ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Disaster of Epic proportions: Scottie Barnes here we come

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,393

Re: PG: Disaster of Epic proportions: Scottie Barnes here we come 

Post#301 » by phanman » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:49 pm

Mikistan wrote:

That was such a **** play for him :lol: Gets the denial on DeMar then Nick Jonas comes in and booms it on him right after. :lol:

ItsDanger wrote:Type of lineup Nurse wanted to use last yr but rarely did. OG at 2, Siakam at 3. Its a lineup that can be more effective defensively especially these days.

Khem Birch tied his career high last night with 14 pts. Has he been that under utilized in Orlando?

Can't really blame Nurse with our front court being a disaster until recently. He was forced to play those guys up a spot instead of down one.

Can't really blame the team for earning the win against a team that is still in the thick of the playoff race out West. The Spurs just went cold from deep until like the last 90secs or so. I mean we went into the game with a singular guard, a rookie one at that. We had Rodney friggin Hood handling the ball when Malachi or Pascal weren't on the floor. DeMar did what he could, in fact he played magnificently.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,099

Post#302 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:49 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:Bruh childs is will lou. Dude basically posts will lou's Twitter feed as his own lmao

William Lou gets paid to do this ****. You think he or Blake or Vivek are gonna waste their time on this board unless they're also actively promoting Yahoo sports or The Athletic or CBC at the same time?

Will Lou gets paid to post on his personal twitter? Yeah I doubt it. He gets paid for all the stuff he does pre and post game. He's still a fan after all and judging by his age, he probably is/was a RGM poster. Anyway, another poster pointed out the similarity even of childs' avatar. Then I started noticing a pattern that he's basically posting everything william lou does on twitter. Even if he isn't quoting his feed, he's posting the same pics or ideas. Anyway, idc. Not here to argue or out the guy. Just good to know he's one of us :lol:

William Lou has a brand in a very difficult industry. Since he does make money from it from some sources, he's going to spend every available minute on social media burnishing his brand. OK, maybe part of is using burner account(s) to direct traffic to his tweets/videos. Is that what child is doing?

EDIT: calling RGM will, william lou is a running gag at this point though because it's clearly not him lol

Fair enough. I wasn't sure if it had evolved into a meme/running gag, so I saw it as my purpose in life stamp it out at every opportunity. I'll stop.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#303 » by will » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:20 pm

TD2FutureStar wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:We getting that 10th spot baby!

Can't wait to get swept by Brooklyn and then get a **** draft pick. Best case scenario right dur

That you, Chingy? :lol:
will
RealGM
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#304 » by will » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:21 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:

William Lou gets paid to do this ****. You think he or Blake or Vivek are gonna waste their time on this board unless they're also actively promoting Yahoo sports or The Athletic or CBC at the same time?

Will Lou gets paid to post on his personal twitter? Yeah I doubt it. He gets paid for all the stuff he does pre and post game. He's still a fan after all and judging by his age, he probably is/was a RGM poster. Anyway, another poster pointed out the similarity even of childs' avatar. Then I started noticing a pattern that he's basically posting everything william lou does on twitter. Even if he isn't quoting his feed, he's posting the same pics or ideas. Anyway, idc. Not here to argue or out the guy. Just good to know he's one of us :lol:

William Lou has a brand in a very difficult industry. Since he does make money from it from some sources, he's going to spend every available minute on social media burnishing his brand. OK, maybe part of is using burner account(s) to direct traffic to his tweets/videos. Is that what child is doing?

EDIT: calling RGM will, william lou is a running gag at this point though because it's clearly not him lol

Fair enough. I wasn't sure if it had evolved into a meme/running gag, so I saw it as my purpose in life stamp it out at every opportunity. I'll stop.

My guy tecumseh 18!
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#305 » by everdiso » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:21 pm

Mikistan wrote:
everdiso wrote:Playoffs gonna be so good.

