ImageImageImageImageImage

[Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#261 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:26 pm

WeThe2019Champs wrote:What's taking so long? Need Baynes to take a break.

"Are we there yet?"
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#262 » by Raptorfan2012 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Love Birch’s attitude but he does know he is not really coming ‘home’.. unless he wants that Snowbird life.
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,378

Post#263 » by visionquest » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:34 pm

This is turning into Kawhi watch.

Is that Khem in the helicopter?!

Boy we're really desperate for help down low :lol:
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,459

Post#264 » by aminiaturebuddha » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:02 pm

Psubs wrote:
GLF wrote:I like Richaun Holmes the best, then Theis and only after those two would I look at Olynyk

Holmes is staying in Sacramento unless you overpay him like $18 million per year.

I think Nurse would like to coach Olynyk in this offense.

Just curious, have you heard Holmes say something to that effect? My understanding is that he's a UFA, not RFA, so I'm not sure why Sacramento would have that much of an advantage. It's not like they have tons of cap space either since Fox's extension kicks in next year, and they still have the big salaries of Hield and Barnes on their books (as well as another $20 mil or so wrapped up in Bagley and Wright).
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,747

Post#265 » by And1Skip » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
dgr81
General Manager
And1: 10,889

Post#266 » by dgr81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,199

Post#267 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:14 pm

dgr81 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seems like a good backup C that can be here long term. Will still need to find that starting C though.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#268 » by alienchild » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#269 » by Psubs » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:32 pm

aminiaturebuddha wrote:
Psubs wrote:
GLF wrote:I like Richaun Holmes the best, then Theis and only after those two would I look at Olynyk

Holmes is staying in Sacramento unless you overpay him like $18 million per year.

Just curious, have you heard Holmes say something to that effect? My understanding is that he's a UFA, not RFA, so I'm not sure why Sacramento would have that much of an advantage. It's not like they have tons of cap space either since Fox's extension kicks in next year, and they still have the big salaries of Hield and Barnes on their books (as well as another $20 mil or so wrapped up in Bagley and Wright).

He's stated last year how much he loves Sacramento and also this spring reiterates that he's finally found his NBA home. I figure if they give him anything reasonable over the MLE he will sign for 5 years (5th year player option). Seeing players like Thompson, Ibaka only getting the MLE for 2 years, he's gotta know there aren't that many teams that can offer more than the MLE.

I could see him getting around $12 million with raises. Like a Lou Williams or Jordan Clarkson like signing.

From April 15, 2020.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/richaun-holmes-loves-sacramento-hopes-finish-career-kings

“I absolutely love Sacramento,” Holmes told NBC Sports California. “This community, this city, these fans -- have shown me, in my short time here, that I really couldn’t see myself playing anywhere else. I would love to play here the rest of my career. I love to play in front of these fans, be a part of this community -- this is a great place to be and I’d love just to be a part of it.”

Richaun isn’t the only Holmes family member to be accepted with open arms in Sacramento. His mother and father, Dr. Lydecia Homes and Dr. Richard Holmes, have become fan favorites as well.

The Holmes celebrate each win with an Instagram celebration and now his mother has turned to TikTok and is a sensation there as well.

Is Holmes caught off guard by the way the Sacramento community has embraced both he and his family so quickly?

“It was definitely shocking, but like you said, as soon as I got here, it felt like a perfect fit,” Holmes said. “From the team, to the fans, to the community, everybody shows love.”

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article250125884.html

March 2021

https://www.yardbarker.com/general_sports/articles/richaun_holmes_wants_to_stay_in_sacramento/s1_14822_34416047

“I can’t say enough how much I love this city, love these fans, love my teammates, love stepping out there in Sacramento in my jersey representing this city,” he said. “It’s been some of the best times of my life.”

“The preparation has met the opportunity and hopefully I can keep getting better and keep making big plays for this team,” Holmes said.
youngRAPZ
Senior
And1: 456

Post#270 » by youngRAPZ » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:52 pm

Psubs wrote:
aminiaturebuddha wrote:
Psubs wrote:

He's stated last year how much he loves Sacramento and also this spring reiterates that he's finally found his NBA home. I figure if they give him anything reasonable over the MLE he will sign for 5 years (5th year player option). Seeing players like Thompson, Ibaka only getting the MLE for 2 years, he's gotta know there aren't that many teams that can offer more than the MLE.

