ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread Part 2

Moderators: Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, 7 Footer, Rhettmatic, niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred

User avatar
WuTang_OG
Head Coach
Posts: 7,229
And1: 13,242
Joined: Sep 26, 2017
 

Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#1 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:34 pm

Continue discussion on prospects for the upcoming 2021 draft
User avatar
Son Goku 25
RealGM
Posts: 21,323
And1: 35,688
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
 

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#2 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:41 pm

Legendary times
User avatar
WuTang_OG
Head Coach
Posts: 7,229
And1: 13,242
Joined: Sep 26, 2017
 

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#3 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:43 pm

# Team Player H W P School C
1 *Minnesota Cade Cunningham 6-8 220 PG/SG Oklahoma State Fr.
2 *Detroit Evan Mobley 7-0 215 PF/C USC Fr.
3 *Houston Jalen Suggs 6-4 205 PG Gonzaga Fr.
4 Orlando Jalen Green 6-6 180 SG G-League Fr.
5 Washington Jonathan Kuminga 6-8 205 SF/PF G-League Fr.
6 Cleveland Scottie Barnes 6-9 225 SF/PF Florida St. Fr.
7 Toronto Moses Moody 6-6 205 SG Arkansas Fr.
8 Sacramento Keon Johnson 6-5 185 SG/SF Tennessee Fr.
9 *Oklahoma Cty Corey Kispert 6-7 220 SG/SF Gonzaga Sr.
10 New Orleans Kai Jones 6-11 220 C Texas So.
11 Indiana Franz Wagner 6-9 220 SF/PF Michigan So.
12 Chicago Ziaire Williams 6-8 185 SG/SF Stanford Fr.
13 Memphis James Bouknight 6-5 190 SG UConn So.
14 *Golden St. Usman Garuba 6-8 230 PF/C Spain Intl.
15 Boston Davion Mitchell 6-2 205 PG Baylor Jr.
16 Charlotte Cameron Thomas 6-4 210 SG LSU Fr.
17 New York Josh Christopher 6-5 215 SG Arizona St. Fr.
18 *Houston Taevion Kinsey 6-5 185 SG Marshall Jr.
19 Atlanta Jaden Springer 6-4 205 SG Tennessee Fr.
20 *New York Josh Giddey 6-8 205 PG Australia Intl.
21 San Antonio Roko Prkacin 6-9 210 PF Croatia Intl.
22 *Houston Ayo Dosunmu 6-5 200 PG/SG Illinois Jr.
23 Denver Jalen Johnson 6-9 220 SF Duke Fr.
24 *LA Lakers David Duke 6-5 205 PG Providence Jr.
25 *LA Clippers Ochai Agbaji 6-5 210 SG Kansas Jr.
26 Milwaukee BJ Boston 6-7 185 SG Kentucky Fr.
27 Brooklyn Joel Ayayi 6-5 180 PG/SG Gonzaga Jr.
28 Phoenix Greg Brown 6-9 205 SF/PF Texas Fr.
29 Philadelphia Charles Bassey 6-11 235 PF/C Western Kentu... Jr.
30 *Utah RJ Nembhard 6-5 200 PG/SG TCU Jr.
User avatar
Son Goku 25
RealGM
Posts: 21,323
And1: 35,688
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
 

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#4 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:45 pm

I do wonder why Jalen Johnson is dropping so much. I'm worried he'll go to a contender other than us of course and become the next Draymond or poor man's Simmons.

It's good and bad cuz you know a player will drop to us in this deep draft.
User avatar
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
Posts: 6,283
And1: 10,170
Joined: Apr 04, 2017

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#5 » by HeadtopChunes » Wed Apr 7, 2021 8:50 pm

Son Goku 25 wrote:I do wonder why Jalen Johnson is dropping so much. I'm worried he'll go to a contender other than us of course and become the next Draymond or poor man's Simmons.

