ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank Nation - tWo (3.0)

Moderators: Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, 7 Footer, Rhettmatic, niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred

Where do you stand?

Draft focused: Continue with the downward spiral and hope we get a top 8 (potentially higher) pick
88
72%
Playoffs: Challenge for the play in tournament and hopefully win a spot in the playoffs
13
11%
Compete: Don't care where we land just want the team to compete.
21
17%
 
Total votes: 122

NotMyKawhi
Veteran
Posts: 2,773
And1: 3,420
Joined: Jul 13, 2018

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1341 » by NotMyKawhi » Tue May 4, 2021 4:02 am

Jalen Johnson and Scottie barnes would make me happy.

Anything outside the top 7 meh
User avatar
Psubs
RealGM
Posts: 11,782
And1: 7,662
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: Toronto

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1342 » by Psubs » Tue May 4, 2021 4:17 am

Badonkadonk wrote:Pelicans playoff hopes may have been buried tonight with that loss to GS. I expect them to embrace the tank, and may not have a choice anyway with 5 road games in a row, all vs. good teams with varying levels of seeding incentive. I've been expecting 8-10th for a while, and now I wouldn't be surprised if the Raps finished tied with one or both of the Kings/Pels.

The Bulls were never a serious threat in the first place. The whole FO should be fired for poor management.


The play them AGAIN tomorrow, so if they win still alive!!! 8-)
Image
User avatar
Syd-TK3
RealGM
Posts: 10,741
And1: 10,934
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
 

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1343 » by Syd-TK3 » Tue May 4, 2021 4:18 am

Ofcourse the Lakers winning tonight on a b2b with no lebron lol
Image
RapsFan008
Junior
Posts: 305
And1: 252
Joined: Mar 05, 2021
 

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1344 » by RapsFan008 » Tue May 4, 2021 4:30 am

God damn Lakers. Winning against Denver and losing to us lol. We were unlucky that both Lowry and Pascal were scorching last night.
User avatar
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
Posts: 13,413
And1: 24,600
Joined: Jun 10, 2013
       

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1345 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue May 4, 2021 4:33 am

NotMyKawhi wrote:Jalen Johnson and Scottie barnes would make me happy.

Anything outside the top 7 meh


There is a huge talent drop off after the top 5.
6-10 is the same.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Image
D.Brasco
General Manager
Posts: 7,843
And1: 5,819
Joined: Nov 17, 2006

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1346 » by D.Brasco » Tue May 4, 2021 5:40 am

Almost every draft outside of the top 5 is pure gambling and luck. Nobody predicted guys like Giannis and Jokic hence their draft spots.
Kreamy
RealGM
Posts: 15,033
And1: 1,427
Joined: Aug 26, 2001
Location: Toronto
   

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1347 » by Kreamy » Tue May 4, 2021 5:47 am

If we miss the top 5 and Jalen Johnson is off the board, hope the Raps give serious consideration to Josh Giddey.
Coco Costanza
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,877
And1: 3,926
Joined: Jan 13, 2018
   

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1348 » by Coco Costanza » Tue May 4, 2021 6:35 am

Kreamy wrote:If we miss the top 5 and Jalen Johnson is off the board, hope the Raps give serious consideration to Josh Giddey.


No idea who he is, but looking him up I see he's a white Australian, so that makes me think no... :P
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
User avatar
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
Posts: 17,082
And1: 7,457
Joined: Dec 19, 2008

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1349 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue May 4, 2021 9:38 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:Jalen Johnson and Scottie barnes would make me happy.

Anything outside the top 7 meh


There is a huge talent drop off after the top 5.
6-10 is the same.


Lets be honest we don't really know that.
God Squad
Head Coach
Posts: 6,834
And1: 3,242
Joined: Feb 22, 2010
Location: Toronto
 

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1350 » by God Squad » Tue May 4, 2021 10:15 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:Jalen Johnson and Scottie barnes would make me happy.

Anything outside the top 7 meh


There is a huge talent drop off after the top 5.
6-10 is the same.


Lets be honest we don't really know that.

Agreed. The best players can very well be taken after the top 5. We won't know until at least a year or two post draft.
User avatar
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
Posts: 17,082
And1: 7,457
Joined: Dec 19, 2008

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1351 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue May 4, 2021 10:27 am

We are on the outside looking in for play in 10th. Why suffer injuries getting killed. For 10th! What a season. Giannis plan B. Speaking of 10th, how does 10th in the lotto sound? That's Moody, Barnes and the Jones' territory. Masai reaching for Dosunmu has a TRoss night terror about it. Tre Mann very doable at this spot but crowds Malachi. Moody as starter would be the end of twin 6 footers at the double point. Bring it on. That all started with Casey don't turn the ball over Grievous show. Barnes and Kai Jones are upside big projects. There's a Raptor identity player in one or more of those 4 or 5 options. But... Still doesn't wow. The second rounders? Go Euro. On option might be to trade the say 10th to the rockets for their next top two picks. Then you could take flyers on both Giddey and Garuba if Raps are in a gambling mood. A lot of what is on offer at 10 is more Trent Jr. At best.
RapsFan008
Junior
Posts: 305
And1: 252
Joined: Mar 05, 2021
 

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1352 » by RapsFan008 » Tue May 4, 2021 2:55 pm

I didn't see this yesterday, looks like Lavine will be back to play against Hornets on Thurs.

