ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, 7 Footer, Rhettmatic, niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred

User avatar
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
Posts: 6,306
And1: 10,195
Joined: Apr 04, 2017

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#121 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:51 pm

KL78192020 wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:Bulls fan in peace, I have a quick question. What kind of package would it take to entice the FO to part with Fred Vanvleet?


I'd do a sign and trade for Lauri. Raptors just need to sign Lowry back at the end the madness of a midget backcourt. How is Lauris defense?


how do you delete someone else's post
tecumseh18
RealGM
Posts: 14,098
And1: 6,421
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Location: Big green house
 

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#122 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:31 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:
KL78192020 wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:Bulls fan in peace, I have a quick question. What kind of package would it take to entice the FO to part with Fred Vanvleet?


I'd do a sign and trade for Lauri. Raptors just need to sign Lowry back at the end the madness of a midget backcourt. How is Lauris defense?


how do you delete someone else's post


Just report it. Let the mods do their job.
"Say asterisk one more time, m_____rf_____r!"
tecumseh18
RealGM
Posts: 14,098
And1: 6,421
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Location: Big green house
 

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#123 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:41 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:Theis as a 4 provides a much better pairing with Vooch and is easily a much better rim protector/rebounder than Lauri. He would be my priority signing over Lauri.


Is the Bulls plan is to re-sign Theis to be a starting PF? He would certainly fill a need on the Raps for a C who can stretch the floor. I thought we could sign him (or Kelly O.) outright this summer for within the MLE.
"Say asterisk one more time, m_____rf_____r!"
MalagaBulls
Analyst
Posts: 3,227
And1: 1,136
Joined: Dec 15, 2013
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))
       

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#124 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:59 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:Theis as a 4 provides a much better pairing with Vooch and is easily a much better rim protector/rebounder than Lauri. He would be my priority signing over Lauri.


Is the Bulls plan is to re-sign Theis to be a starting PF? He would certainly fill a need on the Raps for a C who can stretch the floor. I thought we could sign him (or Kelly O.) outright this summer for within the MLE.
Well, he is playing the 4 as a starter. On some rotations he switches back to the 5 when Vooch comes out.
We have his Bird rights but if someone wants him bad enough and offers him significantly more than the mid-level exception he might take the money. By that I mean something over 10-11M per year.
Ell Curry
Veteran
Posts: 2,587
And1: 505
Joined: Oct 27, 2001
Location: Newfoundland

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#125 » by Ell Curry » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:36 pm

Yeah, I think the Markannen deal would require a ton less value than VanVleet. Maybe something like this:

1) We sign and trade Lowry to let's say Philly for a guaranteed George Hill and Tyrese Maxey, Philly gives Lowry the extra year for a small discount and he signs for say 50/3, leaving us with about 12M in cap space

2) We sign and trade in Markkanen (for say 55/3) for Boucher and then the Bulls get him to start at the 4 (should fit with Vucevic well enough) in a Vucevic-Boucher-Williams-Lavine-____ lineup with Chicago having a fair bit of cap space since they can save 8M by letting Thad go to sign a starting PG and make White the 6th man.

We'd look like this:

Markannen/Birch/Gillespie
Siakam/OG
OG/#10
Trent/Maxey
VanVleet/Flynn

Young team, same old problem of not enough halfcourt scoring in the form of a wing star, but ideally the #10 pick would be that sort of prospect. We'd sign someone a wing for the MLE since we stay over the tax, could see us being into a Diallo or Bruce Brown type.
Where's the D?
tecumseh18
RealGM
Posts: 14,098
And1: 6,421
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Location: Big green house
 

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#126 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:24 am

Rule 1 on Twitter - don't look at other teams' fan boy trade ideas.

Read on Twitter
"Say asterisk one more time, m_____rf_____r!"
User avatar
JuelzSantana
Pro Prospect
Posts: 858
And1: 1,291
Joined: May 29, 2016
 

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#127 » by JuelzSantana » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:55 am

tecumseh18 wrote:Rule 1 on Twitter - don't look at other teams' fan boy trade ideas.

Read on Twitter


This trade is so bad. Hield is useless without the ball in his hands. Barnes is like a fringe starter. OG is more valuable than both of these guys combined.
User avatar
UnbelievablyRAW
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,613
And1: 1,732
Joined: Oct 29, 2011
     

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#128 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 am

tecumseh18 wrote:Rule 1 on Twitter - don't look at other teams' fan boy trade ideas.

Read on Twitter



That trade benefits Toronto in no ways lmao
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
MalagaBulls
Analyst
Posts: 3,227
And1: 1,136
Joined: Dec 15, 2013
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))
       

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#129 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:04 pm

Would you peeps be onboard with this off season?

Trade that goes like this with Raptors:

Chicago out: S&T Lauri for 4/58M w/ year 4 TO (14.5M AAV), PWill (7.2M next season), Arci (3M next season) - Total Salary 24.7M
Chicago in: Fred VanVleet (19.6M), Chris Boucher (7M) - Total salary 26.6M

Toronto in: Lauri, PWill, Arci
Toronto out: FVV, CBoucher
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 17,382
And1: 3,885
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
Location: Section 118
     

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#130 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:57 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:Rule 1 on Twitter - don't look at other teams' fan boy trade ideas.

