ImageImageImageImageImage

Would you trade Siakam this summer?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Would you trade Siakam this off season?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 218

Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Re: Would you trade Siakam this summer? 

Post#181 » by Par36 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:23 am

junot111 wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:He had an excellent 2 and a half months last year then was trending downwards from late December on.

That is simply not true... Have you seen his splits?

Dec 2019: 36.2MPG, 25/6.9/2.9, 55% TS
Jan 2020: 30.8MPG, 20.8/6.5/2.9, 57% TS
Feb 2020: 35.6MPG, 23.1/7.2/3.6, 56.6% TS
Mar 2020: 39.6MPG, 23.2/7.6/5.2, 54.7% TS

That doesn't look like he was trending downwards at all, unless you consider PPG to be the only important metric.

Pooh_Jeter wrote:He had a ton of cover the championship season. He was great against the Magic and Warriors and was awful against the 76ers and Bucks. He was a quasi #2 option that year, it wasn't exactly a Kobe and Shaq situation.

Who said it was a Kobe and Shaq situation? The point is he's proven himself as a 3rd option on a championship team. That's what the Bucks are asking Middleton/Holiday to be this year and they are both older and paid nearly the same. Some Raptors fans have a ridiculous expectation that Siakam needs to be better than that or shipped out.

Stop using logic and facts! That's not fair. :lol:
Oakvillehoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,033

Post#182 » by Oakvillehoops » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:45 pm

I want him gone more because of his attitude and negative energy. Sure he’s struggling because he’s out of place, but his constant whining, crying to the refs and horrible demeanour are all bothersome.
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,435

Post#183 » by Morse Code » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:24 pm

The whole “he’s a great third option on a championship team” thing is hilarious to me. You want to pay him that much money to be a third option? When we’re nothing close to being a contender and don’t have a #1 or a #2 yet. Even if we draft Cade, he’s going to take some time to reach his star status, same with Green or whoever else. Siakam’s ability and his age make it hard to see him here long term for the money he’s making. I’d much much rather cash out in the form of picks, for both him and Fred, and develop a super young core of lottery picks together as a unit. If you have any faith in Masai at all, you know he can easily find us another 3rd option down the road, but not before we get our alpha.
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,590

Post#184 » by plainballing » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:26 pm

I have seen enough...teams have figured Siakam out and we cannot have our #1, with a max contract, constantly being figured out.
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg
dgr81
General Manager
And1: 10,889

Post#185 » by dgr81 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:46 pm

Oakvillehoops wrote:I want him gone more because of his attitude and negative energy. Sure he’s struggling because he’s out of place, but his constant whining, crying to the refs and horrible demeanour are all bothersome.

he learned the whining from kyle and nurse and i agree, it's really horrible to watch.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,139

Post#186 » by gp2015 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:02 pm

junot111 wrote:Who said it was a Kobe and Shaq situation? The point is he's proven himself as a 3rd option on a championship team. That's what the Bucks are asking Middleton/Holiday to be this year and they are both older and paid nearly the same. Some Raptors fans have a ridiculous expectation that Siakam needs to be better than that or shipped out.

The problem is:

1. We are not a championship team, nowhere close.
2. We have no #1 or #2 option.

It makes no sense to pay max salary to a 3rd option on a rebuilding team.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,885

Post#187 » by Tacoma » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:00 pm

There are no untouchables on the current roster. I would not actively shop Siakam but if the right opportunity comes along that improves team talent level or outlook, then you make the trade.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#188 » by fbalmeida » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:17 pm

Between bubble butt Siakam and yesterday's brain fart, I don't think a single Raptors player has ever put together a stretch with such consistent clutch time failure. It's unfortunate, but he's really subjecting himself to a potential level of mockery that finds few parallels in franchise history.

That's a problem.

A confident and persistent Siakam going forward would have a fair shot of chiselling these rough mental edges off his game. Latecomers to the game typically take longer to do that and peak closer to their 30th birthday than their 28th.

But a mentally sunk Siakam, is probably as big of a roster problem, if not bigger, as Bargnani was.

So this offseason, we've got the Lowry issue to deal with, the draft pick, and likely finding a C with cap space or MLE.

But they're also going to have to factor in just how long do we go with Siakam in this sorry ass mental state before we cut our losses. So unless we get really lucky in this year's draft, free agency (Kawhi), or a great deal comes along in the summer, the 2021-22 season is probably Pascal's last shot. He either picks up his game consistently or he's traded at next year's deadline.

