ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#61 » by Spida888 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:17 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

God I love it. Wiggins contract is yuk but two lottery picks and a 20 year old former number 2 pick centre? Its an incredible deal. That team is built for the future but would probably be at least a 7th seed next season. I even go one further and sign and trade Lowry...

To LAC
Kyle Lowry

To Toronto
Ivica Zubac
Pat Beverley
2021 1st rights to
2028 1st

VanVleet/Flynn
Suggs/Green/Kuminga(#4)/Beverley
Trent/Wiggins/#27
OG/MLE
Zubac/Wiseman/Gillespie

Let Trent/Suggs/Fred run the offense while taking time and patience to develop Wiseman.

I don't see Lowry agreeing to LA. Apparently he wants to go to Miami and with the Dipo injury they will pay him.

Lowry to Miami was always the plan.

I like the above deal. DO NOT WANT Draymond. Much rather take on a young Wiggins who can generate buckets for two years than Green. Wiseman is an interesting piece but that injury is a serious one.

All in all, I'd pull the trigger on that.

Ultimately I think Lowry goes to which ever good team that offers him the most. Based on his trade deadline demands, he's really about the bag. Maybe I'm wrong.

Several people have suggested a GSW-Pascal trade in the past, and I'm definitely in on that if Kuminga is still on the board. I think he's got more upside than Siakam and he's the youngest player in the draft.

If including Wiseman is too rich for GSW, then I will gladly take Wiggins + Kuminga + GSW FRP for Pascal. Maybe we could ask for the Minny SRP as well as a sweetener, that's like a late first essentially.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#62 » by tecumseh18 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:35 am

Wow, Celtics traded for Mo Wagner, and tonight just cut him AFTER the deadline for playoff eligibility. Someone in this thread wanted us to trade for him before the deadline. I guess he's a rim protecting C who can hit the occasional 3 (~31% - maybe be improveable). He's 6' 11'', so gives us more size.

Of course, the Raps are just finding a rhythm with Gillespie and Khem. But they are both undersized. If Masai wants to tank, he should disrupt the current rhythm and bring in Wagner to play out the season and see how he fits. But that's now what's going to happen.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#63 » by agkagk » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:49 am

RapsFan008 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:
I don't see Lowry agreeing to LA. Apparently he wants to go to Miami and with the Dipo injury they will pay him.

I like the above deal. DO NOT WANT Draymond. Much rather take on a young Wiggins who can generate buckets for two years than Green. Wiseman is an interesting piece but that injury is a serious one.

Ultimately I think Lowry goes to which ever good team that offers him the most. Based on his trade deadline demands, he's really about the bag. Maybe I'm wrong.

Several people have suggested a GSW-Pascal trade in the past, and I'm definitely in on that if Kuminga is still on the board. I think he's got more upside than Siakam and he's the youngest player in the draft.

If including Wiseman is too rich for GSW, then I will gladly take Wiggins + Kuminga + GSW FRP for Pascal. Maybe we could ask for the Minny SRP as well as a sweetener, that's like a late first essentially.

Why would he settle for less 6 months prior to his free agency.....
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#64 » by Psubs » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:32 am

tecumseh18 wrote:Wow, Celtics traded for Mo Wagner, and tonight just cut him AFTER the deadline for playoff eligibility. Someone in this thread wanted us to trade for him before the deadline. I guess he's a rim protecting C who can hit the occasional 3 (~31% - maybe be improveable). He's 6' 11'', so gives us more size.

Of course, the Raps are just finding a rhythm with Gillespie and Khem. But they are both undersized. If Masai wants to tank, he should disrupt the current rhythm and bring in Wagner to play out the season and see how he fits. But that's now what's going to happen.

Boston is picking up Jabari Parker so chose Wagner to waive. They should've let go of Carsen Edwards; Mo is shooting better from 3 than Carsen.

I wanted to trade for him. He's only 23 and could develop into a Kelly Olynyk. Draft his bro. :D
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,039

Post#65 » by ItsDanger » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:26 pm

Olynyk averaging 18 PPG on 11 shots in Houston in 30 MPG. Interesting option if you go that route. Shows that too many players in this league are total ball hogs limiting teammates shots.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#66 » by ash_k » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:16 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Olynyk averaging 18 PPG on 11 shots in Houston in 30 MPG. Interesting option if you go that route. Shows that too many players in this league are total ball hogs limiting teammates shots.