Read on Twitter


The Kings move Hields contract which isn't exactly something I would consider an asset to Toronto along with Barnes who is okay this season;

End up with the two best players (by a wide margin) in the deal in OG and Turner and Toronto gives away a 1st and Boucher for the privilege of being involved.

:o
Image
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
RapsFan008
Junior
Posts: 305
And1: 252
Joined: Mar 05, 2021
 

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#131 » by RapsFan008 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:16 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:Would you peeps be onboard with this off season?

Trade that goes like this with Raptors:

Chicago out: S&T Lauri for 4/58M w/ year 4 TO (14.5M AAV), PWill (7.2M next season), Arci (3M next season) - Total Salary 24.7M
Chicago in: Fred VanVleet (19.6M), Chris Boucher (7M) - Total salary 26.6M

Toronto in: Lauri, PWill, Arci
Toronto out: FVV, CBoucher


Yes, I would do that deal. Not that high on Lauri, but for PWill that might be worth it.
douggood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,820
And1: 1,706
Joined: Jun 13, 2001

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#132 » by douggood » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:32 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:Would you peeps be onboard with this off season?

Trade that goes like this with Raptors:

Chicago out: S&T Lauri for 4/58M w/ year 4 TO (14.5M AAV), PWill (7.2M next season), Arci (3M next season) - Total Salary 24.7M
Chicago in: Fred VanVleet (19.6M), Chris Boucher (7M) - Total salary 26.6M

Toronto in: Lauri, PWill, Arci
Toronto out: FVV, CBoucher

the bulls will never ever x100 do this (trade pwill) for just a solid pg.
Raptorfan2012
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,730
And1: 2,858
Joined: Mar 25, 2012

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#133 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:16 pm

How do people feel about Spencer Dinwiddie here? A big playmaking guard who can compliment FVV and Pascal by being the main ball handler. Tore his ACL this season and has a $12-13M player option. Don't know what sort of form he will come back to, but I doubt the Nets will extend him given their salary situation.
User avatar
UnbelievablyRAW
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,613
And1: 1,732
Joined: Oct 29, 2011
     

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#134 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Sat May 1, 2021 10:50 am

Raptorfan2012 wrote:How do people feel about Spencer Dinwiddie here? A big playmaking guard who can compliment FVV and Pascal by being the main ball handler. Tore his ACL this season and has a $12-13M player option. Don't know what sort of form he will come back to, but I doubt the Nets will extend him given their salary situation.



Would probably be looking to go to a situation where he gets more minutes to show he’s not washed and/or a team with starter minutes. I can see the Knicks, Bulls, Heat going after him
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
User avatar
UnbelievablyRAW
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,613
And1: 1,732
Joined: Oct 29, 2011
     

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#135 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Sat May 1, 2021 11:14 am

Also have no interest in Lauri. Not a good defender and his offense isn’t great enough to make up for it. A stretch 4 who is meh with the ball in his hands and sucks at defense. Plus he wants to get paid? Nah
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
MessiahUjiri
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,728
And1: 2,782
Joined: Dec 16, 2014
Contact:

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#136 » by MessiahUjiri » Sat May 1, 2021 3:29 pm

Our 2 biggest needs are a Mobile starting big, and a playmaking shooter wing man with size. We’ll have something like 18M in cap space. If we don’t use it all, we also get the MLE + BAE assuming Lowry walks.


Big:

Go after Richaun Holmes. He can grab boards (8.7 rpg), and is a great midrange shooter (60% within 16 feet). He’s also a mobile defensive body, and we’ve seen how mobile bigs can make a big difference with this team.

Would Holmes sign for the full MLE? (ie 9.7M). A backup plan might be Theis or Drummond, whoever agrees to sign for that amount.


Playmaking Wing Shooter
IMO we also need one more playmaker/shooter wing off the bench, to be our super sub. Looking at this years FA, the most gettable good one seems like Fournier. Offer him like 12-14M out of our ~18M cap space.


Fred / Malachi
Gary T / E Fournier
OG /
Pascal / Boucher
Richaun (or Theis or Drummond) / Khem B

That’s the 9 man rotation. Fill in the rest with BPA Picks, Yuta & Bembry.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.


AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
User avatar
Psubs
RealGM
Posts: 11,783
And1: 7,662
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#137 » by Psubs » Sat May 1, 2021 4:24 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:Also have no interest in Lauri. Not a good defender and his offense isn’t great enough to make up for it. A stretch 4 who is meh with the ball in his hands and sucks at defense. Plus he wants to get paid? Nah


The Bulls need a PG until White develops send them George Hill for Thaddeus Young.

