ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1881 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:41 pm

bongmarley wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:Would ya'all trade Dragic for Bledsoe??

To Houston - Dragic(bought out) + Kennard + Ibaka(Bought out)

To LAC - John Wall

To Toronto - Bledsoe

I think that getting into the middle of a Wall trade to end up with something that suits us better than Dragic is a good call;

Bledsoe is horrible, i'd rather just let Dragic walk at end of year then take back extra salary for a bad player

is Bledsoe worth the luxury tax? probably not. and he only had a real bad season last year - he's been pretty decent throughout most of his career. wrong side of 30 though. but he's not horrible. we already have Flynn but I would have to say Bledsoe is probably the better player right now unless Flynn has really picked it up over 1 year. but is he $18M + 19M good? eh... most likely not being 31+ now.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#1882 » by navyblue » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:45 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
bongmarley wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:
I think that getting into the middle of a Wall trade to end up with something that suits us better than Dragic is a good call;

Bledsoe is horrible, i'd rather just let Dragic walk at end of year then take back extra salary for a bad player

is Bledsoe worth the luxury tax? probably not. and he only had a real bad season last year - he's been pretty decent throughout most of his career. wrong side of 30 though. but he's not horrible. we already have Flynn but I would have to say Bledsoe is probably the better player right now unless Flynn has really picked it up over 1 year. but is he $18M + 19M good? eh... most likely not being 31+ now.

dragic > bledsoe (by a hair imo)
dragic fit with raptors > bledsoe fit
Dragic pure expiring contract > bledsoe partial guarantee on 2nd season.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1883 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:49 pm

navyblue wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
bongmarley wrote:

dragic > bledsoe (by a hair imo)
dragic fit with raptors > bledsoe fit
Dragic pure expiring contract > bledsoe partial guarantee on 2nd season.

I'm not saying I would rather have Bledsoe than Dragic, I'm just strictly saying if we somehow come across a multiple team trade and we get picks and assets along the way + Bledsoe.

if you're trading Dragic in a trade - we're talking potential pick(s), young player(s) etc in any trade with Dragic. Bledsoe is there to make the salaries work.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,568

Post#1884 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:21 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
bongmarley wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:

Are we not under the luxury tax?? And Bledose makes less than Dragic does this year too. I mean, I get the trepidation, but it wouldn't be the worst return. I wouldn't mind seeing Bledsoe in a bench role back-up 2 beside flynn.

The 2nd year would be an issue with a boucher extension coming up...

In Raptor Ball I Trust
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1885 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:41 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
bongmarley wrote:

Are we not under the luxury tax?? And Bledose makes less than Dragic does this year too. I mean, I get the trepidation, but it wouldn't be the worst return. I wouldn't mind seeing Bledsoe in a bench role back-up 2 beside flynn.

I do not think we are. I believe we are just over it at the moment. Anyways it doesn’t matter until end of season anyways.

Bledsoe would probably be just salary matching. We would get young assets etc if we traded him - well at least from all I’ve seen, it would be a bigger trade all in all. Boucher could possibly be see traded as well.

Who knows, it’s just an idea someone above put out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,929

Post#1886 » by Stannis » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:17 pm

Can I get a +1 ?
Free Palestine
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#1887 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:25 pm

bongmarley wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:Would ya'all trade Dragic for Bledsoe??

To Houston - Dragic(bought out) + Kennard + Ibaka(Bought out)

To LAC - John Wall

To Toronto - Bledsoe

I don't think Bledsoe is the only option out here;
Wall is over 40m of outbound salary which means there will be a lot of moving parts and in a transaction of this size and expiring 19m contract may be useful and allow for us to add some assets in the process.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#1888 » by Lord_Zedd » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:36 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

I do not think we are. I believe we are just over it at the moment. Anyways it doesn’t matter until end of season anyways.

Bledsoe would probably be just salary matching. We would get young assets etc if we traded him - well at least from all I’ve seen, it would be a bigger trade all in all. Boucher could possibly be see traded as well.

We're under the tax, but barely.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#1889 » by Dalek » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:41 pm

https://theboxand1.weebly.com/2022-draft-profiles/the-big-one-preseason-top-200

Amazingly detailed info on the top 200 prospects for the next draft.

Hardy, Holmgren and Banchero are at the top of the class, but if Toronto is mid lottery, the guys I am intrigued by are:

Nikola Jovic is a super sized creator to me and is going to be a steal for someone. He might be the best player in the class given his intelligence on court.
Spoiler:
Fantastic creator with the ball in his hands; growing confidence with his off-the-dribble jumper vaulting him from late-first rounder to a legitimate top-ten pick; long and lean primary option gaining a little more burst off the bounce; elite passer in all facets but is dangerous in open floor as rebound-and-run threat; young for the class: turns 19 in early-June; some defensive upside not just with his length but instincts as a help defender; continuing his athletic development so he can defend multiple spots and let his skill level pop in the NBA.

Caleb Houstan - Toronto kid with perfect wing skills - former Scottie teammate.

Spoiler:
Unbelievably confident wing shooter who lets it fly deep behind the 3-point line; really good length offsets the slightly slow nature of his shot; started to show some glimpses of creation off-the-bounce for others to aid his game if he's run off the line; in desperate need of additional strength to his frame; stands out as an elite help defender who will gain greater understanding on that end at Michigan; length means he can guard 2s or 3s and, if he adds bulk, smaller 4s; more a complimentary piece but an offensively and defensively balanced and high-level piece.

AJ Griffin - beast of a wing who needs more work on his jumper but is a freak athlete and natural scorer. Reminds me of Glen Robinson. He is also our assistant coach Adrian Griffin's son.

