ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#201 » by jimmy keys » Tue May 11, 2021 7:25 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
MikeG wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

This was the most adamant voice regarding your trade IMO and one I agree with. The other was one of our Mods, who always tries to "keep the peace" and "not offend anyone", take that for what it's worth, his favorite fence-straddling line is "But I've been known to be wrong before". If you consider that "entertaining the idea", your idea of that is different than mine.

This offer isn't an insult by any means but it clearly appears to be what TOR/fans would want, not what DEN/fans would want.

And for clarification purposes, it was a 2022 lottery-protected 1st you offered but since the Raps are clearly not a playoff team, it would end up as a 2023 FRP.

Raptors make the playoffs 7 straight years, with 6 division titles -- But play a season out of a hotel in Tampa for a year while their stars battle an international virus, and clowns over the internet write things like "clearly not a playoff team in 2022". Cant tell if just this troll is that dumb, or muricans in general. But overall, its just sad.

What, you can't handle the truth MikeG ??? I'm just responding to the intended offer, clarifying it to be presented as less ambiguous and conveying the true response the Nuggets fans had rather than allowing you TOR fans to mislead into believeing it was viable. And guess what, MikeG, EVERYONE is battling the COVID19 virus, not just your team. If you think that's trolling or being a clown because I pointed out the value of the draft pick that was being offered in a proposed deal, put your big boy pants on, it's just a fact, I never indicated this was a trend or any sort of indictment on your playoff run, just it wasn't in the cards for you THIS year. Stop WHINING, Man Up !! What's sad is that's what you take out of the whole conversation, rather than the fact one of your ,@JuelzSantanaown is trying to lead you into believing the Nuggets are going to trade Jamal Murray for FVV, a 30yo Boucher and a mid-to-late 1st because he got injured.....that sad and pathetic to misrepresent the validity to get And1's

"EVERYONE is battling the COVID19 virus". yeah that's not the same thing. did every team play 72 road games? it's not the same circumstances no matter how you try to twist it.

I always laugh when people get so offended by a random trade proposal on RealGM, like relax bud it has no bearing to your existence on this planet. calm the **** down. haha
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,186

Post#202 » by brownbobcat » Tue May 11, 2021 9:17 pm

skywalker33 wrote:What a joke, you or someone may have proposed that deal, but as a long-time Nuggets fan, I refuse to believe this was "entertained" or even received well. Most ACL injuries take 8-9mos and we're still going alright without Jamal, gives MPJ a chance to step up and develop further into a superstar. When Murray does return, we'll have an even more formidable offensive attack that already has chemistry. One Nuggets fan was open to conversation but not one endorsed it as a great idea....feels like someone here was embellishing the idea to get some responses, pretty pathetic IMO. Feel free to venture over to look in the Nuggets forum, Trade thread page 101/102, see if you feel the accuracy.

LMAO

I'm not saying it's a fair deal or anything, but I don't think you can realistically expect Murray back to form until 2023 or so.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,504

Post#203 » by zimpy27 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:39 pm

What is the chance of bringing back DeRozan in FA? I've heard the Raptors need a number one option who can score in isolation.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#204 » by skywalker33 » Wed May 12, 2021 1:29 am

jimmy keys wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
MikeG wrote:
Raptors make the playoffs 7 straight years, with 6 division titles -- But play a season out of a hotel in Tampa for a year while their stars battle an international virus, and clowns over the internet write things like "clearly not a playoff team in 2022". Cant tell if just this troll is that dumb, or muricans in general. But overall, its just sad.

What, you can't handle the truth MikeG ??? I'm just responding to the intended offer, clarifying it to be presented as less ambiguous and conveying the true response the Nuggets fans had rather than allowing you TOR fans to mislead into believeing it was viable. And guess what, MikeG, EVERYONE is battling the COVID19 virus, not just your team. If you think that's trolling or being a clown because I pointed out the value of the draft pick that was being offered in a proposed deal, put your big boy pants on, it's just a fact, I never indicated this was a trend or any sort of indictment on your playoff run, just it wasn't in the cards for you THIS year. Stop WHINING, Man Up !! What's sad is that's what you take out of the whole conversation, rather than the fact one of your ,@JuelzSantanaown is trying to lead you into believing the Nuggets are going to trade Jamal Murray for FVV, a 30yo Boucher and a mid-to-late 1st because he got injured.....that sad and pathetic to misrepresent the validity to get And1's

"EVERYONE is battling the COVID19 virus". yeah that's not the same thing. did every team play 72 road games? it's not the same circumstances no matter how you try to twist it.