Thought they might just shut him down for the rest of the season, but probably didn't want to anger him when they want to convince him to resign in the near future.

Too bad they sucked even when he was playing.

Read on Twitter
DelAbbot
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,993
And1: 2,725
Joined: May 22, 2019
   

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1353 » by DelAbbot » Tue May 4, 2021 3:10 pm

RapsFan008 wrote:I didn't see this yesterday, looks like Lavine will be back to play against Hornets on Thurs.

Thought they might just shut him down for the rest of the season, but probably didn't want to anger him when they want to convince him to resign in the near future.

Too bad they sucked even when he was playing.

Read on Twitter


That is a tanking move for the Bulls if Lavine actually got Covid. We all know what Covid does to players
ConSarnit
Senior
Posts: 534
And1: 471
Joined: May 05, 2015
 

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1354 » by ConSarnit » Tue May 4, 2021 4:31 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
RapsFan008 wrote:I didn't see this yesterday, looks like Lavine will be back to play against Hornets on Thurs.

Thought they might just shut him down for the rest of the season, but probably didn't want to anger him when they want to convince him to resign in the near future.

Too bad they sucked even when he was playing.

Read on Twitter


That is a tanking move for the Bulls if Lavine actually got Covid. We all know what Covid does to players


This is probably good for us. The idiotic Bulls are exactly the type of franchise to try to push for the 10th seed right up until the last minute. They’ll go 4-3 and it will be “look, Lavine and Vuc work!”

(*this is my fantasy and in actuality the bulls will finish .5 games behind us because they flat out suck)
And1Skip
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,460
And1: 6,631
Joined: Jun 08, 2003
       

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1355 » by And1Skip » Tue May 4, 2021 4:57 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
RapsFan008 wrote:I didn't see this yesterday, looks like Lavine will be back to play against Hornets on Thurs.

Thought they might just shut him down for the rest of the season, but probably didn't want to anger him when they want to convince him to resign in the near future.

Too bad they sucked even when he was playing.

Read on Twitter


That is a tanking move for the Bulls if Lavine actually got Covid. We all know what Covid does to players


This is probably good for us. The idiotic Bulls are exactly the type of franchise to try to push for the 10th seed right up until the last minute. They’ll go 4-3 and it will be “look, Lavine and Vuc work!”

(*this is my fantasy and in actuality the bulls will finish .5 games behind us because they flat out suck)


They have to push for 10th as their pick will likely convey Orlando (top 4 protected). So better try to get them a lower pick than gambling for the chances of getting into the top4. Or yes, they could still lose most of the remaining games and not get lucky in the lottery and gift Orlando the 7th pick in the draft (while Orlando also wins the lottery for the #1 pick with their own pick)
User avatar
Badonkadonk
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,279
And1: 7,623
Joined: Jul 11, 2012

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1356 » by Badonkadonk » Tue May 4, 2021 5:08 pm

They were bad with Lavine + Vuc, and they will be just as bad with post-COVID Lavine + Vuc (if his hip is even healed).

It doesn't matter how incentivized the Bulls are to win, that's been their reality for a while and it hasn't prevented them from being garbage, because it's not really a choice :lol:
Image
User avatar
Mikistan
RealGM
Posts: 18,351
And1: 28,556
Joined: Jun 30, 2008
Location: Shamblesland
     

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1357 » by Mikistan » Tue May 4, 2021 5:13 pm

When we win a lottery pull and move UP in the draft we will know it was destiny

this draft pick will be

Image
Image
GreatWhiteStiff
General Manager
Posts: 9,330
And1: 7,372
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Location: #EmbraceTheTreadmill
 

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1358 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue May 4, 2021 11:59 pm

I think its a bit funny people keep calling franchises with similar records to ours complete garbage. No of fence intended, and they may be correct.
"Yes because he completely turned around a disastrous 5-12 team and helped them in every facet of the game. If Melo keeps it up, he is legit MVP candidate."

-EricMillegan
GreatWhiteStiff
General Manager
Posts: 9,330
And1: 7,372
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
Location: #EmbraceTheTreadmill
 

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1359 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Yesterday 12:01 am

Im on team fun with Doug smith and roger lajoie. Dellabot and metafiscal hate fun.
"Yes because he completely turned around a disastrous 5-12 team and helped them in every facet of the game. If Melo keeps it up, he is legit MVP candidate."

-EricMillegan
DelAbbot
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,993
And1: 2,725
Joined: May 22, 2019
   

Re: Tank Nation - tWo (3.0) 

Post#1360 » by DelAbbot » Yesterday 12:21 am





GreatWhiteStiff wrote:Im on team fun with Doug smith and roger lajoie. Dellabot and metafiscal hate fun.

Return to Toronto Raptors