ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: WOJ: Lavine out for Health and Safety Protocols

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,632

Re: OT: WOJ: Lavine out for Health and Safety Protocols 

Post#61 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:00 pm

Dalek wrote:Looks like Toronto is refusing to give up the tank although it maybe more having to do with Orlando's team.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I am guessing the starting line-up will be:

Flynn
FVV
Hood
Boucher
Birch

Flynn
Watson
Johnson
Yuta
Gillespie

This is a disgrace. Real injuries are one thing but these "rests" are disrespectful to fans and to the game. Today was a rest day, and Friday is not even the first of a back to back. OG and Pascal should be playing.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#62 » by YogurtProducer » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:27 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Dalek wrote:Looks like Toronto is refusing to give up the tank although it maybe more having to do with Orlando's team.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Flynn
FVV
Hood
Boucher
Birch

Flynn
Watson
Johnson
Yuta
Gillespie

This is a disgrace. Real injuries are one thing but these "rests" are disrespectful to fans and to the game. Today was a rest day, and Friday is not even the first of a back to back. OG and Pascal should be playing.

Have you see how bad our guys have looked when playing regularly since coming back from COVID?

This season is lost. Just lean into it
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,821

Post#63 » by TheRealDeal » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:36 pm

It’s easy to be pro-tank in our current situation bc we pretty much control our own fate. It’s not like we need a bunch of teams to keep winning

Just lose a few more games and we’ll be good
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,632

Post#64 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:38 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Flynn
FVV
Hood
Boucher
Birch

Flynn
Watson
Johnson
Yuta
Gillespie

Have you see how bad our guys have looked when playing regularly since coming back from COVID?

This season is lost. Just lean into it

I know the arguments, since they are posted here ad nauseum. But I can't lean into it, it just isn't in me to cheer for my team to lose. I want us to win every game.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#65 » by ruckus » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:21 am

Lord_Zedd wrote:The Bulls won't feel any difference with him off the court. Literally.

Read on Twitter

I've always liked Lavine as a good Fantasy Bball option but I've never viewed him as a winning player.

Lavine is Demar-ish in terms of actual impact. Maybe worse.
t54zhao
Junior
And1: 580

Post#66 » by t54zhao » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:09 am

ruckus wrote:
Lord_Zedd wrote:The Bulls won't feel any difference with him off the court. Literally.

Read on Twitter

I've always liked Lavine as a good Fantasy Bball option but I've never viewed him as a winning player.

Lavine is Demar-ish in terms of actual impact. Maybe worse.

Chart shows the Lavine is net neutral and that Demar is a net negative. Thus (according to the chart), Lavine is better than Demar
My challenge to the Vaccine truthers, make a prediction and sig it.
Mine: In 2023, rates of heart attacks & strokes amongst vaccinated people, never infected with COVID will be similar (+-5%) when compared to people of same age in 2018.
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,640

Post#67 » by WeThe2019Champs » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:33 am

10th place is going to happen...
No More Tanking!
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,640

Post#68 » by WeThe2019Champs » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:46 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Flynn
FVV
Hood
Boucher
Birch

Flynn
Watson
Johnson
Yuta
Gillespie

90mil+ in salary warming the bench. Getting paid to rest... wtf
No More Tanking!
kwajo
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,227

Post#69 » by kwajo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:47 am

Let’s get that play-in then upset someone!

Raps in 4
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#70 » by YelloC » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:48 am

Does this mean that Lavine wasn’t playing defence tight enough to get anyone sick or has the entire Raptors roster and coaches reached Herd immunity through infection?
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,192

Post#71 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:35 am

WaltFrazier wrote:If covid had never hit the Raps, or at least not hit our 3 best starters at the same time, we never would have fallen this low anyway. We'd have stayed up around 4-5.

And if we were able to keep Ibaka/Gasol then we'd be exactly where we were last year.

I am actually extremely positive about this team getting right back to the top next year with a good offseason. Then we sit and wait for the next superstar to demand a trade for championship aspirations lol.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,329

Post#72 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:53 am

Dalek wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I know this is not a Bulls board, but if Lavine is out several games and Toronto gets healthy starting on Friday, there is a strong possibility we pass Chicago into the 10th position.

