ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Chris Boucher's time with the team also numbered?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,056

Re: Is Chris Boucher's time with the team also numbered? 

Post#81 » by ItsDanger » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:37 pm

Will always be a matchup issue for us. Don't buy into the fools gold. Stats can be misleading. If you're serious about winning, he is a backup only.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#82 » by Psubs » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:38 pm

Would people trade him for a late 1st pick?

Or should they lock him down for more than the MLE but $15 million tops? So he doesn't risk injury if the Raptors accept his cheap team option? Get him like the Jays got Bautista as a late-bloomer. :nod:

He's a bench PF/C that can spot start at C in certain matchups (1/2 the league).
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,634

Post#83 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:58 pm

Psubs wrote:Would people trade him for a late 1st pick?

Or should they lock him down for more than the MLE but $15 million tops? So he doesn't risk injury if the Raptors accept his cheap team option? Get him like the Jays got Bautista as a late-bloomer. :nod:

He's a bench PF/C that can spot start at C in certain matchups (1/2 the league).

I'd see if the Pelicans would be interested.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Post#84 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:07 pm

Raptors will probably be back in win now mode next season, so aren't looking for another Malachi Flynn to draft.

To me, the perfect front-court partner for Boucher is Sabonis. If Raps could trade Boucher and the 2 SRPs for Turner, that would be a win-win. Pacers need a mobile PF, and Raps need a C.
t54zhao
Junior
And1: 580

Post#85 » by t54zhao » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:24 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
t54zhao wrote:
Indeed wrote:
Because he fits our team and other teams, that's why he will be asking for more. Everyone would like a stretch 4/5 with defense.
Unlike Ibaka, where Boucher is the replacement, we currently have no replacement.

Are you suggesting we keep Stanley Johnson because he is cheap?

If there is a good young prospect available for Boucher, just like there was a good young player available for Powell, I'd say move him. Boucher is near his physical peak and would be a valuable piece to competing teams just like how Norm was for the Blazers.

Yea, I'd keep Stanley Johnson because he's young(er) and could develop into a serviceable role player. The team could probably flip him for a prospect too, if another team needed a defensive backup wing.

Stanimal over Boucher? Did you just say that?

Yes. Stanley Johnson continues to be a work in progress but if he becomes an adequate role player and has a good season, there are definitely dumb teams out there that might be convinced to part with a first round pick for him. However, he needs more seasoning so the team should keep developing him.

Boucher is older and is already a finished product, more or less. He's playing well, but there's no way he can keep this up. Furthermore, he's getting more touches than we could ever expect from what should be a bench big. So sell high and get some prospects for Boucher.
My challenge to the Vaccine truthers, make a prediction and sig it.
Mine: In 2023, rates of heart attacks & strokes amongst vaccinated people, never infected with COVID will be similar (+-5%) when compared to people of same age in 2018.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#86 » by Indeed » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:33 pm

t54zhao wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
t54zhao wrote:
If there is a good young prospect available for Boucher, just like there was a good young player available for Powell, I'd say move him. Boucher is near his physical peak and would be a valuable piece to competing teams just like how Norm was for the Blazers.

Yea, I'd keep Stanley Johnson because he's young(er) and could develop into a serviceable role player. The team could probably flip him for a prospect too, if another team needed a defensive backup wing.

Stanimal over Boucher? Did you just say that?

Yes. Stanley Johnson continues to be a work in progress but if he becomes an adequate role player and has a good season, there are definitely dumb teams out there that might be convinced to part with a first round pick for him. However, he needs more seasoning so the team should keep developing him.

Boucher is older and is already a finished product, more or less. He's playing well, but there's no way he can keep this up. Furthermore, he's getting more touches than we could ever expect from what should be a bench big. So sell high and get some prospects for Boucher.

That is a very wishful thought on Stanley Johnson can get you a 1st round pick even he can become an adequate role player. I mean, you may get a high end role player in the 1st round than an adequate role player who has decision making issue. No thanks, rather develop someone who can actually become high end or starter than wasting the roster spot and time.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#87 » by Indeed » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:37 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:

Raptors will probably be back in win now mode next season, so aren't looking for another Malachi Flynn to draft.

To me, the perfect front-court partner for Boucher is Sabonis. If Raps could trade Boucher and the 2 SRPs for Turner, that would be a win-win. Pacers need a mobile PF, and Raps need a C.

I think the Pacers needs both Turner and a mobile PF. I don't think they will trade Turner and leave a hole there and being worse than us. Maybe they would like OG + 1st for Turner, at least a starting calibre player.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Post#88 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:07 pm

Indeed wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

I think the Pacers needs both Turner and a mobile PF. I don't think they will trade Turner and leave a hole there and being worse than us. Maybe they would like OG + 1st for Turner, at least a starting calibre player.

OG is the most untouchable player on the Raps. Full stop. He plays the most important position in the league right now, and anything short of a 30-year-old Lebron or signed and traded Kawhi is not gonna get it done. And Myles f'n Turner is definitely not enough return, let alone Raps having to add a pick. :nonono:

Pacers are struggling with injuries this year, but their systemic problem is that they are paying big money for two starting Cs in a league that's going small (except for what the Bulls did last night). So why wouldn't they want a legit PF who can replace the rim protecting skills of Turner? Masai's argument would be that Boucher IS a starting quality PF, next to a good C like Sabonis.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#89 » by Indeed » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:13 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Indeed wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

OG is the most untouchable player on the Raps. Full stop. He plays the most important position in the league right now, and anything short of a 30-year-old Lebron or signed and traded Kawhi is not gonna get it done. And Myles f'n Turner is definitely not enough return, let alone Raps having to add a pick. :nonono:

Pacers are struggling with injuries this year, but their systemic problem is that they are paying big money for two starting Cs in a league that's going small (except for what the Bulls did last night). So why wouldn't they want a legit PF who can replace the rim protecting skills of Turner? Masai's argument would be that Boucher IS a starting quality PF, next to a good C like Sabonis.

Because we used to pay big money for two starting Cs. Not sure why people think paying money is a problem.

Furthermore, they compliment each other, as Turner is a C on defense and Sabonis is a PF on defense. While Turner is a PF on offense and Sabonis is a C on offense. If I am the Pacers, I would keep both.

Return to Toronto Raptors