I always laugh when people get so offended by a random trade proposal on RealGM, like relax bud it has no bearing to your existence on this planet. calm the **** down. haha

Interesting enough, don't anyone was OFFENDED, I thought it was reasonable. What offended me was the way it was presented as being considered by the Nuggets fans....but glad I could present you with a laugh, know you do the same over in my forum.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#205 » by skywalker33 » Wed May 12, 2021 1:32 am

brownbobcat wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:What a joke, you or someone may have proposed that deal, but as a long-time Nuggets fan, I refuse to believe this was "entertained" or even received well. Most ACL injuries take 8-9mos and we're still going alright without Jamal, gives MPJ a chance to step up and develop further into a superstar. When Murray does return, we'll have an even more formidable offensive attack that already has chemistry. One Nuggets fan was open to conversation but not one endorsed it as a great idea....feels like someone here was embellishing the idea to get some responses, pretty pathetic IMO. Feel free to venture over to look in the Nuggets forum, Trade thread page 101/102, see if you feel the accuracy.

LMAO

I'm not saying it's a fair deal or anything, but I don't think you can realistically expect Murray back to form until 2023 or so.

Two years ?? That's a pessimistic opinion given modern medicine
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,325

Post#206 » by alpngso » Wed May 12, 2021 1:40 am

:roll:
skywalker33 wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:

LMAO

Two years ?? That's a pessimistic opinion given modern medicine

He’s basically gonna come back around all star or post all-star next season not 100%. Murray 100% in 2022 is expecting a lot. so 2023 makes sense or at least around start of 22-23 season
brownbobcat
Head Coach
And1: 3,186

Post#207 » by brownbobcat » Wed May 12, 2021 4:57 am

alpngso wrote:He’s basically gonna come back around all star or post all-star next season not 100%. Murray 100% in 2022 is expecting a lot. so 2023 makes sense or at least around start of 22-23 season

That's exactly my thinking. He'll be back next year, but it will be quite optimistic to expect that he won't miss a beat.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,127

Post#208 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Wed May 12, 2021 5:14 am

Psubs wrote:
YelloC wrote:If Lowry leaves, would anyone be interested in trading Hood for Cojo.
The salaries match up in the trade checker and Cojo has continued to be a good backup since leaving.
Freddy seems to be somewhat injury prone so having an experienced backup seems important if Kyle is no longer here.
Nothing flashy but a solid culture fit.

Hood is a team option that I would just decline. Yuta does practically everything better than Hood. I don't know who would give him a roster spot next year? I think he'd have to go to the GLeague or overseas if he wants to keep playing. I'd rather give minutes to Jalen Harris and see if he can make it.

Detrot got CoJo and two 2nd round picks for Delon Wright.

Hood can be used to get another FRP. For example, Celtics are in the tax next year and still need to sign Fournier for next year.
After the season is over and before FA begins, trade Hood for TT + Celtics FRP(around 15th). Celtics waive Hood before FA starts. We get a big for a season we can bring off the bench. Also draft another first rounder to replenish the talent base.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
Jerry Lucas
Pro Prospect
And1: 756

Post#209 » by Jerry Lucas » Wed May 12, 2021 5:53 am

zimpy27 wrote:What is the chance of bringing back DeRozan in FA? I've heard the Raptors need a number one option who can score in isolation.

This number one option who can score in iso also has to be a three level scorer which a DeRozan type player isn't.
Tre Mann should have been a Top 10 Pick in the 2021 Draft

Team Find The Next Superstar Closer
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#210 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed May 12, 2021 10:34 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Psubs wrote:
YelloC wrote:If Lowry leaves, would anyone be interested in trading Hood for Cojo.
The salaries match up in the trade checker and Cojo has continued to be a good backup since leaving.
Freddy seems to be somewhat injury prone so having an experienced backup seems important if Kyle is no longer here.

Hood is a team option that I would just decline. Yuta does practically everything better than Hood. I don't know who would give him a roster spot next year? I think he'd have to go to the GLeague or overseas if he wants to keep playing. I'd rather give minutes to Jalen Harris and see if he can make it.

Hood can be used to get another FRP. For example, Celtics are in the tax next year and still need to sign Fournier for next year.
After the season is over and before FA begins, trade Hood for TT + Celtics FRP(around 15th). Celtics waive Hood before FA starts. We get a big for a season we can bring off the bench. Also draft another first rounder to replenish the talent base.