I always thought that this team is too good to not even make the ten spot, but the stars might be aligning considering how much Chicago struggled even with Lavine recently, including their loss to Orlando last night.

Except the Raptors are actively trying to lose games.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,007

Post#73 » by DelAbbot » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:32 am

We definitely would lose in 4 in that case.
kwajo wrote:Let’s get that play-in then upset someone!

Raps in 4
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,007

Post#74 » by DelAbbot » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:34 am

James Harden was a superstar demanding to be traded. That opportunity was as good as Kawhi, but we couldn't get him - proves just how extremely we lucked into Kawhi and the championship.
Tor_Raps wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:If covid had never hit the Raps, or at least not hit our 3 best starters at the same time, we never would have fallen this low anyway. We'd have stayed up around 4-5.

And if we were able to keep Ibaka/Gasol then we'd be exactly where we were last year.

I am actually extremely positive about this team getting right back to the top next year with a good offseason. Then we sit and wait for the next superstar to demand a trade for championship aspirations lol.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,192

Post#75 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:14 pm

DelAbbot wrote:James Harden was a superstar demanding to be traded. That opportunity was as good as Kawhi, but we couldn't get him - proves just how extremely we lucked into Kawhi and the championship.
Tor_Raps wrote:

With the pieces we would have had to given up for Harden, we wouldn't have a championship contender with him. That's the key difference between Kawhi and Harden situation.

We were a perennial 50 win team with Demar and currently we're in 11th place. We desperately need to build up our depth so we can be a 50 win team and then take the required step. Personally I don't think we're far off from that if we have a great offseason by getting a high draft pick and a good starting center.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#76 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:27 pm

DelAbbot wrote:We definitely would lose in 4 in that case.
kwajo wrote:Let’s get that play-in then upset someone!

Raps in 4

He's right about upsetting someone. They'd upset dellabot!

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#77 » by Par36 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:56 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Flynn
FVV
Hood
Boucher
Birch

Flynn
Watson
Johnson
Yuta
Gillespie

The home fans in TO are real torn up...oh wait...
Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Post#78 » by Par36 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:01 pm

Check your head if you think 5-10 games of tanking is a real disservice to the fans..

Really smack yourself a few times..

Teams have tanked got seasons..and some of you are crying about 5-10 games of actual tanking?

Wow.. get the..
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,216

Post#79 » by Dalek » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:26 pm

Par36 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Flynn
FVV
Hood
Boucher
Birch

Flynn
Watson
Johnson
Yuta
Gillespie

The home fans in TO are real torn up...oh wait...

I was actually joking about the tank, but objectively both Siakam and OG are coming off COVID-19 and there is no reason to risk their health further against a pretty weak team. Toronto played two back to backs within five days (crazy scheduling) and I think both OG and Siakam played big minutes in 3 of the games. Both OG and Siakam played both games of the most recent b2b against Atlanta and SA so I don't think the tank is on.

Orlando just sucks and there is no need to play all of our starters against a weak team. Trent Jr. has an ankle injury and I think they are being cautious. Only Lowry is the guy I have no clue about. He just doesn't seem too interested in doing much for Toronto at this point. He didn't have this so-called lingering toe thing sidelining him before the trade deadline, but after he didn't get his way he has played a total of 3 games by his own choice.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#80 » by Badonkadonk » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:33 pm

Par36 wrote:Check your head if you think 5-10 games of tanking is a real disservice to the fans..

Really smack yourself a few times..

Teams have tanked got seasons..and some of you are crying about 5-10 games of actual tanking?

Wow.. get the..

This is irrelevant anyway. Nurse is regularly resting his starters, other teams will do the same, and the Raps will generally win more than perpetually bad times like the Magic, Cavs, Kings etc. because our scrubs and coach are better than their scrubs and coach.

It is what it is. It's fine hoping for a high pick, everybody gets it, but cheering losses is dumb because a) you're just a fan, you don't control the outcome and b) the math is against you anyway.

Return to Toronto Raptors