ImageImageImageImageImage

“Hug Brooklyn” — Support the Nets, bcuz the enemy of our enemy is our friend.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,413

Re: “Hug Brooklyn” — Support the Nets, bcuz the enemy of our enemy is our friend. 

Post#41 » by Tha Cynic » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:12 pm

Anyone other than the two LA teams is fine with me.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,934

Re: “Hug Brooklyn” — Support the Nets, bcuz the enemy of our enemy is our friend. 

Post#42 » by Potential » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:03 pm

**** BROOKLYN

BUCKLE UP FOR LEBRON KING GOAT JAMES LAST DANCE
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,615

Post#43 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:21 pm

I would imagine all Raptor fans will make their own choices who to cheer for in the playoffs. Or to not cheer for anyone if Raps are out. There is no such thing as, let's all get behind team X. Silly.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,624

Post#44 » by Bruin » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:25 pm

I’d rather watch a Denver vs Milwaukee finals tbh. 2 teams that actually built their core and developed their superstars themselves. Would be an entertaining series too
RapsAndJays21
RealGM
And1: 16,319

Post#45 » by RapsAndJays21 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:27 pm

Hate all the teams. Hope Denver wins it.
Rep T Dot, till they bury me.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,615

Post#46 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:30 pm

PrinceAli wrote:I’d rather watch a Denver vs Milwaukee finals tbh. 2 teams that actually built their core and developed their superstars themselves. Would be an entertaining series too

I kinda think the league and ABC/ESPN would prefer Lakers - Nets for ratings purposes. I wonder which matchup has a better chance of happening?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Raps Next GM
Rookie
And1: 1,227

Post#47 » by Raps Next GM » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:42 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:We know the East winner will be one of BRK, MIA, MIL, or PHIL.

After the 76ers and Heat walked away from us, perhaps we should cheer for the team most likely to beat them. They valued their scrap pieces more than trading for Lowry, so let’s make sure they rue this decision.

Game theoretically speaking, we can’t cheer for Milwaukee, because we still have a Giannis pipe dream.

Our winning era began when Masai chanted “F-k Brooklyn”. Nearly a decade later, things have come full circle. For one playoff run, it is time for us to Hug Brooklyn.

Let’s get on the Nets wagon for this season. We know that others will end up putting an asterisk if they win, because they are going to be seen as a fluke (loaded team in a shortened season).

If we can’t win, let’s make sure we cheer for the enemy of our enemies.

Ugh! The Nets are the anti-2019 Raptors, just a collection of bandwagon jumpers! Harden forced his way out of Houston. Kyrie being annoying AF... aside from Steve Nash, there’s no one I care to see win in Brooklyn...
Having said that, I will root for them only against Philly and Miami. Maybe Boston too.

I would much rather Milwaukee win it.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,763

Post#48 » by MessiahUjiri » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:04 pm

Stupid Pat Riley thought he was going to pull one over us by trading for an injury prone Oladipo instead of Kyle. Tried to offer us garbage.

Now Oladipo is injured. :hoop: :pityfool:
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Post#49 » by Raptors Realtor » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:11 pm

Anybody but Brooklyn and the Clippers.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#50 » by Son Goku 25 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:17 pm

** every team aside from the Raptors. I wouldn't mind seeing Denver or Portland win and Lebron continuing his greatness if it came down to it though
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,755

Post#51 » by Badonkadonk » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:20 pm

No, f*ck Brooklyn.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#52 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:27 pm

AbC? wrote:They are fun to watch and they make fans angry for various reasons. 100% cheering them on this season.

You must be a Vince put us on the map type of guy.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#53 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:29 pm

Raps Next GM wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:We know the East winner will be one of BRK, MIA, MIL, or PHIL.

After the 76ers and Heat walked away from us, perhaps we should cheer for the team most likely to beat them. They valued their scrap pieces more than trading for Lowry, so let’s make sure they rue this decision.

Game theoretically speaking, we can’t cheer for Milwaukee, because we still have a Giannis pipe dream.

Our winning era began when Masai chanted “F-k Brooklyn”. Nearly a decade later, things have come full circle. For one playoff run, it is time for us to Hug Brooklyn.