I feel bad for the 6ers already.

we've have to win 2 in a row against one of

heat/celtics/pacers/hornets -- depending who ends up in 7th

first

yeah we're better than all of them, when healthy.
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,761

Post#306 » by Jadoogar » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:43 pm

Ugh Lavine is out for a while. there goes the tank
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,497

Post#307 » by bballsparkin » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:51 pm

fbalmeida wrote:Gillespie in the post-game interview:

"Every coach made it very clear that they want rim protection, so that's what I try to bring."

Imagine being Baynes, hearing that conversation just outside the coaches' office. imagine living with the knowledge that a multimillion organization is bringing in a rookie to do the job you're being paid 7 million dollars to do.

it's part and parcel of sports, but still. Imagine having to hold back that level of misery in the recesses of your mind.

Baynes is a big lumbering 34 year old in an era of NBA that has never been quicker. I know you love to pile up on the guy. But perhaps he's happy for a young guy getting a chance. It's not like he has much time left in the league.
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,393

Post#308 » by phanman » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:57 pm

bballsparkin wrote:

"Every coach made it very clear that they want rim protection, so that's what I try to bring."

Imagine being Baynes, hearing that conversation just outside the coaches' office. imagine living with the knowledge that a multimillion organization is bringing in a rookie to do the job you're being paid 7 million dollars to do.

it's part and parcel of sports, but still. Imagine having to hold back that level of misery in the recesses of your mind.

Baynes is a big lumbering 34 year old in an era of NBA that has never been quicker. I know you love to pile up on the guy. But perhaps he's happy for a young guy getting a chance. It's not like he has much time left in the league.

All the more reason he's probably pissed that he doesn't have the opportunity down the stretch to earn his 7m option next season. :lol:
bballsparkin
RealGM

Post#309 » by bballsparkin » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:59 pm

^^There's always Australia!
bballsparkin
RealGM

Post#310 » by bballsparkin » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:14 pm

Jadoogar wrote:Ugh Lavine is out for a while. there goes the tank

It would be funny if they start winning. Can't do much worse than they have been lately.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,216

Post#311 » by niQ » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:15 pm

SG OG

Read on Twitter
?s=19
will
RealGM

Post#312 » by will » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:16 pm

Shambles for a certain group of posters.
will
RealGM

Post#313 » by will » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:17 pm

phanman wrote:
bballsparkin wrote:

All the more reason he's probably pissed that he doesn't have the opportunity down the stretch to earn his 7m option next season. :lol:

Baynes getting paid quite well as well.
will
RealGM

Post#314 » by will » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:20 pm

niQ wrote:SG OG

Read on Twitter
?s=19

A variety of offerings, in the suite of ADOBE ACROBATIC.
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,850

Post#315 » by rocky_da_best » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:36 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
Mikistan wrote:

Thought thast was Chris Bosh for a second lol

Same, like one of those mashups where they use a modern day raptor and a former player :lol:
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#316 » by Mack11 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:11 pm

man we always end up with the 8th or 9th spot when we have a crappy season.. lets get a top 5 pick this year please
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#317 » by bboyskinnylegs » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:30 pm

niQ wrote:SG OG

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I don't think he's been given the freedom to operate like that since college. Perhaps we can give him some opportunity to develop that part of his game in the end stretch of this season
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,434

Post#318 » by Rapsfan07 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:34 pm

Really hoping Vooch, Markkannen and the rest of the guys can turn it up.

We REALLY don't need to be winning any more games.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,388

Post#319 » by Mikistan » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:42 pm

SG OG is the best OG.

I've wanted us to play him at the 2 since kawhi was here.

Imagine

Kowry
Og
Kawhi
Pascal
Gasol/ibaka

Kevin Durant would have no chance
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#320 » by TD2FutureStar » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:53 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:This is your best case scenario huh

Your ability to detect sarcasm is uncanny.

Says more about the type of posts you usually make lmao

Or your reading comprehension. Take a look in the mirror

Return to Toronto Raptors