ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN

Moderators: Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, 7 Footer, Rhettmatic, niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred

brownbobcat
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,978
And1: 1,420
Joined: Jun 09, 2006

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#181 » by brownbobcat » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:52 pm

agkagk wrote:because theres videos on the internet of her concerts where she is literally twerking with her butthole out and its deemed female empowerment.

theres a double standard friend.

If your job is twerking with your butthole out, then obviously you're not getting fired for that.

That's not Pierce's job at ESPN, so there's no double standard.
Ackshun
Head Coach
Posts: 6,499
And1: 2,568
Joined: Jul 24, 2006

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#182 » by Ackshun » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:53 pm

ruckus wrote:
agkagk wrote:
The Warrior wrote:What are with these Cardi B references? Why is that any different and why would that be okay?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


because theres videos on the internet of her concerts where she is literally twerking with her butthole out and its deemed female empowerment.

theres a double standard friend.


Not sure I'm following. What's the double standard?


I think I know where he is going. A few months ago I tuned into SNL and couldn't believe I was watching Megan Thee Stallion twerk like a stripper for 3 minutes straight on international television.

And Paul Pierce is fired for hiring strippers or inviting stripper friends over.

I don't have any opinion either way. Just stating facts
User avatar
lolwut
Head Coach
Posts: 7,384
And1: 11,278
Joined: Jun 28, 2009
 

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#183 » by lolwut » Wed Apr 7, 2021 6:54 pm

Ackshun wrote:
lolwut wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Here’s your daily reminder that there’s no such thing as cancel culture and it’s just a made up concept co opted by simple minded people that don’t really understand how the world works

The term "cancel culture" needs to be cancelled. How the hell did it get so popular?


I do a ton of reading; books, journals, newspapers online and a 1-2 magazines.

I have heard the term "cancel culture" about a dozen times, and only on this forum.

RealGM and Urban Dictionary for me, in that order.
2020-2021 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Image
Fairview4Life
RealGM
Posts: 56,607
And1: 21,024
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
     

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#184 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:12 pm

Ackshun wrote:
ruckus wrote:
agkagk wrote:
because theres videos on the internet of her concerts where she is literally twerking with her butthole out and its deemed female empowerment.

theres a double standard friend.


Not sure I'm following. What's the double standard?


I think I know where he is going. A few months ago I tuned into SNL and couldn't believe I was watching Megan Thee Stallion twerk like a stripper for 3 minutes straight on international television.

And Paul Pierce is fired for hiring strippers or inviting stripper friends over.

I don't have any opinion either way. Just stating facts


You can also watch naked people having sex on your TV. That has nothing to do with Paul Pierce being fired.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
brownbobcat
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,978
And1: 1,420
Joined: Jun 09, 2006

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#185 » by brownbobcat » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:22 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Ackshun wrote:I think I know where he is going. A few months ago I tuned into SNL and couldn't believe I was watching Megan Thee Stallion twerk like a stripper for 3 minutes straight on international television.

And Paul Pierce is fired for hiring strippers or inviting stripper friends over.

I don't have any opinion either way. Just stating facts


You can also watch naked people having sex on your TV. That has nothing to do with Paul Pierce being fired.

I just got fired for doing that at work, what a double standard.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
Posts: 56,607
And1: 21,024
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
     

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#186 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:23 pm

brownbobcat wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
Ackshun wrote:I think I know where he is going. A few months ago I tuned into SNL and couldn't believe I was watching Megan Thee Stallion twerk like a stripper for 3 minutes straight on international television.

And Paul Pierce is fired for hiring strippers or inviting stripper friends over.

I don't have any opinion either way. Just stating facts


You can also watch naked people having sex on your TV. That has nothing to do with Paul Pierce being fired.

I just got fired for doing that at work, what a double standard.


I believe the kids are calling that cancel culture these days.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
agkagk
Rookie
Posts: 1,057
And1: 655
Joined: Sep 03, 2011

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#187 » by agkagk » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:47 pm

brownbobcat wrote:
agkagk wrote:because theres videos on the internet of her concerts where she is literally twerking with her butthole out and its deemed female empowerment.

theres a double standard friend.

If your job is twerking with your butthole out, then obviously you're not getting fired for that.

That's not Pierce's job at ESPN, so there's no double standard.


Edit: I suck at reading
agkagk
Rookie
Posts: 1,057
And1: 655
Joined: Sep 03, 2011

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#188 » by agkagk » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:54 pm

ReggieSlater wrote:
agkagk wrote:in some circles its considered female empowerment for a women to monetize her sexuality. these same circle tend to admonish or even dare i say, try to cancel men for even objectifying women in the slightest way.