18.1ppg 7.9rpg 60.3FG% 41.73P%
are you saying we should have accepted Olynyk+Bradley+pick swap for Lowry after all?
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,039

Post#67 » by ItsDanger » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:28 pm

ash_k wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Olynyk averaging 18 PPG on 11 shots in Houston in 30 MPG. Interesting option if you go that route. Shows that too many players in this league are total ball hogs limiting teammates shots.

18.1ppg 7.9rpg 60.3FG% 41.73P%
are you saying we should have accepted Olynyk+Bradley+pick swap for Lowry after all?

I meant as an option in the offseason.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#68 » by Red_Claw » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:08 pm

FVV for Lauri Markkanen (4yr/80mil)
Resign Lowry 3yr/45 mil (team option in last year)
Resign Trent Jr (4yr/80mil)
Draft Kai Jones

Lowry/Flynn/2RP
Trent Jr/Bembry/Harris
OG/Watson/Yuta
Siakam/Boucher/2RP
Markkanen/FRP/Birch
Sticks
Rookie
And1: 1,150

Post#69 » by Sticks » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:58 am

Red_Claw wrote:FVV for Lauri Markkanen (4yr/80mil)
Draft Kai Jones

Lowry/Flynn/2RP
Trent Jr/Bembry/Harris
OG/Watson/Yuta
Siakam/Boucher/2RP
Markkanen/FRP/Birch

Lowry not gonna take that
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,433

Post#70 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:08 pm

Sticks wrote:
Draft Kai Jones

Lowry/Flynn/2RP
Trent Jr/Bembry/Harris
OG/Watson/Yuta
Siakam/Boucher/2RP
Markkanen/FRP/Birch

Lowry not gonna take that

Even if he would, we really, really need to move on from the Lowry era.

For those of you that really like winning, the sooner we move on, the sooner we can get to truly building the next era of Toronto basketball.

It's impossible to progress forward when you keep looking behind you.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#71 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:16 pm

RapsFan008 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
bluerap23 wrote:

I think something like Siakam + Boucher for Wiggins + Wiseman + GSW 2021 1st + MIN 2021 1st is more or less fair. Wiseman hasn't really been all that impressive and who knows what he becomes after he recovers from this injury. We're trading an all-star two way PF, a very productive PF/C on a great contract and taking on Wiggins. I think that value is fair.
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#72 » by Kinger95 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:54 pm

Our roster is a mess right now.

We need depth, we need talent, we need value to do things down the road. There’s too much attachment to guys or else Masai has somthing up his sleeve. Our hall of fame PG and best player is 35 and worth almost nothing to other teams. That just tells u what the state of our roster is. Don’t get me wrong the team/organization is fine. I’m just concerned with how a 26 year old Fred is gonna help us the next 2 years while we currently suck and if we do develop talent and sign some decent players he’s up for a new contract and we’re on the same path with him as Kyle. We currently don’t have a top 20/30 player on our roster. Everybody we have is extremely expendable on our team. If a team thinks that pascal/Fred /OG is the missing piece for them and are willing to grossly overpay in terms of player/picks not only do we need to consider it we need to be proactive because this paying non-all stars 20/25/30 mill is treadmill town when guys that are top 10 are carrying franchises and barely making more than tier 2/3 guys. Need to play the asset game if u ask me and make some hard decisions because this roster isn’t gonna win in today’s NBA where there’s realistically only a handful of contenders every year.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#73 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:02 pm

Kinger95 wrote:Our roster is a mess right now.