No TT in Nurse ball. Non starter. Plus TT no longer likes Brampton.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,321

Post#211 » by douggood » Wed May 12, 2021 1:09 pm

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
Psubs wrote:

cannot happen, the league changed rules, for hood to be part of trade, raptors will have to guarantee his contract. Only guaranteed portions of contracts can be used in salary matching. thus this negates the benefit to celtics. on the other hand we have cap room if we want to do that. but on the other hand a mid 1st is too much to get off 10 mil contract of a passable player.

also cujo will be 100% waived, the reason pistons traded for him is that is contract is only guranteed for like 2.4 million out of 13.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#212 » by Ell Curry » Wed May 12, 2021 5:58 pm

I'm thinking about Oladipo again. He makes a ton of sense if Lowry gets signed and traded (maybe to Miami for him) or leaves if we believe he can get healthy and be our starting 2 guard. Maybe we give him like 70/3 and the 3rd year is a team option? First year is the real contract, 2nd year worst case he's still an expiring and then 3rd year up to us.
Where's the D?
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,630

Post#213 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Wed May 12, 2021 8:44 pm

My dream scenario is we get a top 4 pick and then look to move all 3 of Pascal/FVV/Kyle for picks and young players.

I'd trade Pascal to the Warriors for the 5th-6th pick, Wiseman and cap filler
Trade FVV to the Knicks for a FRP, Mitchell or Noel and Knox (the draw of the trade is the big, Knox is a throw in)
Sign and trade Lowry ideally to the Lakers for KCP, Dennis and their 2021 FRP (in the low 20s)

If we get into the top 4 we are guaranteed one of Mobley, Suggs (ideal) or Green and the Warriors pick falls in line to get Scottie Barnes. Use the Lakers pick to take a flyer on some of those guys that were projected high and fell like Springer, Mann, Zhaire

We draft one of them and go into the season with a complete rebuild done in one offseason.

Dennis/Flynn
Suggs(or Green)/Trent/KCP
OG/Knox/Watson/Watanabe
Barnes/OG/Freddie
Wiseman/Noel/Birch

No real money on the books, everyone is young and we are in position to develop young guys with actual upside. I personally don't want Dennis but unless we can move him for a pick he's probably the starting PG. This of course would never happen because Pascal just bought a house for his mom and the Raptors damn near post FVV every day. Would be a PR disaster to clean house this offseason
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#214 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:36 am

I mean I could see one big move like Paskal to the Magic for Otto Porter and that second lotto pick. Fred is not going anywhere and I think Lowry signed and traded would mean we have to take back players we do not want so the cap space is preferred. Masai and Bobby are not likely to go too BC retrofitting all in one offseason.

But imagine we got two of Keon Johnson, Moses Moody, Davion Mitchell and Scottie Barnes. We use Lowry capspace to sign GTjr. Once Rich Paul is happy with the quick offer for GTjr we offer sheet his client Talen Horton Tucker. Maybe you get him and maybe you do not.

OG, Fred, GTjr., THT, Davion Mitchell, Scottie Barnes, Otto Porter Jr., Malachi Flynn, Chris Boucher, Khem Birch, Freddy Gillespie, Yuta Watanabe, Bembry, Jalen Harris, Paul Watson, The 43rd and the 47th picks. At least Nurse will not be able to go 8 deep. Losing Paskal would hurt something fierce but nobody could challenge the desire to completely change direction and trajectory.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,973

Post#215 » by tecumseh18 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:41 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:I mean I could see one big move like Paskal to the Magic for Otto Porter and that second lotto pick. Fred is not going anywhere and I think Lowry signed and traded would mean we have to take back players we do not want so the cap space is preferred. Masai and Bobby are not likely to go too BC retrofitting all in one offseason.

But imagine we got two of Keon Johnson, Moses Moody, Davion Mitchell and Scottie Barnes. We use Lowry capspace to sign GTjr. Once Rich Paul is happy with the quick offer for GTjr we offer sheet his client Talen Horton Tucker. Maybe you get him and maybe you do not.

OG, Fred, GTjr., THT, Davion Mitchell, Scottie Barnes, Otto Porter Jr., Malachi Flynn, Chris Boucher, Khem Birch, Freddy Gillespie, Yuta Watanabe, Bembry, Jalen Harris, Paul Watson, The 43rd and the 47th picks. At least Nurse will not be able to go 8 deep. Losing Paskal would hurt something fierce but nobody could challenge the desire to completely change direction and trajectory.

Pascal for a top 4 pick is a no-brainer. But not for a lotto pick further down. Except for the low ceiling high floor types like Moody, we really don't know how these guys are going to end up. Meanwhile, Pascal is really good, and may improve after having a full off-season to polish up his game.

I'd only trade Pascal (for a top 4) because the extent to which he can possibly be better is already reflected in his salary. But otherwise, I believe in the guy.