Prostitutes are female empowerment
John's are pigs whos oppress women.

this never crossed your desk?


I think you're failing here with a typical post-hoc fallacy. Because Paul Pierce was fired, we then know he was fired because some circles tend to try and cancel men for objectifying women. This isn't correct.


nope no failure in logic my esteemed university professor.

its quite simple and obvious, the same media machine that punished paul pierce for taking a picture next to a whorish women, both celebrates, rewards and profits from the progressively more whorish behaviour of everyone from lindsay lohan to miley cyrus to cardi b.

its a very obvious double standard and speaks to a much greater social ill, that fact that you're creating straw man narratives to think around this very transparent hypocrisy only magnifies it.

paul pierce is a pig who objectifies women -- thats bad for making corporate dollars and social engineering

miley cyrus posts videos of herself, exposing her crotch and peeing on the street (seriously folks full frontal pee shot -- google it!) this is female empowerment and good for corporate dollars and social engineering.

Paul pierce standing next to a ho - oppressor, cardi b's exposed butthole - liberator.

Miley Cyrus is gross.
brownbobcat
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,978
And1: 1,420
Joined: Jun 09, 2006

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#189 » by brownbobcat » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:46 pm

agkagk wrote:nope no failure in logic my esteemed university professor.

its quite simple and obvious, the same media machine that punished paul pierce for taking a picture next to a whorish women, both celebrates, rewards and profits from the progressively more whorish behaviour of everyone from lindsay lohan to miley cyrus to cardi b.

its a very obvious double standard and speaks to a much greater social ill, that fact that you're creating straw man narratives to think around this very transparent hypocrisy only magnifies it.

paul pierce is a pig who objectifies women -- thats bad for making corporate dollars and social engineering

miley cyrus posting videos of her exposing her lady bits and peeing on the street (seriously folks full frontal pee shot -- google it!) is female empowerment and good for corporate dollars and social engineering.

Paul pierce - oppressor, cardi b's exposed butthole - liberator.

me think good and stuff.

"Double standards" apply to cases where people are treated differently in the same situation.

The situation is different. Exposed buttholes are OK in some situations but not in others. Ask your mom to learn more about the differences, it's not rocket science.
will
RealGM
Posts: 28,039
And1: 23,755
Joined: Jan 08, 2006
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#190 » by will » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:47 pm

Come on, ESPN. Let Da Truth live!
Image
YelloC
Analyst
Posts: 3,339
And1: 3,997
Joined: Apr 19, 2018
     

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#191 » by YelloC » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:57 pm

Ackshun wrote:
ruckus wrote:
agkagk wrote:
because theres videos on the internet of her concerts where she is literally twerking with her butthole out and its deemed female empowerment.

theres a double standard friend.


Not sure I'm following. What's the double standard?


I think I know where he is going. A few months ago I tuned into SNL and couldn't believe I was watching Megan Thee Stallion twerk like a stripper for 3 minutes straight on international television.

And Paul Pierce is fired for hiring strippers or inviting stripper friends over.

I don't have any opinion either way. Just stating facts

To be fair, SNL is on at 11:30 pm because it isn’t exactly family friendly.
YelloC
Analyst
Posts: 3,339
And1: 3,997
Joined: Apr 19, 2018
     

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#192 » by YelloC » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:00 pm

agkagk wrote:
ReggieSlater wrote:
agkagk wrote:in some circles its considered female empowerment for a women to monetize her sexuality. these same circle tend to admonish or even dare i say, try to cancel men for even objectifying women in the slightest way.

Prostitutes are female empowerment
John's are pigs whos oppress women.

this never crossed your desk?


I think you're failing here with a typical post-hoc fallacy. Because Paul Pierce was fired, we then know he was fired because some circles tend to try and cancel men for objectifying women. This isn't correct.


nope no failure in logic my esteemed university professor.

its quite simple and obvious, the same media machine that punished paul pierce for taking a picture next to a whorish women, both celebrates, rewards and profits from the progressively more whorish behaviour of everyone from lindsay lohan to miley cyrus to cardi b.

its a very obvious double standard and speaks to a much greater social ill, that fact that you're creating straw man narratives to think around this very transparent hypocrisy only magnifies it.

paul pierce is a pig who objectifies women -- thats bad for making corporate dollars and social engineering

miley cyrus posting videos of her exposing her lady bits and peeing on the street (seriously folks full frontal pee shot -- google it!) is female empowerment and good for corporate dollars and social engineering.