Let’s get on the Nets wagon for this season. We know that others will end up putting an asterisk if they win, because they are going to be seen as a fluke (loaded team in a shortened season).

If we can’t win, let’s make sure we cheer for the enemy of our enemies.

Ugh! The Nets are the anti-2019 Raptors, just a collection of bandwagon jumpers! Harden forced his way out of Houston. Kyrie being annoying AF... aside from Steve Nash, there’s no one I care to see win in Brooklyn...
Having said that, I will root for them only against Philly and Miami. Maybe Boston too.

I would much rather Milwaukee win it.

Don't even appreciate Steve Nash. Did he spend a couple years in the G-League, be an assistant fir a couple years, or was he gifted a superstar lineup? Give him Sacramento Kings and see what he can do there.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,648

Post#54 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:30 pm

I'm probably one of the few here who like KD and Kyrie. Harden too. I'm not rooting for them but I'd rather they win than either the LA franchises.
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#55 » by Mr Funk » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:32 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:**** Brooklyn.

I won't be cheering for them. But I also won't be cheering for Philly or Milwaukee.

Boston players are likeable, but they're Boston, so I won't cheer for them.

Miami is the only East "contender" I can get behind.

Couldn't agree more.

Brooklyn are set up to choke big time: bench is weak; defence is bad; very little grit, character and lack of championship experience/veterans; and the team culture is a huge question mark. Harden is not a consistent playoff performer, he simply lacks what it takes to lead a team to a championship (he is not a winner, but rather a massive prima donna). Kyrie was pretty amazing in the 2015 Finals, yet he is cancerous and injury prone. And while Durant can hit shots from anywhere with multiple defenders and hands in his face, like Harden and Kyrie, he's not a two way player, he's been in and out of the line-up all season and seems to be still not 100% after his Achilles injury.

Boston meanwhile were hammered by Covid this season and like us, they've taken a step back. They're kind of a question mark but considering their trajectory and Covid, I can't see them doing much this year.

I think Miami are poised to win the East again: solid team culture and coaching; amazing defence, character and grit; Jimmy Butler is one of the hardest working players in the league who leaves it all on the floor (he would've been a good fit with us) and a high character, two way player and extremely likeable (the complete opposite of Harden) and he seems so determined to win a championship and when you consider how far Jimmy has come along in the league, it seems only inevitable; plus the additions and pick-ups they've made this season aren't too shabby.

I'm more than happy to admit when I'm wrong and have no problem eating proverbial crow, but Miami strike me as a team built correctly to contend, whereas Brooklyn took the easy, lazy or half-assed root, which generally leads to playoff choking.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,004

Post#56 » by DelAbbot » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:36 pm

"What Rhymes with Hug Me (Brooklyn)"

Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#57 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:56 pm

I want to see them fail. Badly, in spectacular fashion.

All these "team up" teams suck.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,499

Post#58 » by dagger » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:56 pm

I don't give a rat's rear about any of this.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#59 » by fbalmeida » Fri Apr 9, 2021 9:00 pm

If we're out of the conversation, I want the Pacers to shock the hell out of everyone in the East. Can't bring myself to cheer for anyone else.

About the Nets specifically, I hate Kyrie, I hate KD, I and I hate their player-GM built team.
The 76ers, Bucks, and Heat are our rivals.
Couldn't care less about the Hornets.
I dislike Trae's game.
I abominate the Celtics.
Etc.

From the West, I'd like to see the Jazz stick it up Lebron's derrière for wisecracking about how nobody plays with the Jazz in video games.
Wouldn't mind CP getting his ring with the way he's been playing.
Wouldn't mind Jamal winning a ring.
Wouldn't mind Portland winning the championship with Dame, CJ, and Powell getting rings, although I doubt their coach will stumble upon the concept of defense any time soon.
Wouldn't mind the Spurs shocking everyone either.

Everyone else can go **** themselves. Especially Lebron James.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,146

Post#60 » by xAIRNESSx » Fri Apr 9, 2021 9:04 pm

LeBron is my only real fallback if the Raptors don't win it.

Return to Toronto Raptors