It's good and bad cuz you know a player will drop to us in this deep draft.


character slander for leaving Duke lol, the coaches club prob didn't like that
User avatar
PrinceAli
Analyst
Posts: 3,554
And1: 6,043
Joined: Mar 11, 2018
       

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#6 » by PrinceAli » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:21 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-mock-draft-30-four-man-race-at-the-top-with-no-true-consensus-no-1-pick-185252251.html

Interestingly this has mock Mobley falling to 4 with Scottie Barnes leapfrogging Kuminga into the top 5

7. Toronto Raptors: G Davion Mitchell

Ht./Wt: 6-2, 205 lbs | Class: Junior | Baylor: 14 ppg, 5.5 apg

Mitchell is the best on-ball defender in college basketball and gave teams all sorts of problems in the NCAA tournament. Head coach Scott Drew says his nickname is “Off Night” because every player that goes up against him has an off night. Mitchell has been a projected late first-round pick all season (Yahoo Sports had him at No. 13 back in February) and catapulted his way into the top 10 thanks to his consistent shooting and high basketball IQ on offense. He averaged 13.2 points and six assists in the NCAA tournament and plays a lot like another Mitchell we all know.

“His upside in the league is definitely a Donovan Mitchell-type of player who plays way better defense,” one NBA scout told Yahoo Sports.
Image
User avatar
Psubs
RealGM
Posts: 11,315
And1: 7,344
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#7 » by Psubs » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:26 pm

PrinceAli wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-mock-draft-30-four-man-race-at-the-top-with-no-true-consensus-no-1-pick-185252251.html

Interestingly this has mock Mobley falling to 4 with Scottie Barnes leapfrogging Kuminga into the top 5

7. Toronto Raptors: G Davion Mitchell

Ht./Wt: 6-2, 205 lbs | Class: Junior | Baylor: 14 ppg, 5.5 apg

Mitchell is the best on-ball defender in college basketball and gave teams all sorts of problems in the NCAA tournament. Head coach Scott Drew says his nickname is “Off Night” because every player that goes up against him has an off night. Mitchell has been a projected late first-round pick all season (Yahoo Sports had him at No. 13 back in February) and catapulted his way into the top 10 thanks to his consistent shooting and high basketball IQ on offense. He averaged 13.2 points and six assists in the NCAA tournament and plays a lot like another Mitchell we all know.

“His upside in the league is definitely a Donovan Mitchell-type of player who plays way better defense,” one NBA scout told Yahoo Sports.


Even if Davion Mitchell turns out to be Marcus Smart, I do not want to reach for him at #7. :banghead:
Image
User avatar
Raps in 4
RealGM
Posts: 49,454
And1: 37,342
Joined: Nov 01, 2008
Location: Toronto
 

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#8 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:36 pm

Minnesota doesn't deserve another top pick. Silver should send Cade to an organization (like ours) that will turn him into a star.
Marty_Budda
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 1,502
Joined: Aug 06, 2018
     

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#9 » by Marty_Budda » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:39 pm

Psubs wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-mock-draft-30-four-man-race-at-the-top-with-no-true-consensus-no-1-pick-185252251.html

Interestingly this has mock Mobley falling to 4 with Scottie Barnes leapfrogging Kuminga into the top 5

7. Toronto Raptors: G Davion Mitchell

Ht./Wt: 6-2, 205 lbs | Class: Junior | Baylor: 14 ppg, 5.5 apg

Mitchell is the best on-ball defender in college basketball and gave teams all sorts of problems in the NCAA tournament. Head coach Scott Drew says his nickname is “Off Night” because every player that goes up against him has an off night. Mitchell has been a projected late first-round pick all season (Yahoo Sports had him at No. 13 back in February) and catapulted his way into the top 10 thanks to his consistent shooting and high basketball IQ on offense. He averaged 13.2 points and six assists in the NCAA tournament and plays a lot like another Mitchell we all know.

“His upside in the league is definitely a Donovan Mitchell-type of player who plays way better defense,” one NBA scout told Yahoo Sports.


Even if Davion Mitchell turns out to be Marcus Smart, I do not want to reach for him at #7. :banghead:


A Marcus smart with a 3pt shot is basically an all star.
YelloC
Analyst
Posts: 3,325
And1: 3,975
Joined: Apr 19, 2018
     

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#10 » by YelloC » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:54 pm

I’ve got a feeling that Masai/Bobby are gonna throw a curveball and draft a PG a SF and a PF.
User avatar
Psubs
RealGM
Posts: 11,315
And1: 7,344
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#11 » by Psubs » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:25 pm

YelloC wrote:I’ve got a feeling that Masai/Bobby are gonna throw a curveball and draft a PG a SF and a PF.