Paul pierce - oppressor, cardi b's exposed butthole - liberator.

me think good and stuff.

You’d be a pretty big hypocrite if you didn’t swim with a shirt on.
Jef
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,272
And1: 2,683
Joined: Apr 27, 2016
   

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#193 » by Jef » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:42 pm

Secretly recorded Disney meeting, 10 hours before Paul Pierce's IG-Live, just released:

Disney execs: Hey Paul, thanks for coming up. There's no easy way to say this... You're fired. Oh I guess that was pretty easy.
Paul Pierce: Why?
Disney execs: Well, you're terrible, and nobody believes you wear glasses because you need them.
Paul Pierce: Dammit! That's what I told RJ. Was he prankin''?
Disney execs: Disney thanks you for your service. Drop off your parking permit to Lisa on the way out.
Paul Pierce: Can I keep my FastPass+?
Disney execs: Fine. But for this year only. And not for Space Mountain.
Paul Pierce: What?!! You muthaf--
Disney execs: Fine, fine. Space Mountain.
Paul Pierce: Listen, I can't get fired. Not by Disney. That's like, rape, on my cred.
Disney execs: Gina Carano handled it. She still has a future. (sarcastic giggling is heard)
Paul Pierce: Look, hold off on this. I need to retain my street cred, ya feel? I has a plan.
Disney execs: Hold off? For how long?
Paul Pierce: You snowflakes know what woke is?
Disney execs: (long pause) Of course we do. But you tell us what YOU think it is.
Paul Pierce: It's when white men get credit for protecting women and minorities, making them look good.
Disney execs: Oooh. Go on.
Paul Pierce: Maybe I have a party tonight, you know. Call up my ni--... Call up my friends, order in some girls. Then maybe I live-stream it all, appearing drunk...high... you know. Put on a show.
Disney execs: (long pause) And?
Paul Pierce: Man... geez... there will be women, in bikinis, servicing men, servicing an ESPN analyst... I mean, it's possible.
Disney execs: Well you can't do that. This is Disney. We'd have to fire you.
Paul Pierce: Steve?
Disney exec: Randy, come on.
Disney exec: Ohhhhh. Okay. Sheeyit, you ARE the Truth!
Paul Pierce: Stay woke, fellas.
Norman Powell, after Game 5 Pacers dunk: "That's Norman Powell!"
agkagk
Rookie
Posts: 1,057
And1: 655
Joined: Sep 03, 2011

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#194 » by agkagk » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:51 pm

:lol:
Jef wrote:Secretly recorded Disney meeting, 10 hours before Paul Pierce's IG-Live, just released:

Disney execs: Hey Paul, thanks for coming up. There's no easy way to say this... You're fired. Oh I guess that was pretty easy.
Paul Pierce: Why?
Disney execs: Well, you're terrible, and nobody believes you wear glasses because you need them.
Paul Pierce: Dammit! That's what I told RJ. Was he prankin''?
Disney execs: Disney thanks you for your service. Drop off your parking permit to Lisa on the way out.
Paul Pierce: Can I keep my FastPass+?
Disney execs: Fine. But for this year only. And not for Space Mountain.
Paul Pierce: What?!! You muthaf--
Disney execs: Fine, fine. Space Mountain.
Paul Pierce: Listen, I can't get fired. Not by Disney. That's like, rape, on my cred.
Disney execs: Gina Carano handled it. She still has a future. (sarcastic giggling is heard)
Paul Pierce: Look, hold off on this. I need to retain my street cred, ya feel? I has a plan.
Disney execs: Hold off? For how long?
Paul Pierce: You snowflakes know what woke is?
Disney execs: (long pause) Of course we do. But you tell us what YOU think it is.
Paul Pierce: It's when white men get credit for protecting women and minorities, making them look good.
Disney execs: Oooh. Go on.
Paul Pierce: Maybe I have a party tonight, you know. Call up my ni--... Call up my friends, order in some girls. Then maybe I live-stream it all, appearing drunk...high... you know. Put on a show.
Disney execs: (long pause) And?
Paul Pierce: Man... geez... there will be women, in bikinis, servicing men, servicing an ESPN analyst... I mean, it's possible.
Disney execs: Well you can't do that. This is Disney. We'd have to fire you.
Paul Pierce: Steve?
Disney exec: Randy, come on.
Disney exec: Ohhhhh. Okay. Sheeyit, you ARE the Truth!
Paul Pierce: Stay woke, fellas.