PG Hill - White
SG Lavine - Satoransky
SF Williams - FA
PF Theis - Lauri
C Vucevic - Theis

So Toronto gets Seth Curry, Paul Reed and expiring Thaddeus Young for Lowry. :nod:

Seth and Thad are able to start if any injuries or slumps. I would do the trade even without Reed. :D

PG FVV - Flynn - Harris
SG Trent/Seth - 1st pick/Watson
SF OG - Young - Yuta
PF Siakam - Boucher - Young
C Birch - Boucher/Gillespie
Image
User avatar
Psubs
RealGM
Posts: 11,783
And1: 7,662
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#138 » by Psubs » Sat May 1, 2021 4:27 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:Our 2 biggest needs are a Mobile starting big, and a playmaking shooter wing man with size. We’ll have something like 18M in cap space. If we don’t use it all, we also get the MLE + BAE assuming Lowry walks.


Big:

Go after Richaun Holmes. He can grab boards (8.7 rpg), and is a great midrange shooter (60% within 16 feet). He’s also a mobile defensive body, and we’ve seen how mobile bigs can make a big difference with this team.

Would Holmes sign for the full MLE? (ie 9.7M). A backup plan might be Theis or Drummond, whoever agrees to sign for that amount.


Playmaking Wing Shooter
IMO we also need one more playmaker/shooter wing off the bench, to be our super sub. Looking at this years FA, the most gettable good one seems like Fournier. Offer him like 12-14M out of our ~18M cap space.


Fred / Malachi
Gary T / E Fournier
OG /
Pascal / Boucher
Richaun (or Theis or Drummond) / Khem B

That’s the 9 man rotation. Fill in the rest with BPA Picks, Yuta & Bembry.


Holmes won't leave Sacrmento unless you offer $15+ million.

Fournier has been poor playing on a playoff calibre team in Boston. Just trade Lowry for Seth Curry.
Image
MessiahUjiri
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,728
And1: 2,782
Joined: Dec 16, 2014
Contact:

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#139 » by MessiahUjiri » Sat May 1, 2021 5:09 pm

Psubs wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:Our 2 biggest needs are a Mobile starting big, and a playmaking shooter wing man with size. We’ll have something like 18M in cap space. If we don’t use it all, we also get the MLE + BAE assuming Lowry walks.


Big:

Go after Richaun Holmes. He can grab boards (8.7 rpg), and is a great midrange shooter (60% within 16 feet). He’s also a mobile defensive body, and we’ve seen how mobile bigs can make a big difference with this team.

Would Holmes sign for the full MLE? (ie 9.7M). A backup plan might be Theis or Drummond, whoever agrees to sign for that amount.


Playmaking Wing Shooter
IMO we also need one more playmaker/shooter wing off the bench, to be our super sub. Looking at this years FA, the most gettable good one seems like Fournier. Offer him like 12-14M out of our ~18M cap space.


Fred / Malachi
Gary T / E Fournier
OG /
Pascal / Boucher
Richaun (or Theis or Drummond) / Khem B

That’s the 9 man rotation. Fill in the rest with BPA Picks, Yuta & Bembry.


Holmes won't leave Sacrmento unless you offer $15+ million.

Fournier has been poor playing on a playoff calibre team in Boston. Just trade Lowry for Seth Curry.



Holmes probably sees this as his only big payday, so yeah - if Sac opens up the wallet for him, he stays. Basically he’s just going to the highest bidder.

Fournier hasn’t fit in Boston because of their ball dominant players (Tatum / Brown), but that’s exactly why he would be looking to move on to a newer team. The talent is there for him to be a super sub.

We’re not giving up our entire cap space to help a division rival for Seth Curry, unless Philly attaches more assets, which they don’t seem to be willing to do.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.


AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
User avatar
Psubs
RealGM
Posts: 11,783
And1: 7,662
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#140 » by Psubs » Sat May 1, 2021 5:33 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:Holmes probably sees this as his only big payday, so yeah - if Sac opens up the wallet for him, he stays. Basically he’s just going to the highest bidder.

Fournier hasn’t fit in Boston because of their ball dominant players (Tatum / Brown), but that’s exactly why he would be looking to move on to a newer team. The talent is there for him to be a super sub.

We’re not giving up our entire cap space to help a division rival for Seth Curry, unless Philly attaches more assets, which they don’t seem to be willing to do.


Seth Curry is the scorer you want and is underpaid like Jordan Clarkson.

Fournier isn't a good defender, even though Curry isn't the greatest but I trust Curry's shot more.

I'm fine with just letting Watson play for the min. He can be like Tony Snell.

I'd rather give the $12 million to Kelly Olynyk than Evan Fournier. Kelly is a good passer and a comparable playmaker to Fournier considering their positions. Give Birch a Baynes like contract.

Does anyone doubt that if the Raptors had Birch and Gillespie instead of Baynes and Len from the start of the season, they wouldn't be at least be around 34-30 fighting with the Knicks, Hawks,Celtics and Heat for the #4 seed.

Still wouldn't be contenders and just lose in the 1st or 2nd round at best. Then they'd be drafting around #18 which is where I was looking pre-season. :D I was looking at Kai Jones, Josh Christopher and Isaiah Todd. :nod:
Image

Return to Toronto Raptors