Spoiler:
Great transition athlete with already impressive physique; very slow and almost two-handed release on his jumper but the face-up space creation is there: pairing a jumper with it would unlock his offensive potential; tremendous footwork already; high defensive ceiling due to his athleticism, length and ability to play multiple positions; curious to see how his spot-up game looks when he plays off-ball at Duke; think he's overrated athletically in the half-court in terms of getting to the rim; hard to project where he's at after senior year cancelled due to COVID -- makes for a really difficult eval heading into the season.
Federalies
Rookie
And1: 1,424

Post#1890 » by Federalies » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:15 pm

Reggie who? :o :o :o

Read on Twitter
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1891 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:05 pm

Lord_Zedd wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

The Tax Level for the 2021-22 season is $136.606 million apparently.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/toronto-raptors/cap/ Raptors at 139M at this moment and time.
navyblue
Lead Assistant

Post#1892 » by navyblue » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:09 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Lord_Zedd wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:I do not think we are. I believe we are just over it at the moment. Anyways it doesn’t matter until end of season anyways.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/toronto-raptors/cap/ Raptors at 139M at this moment and time.

that 139 million on spotrac is counting 17 players, 2 of the non guaranteed played will be cut.

lets say freedie g and bonga get cut, that apx 3.2 mil dollars

raptors are under the tax then, bobby webster knows what he is doing. raptors are under the tax by 200k apx..
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1893 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:11 pm

navyblue wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Lord_Zedd wrote:

that 139 million on spotrac is counting 17 players, 2 of the non guaranteed played will be cut.

raptors are under the tax then, bobby webster knows what he is doing.

well he only needs to be under the tax threshold by end of the season no?
navyblue
Lead Assistant

Post#1894 » by navyblue » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:12 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
navyblue wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

raptors are under the tax then, bobby webster knows what he is doing.

well he only needs to be under the tax threshold by end of the season no?

yes, but we wont start the season in the tax either, close to it, but still under.
Gavin_TDThree
Senior
And1: 578

Post#1895 » by Gavin_TDThree » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:23 pm

I'm going to get flamed for this but I'll float it out there anyway :lol:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhwnexvt

Toronto In:
Zion
Hayes (salary filler)

Toronto Out:
OG
Flynn
2 Future Firsts

Why? The rumblings are that Zion wants out. The pelicans get a young high level 3 and D player, a decent PG prospect, and picks to sweeten the pot.

Raps get a young high level prospect to build our young core around.

Starting lineup of:

FVV
GTJ
Barnes
Zion
Achuiwa
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Post#1896 » by Spida888 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:13 pm

Gavin_TDThree wrote:I'm going to get flamed for this but I'll float it out there anyway :lol:

Toronto In:
Zion
Hayes (salary filler)

Toronto Out:
OG
Flynn
2 Future Firsts

Why? The rumblings are that Zion wants out. The pelicans get a young high level 3 and D player, a decent PG prospect, and picks to sweeten the pot.

Starting lineup of:

FVV
GTJ
Barnes
Zion
Achuiwa

I'm all about getting Zion if he's available, but that's not enough unfortunately especially when your trade machine link includes NAW :D.

More picks and possibly swaps would be asked. Zion is highly coveted around the league.

Zion was really giddy about playing in New York, so maybe he forces his way there if he asks out.

OKC would be able to offer the most draft compensation if that's what Pels are looking for.
Gavin_TDThree
Senior
And1: 578

Post#1897 » by Gavin_TDThree » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:25 pm

RapsFan008 wrote:
Gavin_TDThree wrote:I'm going to get flamed for this but I'll float it out there anyway :lol:

Toronto In:
Zion
Hayes (salary filler)

Toronto Out:
OG
Flynn
2 Future Firsts

Starting lineup of:

FVV
GTJ
Barnes
Zion
Achuiwa

I'm all about getting Zion if he's available, but that's not enough unfortunately especially when your trade machine link includes NAW :D.

More picks and possibly swaps would be asked. Zion is highly coveted around the league.

Zion was really giddy about playing in New York, so maybe he forces his way there if he asks out.

OKC would be able to offer the most draft compensation if that's what Pels are looking for.

I added NAW initially then realized that if they move Zion there's no way they'd also move NAW haha. Shooting for the stars. Hayes seems a little more reasonable as a salary filler.

I agree ref more picks or pick swaps. It'll be interesting to see what that package ends up looking like if (more likely when) he is moved.
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#1898 » by PT416 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:29 am

If we sent this offer to the Lakers do they accept:

To LA:
Fred VanVleet
Pascal Siakam
Scottie Barnes
OG Anunoby
Precious Achiuwa

To TOR:
Anthony Davis
Russell Westbrook

Just for fun, but I legit think this makes LAL a heavier contender than they are right now. And we're definitely getting fleeced here, I'm just curious, does LA do this?
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,627

Post#1899 » by arbsn » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:15 am

PT416 wrote:If we sent this offer to the Lakers do they accept:

To LA:
Fred VanVleet
Pascal Siakam
Scottie Barnes
OG Anunoby
Precious Achiuwa

To TOR:
Anthony Davis
Russell Westbrook

Just for fun, but I legit think this makes LAL a heavier contender than they are right now. And we're definitely getting fleeced here, I'm just curious, does LA do this?

Trade would never happen but I think it makes both teams better at least this year :lol: :lol:
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,200

Post#1900 » by Mark_83 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:16 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/264175/Bucks-Waive-Mamadi-Diakite-Sign-Javin-DeLaurier

Bucks finally waived Diakite. I hope Masai adds him, even though our roster is already so packed. 6'9 with a 7'3 wingspan, on a young stretch 4 that we can develop along the lines of Boucher.

First-year G-League stats:

18.5pts 10.4reb 2ast 2.1blk 58%fg 50%3pt 75%ft

Return to Toronto Raptors