ImageImageImageImageImage

Andre Drummond To Meet With Knicks, Lakers, Clippers, Celtics, Hornets

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Would you want to sign Drummond to a minimum deal?

Yes
26%
No
52%
Don't care because I have no clue what we're even doing anymore
22%

Total votes: 46

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,817

Andre Drummond To Meet With Knicks, Lakers, Clippers, Celtics, Hornets 

Post#1 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:56 pm

Per wiretap, Andre Drummond is meeting with the Knicks, Lakers, Clippers, Celtics and Hornets. 4 of those teams already have centers and yet they are still going after him. So now that we have kept Lowry, why would we not be a team to at least meet with him?

Before people start crying, Drummond sucked at 27 million per year while being your teams best player. Drummond on a minimum deal while being a role player is a MASSIVE bargain, especially for a team that has the leagues worst Center rotation. Our Center rotation is practically the reason why we went from having the 2nd best regular season record last year to wherever the hell we are now.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,325

Re: Andre Drummond To Meet With Knicks, Lakers, Clippers, Celtics, Hornets 

Post#2 » by douggood » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:58 pm

Knicks and Hornets can give him most money, Knicks can sign him to a multi year contract have 15 mil cap room to work with this year. Hornets are under cap this year.

Clippers/Lakers championship contenders, minimum deal.

Celtics are an odd one, i guess he considers them a championship contender.
rotty
Head Coach
And1: 35,090

Post#3 » by rotty » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:58 pm

All of those teams listed are in the playoff picture. Why would he come to a team that is in 11th place

Playing opportunity? Sure but he can get that with the Lakers and Clippers and also compete for a title. Makes no sense to sign him, makes no sense for him to even consider Toronto
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,786

Post#4 » by Lord_Zedd » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:00 pm

I'm all for welcoming Drummond since he'll help refuel the tank.

Anyone expecting Drummond to contribute to winning basketball will be extremely disappointed.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#5 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:02 pm

rotty wrote:All of those teams listed are in the playoff picture. Why would he come to a team that is in 11th place

Playing opportunity? Sure but he can get that with the Lakers and Clippers and also compete for a title. Makes no sense to sign him, makes no sense for him to even consider Toronto

We are only a couple of games away from being right back in it. He would be guaranteed a lot of playing time here whereas those other teams already have centers. He can use this year to build up his value for a 10 to 15 million dollar per season contract.

He will be lucky to crack 20MPG with Clippers/Lakers when they're fully healthy.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#6 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:04 pm

Lord_Zedd wrote:I'm all for welcoming Drummond since he'll help refuel the tank.

Anyone expecting Drummond to contribute to winning basketball will be extremely disappointed.

Do you realize the crap we've thrown out at center this year? Our current situation there has already fueled the tank. If you think Drummond would make us worse then I don't know what to say here lol.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,496

Post#7 » by bboyskinnylegs » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:16 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Lord_Zedd wrote:I'm all for welcoming Drummond since he'll help refuel the tank.

Do you realize the crap we've thrown out at center this year? Our current situation there has already fueled the tank. If you think Drummond would make us worse then I don't know what to say here lol.

we can't give Baynes 48mpg, and while he has his moments he doesn't try to do as much as Drummond does
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#8 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:20 pm

bboyskinnylegs wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

we can't give Baynes 48mpg, and while he has his moments he doesn't try to do as much as Drummond does

So you're going to show one highlight and disregard that he has been the leagues best rebounder for years now. Oh BTW, we rank at the bottom in this category.

He's had to do too much because all his teams have sucked so he hasn't had a choice. Put OG on his teams and how do you think he'll look? Lol
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,279

Post#9 » by JB7 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:33 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
rotty wrote:All of those teams listed are in the playoff picture. Why would he come to a team that is in 11th place

We are only a couple of games away from being right back in it. He would be guaranteed a lot of playing time here whereas those other teams already have centers. He can use this year to build up his value for a 10 to 15 million dollar per season contract.

He will be lucky to crack 20MPG with Clippers/Lakers when they're fully healthy.

Further to this...

Knicks are tied for 4th with Charlotte. So really for them, between now and the end of the season, there is no where to go but down.

Raptors are 11th, and with maintaining the core, now that they seem to be passed the COVID issues, and with a new injection of talent (GTJ), they have no where to go but up.

As all of the various US tv personalities were talking about yesterday, Drummond's situation is either:
- chase a ring, where you might not get a lot of playing time, hurting his chances at a large deal in the offseason: or
- find a team that will magnify his impact, to improve his chances at a bigger deal

If the Knicks are willing to offer him a long term deal now, I think he jumps at it. If they are just offering him a 1 year deal for the remaining part of this season, maybe Raps have a chance, because the rise that the Raps most likely will go on, could be attributed to him (falsely), but all he has to do is convince one GM that he helped influence the run for the team.