If the FO loses patience in him, moving Siakam for an underwhelming set of picks, prospects and perhaps a salary dump or flawed overpayed talent on a shorter term, becomes the best way out, with Fred becoming an on-court coach for a younger team.

Fred
Flynn
Trent
OG
2021 FRP
2021 FA
2021 MLE
+ Whatever the return is for Siakam

Properly built and coached that would be an interesting young team to build on going forward.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#189 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:07 pm

He isn't too great this year. We wouldn't get a reasonable return. So no, hold off on trading him.
Credits to Jstock12
Starr1
General Manager
And1: 6,015

Post#190 » by Starr1 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:52 pm

Siakam will be making $35 freaking millions next season and $37m the year after. Not sure if i can stomach watching him wet the bed continuously while making 2 or 3 people's money.
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#191 » by Par36 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:02 am

Starr1 wrote:Siakam will be making $35 freaking millions next season and $37m the year after. Not sure if i can stomach watching him wet the bed continuously while making 2 or 3 people's money.

Could always go watch another team.
Thanks.*wave goodbye*
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#192 » by MavCarter » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:07 am

Pascal already proved he's a good 2nd option on a contender. Asking 2nd/3rd option guys to be 1st option guys usually brings their play down im not sure why people are surprised
#Enjoytheride
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#193 » by MavCarter » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:12 am

I think one reason tanking teams stay bad so long is because they usually go overboard with the young players and forget that you need battle tested vets on teams to actually win anything in this league. I dont think we had the most talented team in 2019 but Kyle danny marc kawhi serge etc were all battle tested vets with years and years of playoff experience under their belt. As we go younger i still think pascal can be one of those guys for us but you *cant* ask him to be the #1 option. Pascal being the 2nd best player on a chip team and just turning 27 cant be overlooked imo
#Enjoytheride
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#194 » by ash_k » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:17 am

MavCarter wrote:Pascal already proved he's a good 2nd option on a contender. Asking 2nd/3rd option guys to be 1st option guys usually brings their play down im not sure why people are surprised

Jeopardy:
I was the first option on the team with the 2nd best record of the entire league ahead of LeBron's Lakers and Kawhi's Clippers.
I was voted All-NBA Second Team.

Just like Pascal, Y'all kids have been tremendously affected by Covid. Relax and hang in there. Things will be better soon.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
BD006
Veteran
And1: 520

Post#195 » by BD006 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:21 am

No one on our team is untouchable. If someone comes calling about Pascal, I listen. But I'm not actively looking to move him yet. He's still valuable, he just shouldn't be the first option on offense.

But he's really gotta get his confidence and 3pt shot back.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,494

Post#196 » by bballsparkin » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:22 am

I like Pascal and think he will live up to his contract. If GSW's were to get the Minnesota pick this year say at 4/5 and offer it up along with Wiggins. Preferably with their own FRP. That would be hard to say no to. They can have their SRP pick back too.

I have my doubts that GSW would do that though. Especially with uncertainty to how good Klay will be when he comes back. I don't see Beal as a fit alongside Curry.
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,821

Post#197 » by TheRealDeal » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:27 am

MavCarter
RealGM

Post#198 » by MavCarter » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:36 am

ash_k wrote:
MavCarter wrote:Pascal already proved he's a good 2nd option on a contender. Asking 2nd/3rd option guys to be 1st option guys usually brings their play down im not sure why people are surprised

Jeopardy:
I was the first option on the team with the 2nd best record of the entire league ahead of LeBron's Lakers and Kawhi's Clippers.

Just like Pascal, Y'all kids have been tremendously affected by Covid. Relax and hang in there. Things will be better soon.

Pascal is a first option on a playoff contender now? Good to know. Guess we can start building around our guy!
#Enjoytheride
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#199 » by ash_k » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:50 am

MavCarter wrote:
ash_k wrote:

Jeopardy:

Pascal is a first option on a playoff contender now? Good to know. Guess we can start building around our guy!

Just relax. Things will be better soon.
Meanwhile, you can pretend all has been normal with Pascal and the team. Pretend that we would have a 11-14 home record, had we been playing at the Scotiabank. The last two seasons, we lost 19 home games IN TOTAL!
Being conservative, with 17-8 home record right now, we would be 27-27 right now... meaning we would be 3 games away from 4th seed. Relax
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
canz55
Sixth Man
And1: 2,024

Post#200 » by canz55 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:11 am

60% of the forum say trade him??!!

This forum has lost touch with reality.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
ImageWe the Champs...

Return to Toronto Raptors