ImageImageImageImageImage

[Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,572

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#301 » by bluerap23 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Rodrickle wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:
Psubs wrote:
He's stated last year how much he loves Sacramento and also this spring reiterates that he's finally found his NBA home. I figure if they give him anything reasonable over the MLE he will sign for 5 years (5th year player option). Seeing players like Thompson, Ibaka only getting the MLE for 2 years, he's gotta know there aren't that many teams that can offer more than the MLE.

I could see him getting around $12 million with raises. Like a Lou Williams or Jordan Clarkson like signing.

From April 15, 2020.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/richaun-holmes-loves-sacramento-hopes-finish-career-kings

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article250125884.html

March 2021

https://www.yardbarker.com/general_sports/articles/richaun_holmes_wants_to_stay_in_sacramento/s1_14822_34416047

I think I’d give him between 10-13 and maybe as high as 15max anything else and he can rot is Sacramento lol. I think he would do good here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe Hollinger stated his value is approx 16 million. Based on his impact, I believe he's right

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM mobile app

I have a hard time seeing Sacramento willing to pay anything over the mid-level for him. They are a notoriously cheap ownership. If a team is willing to offer him 4x15 he likely won't be back in Sacramento. I love Holmes as well but I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay him that kind of $$ though.
youngRAPZ
Senior
And1: 456

Re: [Shams] Khem Birch expected to sign with the Toronto Raptors after being waived by Orlando 

Post#302 » by youngRAPZ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:04 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
Rodrickle wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:I think I’d give him between 10-13 and maybe as high as 15max anything else and he can rot is Sacramento lol. I think he would do good here.

I believe Hollinger stated his value is approx 16 million. Based on his impact, I believe he's right

I have a hard time seeing Sacramento willing to pay anything over the mid-level for him. They are a notoriously cheap ownership. If a team is willing to offer him 4x15 he likely won't be back in Sacramento. I love Holmes as well but I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay him that kind of $$ though.

He’s been a beast all year look at his numbers.

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,818

Post#303 » by Tor_Raps » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:19 pm

youngRAPZ wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
Rodrickle wrote:I believe Hollinger stated his value is approx 16 million. Based on his impact, I believe he's right

People crapped all over Drummond because he was putting up numbers on a crappy team but Holmes doing that is OK?

Not trying to single you out in particular since I don't know your stance but trying to understand the logic of others. Most didn't even want to get Drummond for the minimum if they had the choice and he is clearly the better player.
youngRAPZ
Senior
And1: 456

Post#304 » by youngRAPZ » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:17 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:

People crapped all over Drummond because he was putting up numbers on a crappy team but Holmes doing that is OK?

Not trying to single you out in particular since I don't know your stance but trying to understand the logic of others. Most didn't even want to get Drummond for the minimum if they had the choice and he is clearly the better player.

I am not a Drummond hater. That being said I’d rather Holmes than Drummond because he plays defence.

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#305 » by Psubs » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:39 pm

bluerap23 wrote:I have a hard time seeing Sacramento willing to pay anything over the mid-level for him. They are a notoriously cheap ownership. If a team is willing to offer him 4x15 he likely won't be back in Sacramento. I love Holmes as well but I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay him that kind of $$ though.

I could see them trading Hield since Fox and Haliburton are the backcourt of the future, then use that money to re-sign Holmes.

The 2020/2021 Salary Cap is $109 million so 90% of that is $98 million. Knicks are around that and only OKC is like $7 million so they have to take the $7 million and pay it out evenly to the players on the roster. They are around $100 million next year. I think Hield would traded for multiple players to fill the roster.

Notoriously cheap but paying Hield $23 million, Barnes $20 million, Fox starts his max $28 million next year.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,886

Post#306 » by Merit » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:56 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
Merit wrote:
Badonkadonk wrote:I honestly don't get why the Knicks would pass him up. Noel and Robinson are injured, so they're desperate for both playoffs and at that position. They also have the cap room to outright absorb him off of waivers.

I hope he makes it to the Raps, just don't get it.

Nobody wants a player on their team who isn't actually interested in playing for them. Noel isn't a long term injury. They also have Taj Gibson, and Robinson can come back in time for the playoffs if the Knicks make it there. Not enough playing time down the road, IMO. There are also agents at play who look to do the best for their clients. I'm sure Birch's agent would encourage teams to pass on him so he can get to the Raptors.

The key word here for me is "home". Nobody in the NBA can fault someone for wanting to go home.

Al Leiter says hi.

If Kawhi Leonard finishes his career in California, then I give him a pass.

The BlueJays paid Al Leiter to soak his finger in pickle juice for 1 and a half seasons. Then, when finally healed, he has a good part of a season and then buggers off home to Florida, only to stay there a short time before turning up in New York. So much for the I miss home BS.

If you come home, fine, but don't use that as your excuse unless you are being sincere. I think Birch wants to play for Nurse more than he wants to come home.

Fair enough, and I also think that the more we can create an environment where Canadian players are interested in playing, it’s to our advantage.
I believe in Masai.
Rodrickle
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#307 » by Rodrickle » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:39 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
Rodrickle wrote:
youngRAPZ wrote:I think I’d give him between 10-13 and maybe as high as 15max anything else and he can rot is Sacramento lol. I think he would do good here.

Why not? we'll have the cap space, he just entered his prime, top 5 shooting efficiency and fills a need perfectly. He's also known to be coachable and should fit our culture. He's definitely worth 15 mil/yr. I don't think Vivek would mind paying that though, as their new GM is big into analytics and know how impactful he is.

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,530

Post#308 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:39 am

Birch was pretty good but too bad he can't play in end of game situations
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,572

Post#309 » by bluerap23 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:05 pm

Psubs wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:I have a hard time seeing Sacramento willing to pay anything over the mid-level for him. They are a notoriously cheap ownership. If a team is willing to offer him 4x15 he likely won't be back in Sacramento. I love Holmes as well but I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay him that kind of $$ though.

I could see them trading Hield since Fox and Haliburton are the backcourt of the future, then use that money to re-sign Holmes.

The 2020/2021 Salary Cap is $109 million so 90% of that is $98 million. Knicks are around that and only OKC is like $7 million so they have to take the $7 million and pay it out evenly to the players on the roster. They are around $100 million next year. I think Hield would traded for multiple players to fill the roster.

Notoriously cheap but paying Hield $23 million, Barnes $20 million, Fox starts his max $28 million next year.

I agree - they may try to trade Hield or Barnes to open the space. They will not pay all 4.
Van_Trump
Veteran
And1: 1,266

Post#310 » by Van_Trump » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:54 am

Question: Is Birch expected to sign this year?
Or will he upset the tank too much?
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,126

Post#311 » by Plutonashfan » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:56 am

Stuff like this why the Raps fans are the Kings of the North, hilarious comments tongue n' cheek :D
The Champ is HERE!!!

Return to Toronto Raptors