ImageImageImageImageImage

Siakam is a DeRozan.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TheYellowMamba
Freshman
And1: 55

Re: Siakam is a DeRozan. 

Post#201 » by TheYellowMamba » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:28 pm

Tofubeque wrote:
TheYellowMamba wrote:
GooniesNeverDie wrote:Siakam didn't get paid to be a #1 option all-nba player. He's having to do more than he's ever done and it's up to management to get someone better than him. Unfortunately people's expectations are out of wack. Put him next to a #1 option and you'd see his value.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using RealGM mobile app

What? Dude just got paid a max contract. You got paid, you deliver and so far he hasn't. He's not even the best player on the team right now sitting behind FVV...

Has Fred been drawing double teams? The other team's best defender? I guess I missed it. Maybe that's why he has one of the worst 2p% in the league, just too much defensive focus on him.

Teams game planned on Siakam doesn't mean hes the best player. The Raptors forced Siakam to be the guy. And quite frankly, there are less and less double teaming on him now compare to beginning of the season. Matter of fact, if you are that good to be the guy, you break up double teams, make smart plays, thrive under pressure. There is no excuse period. You are lying to yourself if you don't think he is overpaid.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,190

Post#202 » by Tofubeque » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:39 pm

TheYellowMamba wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:
TheYellowMamba wrote:
What? Dude just got paid a max contract. You got paid, you deliver and so far he hasn't. He's not even the best player on the team right now sitting behind FVV...

Has Fred been drawing double teams? The other team's best defender? I guess I missed it. Maybe that's why he has one of the worst 2p% in the league, just too much defensive focus on him.

Teams game planned on Siakam doesn't mean hes the best player. The Raptors forced Siakam to be the guy. And quite frankly, there are less and less double teaming on him now compare to beginning of the season. Matter of fact, if you are that good to be the guy, you break up double teams, make smart plays, thrive under pressure. There is no excuse period. You are lying to yourself if you don't think he is overpaid.

I didn't say he wasn't overpaid, but you claimed FVV was the better player. So, should FVV be "the guy"? That would be a disaster.

Siakam being forced to be the guy is shooting basically the same eFG% as VanVleet despite having his worst 3pt shooting season since his sophomore year. He's 1.4 assists per game behind VanVleet despite not being a PG, and they turn it over about the same amount. I like FVV for his intangibles and elite spot-up shooting, but there's not much ground to say he's better than Pascal.
props Turbozone
TheYellowMamba
Freshman
And1: 55

Post#203 » by TheYellowMamba » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:39 pm

Tofubeque wrote:
TheYellowMamba wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:

I didn't say he wasn't overpaid, but you claimed FVV was the better player. So, should FVV be "the guy"? That would be a disaster.

Siakam being forced to be the guy is shooting basically the same eFG% as VanVleet despite having his worst 3pt shooting season since his sophomore year. He's 1.4 assists per game behind VanVleet despite not being a PG, and they turn it over about the same amount. I like FVV for his intangibles and elite spot-up shooting, but there's not much ground to say he's better than Pascal.

I never claimed FVV to be the guy. You have a fair point for arguing FVV is not a better player, but again that debatable. Siakam has better stats doesn't mean hes a better player. Intangibles in the game is extremely underrated. Rondo is a player that falls into the greatness of intangibles. However, that's not my point at all. This thread is about Siakam, and he is not the guy nor deserve that contract.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,415

Post#204 » by Tha Cynic » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:03 pm

You mean both were raw players when they came into the league, and became better than they were projected to become, through hard work and both ended up getting the max because of it?

Yeah, you're right.

I still don't understand how people can know what a player is, and still expect them to produce like players better than them. Then when that said player doesn't give them what they want, they bash said player. You should bash yourself for your expectations and inability to understand strengths and weaknesses.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Post#205 » by howlin mad axer » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:20 pm

If he is then trade him for a Leonard.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,576

Post#206 » by mdenny » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:06 pm

Pascal siakam.....game 3 performance vs Bucks is a good refresher course.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,142

Post#207 » by Chandan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:06 am

TheYellowMamba wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:
TheYellowMamba wrote:

I never claimed FVV to be the guy. You have a fair point for arguing FVV is not a better player, but again that debatable. Siakam has better stats doesn't mean hes a better player. Intangibles in the game is extremely underrated. Rondo is a player that falls into the greatness of intangibles. However, that's not my point at all. This thread is about Siakam, and he is not the guy nor deserve that contract.

The question is do u prefer to have pascal on this team at 30+ million or no pascal at all. Someone else would have paid him that money. Do u want to lose the asset for nothing.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,789

Post#208 » by RoyceDa59 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:11 am

I don’t think Siakam has the right competitive mindset.

Don’t think you can build another championship team with Siakam on his current contract in his current roll on the team.

He just doesn’t outwork everyone else anymore. A part of me thinks maybe he just wanted a big pay day and that basketball isn’t most important to him. All the respect to him if true but I wouldn’t want that mindset on our team.
Go Raps!!
TheWave
Rookie
And1: 789

Post#209 » by TheWave » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:32 pm

Pascal was overpaid and the expectations were unreal. I don't know what the plan is anymore and outside that, since last years playoffs where I believe they threw the series. The teams tanking and maybe without heart anymore. It's just gone south, literally and figuratively.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#210 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:03 am

I just want Siakam to stop shooting 3's!!!
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,167

Post#211 » by HiJiNX » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:01 pm

Psubs wrote:I just want Siakam to stop shooting 3's!!!

No he needs to shoot them, he just has to shoot them better. With a real off-season I expect him to get back to 36% from deep which is good enough to open up lanes for himself.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
mickie
Rookie
And1: 516

Post#212 » by mickie » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:45 pm

DeMar was lazy on D when his offence wasn't on. Siakam at least can be relied on D.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#213 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:20 pm

HiJiNX wrote:
Psubs wrote:I just want Siakam to stop shooting 3's!!!

No he needs to shoot them, he just has to shoot them better. With a real off-season I expect him to get back to 36% from deep which is good enough to open up lanes for himself.

Shoot them to tank! When he shoots 1 for 5, lose.

We should treat him like Ben Simmons.

Not everyone has to be a good 3pt shooter. MJ was barely over 30%, same for Kobe. Take them if open, in the flow of the offense with less than 5s left on the shotclock so he doesn't think too much about it and maybe not have time to drive or pass.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,875

Post#214 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:13 pm

Compared to the Raptors DeRozan, Siakam is the better post player, 3pt shooter, rebounder, playmaker, and defender.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Psubs
RealGM

Post#215 » by Psubs » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:32 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Compared to the Raptors DeRozan, Siakam is the better post player, 3pt shooter, rebounder, playmaker, and defender.

Derozan was pretty good in the post. I would say they are similar playmakers (though now Derozan is is better).

I'm more referring to the level they help the team actually win. I could argue that plugging in Boucher for Siakam would be the same as plugging in Trent for Derozan.

Return to Toronto Raptors