:lol: can I keep my fast pass :lol:
D.Brasco
General Manager
Posts: 7,817
And1: 5,790
Joined: Nov 17, 2006

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#195 » by D.Brasco » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:10 pm

brownbobcat wrote:
agkagk wrote:because theres videos on the internet of her concerts where she is literally twerking with her butthole out and its deemed female empowerment.

theres a double standard friend.

If your job is twerking with your butthole out, then obviously you're not getting fired for that.

That's not Pierce's job at ESPN, so there's no double standard.


Thank god that's not his job *shudders*
Ackshun
Head Coach
Posts: 6,499
And1: 2,568
Joined: Jul 24, 2006

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#196 » by Ackshun » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:29 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
ruckus wrote:
Not sure I'm following. What's the double standard?


I think I know where he is going. A few months ago I tuned into SNL and couldn't believe I was watching Megan Thee Stallion twerk like a stripper for 3 minutes straight on international television.

And Paul Pierce is fired for hiring strippers or inviting stripper friends over.

I don't have any opinion either way. Just stating facts


You can also watch naked people having sex on your TV. That has nothing to do with Paul Pierce being fired.


Don't be ridiculous because it suits your argument. We are discussing MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Not porn.
Ackshun
Head Coach
Posts: 6,499
And1: 2,568
Joined: Jul 24, 2006

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#197 » by Ackshun » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:30 pm

YelloC wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
ruckus wrote:
Not sure I'm following. What's the double standard?


I think I know where he is going. A few months ago I tuned into SNL and couldn't believe I was watching Megan Thee Stallion twerk like a stripper for 3 minutes straight on international television.

And Paul Pierce is fired for hiring strippers or inviting stripper friends over.

I don't have any opinion either way. Just stating facts

To be fair, SNL is on at 11:30 pm because it isn’t exactly family friendly.


Yeah I thought of that just after I posted it. But then again, it's not like NBC pushed boundaries with any of their other programming regarding of the time slot.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
Posts: 56,607
And1: 21,024
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
     

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#198 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:49 pm

Ackshun wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
I think I know where he is going. A few months ago I tuned into SNL and couldn't believe I was watching Megan Thee Stallion twerk like a stripper for 3 minutes straight on international television.

And Paul Pierce is fired for hiring strippers or inviting stripper friends over.

I don't have any opinion either way. Just stating facts


You can also watch naked people having sex on your TV. That has nothing to do with Paul Pierce being fired.


Don't be ridiculous because it suits your argument. We are discussing MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Not porn.


My guy, I said TV. You can watch people having sex on your tv, brought to you by MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Cable! Oh no! That still has nothing to do with Paul Pierce being fired.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
agkagk
Rookie
Posts: 1,057
And1: 655
Joined: Sep 03, 2011

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#199 » by agkagk » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:01 am

Fairview4Life wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
You can also watch naked people having sex on your TV. That has nothing to do with Paul Pierce being fired.


Don't be ridiculous because it suits your argument. We are discussing MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Not porn.


My guy, I said TV. You can watch people having sex on your tv, brought to you by MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Cable! Oh no! That still has nothing to do with Paul Pierce being fired.


Ok what did paul get fired for?
User avatar
SharoneWright
RealGM
Posts: 22,572
And1: 8,914
Joined: Aug 03, 2006
Location: Flavortown, USA.
     

Re: OT: Paul Pierce fired by ESPN 

Post#200 » by SharoneWright » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:38 am

Fairview4Life wrote:
Ackshun wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
You can also watch naked people having sex on your TV. That has nothing to do with Paul Pierce being fired.


Don't be ridiculous because it suits your argument. We are discussing MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Not porn.


My guy, I said TV. You can watch people having sex on your tv, brought to you by MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Cable! Oh no! That still has nothing to do with Paul Pierce being fired.


Kind of does, though.

Progressives have pushed he envelope in culture/TV to accept more overt expressions of sexuality in the public domain. As you say, nudity on cable is now mainstream. Until now, the edgy cultural brokers have couched it as "female empowerment" even though it was largely exploitation. Pierce played by those former rules. Except he can't anymore. Progressives have changed the narrative. He didn't keep up with the times. Pierce got fired for objectifying womxn, not for "not wearing a mask". :lol: What Pierce did is now misogynistic, even though "you can watch naked people on TV having sex" and Cardi B is celebrated for her bravery. It is a double standard set by liberal mainstream media and Paul's head must be spinning.
Is anyone here a marine biologist?

Return to Toronto Raptors