could both use a Lowry to push them even further to contention

You really think we can get THT or MPJ for Lowry?
KL78192020
Head Coach
And1: 5,881

Post#286 » by KL78192020 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:19 pm

Sandman88 wrote:Horton-Tucker or MIchael Porter Jr are way better targets than Thybulle - and they’re not division rivals. Lakers and Nuggz could both use a Lowry to push them even further to contention

For one the salaries don't match up at all let alone the Nuggets aren't giving up MPJ for an aging Lowry. Nuggets would have to gut their depth to match salaries.
arbsn
Analyst
And1: 1,040

Post#287 » by arbsn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:24 pm

douggood wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
Hit Em Up wrote:We should have gotten in on the 3-way for Allen. All Cavs traded was Exum and a FRP for Allen?

the rockets/nets needed someone who was willing to take prince and make the numbers works (keep houston out of tax, and just make the trade legal)

2nd round pick to nets

even still that is a steal... Allen is RFA, 22, has a 21.5 PER, fills our biggest need and is a blue chip prospect

unfortunately the Raptors did not have the flexibility through late FRPs and cap space to make it happen, but still this may be one of the best trades I've seen in a while (for the Cavs)

you could argue Prince would be an asset for the Raptors as well
Sandman88
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#288 » by Sandman88 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:29 pm

T-d0t wrote:

If those teams want to go for a title. Lakers seeing what Brooklyn just did might entice them to add another all-star
SFour
RealGM
And1: 45,848

Post#289 » by SFour » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:39 pm

MavCarter wrote:
SFour wrote:
metafisical wrote:
Lol. People posting on here thinking we can get Thybulle, Maxey, filler and unprotected picks for Lowry need to see what Philly rejected for the Harden trade. Lowry is older and is a rental. We ain't getting all that for Lowry. LMAO

I'm pretty sure Raptors aren't asking for Ben Simmons and 3-4 first round picks for Lowry......nice try though

Thybulle, Maxey, filler, and 1 first round pick for Lowry is not ridiculous at all....especially since Sixers are now desperate with the Nets becoming the Eastern favourites

Propose your trade on the sixers board and see how the react

if they're fine with another 1st/2nd round exit then they can go right ahead and keep Maxey instead of getting Harden or Lowry :lol:
JB7
Senior
And1: 30

Post#290 » by JB7 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:58 pm

SFour wrote:
MavCarter wrote:
SFour wrote:
I'm pretty sure Raptors aren't asking for Ben Simmons and 3-4 first round picks for Lowry......nice try though

Thybulle, Maxey, filler, and 1 first round pick for Lowry is not ridiculous at all....especially since Sixers are now desperate with the Nets becoming the Eastern favourites

Propose your trade on the sixers board and see how the react

if they're fine with another 1st/2nd round exit then they can go right ahead and keep Maxey instead of getting Harden or Lowry :lol:

If Philly is doing any deal it is probably Simmons for Beal (plus I could see Green and Bertans being included in the deal)
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 40,937

Post#291 » by raptorstime » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:09 pm

Hero wrote:
raptorstime wrote:Lakers Nets Finals

Lakers 4-2 Nets

Giannis just signed an extension and now's he's got this to deal with.

He will probably pull a Harden in 2 years and demand a trade.
DelAbbot
Rookie
And1: 1,116

Post#292 » by DelAbbot » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:47 pm

You need to post these breakdowns and sticky. Our board badly need some education from you.
douggood wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:

2nd round pick to nets
DelAbbot
Rookie
And1: 1,116

Post#293 » by DelAbbot » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:50 pm

LMAO. This ain't NBA 2K on commissioner mode. MPJ for Lowry lol...
WaltFrazier
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,742

Post#294 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:06 pm

Badonkadonk wrote:Cavs getting Allen for cheap was genius, but I like the Pacers swapping out Oladipo for LaVert nearly as much. Very similar players but Dipo is about to hit FA as a 29 year old and LeVert is locked in for a few more years.

I don't understand Houston, trading Harden then not keeping 2 nice young players in Allen and Levert. I'm sure there is some reason about cap room and all that, but as a fan I'd rather have 2 nice young pieces like that
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 2,575

Post#295 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:13 pm

Those who think we are going to get a king's ransom for Lowry are going to be terribly, terribly disappointed.

First off, there is literally no market for Lowry. The only team that has a need, the contracts and the assets to make a worthwhile deal is Philly. Even if they do get desperate at the deadline, I can't see them dealing more than a first AND either Thybulle or Milton plus the salary ballasts need to make the deal work. It stands to reason that if Maxey was off the table in a Harden deal, he will be off the table for a Lowry deal as well.

Furthermore, Lowry is turning 35 and while he's still playing fairly well, his longevity on the team isn't secure. Who knows if he'll resign in Philly and for how much? It's way too much risk for Philly to take.
Raptors_128
Starter
And1: 1,894

Post#296 » by Raptors_128 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:18 pm

Y’all see the ask from Houston to Miami? How the hell did Miami not make that trade...

I don’t even think Siakam needed to be in the deal for Harden if that was the ask.

Read on Twitter
Marty_Budda
Junior
And1: 814

Post#297 » by Marty_Budda » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:22 pm

Raptors_128 wrote:Y’all see the ask from Houston to Miami? How the hell did Miami not make that trade...

I don’t even think Siakam needed to be in the deal for Harden if that was the ask.

Read on Twitter

Damn yeah if I were Miami I would’ve done it. Bam, jimmy, harden would’ve been an unreal core to build around. And you still have dragic.

Dragic
Harden
Jimmy
Some guy - Maybe tucker
Bam

Damn what a team.

No depth but you could get some ring chasing vets to join you after.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 34,207

Post#298 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:38 pm

We aren't trading Lowry for trash. He fits in literally like a glove with any contender. He's your ideal PG and leader who's still playing at a high level. I prefer not trading him but if it dame down to it, we better be getting back a legit young piece and picks or more.

Hes a HOF player whos hasn't aged game wise.
_MidNight_
RealGM
And1: 5,139

Post#299 » by _MidNight_ » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Badonkadonk wrote:Cavs getting Allen for cheap was genius, but I like the Pacers swapping out Oladipo for LaVert nearly as much. Very similar players but Dipo is about to hit FA as a 29 year old and LeVert is locked in for a few more years.

Pacers have made some really smart moves over the last few year with player acquisitions.

I like this move a lot for them.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 34,207

Post#300 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:43 pm

T-d0t wrote:

I think a better question is if the Raptors would want to trade Lowry for that return cuz its turrrible.

Edit, I got mixed up with otto porter

Return to Toronto Raptors