ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Tank Continues - 17 games left

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,625

Re: PG: Tank Continues - 17 games left 

Post#121 » by Bruin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:59 am

Ramed Nazored wrote:Truth is, we’re not landing a lottery pick. We have virtually zero chance at landing Cunningham. None. I suggest people remove the Ohio logos as their avatars. They’re going to be upset in a few months.

I hope you realize a lottery pick is the top 14. Doesn’t mean we have to win the lotto to have a lottery pick. We’re likely to have a top 10 pick
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#122 » by Ramed Nazored » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:22 pm

PrinceAli wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:Truth is, we’re not landing a lottery pick. We have virtually zero chance at landing Cunningham. None. I suggest people remove the Oklahoma logos as their avatars. They’re going to be upset in a few months.

I hope you realize a lottery pick is the top 14. Doesn’t mean we have to win the lotto to have a lottery pick. We’re likely to have a top 10 pick

Yeah, I always just conflate top 5 with "lottery". I know it's a misnomer. That being said, as far as I see it, we have zero shot at the Cunningham/Suggs pipedream. Mock drafts have us landing outside the top 8.
Preliudas
Senior
And1: 457

Post#123 » by Preliudas » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:41 pm

Are we going to create new tanking thread everytime Raps lose?
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#124 » by Psubs » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:39 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:Truth is, we’re not landing a lottery pick. We have virtually zero chance at landing Cunningham. None. I suggest people remove the Oklahoma logos as their avatars. They’re going to be upset in a few months.

Yeah, I always just conflate top 5 with "lottery". I know it's a misnomer. That being said, as far as I see it, we have zero shot at the Cunningham/Suggs pipedream. Mock drafts have us landing outside the top 8.

Charlotte was 8th and got the #3 pick.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,216

Post#125 » by niQ » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:16 pm

Birch played very well in this one. I wonder if we bring him back next season.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,216

Re: PG: Tank Continues 

Post#126 » by niQ » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:20 pm

bape_lovers wrote:for the people that wants Cade, what happens to FVV/Flynn?? double Pgs again?

Right now, Cade is a pipe dream. BUT, if in a miraculous event that we land Cade, you obviously pick him (BPA) and figure out the rest later. Plus, that's FO's job, not ours to worry about.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#127 » by fbalmeida » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:26 pm

We lost to a team quarterbacked by Brandon Goodwin.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,746

Post#128 » by And1Skip » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:47 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:

6% shot to be exact, which is very unlikely. As I said before, these new lottery odds has only been in existence for 2 years. In 2019, Pelicans were the 7th worst team and got #1 pick while the Grizllies were the 8th worst and got the #2 pick.

Last year was more conventional that Minny was the 3rd worst team and got #1 and Warriors were the worst team and got #2. But Picks 3 & 4 last year were the 8th worst team (Hornets) and 7th worst team (Bulls). The 2nd worst team (Cavs) got bumped to the 5th pick.

There's obviously going to be something unexpected going to happen in this year's lottery. There should definitely be at least 1 team outside of the Top4 going into the top4, bumping at least 1 of the worst 4 teams out of the top4.

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#129 » by Mikistan » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:53 pm

will wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:Truth is, we’re not landing a lottery pick. We have virtually zero chance at landing Cunningham. None. I suggest people remove the Ohio logos as their avatars. They’re going to be upset in a few months.

It's about time the youngsters stopped being silly. :lol:

We have a 27 percent chance of moving up and the nba is shady about this stuff, they may very well reward a team who had to play in Tampa Bay and recently won a championship for doing things the right way and building a winner without blatant tanking

But it's also true that by the numbers we have a 65 percent chance to drop a spot or two in lottery
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#130 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:03 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:

Mock drafts have no clue as to where we're ending up. That's not their function to prognosticate draft order, and even if they tried to crunch numbers to figure out the end order, it still wouldn't account for resting or "injured" players. Even now, Raps are 8th from the bottom with a 26.2% chance to move into the top four. That's not a pipe dream. It's probably better than the odds were of Raps getting Giannis this summer.

But the situation is even better than that. Raps are tied for 5th most losses. We can reasonably contemplate moving up since the Wizards don't seem to mind winning now that Beal is back, and Cavs will have Jarrett Allen back from concussion protocol. We just have to hold off the Bulls and the Kings.