They know that Chet Holmgren is the Unicorn the Raptors need. :lol:
Image
User avatar
Syd-TK3
RealGM
Posts: 10,612
And1: 10,752
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
 

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#12 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:27 pm

Mitchell is good but Idk about him shooting up into the top 7 like that let alone top 10
Image
VanWest82
RealGM
Posts: 12,030
And1: 12,084
Joined: Dec 05, 2008

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#13 » by VanWest82 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 10:32 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:Mitchell is good but Idk about him shooting up into the top 7 like that let alone top 10


Have you seen the other prospects projected to go in that range? Top 10 feels like a safe bet.
User avatar
Indeed
RealGM
Posts: 15,913
And1: 1,335
Joined: Aug 21, 2009

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#14 » by Indeed » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:48 pm

Marty_Budda wrote:
Psubs wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-mock-draft-30-four-man-race-at-the-top-with-no-true-consensus-no-1-pick-185252251.html

Interestingly this has mock Mobley falling to 4 with Scottie Barnes leapfrogging Kuminga into the top 5



Even if Davion Mitchell turns out to be Marcus Smart, I do not want to reach for him at #7. :banghead:


A Marcus smart with a 3pt shot is basically an all star.


More like Kemba Walker lite with a bigger body.
I am not sure we will draft him, since we are very good at developing player like OG and Siakam. I thought we maybe better to take someone like OG, and look for someone who is more ready in the 2nd round.
User avatar
BrunoSkull
RealGM
Posts: 22,127
And1: 109,875
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
Location: Tank energy
Contact:
 

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#15 » by BrunoSkull » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:51 pm

Scottie Barnes ftw. Basically a Jabari Parker/Draymond Green who can defend and dribble. High upside at our pick range, you swing for a homerun. High risk yes, do or die my friend.
Image
Marty_Budda
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 1,502
Joined: Aug 06, 2018
     

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#16 » by Marty_Budda » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:02 am

Indeed wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Even if Davion Mitchell turns out to be Marcus Smart, I do not want to reach for him at #7. :banghead:


A Marcus smart with a 3pt shot is basically an all star.


More like Kemba Walker lite with a bigger body.
I am not sure we will draft him, since we are very good at developing player like OG and Siakam. I thought we maybe better to take someone like OG, and look for someone who is more ready in the 2nd round.


Kemba’s game and Mitchell’s game are nothing alike.
Marty_Budda
Pro Prospect
Posts: 965
And1: 1,502
Joined: Aug 06, 2018
     

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#17 » by Marty_Budda » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:03 am

BrunoSkull wrote:Scottie Barnes ftw. Basically a Jabari Parker/Draymond Green who can defend and dribble. High upside at our pick range, you swing for a homerun. High risk yes, do or die my friend.


Did you really just use Jabari Parker as an example to sell us on a player?

Each to their own I guess
alienchild
General Manager
Posts: 7,739
And1: 13,538
Joined: Jan 05, 2012

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#18 » by alienchild » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:15 am

BrunoSkull wrote:Scottie Barnes ftw. Basically a Jabari Parker/Draymond Green who can defend and dribble. High upside at our pick range, you swing for a homerun. High risk yes, do or die my friend.


Aye'n Aye, rastaman, pass de splif.
User avatar
BoyzNTheHood
Analyst
Posts: 3,155
And1: 3,611
Joined: Apr 19, 2015

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#19 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:22 am

BrunoSkull wrote:Scottie Barnes ftw. Basically a Jabari Parker/Draymond Green who can defend and dribble. High upside at our pick range, you swing for a homerun. High risk yes, do or die my friend.


High ceiling, but very low floor. At this point he's basically a playmaker on offense and a great defender. I'd say he's more of a Giannis type of creator where it's not smooth like other big guys in the mold of Ben Simmons. The thing is, Giannis can get his own bucket which forces the defense to collapse and so can Ben with his quickness, but Scottie can't at this point in time. And I'd also argue that Scottie's jumper is more broken than Giannis', almost to the point of Ben Simmons. But....if he can improve his jump shot he'll open up so much more for himself, but right now his confidence in it is beyond broken so it's could take years to develop.

I can see a Draymond comparison, but I'm not sure where you pulled Jabari Parker from. Jabari was a silky smooth scorer, which is the furthest thing from Scottie. I'm assuming you thought they play alike since they look alike.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
User avatar
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
Posts: 13,329
And1: 24,384
Joined: Jun 10, 2013
       

Re: Draft Thread Part 2 

Post#20 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Apr 8, 2021 12:24 am

LETS GOOOOOOO. FIRST PAGE REAL ESTATE.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Image

Return to Toronto Raptors