I think he is worth taking a shot at, if only to save Pascal from having to play the position for so many minutes.

Great thing with GTJ here, is he is probably fine coming off the bench, compared to Norm's performance differential when coming off the bench vs starting. So Drummond could start games. Team just needs him to rebound.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#10 » by Tor_Raps » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:10 am

Just wanted to bump this to all the people who thought Drummond was a "losing" player. This isn't for the people who thought he wasn't going to come here but more about the people who judge certain players because of their circumstances.

Sometimes you just need to be put in a good situation. Somehow he'll be the starting center for the defending Champs but he would have been too crap for us lol.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,848

Post#11 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:17 am

Tor_Raps wrote:Just wanted to bump this to all the people who thought Drummond was a "losing" player. This isn't for the people who thought he wasn't going to come here but more about the people who judge certain players because of their circumstances.

Sometimes you just need to be put in a good situation. Somehow he'll be the starting center for the defending Champs but he would have been too crap for us lol.

This may be a good point. The sample size is rather small, maybe let it marinate a bit?
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,800

Post#12 » by ash_k » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:20 am

Tor_Raps wrote:Just wanted to bump this to all the people who thought Drummond was a "losing" player. This isn't for the people who thought he wasn't going to come here but more about the people who judge certain players because of their circumstances.

I just think too much video of games for those people ...that's why they have taken his numbers for granted...you don't just do 15+ppg/15+rbg regularly in this league if you are not a force .
by the way again
2× NBA All-Star (2016, 2018)
All-NBA Third Team (2016)
4× NBA rebounding leader (2016, 2018–2020)
:lol: but he would have been too crap for us :lol: :lol: "empty calories" :lol:
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#13 » by Tor_Raps » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:26 am

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

This may be a good point. The sample size is rather small, maybe let it marinate a bit?

I've been barking about this for a while so im pretty confident in how this will go. He doesn't even need to be great but him being average as a supporting player will surpass what majority of people were saying about him. People here didn't even want him for the minimum thinking he was going to do more bad than good lol.

I was pushing for him to be used in a Lowry trade as a player to match contracts with while we get draft picks and young assets too. Thought we could have re-signed him to a reasonable contract in the offseason and flip his narrative. It could have addressed a major need for our team and his age fits perfectly with our core.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,386

Post#14 » by Tha Cynic » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:27 am

Drummond simply has to score easy baskets, rebound and play big on defense. This was always an absolute steal for whoever got him, as long as he wasn't expected to be one of their top 2 players. Him on the Lakers is pretty massive when you get James and Eyebrow back.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#15 » by Tor_Raps » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:27 am

ash_k wrote:

I just think too much video of games for those people ...that's why they have taken his numbers for granted...you don't just do 15+ppg/15+rbg regularly in this league if you are not a force .
by the way again
2× NBA All-Star (2016, 2018)
All-NBA Third Team (2016)
4× NBA rebounding leader (2016, 2018–2020)
:lol: but he would have been too crap for us :lol: :lol: "empty calories" :lol:

People were saying no to him FOR THE MINIMUM if we were able to get him loll
alfie123
Starter
And1: 1,130

Post#16 » by alfie123 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:46 am

Y’all bumping all these old threads like y’all need a life lol
ILIKEBASKETSBALL
alan_156
Senior
And1: 755

Post#17 » by alan_156 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:50 am

Tha Cynic wrote:Drummond simply has to score easy baskets, rebound and play big on defense. This was always an absolute steal for whoever got him, as long as he wasn't expected to be one of their top 2 players. Him on the Lakers is pretty massive when you get James and Eyebrow back.

Yup, its beyond me how ppl label players because they've played on 2 losing organizations. Look at the difference so far with just a marginal upgrade in the center position has done so far for the raps. Plug in Drummond and the raps are a completely different team.

Some ppl on here are funny.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#18 » by KL78192020 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:01 am

alfie123 wrote:Y’all bumping all these old threads like y’all need a life lol

Old threads? its like two weeks old. Thats not really old.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#19 » by Metallikid » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:03 am

I mean, I wouldn't pay him a lot. I can see the Hornets screwing up everything they've done by signing him.
alfie123
Starter
And1: 1,130

Post#20 » by alfie123 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:09 am

KL78192020 wrote:
alfie123 wrote:Y’all bumping all these old threads like y’all need a life lol

Old threads? its like two weeks old. Thats not really old.

Bumping to pat oneself on the back is unbecoming
ILIKEBASKETSBALL

Return to Toronto Raptors