I think 7th is very doable, which gives the Raps a 31.9% chance of a top 4 pick. Even 6th (behind only Minny, Detroit, OKC, Rockets, Magic) is possible, which gives a 37.2% chance at the top 4.

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,569

Post#131 » by DreamTeam09 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:17 pm

niQ wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:for the people that wants Cade, what happens to FVV/Flynn?? double Pgs again?

Right now, Cade is a pipe dream. BUT, if in a miraculous event that we land Cade, you obviously pick him (BPA) and figure out the rest later. Plus, that's FO's job, not ours to worry about.

What is there to figure out

FVV
Cade
OG
Pascal

FVV gets to play off the ball more and we put the ball in Cades & Pascal hands. OG still takes the toughest wing matchup

In Raptor Ball I Trust
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,418

Post#132 » by WuTang_OG » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:24 pm

Preliudas wrote:Are we going to create new tanking thread everytime Raps lose?

Lol. it's the post game thread.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#133 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:

Dude in the conflation department that's a biggie. You are right though we have to beat the odds with the ping pong balls which is highly unlikely to get top 5. I like where we are for maybe Kai Jones, maybe Scottie Barnes and maybe Moses Moody. Hit on any of those three and we have done well. I would prefer one of consensus top 5.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,888

Post#134 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:55 pm

In our range I think Davion Mitchell will be the best player.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,755

Post#135 » by Badonkadonk » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:00 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
PrinceAli wrote:

This.

When I'm looking at potential picks now, I'm pretty much anticipating one of two scenarios: 8th-10th range or 16th.

Looking at the Raps schedule, and more importantly the Bulls/Wiz, I'm thinking there's an equal chance of either happening.

Of course it'd be great if the Raps actually win a top 3 pick, given the low chance that happens as well as the consensus picks at the top of the draft, there's not much to discuss anyway.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#136 » by ash_k » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:22 pm

years ago, I could kind of understand the DG88s and DHelixs pushing hard for the tank as that draft had what seemed like generational talent/potential/athleticism in Jabari, Wiggins, Embiid,...
But this time around whenever you see a player like Corey Kispert, in top10, in some mockdrafts..a senior..you just know that draft ain't it. Cade is nowhere near the potential of the Jabaris, Wiggins, Embiids from back then.

Anyway, glad to see that P-Sizzle responded. It was a major gut-check! Kudos
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#137 » by gerrit4 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:24 pm

niQ wrote:

I agree, but Cade is 6'7, and can shoot. He'd be an easy fit on just about any team in the league. I'd argue that he'd probably be the most seamless fit out of any player in the draft.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,402

Post#138 » by ForeverTFC » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:29 pm

ash_k wrote:years ago, I could kind of understand the DG88s and DHelixs pushing hard for the tank as that draft had what seemed like generational talent/potential/athleticism in Jabari, Wiggins, Embiid,...
But this time around whenever you see a player like Corey Kispert, in top10, in some mockdrafts..a senior..you just know that draft ain't it. Cade is nowhere near the potential of the Jabaris, Wiggins, Embiids from back then.

Even if that was the case, there is 0 point in trying to make a play-in tournament at this point. 7th/8th picks have resulted in solid talent in pretty much all drafts; we can use the asset. I agree that it was dumb to say TANK 5 games into the season, but at this point, there is little upside to trying to win at all costs.
Slade3
Sixth Man
And1: 805

Post#139 » by Slade3 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:33 pm

What's the magic number for us to be mathematically eliminated? Or is it too early?
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,810

Post#140 » by ash_k » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:35 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
ash_k wrote:years ago, I could kind of understand the DG88s and DHelixs pushing hard for the tank as that draft had what seemed like generational talent/potential/athleticism in Jabari, Wiggins, Embiid,...

Even if that was the case, there is 0 point in trying to make a play-in tournament at this point. 7th/8th picks have resulted in solid talent in pretty much all drafts; we can use the asset. I agree that it was dumb to say TANK 5 games into the season, but at this point, there is little upside to trying to win at all costs.

This game is about confidence. You can't go from being NBA Champion to Not-making-the playoffs in just 2 years!
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.

Return to Toronto Raptors