ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,434

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1761 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:44 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Sorry if this has been suggested, but what are your thoughts on either of these two trades:

Trade 1: Coby White for Chris Boucher

Trade 2: Coby White & Lauri Markannen (sign & trade) for Boucher and Dragic

That's pretty fair value. I'd do this.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Post#1762 » by Spida888 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:52 pm

SunBoy wrote:It is a little confusing as to why management went the "younger" / rebuild route with Barnes and decided not to sell Siakam for the reported Warriors package. They could've scooped up some talent and possibly been in contention sooner than if they had this current core.

Could be the hypothetical GSW package may have never been on the table.

Hollinger initially "suggested" that Siakam is a name that should be considered when GSW was allegedly dangling 7th pick + Wiseman. Our board (myself inclusive lol) ran with that idea and came up with different permutations like Siakam for 7 + 14 + Wiseman + Wiggins.

From numerous articles it seem like GSW was saving that grand offer for bigger stars like Beal/Lillard.

OTOH maybe some form of that trade package was offered but our FO doesn't think too highly of Kuminga after we scouted and worked him out.

Personally, I would have taken some form of that offer if it included Kuminga + Moody.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#1763 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:29 am

HomoSapien wrote:Sorry if this has been suggested, but what are your thoughts on either of these two trades:

I would do both. The first one we have a bit of a log jam at the guard spot after so if it’s expanded where dragic goes elsewhere for a big I’d like it. That’s why I like the 2nd one, balances the roster

Fred / Flynn
Trent Jr / White
OG / Barnes
Siakam / Markannen
Birch / Precious
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#1764 » by duppyy » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:31 am

You guys need a Centre like Boucher?
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#1765 » by h4rrison » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:30 am

Let’s bring back JV!!

Pels need a shooting big and we have Boucher to give them.

How about JV/Sato for Boucher/Dragic?
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#1766 » by HomoSapien » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:47 am

duppyy wrote:

At the center spot we're fairly set with Vuc and Tony Bradley, but we don't have a single PF on the roster. Patrick Williams will likely start there and be a "modern" 4, but it'd be good to have someone with true size at that spot. Outside of Bradley, we don't have anyone who can block shots.

I haven't seen a ton of Boucher outside of when the Bulls and Raptors have played but I've always found him to be impressive. I know he's listed as a center, but is he capable of playing the 4? Also, outside of blocking shots, how would you rate his defense?
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#1767 » by inrapscity » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:24 am

If you can get Wiseman+Kuminga for Siakam, do it. Better timeline. I like their potential.

Wiseman +Kuminga +Barnes +OG+TrentJr+Flynn is nice young core.

Way better than Porzingis, his $30M per injury-prone contract.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#1768 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:51 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
duppyy wrote:

At the center spot we're fairly set with Vuc and Tony Bradley, but we don't have a single PF on the roster. Patrick Williams will likely start there and be a "modern" 4, but it'd be good to have someone with true size at that spot. Outside of Bradley, we don't have anyone who can block shots.

I haven't seen a ton of Boucher outside of when the Bulls and Raptors have played but I've always found him to be impressive. I know he's listed as a center, but is he capable of playing the 4? Also, outside of blocking shots, how would you rate his defense?

I'd say Boucher is a solid defensively. Not amazing, but solid. He can get put in some difficult situations due to his smaller frame but outside of banging in the post, he's good.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#1769 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:56 pm

inrapscity wrote:If you can get Wiseman+Kuminga for Siakam, do it. Better timeline. I like their potential.

Id really push to have Moody added to the deal to but yeah, I think if we're going young, let's go young. No point in half assing it. We can always add veterans in free agency.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,606

Post#1770 » by StopitLeo » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:06 pm

inrapscity wrote:If you can get Wiseman+Kuminga for Siakam, do it. Better timeline. I like their potential.

GSW is going to be under a lot of pressure to add talent this year after giving Curry that extension. I wonder if they are going to see how things go to begin the season or if they will make a move sooner? Pascal for their prospects makes too much sense. Dragic would look pretty good for them as well, but that’s a pipe dream.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#1771 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:53 pm

I would do Trade 1;
While we have FVV and Flynn, I think we need another proper PG.
Coby White ticks that box along with being 21 and on the books with his rookie deal for two more seasons.

Trade 2:
Maybe I am still emotionally scarred by the Bargnani Era but I am not sure Markkanen fits in with what Nurse is trying to do on the floor. If this was last summer and we had a full season on his rookie deal to evaluate him maybe? but having to pay his cost of admission which seems high is something that puts me off a little.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
10giz
Senior
And1: 661

Post#1772 » by 10giz » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:25 am

Morris_Shatford wrote:

I would do Trade 1;
While we have FVV and Flynn, I think we need another proper PG.
Coby White ticks that box along with being 21 and on the books with his rookie deal for two more seasons.

Trade 2:
Maybe I am still emotionally scarred by the Bargnani Era but I am not sure Markkanen fits in with what Nurse is trying to do on the floor. If this was last summer and we had a full season on his rookie deal to evaluate him maybe? but having to pay his cost of admission which seems high is something that puts me off a little.

