ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Tank Commander Siakam Reporting for Duty

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,550

Re: PG: Tank Commander Siakam Reporting for Duty 

Post#281 » by 2019nbachamps » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Why cant dudes here understand the reason Siakam feasted during our title run is because opposing teams focused on Kawhi.

Since Kawhi left, Pascal has been the main focus of the opposition. We have given Pascal a chance to be the #1 option and he simply isn't it. The dilemma we have now is whether to continue to give Pascal a chance, or try to get a #1, or try to trade Pascal for a #1 option.

I hope we keep Pascal and he contributes to our success but I have not seen evidence he can carry us to glory in the future. We've annointed him as a #1 but he isnt that guy.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#282 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 pm

RalphWiggum wrote:
GQStylin wrote:What happened to the Siakam we knew and loved? Why is he so bad now? :cry: :cry: :cry:
He got paid and started believing his own hype. This guy didn't touch a basketball in months knowing the Raptors were going to be in the playoffs with a very competitive team. There's simply no excuse for that type of behaviour.

The team made a mistake, take your 75¢ on the dollar in a trade and move on from this albatross.

What I don't get Ralph is the almost complete silence on criticism of Marc and Nick. Marc, who I really appreciate, was clearly washed, and was the star with the salary of 25 million. During the bubble, Pascal was still making between 2 and 3 million. Yes I get that he knew at that time the money he would be making, but Marc was making the big bucks then.. When I remember that Celtics series I do remember Pascal's struggles, but there was no replacement of equal potential for him. Marc, who was overplayed, had Serge sitting on the bench ready for more minutes. When there is a replacement, who was playing better, and you leave $25 million dollar washed Marc out there, that is why we lost. We did not lose because of Pascal.

Also, what is the logic of trading him? Teams, even now including the New York Knicks, are not stupid. They are not going to give value for a struggling player. Even 75% value. Starting potential assets do not come easy for our team. We do not get them in FA, and to get them in trade, we have to wait for teams to come to us, not the other way around. I would bet it was Portland coming to us for Norm, not Masai calling up Portland. Norm was at the top of his game and that's why we got value. Getting a bench player and a draft pick that might turn out to be a bench player is what you get if you have a fire sale.

The mistake this team made was gambling Serge to try to win Giannis. With Serge, and no Covid, we would be very happy with Pascal's contributions because he wouldn't have been worn out by trying to play center. Management should never again get in their head that cap space can be used to attract a tier 1a or 1b star.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#283 » by Steelo Green » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
RalphWiggum wrote:
GQStylin wrote:What happened to the Siakam we knew and loved? Why is he so bad now? :cry: :cry: :cry:
He got paid and started believing his own hype. This guy didn't touch a basketball in months knowing the Raptors were going to be in the playoffs with a very competitive team. There's simply no excuse for that type of behaviour.

The team made a mistake, take your 75¢ on the dollar in a trade and move on from this albatross.

What I don't get Ralph is the almost complete silence on criticism of Marc and Nick. Marc, who I really appreciate, was clearly washed, and was the star with the salary of 25 million. During the bubble, Pascal was still making between 2 and 3 million. Yes I get that he knew at that time the money he would be making, but Marc was making the big bucks then.. When I remember that Celtics series I do remember Pascal's struggles, but there was no replacement of equal potential for him. Marc, who was overplayed, had Serge sitting on the bench ready for more minutes. When there is a replacement, who was playing better, and you leave $25 million dollar washed Marc out there, that is why we lost. We did not lose because of Pascal.

Also, what is the logic of trading him? Teams, even now including the New York Knicks, are not stupid. They are not going to give value for a struggling player. Even 75% value. Starting potential assets do not come easy for our team. We do not get them in FA, and to get them in trade, we have to wait for teams to come to us, not the other way around. I would bet it was Portland coming to us for Norm, not Masai calling up Portland. Norm was at the top of his game and that's why we got value. Getting a bench player and a draft pick that might turn out to be a bench player is what you get if you have a fire sale.

The mistake this team made was gambling Serge to try to win Giannis. With Serge, and no Covid, we would be very happy with Pascal's contributions because he wouldn't have been worn out by trying to play center. Management should never again get in their head that cap space can be used to attract a tier 1a or 1b star.

Marc everyone knew was on the downturn.

The expectation was the player who is up and coming would play well and take the mantle and he dropped the ball.

Do we expect Kawhi to be the big player or Ibaka? Expectations go with role.

Marc got completely ripped on too but your expectations of your “star” simply are higher.

Once you sign that deal, your expectations should be raised. Let’s not pretend everyone didn’t consider him the star. He made the all-star game and was the leading scorer and did historically bad after not picking up a ball for months. He deserved the (not racist obviously, that was disgusting) criticism about his game and dedication to it.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#284 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:29 pm

Steelo Green wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
RalphWiggum wrote:He got paid and started believing his own hype. This guy didn't touch a basketball in months knowing the Raptors were going to be in the playoffs with a very competitive team. There's simply no excuse for that type of behaviour.

Marc everyone knew was on the downturn.

The expectation was the player who is up and coming would play well and take the mantle and he dropped the ball.

Do we expect Kawhi to be the big player or Ibaka? Expectations go with role.

Marc got completely ripped on too but your expectations of your “star” simply are higher.

Once you sign that deal, your expectations should be raised. Let’s not pretend everyone didn’t consider him the star. He made the all-star game and was the leading scorer and did historically bad after not picking up a ball for months. He deserved the (not racist obviously, that was disgusting) criticism about his game and dedication to it.

The series was winnable regardless of Pascal's struggles. 5 more minutes of Serge would have done it.

I bring that up because people won't let the bubble go. Why so little comment on the great play of Pascal, during the run up to 500, prior to him, and others, getting Covid? Nothing, crickets, dead silence. All the haters jump over those games, when he was being paid big money, back to his struggles in the bubble.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"

Return to Toronto Raptors