I could see him getting around $12 million with raises. Like a Lou Williams or Jordan Clarkson like signing.

From April 15, 2020.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/richaun-holmes-loves-sacramento-hopes-finish-career-kings

“I absolutely love Sacramento,” Holmes told NBC Sports California. “This community, this city, these fans -- have shown me, in my short time here, that I really couldn’t see myself playing anywhere else. I would love to play here the rest of my career. I love to play in front of these fans, be a part of this community -- this is a great place to be and I’d love just to be a part of it.”

Richaun isn’t the only Holmes family member to be accepted with open arms in Sacramento. His mother and father, Dr. Lydecia Homes and Dr. Richard Holmes, have become fan favorites as well.

The Holmes celebrate each win with an Instagram celebration and now his mother has turned to TikTok and is a sensation there as well.

Is Holmes caught off guard by the way the Sacramento community has embraced both he and his family so quickly?

“It was definitely shocking, but like you said, as soon as I got here, it felt like a perfect fit,” Holmes said. “From the team, to the fans, to the community, everybody shows love.”

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article250125884.html

March 2021

https://www.yardbarker.com/general_sports/articles/richaun_holmes_wants_to_stay_in_sacramento/s1_14822_34416047

“I can’t say enough how much I love this city, love these fans, love my teammates, love stepping out there in Sacramento in my jersey representing this city,” he said. “It’s been some of the best times of my life.”

“The preparation has met the opportunity and hopefully I can keep getting better and keep making big plays for this team,” Holmes said.

I think I’d give him between 10-13 and maybe as high as 15max anything else and he can rot is Sacramento lol. I think he would do good here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dgr81
General Manager

Post#271 » by dgr81 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:25 pm

Read on Twitter
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,360

Post#272 » by tdotrep2 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:41 pm

Read on Twitter
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,554

Post#273 » by 2019nbachamps » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:53 am

We should temper expectations. He is an undrafted 28 year old that has failed to make a mark in the NBA and was just cut by one of the worst teams in the league.
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#274 » by youngRAPZ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:59 am

2019nbachamps wrote:We should temper expectations. He is an undrafted 28 year old that has failed to make a mark in the NBA and was just cut by one of the worst teams in the league.

I think he’ll do fine and maybe earn a contract for next year. But anyone who thinks he’s single handedly gonna put us in the playoffs is crazy. The center rotation is number 1 problem but our horrible bench is number 2 and until both are fixed in the off-season we will be a bad team.

mickie
Rookie
And1: 516

Post#275 » by mickie » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:02 am

2019nbachamps wrote:We should temper expectations. He is an undrafted 28 year old that has failed to make a mark in the NBA and was just cut by one of the worst teams in the league.

We also need to be a little bit more optimistic. No one knew that Freddy and Pascal will turn out the way they did.. really low risk in my opinion. I'm on the Birch wagon. :D
Rodrickle
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#276 » by Rodrickle » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:32 am

I would overpay Holmes. His net ratings are insane. super efficient. excellent defender. He's better than Ibaka IMO. doesnt shoot many threes though. Holmes, Boucher, Birch and Gillespie is a nice rotation

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app
youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#277 » by youngRAPZ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:33 am

Rodrickle wrote:I would overpay him. His net ratings are insane. super efficient. excellent defender. He's better than Ibaka IMO. doesnt shoot many threes though.

Lol you talking about birch?

Rodrickle
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#278 » by Rodrickle » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:35 am

youngRAPZ wrote:
Rodrickle wrote:I would overpay him. His net ratings are insane. super efficient. excellent defender. He's better than Ibaka IMO. doesnt shoot many threes though.

Sorry edited, meant Holmes

youngRAPZ
Senior

Post#279 » by youngRAPZ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:41 am

Rodrickle wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:

Sorry edited, meant Holmes

In that case I 100% agree. Holmes is a great defender provides shot blocking and good rebounding. I’m not of the opinion that your center has to shoot. We have the players to mix and match for a closing lineup with shooters. Having the option to have a big defender who will clean up the boards is something we haven’t had since JV and it’s nice that Holmes plays better defence and isn’t worthless on offence he’s good in the low post.

If we need the shooting we can play small like we are now

Og
Pascal
Wing(hopefully Cade/Green)
Trent
VV

Or

Bouche
Pascal
Og
Trent
VV

dgr81
General Manager

Post#280 » by dgr81 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:42 am

suddenly the raps have too many centers

Return to Toronto Raptors