Forget about that. Always take assets.

Especially now when guys like Porzingis, Markannen, Colby etc...can be had at a legit discount. Doesn't matter how they fit, they will raise their value here.

You never know when a stud will be placed on the trade block. Young players with pedigree are always valuable to have.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,341

Post#1773 » by alpngso » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:38 am

i think the Coby White for Boucher is interesting one. Raps need bench guard who can create his shot and can move Boucher since we have glut of forwards
Bowdystuda
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#1774 » by Bowdystuda » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:37 pm

Now that everything has settled, I still would be attacking Golden state for a trade.

To Toronto- Andrew Wiggens, Johnathan Kuminga, Moses Moody and James Wiseman

To Golden State- Pascal Siakam and Goran Dragic.

PG- Van Vleet/Flynn
SG- Trent Jr/Moody
SF- OG/Wiggens/Kuminga
PF- Barnes/Boucher
C- Wiseman/Precious/Birch

I think this trade really sets us up for the future. A core of

Guards- Flynn/Moody
Wings- OG/Barnes/Kuminga
Bigs- Wiseman/Precious

That could would set up our wings and bigs for the next 10 years. Then you have some assets to make a splurge on a star. Having VanVleet, Wiggens, Trent Jr and Boucher as trade chips might get you a star depending on how those assets are used. Especially if we add picks. With proper development, that team is a stud PG away from title contention.

Golden State will get that power forward they need and also get a great guard which Bob Myers is looking for. This will also push them all in. Will probably pick up some bought out players at the deadline to fill any gaps.

Guards: Curry/Thompson/Dragic/Poole
Wings: Siakam/Porter Jr/Bjelica/Iguodala
Bigs: Draymond/Looney
kirkwood
Starter
And1: 1,718

Post#1775 » by kirkwood » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:58 pm

SunBoy wrote:It is a little confusing as to why management went the "younger" / rebuild route with Barnes and decided not to sell Siakam for the reported Warriors package. They could've scooped up some talent and possibly been in contention sooner than if they had this current core.

Because Siakim will still have the same or higher value at the trade deadline, where as any or all the GS draft picks could be busts by then with zero value.

Raps need to see the true value before trading
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#1776 » by Rapsfan07 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:55 am

kirkwood wrote:

Because Siakim will still have the same or higher value at the trade deadline, where as any or all the GS draft picks could be busts by then with zero value.

Siakam could also come back and be worse. He could come back and get catastrophically injured. It could really go either way and if a Kuminga, Moody, Wiseman and Wiggins package was on the table for Siakam, I personally would not gamble. I'd just take the package. We're rebuilding anyway. Sell the vets as fast as possible, for as much as possible and let the young guys player.

Not doing anyone any favours by prolonging the inevitable.
raptoratode
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#1777 » by raptoratode » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:15 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:

I would do both. The first one we have a bit of a log jam at the guard spot after so if it’s expanded where dragic goes elsewhere for a big I’d like it. That’s why I like the 2nd one, balances the roster

Fred / Flynn
Trent Jr / White
OG / Barnes
Siakam / Markannen
Birch / Precious

I like trade 2 as well!

If allowed, I'd flip Lauri to IND for Turner; IMO Lauri's a better fit alongside Sabonis, Carlyle would probably like him, cheaper contract for them too in 2021, Lauri can use this year as a prove it year, etc.

We get a shot-blocking, legit size C to match up with Embiid. Love the contract too guaranteed until 2023...

Turner/Birch
Pascal/Precious
OG/Scottie
GTJ/Coby
FVV/Flynn
c3luong
Senior
And1: 343

Post#1778 » by c3luong » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:43 pm

It's crazy that I'm the only one that would do neither deal. Doesn't make sense to trade away our third best player right now for Markkanen who we could have just signed for nothing (if we wanted him, we could have made space), and Coby who probably will never turn into anything (wish him the best, but just being realistic).

And I value wins next year very little...but you gotta get more (e.g. anything of value?) back for Boucher.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#1779 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
kirkwood wrote:

Siakam could also come back and be worse. He could come back and get catastrophically injured. It could really go either way and if a Kuminga, Moody, Wiseman and Wiggins package was on the table for Siakam, I personally would not gamble. I'd just take the package. We're rebuilding anyway. Sell the vets as fast as possible, for as much as possible and let the young guys player.

Not doing anyone any favours by prolonging the inevitable.

Masai maybe values Siakam more than those guys. :lol:
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,627

Post#1780 » by Bruin » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:12 pm

c3luong wrote:It's crazy that I'm the only one that would do neither deal. Doesn't make sense to trade away our third best player right now for Markkanen who we could have just signed for nothing (if we wanted him, we could have made space), and Coby who probably will never turn into anything (wish him the best, but just being realistic).

And I value wins next year very little...but you gotta get more (e.g. anything of value?) back for Boucher.

Bouchers our 3rd best player?

Return to Toronto Raptors