Anyway, Orlando already have Isaac. They don't need Pascal.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,139

Post#216 » by Mark_83 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:37 am

What do you guys think of signing Toronto kid Kelly Olynyk this off-season to be our stopgap center?

He's an unrestricted free agent and seems to be having a career renaissance with the Rockets at the age of 30.

He's 6'11 240lbs and offensively seems to have a lot of things Nurse looks for in a big man: passing, IQ, shooting, versatility.

Unfortunately, he has a poor wingspan and isn't considered a good defender. Also the Raptors might be content to just run with Birch and Freddie who seem to fit in well.

Still, the numbers with Houston are interesting, and we have more than enough cap space.

18.9pts 8.6reb 3.7ast 1.4stl 0.6blk
56.1%fg 38.2%3pt 85%ft

tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#217 » by tecumseh18 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:48 am

Mark_83 wrote:What do you guys think of signing Toronto kid Kelly Olynyk this off-season to be our stopgap center?

He's an unrestricted free agent and seems to be having a career renaissance with the Rockets at the age of 30.

He's 6'11 240lbs and offensively seems to have a lot of things Nurse looks for in a big man: passing, IQ, shooting, versatility.

Unfortunately, he has a poor wingspan and isn't considered a good defender. Also the Raptors might be content to just run with Birch and Freddie who seem to fit in well.

Still, the numbers with Houston are interesting, and we have more than enough cap space.

56.1%fg 38.2%3pt 85%ft

Yes, Kelly wasn't shooting very well (his only plus skill) with the Heat. He was hitting 3's at about a 30% clip - i.e. where Pascal is now. But he's completely turned it around with the Rockets.

The Raps now have Birch (who is solid) and Freddie G. (who I think has a lot of upside). But as has often been noted, Pascal would have an easier time of it with a floor stretching C. And we've seen lately that Khem and Freddie can't handle stronger Cs like RoLo, Zubac and JV.

So here are my questions:

1. Is Kelly big enough to slow down the really big Cs in the league?
2. Will Kelly take the MLE, and Birch the BAE (~4 mill), if the Raps use up their cap space on signing their own Bird Rights players - including Kyle either on the S&T or a straight re-signing - back?
3. If Kyle walks, would we use up the cap space on signing Kelly (for say 12 mill), plus Birch (for say 8 mill), or would Birch take the room exception (~5 mill)?

Speaking of RoLo, I can't be the only one who was impressed the way he played against us a few weeks ago, especially hitting all those FTs down the stretch. He must be like a 90% FT shooter. I'd try to pick him up, but it makes no sense for the Raps to have three Cs who can't shoot from outside.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,139

Post#218 » by Mark_83 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:55 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:What do you guys think of signing Toronto kid Kelly Olynyk this off-season to be our stopgap center?

56.1%fg 38.2%3pt 85%ft

Yes, Kelly wasn't shooting very well (his only plus skill) with the Heat. He was hitting 3's at about a 30% clip - i.e. where Pascal is now. But he's completely turned it around with the Rockets.

The Raps now have Birch (who is solid) and Freddie G. (who I think has a lot of upside). But as has often been noted, Pascal would have an easier time of it with a floor stretching C. And we've seen lately that Khem and Freddie can't handle stronger Cs like RoLo, Zubac and JV.

So here are my questions:

1. Is Kelly big enough to slow down the really big Cs in the league?
2. Will Kelly take the MLE, and Birch the BAE (~4 mill), if the Raps use up their cap space on signing their own Bird Rights players - including Kyle either on the S&T or a straight re-signing - back?
3. If Kyle walks, would we use up the cap space on signing Kelly (for say 12 mill), plus Birch (for say 8 mill), or would Birch take the room exception (~5 mill)?

Speaking of RoLo, I can't be the only one who was impressed the way he played against us a few weeks ago, especially hitting all those FTs down the stretch. He must be like a 90% FT shooter. I'd try to pick him up, but it makes no sense for the Raps to have three Cs who can't shoot from outside.

Is it bad I don't know who Rolo is?
tecumseh18
RealGM

Post#219 » by tecumseh18 » Thu May 13, 2021 1:08 pm

Mark_83 wrote:Is it bad I don't know who Rolo is?

Robin Lopez - the Wizards' back up C who single-handedly destroyed our tiny front court a week or so ago.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,321

Post#220 » by douggood » Thu May 13, 2021 1:12 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:I mean I could see one big move like Paskal to the Magic for Otto Porter and that second lotto pick.

Otto Porter will be a free agent.
Plus Orlando got 2 picks and Wendel Carter for vucivic.
You suggesting pascal is just worth 1? Arent you selling pascal a little short?

Return to Toronto Raptors