ImageImageImageImageImage

Alameda County Sheriff drops suit, Masai drops countersuit

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TrustFundBaby
Head Coach
And1: 19,767

Alameda County Sheriff drops suit, Masai drops countersuit 

Post#1 » by TrustFundBaby » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:27 pm

https://www.ktvu.com/news/sheriffs-deputy-drops-suit-against-toronto-raptors-president-after-shoving-incident.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Glad this saga is done with. Masai should've taken him to the cleaners but I respect his decision regardless, he's not a little man and has bigger things to deal with
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,257

Re: Alameda County Sheriff drops suit, Masai drops countersuit 

Post#2 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:28 pm

I actually wanted masai to clean this fool out in his countersuit. He doesn't deserve to walk away free after all this nonsense.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#3 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:29 pm

Wow, Masai showed he's the bigger man.
tradejosehesux
Starter
And1: 3,858

Post#4 » by tradejosehesux » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:32 pm

Masai will never get that moment back. Fck that guy. Wish Masia took everything he had and ruined his life.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#5 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:34 pm

With both suits dropped, this frees up Masai from being involved in legal pursuits with MLSE.

Another potential step closer to him leaving. You certainly don't want to enter a new job when you have legal obligations with a previous employer.

Derailing. Warned.
niQ
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Raptolicism
Rookie
And1: 480

Post#6 » by Raptolicism » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:35 pm

I hate that pig.
YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! WE THE CHAMPS BABY!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,451

Post#7 » by mtcan » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:38 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:With both suits dropped, this frees up Masai from being involved in legal pursuits with MLSE.

Another potential step closer to him leaving. You certainly don't want to enter a new job when you have legal obligations with a previous employer.

Good riddance. The man who replaced Serge Ibaka and Marc Gasol with Aron **** Baynes and Alex **** Len is no golden boy...he doesn't deserve the Raptors organization.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,257

Post#8 » by Tor_Raps » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:41 pm

mtcan wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:With both suits dropped, this frees up Masai from being involved in legal pursuits with MLSE.

Good riddance. The man who replaced Serge Ibaka and Marc Gasol with Aron **** Baynes and Alex **** Len is no golden boy...he doesn't deserve the Raptors organization.

Green font? Lol

I hated our offseason moves more than anyone but I wouldn't want anyone other than Masai leading the way.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#9 » by MixxSRC » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:41 pm

Officer is a slimy piece of ****.
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Post#10 » by RyderMike » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:51 pm

Oh look he's back to work now. I thought Masai gave him lasting irreparable damage to his body
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#11 » by Marty_Budda » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:51 pm

mtcan wrote:

gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,140

Post#12 » by gp2015 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:53 pm

I don't like the fact that this POS liar gets off scot free now.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
Boardbreaker
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,882

Post#13 » by Boardbreaker » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:54 pm

That officer didn’t deserve to get off so easily. Masai should have ruined him.
Andrew_M08
Rookie
And1: 2,802

Post#14 » by Andrew_M08 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:57 pm

Really amazed Masai dropped the suit, don't know if I'd have the composure or emotional maturity to do that. Really shows you the kind of man Masai is.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#15 » by Parataxis » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:10 pm

Do you ever take a day off? :noway:
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,304

Post#16 » by Parataxis » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:11 pm

Boardbreaker wrote:That officer didn’t deserve to get off so easily. Masai should have ruined him.

I wonder if the union is covering his lawyer bills.
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,142
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#17 » by PRESTIGE » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:13 pm

The only winners in this debacle are the lawyers.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,603

Post#18 » by Ackshun » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:17 pm

I certainly believe this to be the case.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Post#19 » by Raptors Realtor » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:31 pm

mtcan wrote:

I hope this is a poor attempt at sarcasm? Also, one of my pet peeves on this board is when people say Masai messed up by not re-signing Gasol... Dude is 36yrs old and was definitely on the decline last season, so it didn't make sense for us to offer him 2 guaranteed years like the Lakers. Although I would have liked to hang onto Ibaka, this team wasn't going to be serious title contenders regardless of keeping both those guys.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#20 » by Marty_Budda » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:42 pm

Raptors Realtor wrote:
mtcan wrote:

I hope this is a poor attempt at sarcasm? Also, one of my pet peeves on this board is when people say Masai messed up by not re-signing Gasol... Dude is 36yrs old and was definitely on the decline last season, so it didn't make sense for us to offer him 2 guaranteed years like the Lakers. Although I would have liked to hang onto Ibaka, this team wasn't going to be serious title contenders regardless of keeping both those guys.

My biggest pet peeve is people suggesting we should’ve traded them last year while being the 2nd best record in the league...because you know...asset management.

Return to Toronto Raptors