We need depth, we need talent, we need value to do things down the road. There’s too much attachment to guys or else Masai has somthing up his sleeve. Our hall of fame PG and best player is 35 and worth almost nothing to other teams. That just tells u what the state of our roster is. Don’t get me wrong the team/organization is fine. I’m just concerned with how a 26 year old Fred is gonna help us the next 2 years while we currently suck and if we do develop talent and sign some decent players he’s up for a new contract and we’re on the same path with him as Kyle. We currently don’t have a top 20/30 player on our roster. Everybody we have is extremely expendable on our team. If a team thinks that pascal/Fred /OG is the missing piece for them and are willing to grossly overpay in terms of player/picks not only do we need to consider it we need to be proactive because this paying non-all stars 20/25/30 mill is treadmill town when guys that are top 10 are carrying franchises and barely making more than tier 2/3 guys. Need to play the asset game if u ask me and make some hard decisions because this roster isn’t gonna win in today’s NBA where there’s realistically only a handful of contenders every year.

Realistic Lowry for Seth Curry and George Hill (flipped for Deandre Jordan or Steven Adams)

PG FVV - Flynn - Seth
SG Trent/Seth - Harris
SF OG - 1st pick/Watson
PF Siakam - Boucher - Yuta
C Jordan/Boucher - Birch - Gillespie
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,640

Post#74 » by WeThe2019Champs » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:03 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yel389lw

After the season is over

TOR
Horford, Alexander and Dort

OKC
2021 & 2022 1st round picks, Siakam and Baynes

FVV/Alexander/OG/FA/Horford
Flynn/Trent (or FA)/Dort/Boucher/Birch

Bembry/Watson/Yuta/Freddie

Toronto - Horford contract is cheaper and less years compared to Siakam. Won't be getting top5 pick anyways so trading 2x 1st for Alexander and Dort is nice. The time Horford contact is up we can resign Alexander. OKC - Unloads Horford contract, Baynes contract isn't guaranteed next season and Siakam gets a new start. Gets more 1st round picks.
No More Tanking!
Psubs
RealGM

Post#75 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:11 pm

WeThe2019Champs wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yel389lw

After the season is over

TOR

OKC

Toronto - Horford contract is cheaper and less years compared to Siakam. Won't be getting top5 pick anyways so trading 2x 1st for Alexander and Dort is nice. The time Horford contact is up we can resign Alexander. OKC - Unloads Horford contract, Baynes contract isn't guaranteed next season and Siakam gets a new start. Gets more 1st round picks.

If Toronto gets lucky and moves into the top 4, maybe OKC trades SGA. If that happens and you're Toronto do you still do it?
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Post#76 » by bluerap23 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:38 pm

After the season is over

TOR

OKC

That is a terrible trade for Toronto
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#77 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:54 am

Kinger95 wrote:Our roster is a mess right now.

Yeah I've been saying this for a while but...

Honestly we should be having a Magic-esque fire sale. There are some good players on this team but none good enough to net us a star in a trade and none good enough to become a star.

I'd probably hold onto OG because he's so young but I'd likely be looking to move on from Siakam and FVV. Even if we're lucky enough to draft a star, by the time that kid comes into his own, Pascal and FVV are likely expired and will be leaving us for greener pastures anyway.

We can't sign a star because we don't have the capspace and I'm not sure we have the value to trade for one while still keeping enough of a roster for the trade to have made sense in the first place.

Best thing to do would be to send Pascal to GSW and Freddy to NOLA. Both of those teams have the assets to give this team a very, very solid headstart on the rebuild.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#78 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:56 am

Psubs wrote:

After the season is over

TOR

OKC

If Toronto gets lucky and moves into the top 4, maybe OKC trades SGA. If that happens and you're Toronto do you still do it?

This is a horrible, horrible deal for Toronto as is.

And if I'm OKC, even if Toronto lands in the Top 3, there is no guarantee any of those guys are going to anything close to what SGA is now. Better to keep the known and proven commodity, especially considering he's still young, extremely productive and on a cheap deal.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,658

Post#79 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:57 am

Draft Kai Jones

Lowry/Flynn/2RP
Trent Jr/Bembry/Harris
OG/Watson/Yuta
Siakam/Boucher/2RP
Markkanen/FRP/Birch

FVV for Lauri is a fleecing on the Bulls part. They’ve been trying to get rid of him for a while and would probably let go of him for far less than FVV
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,658

Post#80 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:59 am

The way Boston is free falling, a (resigned) GTJ + 2021 FRP (top 5 protected) and Boucher for J. Brown might be more and more enticing to shake up that roster and give them some depth that they need
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam

Return to Toronto Raptors