ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors fined 25k for Resting Players [SHAMS]

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,876

Re: Raptors fined 25k for Resting Players [SHAMS] 

Post#81 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:55 am

The League where OKC and Memphis outmarket Vancouver.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,419

Post#82 » by SFour » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:58 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:Silver sending a message to Masai to leave Toronto or this continues?

Masai could shut down Lowry just like OKC did with Horford if he really wanted to....what could the league do about it.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,876

Post#83 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:02 am

With the 8th pick in the 2021 draft the well rested Raptors select Davion Mitchell from Baylor University. Go to commercial.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,254

Post#84 » by SurgeIblocka » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:22 am

Fk Silver. There goes any chances of moving up in the lottery. Pretty obvious now league doesn’t want us having a top pick. There are a multitude of teams they could have fined for the same reason
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,324

Post#85 » by TOStateofMind » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:25 am

Fk off silver. Like mentioned Horford is literally chilling at home since march and they dont care one bit lol.
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Re: What is this crap? 

Post#86 » by mintsa » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:26 am

MixxSRC wrote:
720 wrote:League wants us to be mediocre.

Raptors pissed off a lot of folks when they won the chip

Yup the night we won the title they had an emergency boardroom meeting after seeing the tv ratings.

“Boys, that team can never win again.....never”
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,207

Post#87 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:28 am

f*ck silver. we have to lean into this. start bembry, watson, jalen, johnson and gillespie next game. we MUST outtank okc.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#88 » by radeonboy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:31 am

Raptors can't even tank properly, they've never done it before, give them a break NBA. They are new to this. LMAO
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#89 » by 720 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:32 am

mintsa wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:
720 wrote:League wants us to be mediocre.

Yup the night we won the title they had an emergency boardroom meeting after seeing the tv ratings.

We had better ratings than the lakers and heat the following year but I agree. This meeting did indeed take place.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#90 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:00 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:With the 8th pick in the 2021 draft the well rested Raptors select Davion Mitchell from Baylor University. Go to commercial.

I'd be super happy with Davion.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#91 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:00 am

League office has been reading this forum.
We need to make it less obvious.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
aminiaturebuddha
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,418

Post#92 » by aminiaturebuddha » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 am

This is so absurd. The reason why the NBA brought in these rules a few years ago when people like Pop started taking advantage to rest players was so that fans who paid good money to see star players wouldn't get screwed. The Raptors have none of their fans at the games! So what the hell?

Of course, the other reason is gambling, which they'll never admit to because it still isn't legal in all 50 states in the US. So either way, this is a ridiculous double standard and the Raptors are being sh*t on because they're a stable franchise that can take the hit, and yet not important enough to the US media that anyone will complain.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,431

Post#93 » by mtcan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:05 am

aminiaturebuddha wrote:This is so absurd. The reason why the NBA brought in these rules a few years ago when people like Pop started taking advantage to rest players was so that fans who paid good money to see star players wouldn't get screwed. The Raptors have none of their fans at the games! So what the hell?

Of course, the other reason is gambling, which they'll never admit to because it still isn't legal in all 50 states in the US. So either way, this is a ridiculous double standard and the Raptors are being sh*t on because they're a stable franchise that can take the hit, and yet not important enough to the US media that anyone will complain.

Let's fine the team that literally just won 2 games in a row instead of a Rockets team that lost 19 games in a row while sitting Wall and Oladipo earlier in the year for games at a time. Or...let's just ignore the fact that OKC has sat Horford and SGA since the all-star break without any good reason...and proceeds to cut guys like Justin Jackson right after they have big games that help their team win. No...those teams aren't taking steps to blatantly tank...

The Jazz sat Mike Conley and Rudy Gobert for "rest" purposes today...no fines for them I guess?
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#94 » by Marty_Budda » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:10 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:With the 8th pick in the 2021 draft the well rested Raptors select Davion Mitchell from Baylor University. Go to commercial.

This ^ he made Cade - everyone’s dream pick look like an amateur at the Y when he was on him.

Imo He’s basically Marcus smart with a 3pt shot. Unreal player.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,519

Post#95 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:17 am

720 wrote:
mintsa wrote:
MixxSRC wrote:

We had better ratings than the lakers and heat the following year but I agree. This meeting did indeed take place.

Really? That's the bubble effect and the pandemic I guess. But how did our 2019 Finals ratings compare to other recent normal years?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#96 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:21 am

Being anti-tank, seeing the last 2 pre-game announcements of who was sitting, I got really mad. And then we won anyways. Last game I even posted that I hope the league fines the Raps.

But now that they did, I'm all torn. How dare that **** Silver fine us, the hypocrisy of it. And yet I look forward to seeing a full team play, adding Pascal and OG to the guys who played so great tonight. I'm allover the place.
rapsdontlie
Pro Prospect
And1: 985

Post#97 » by rapsdontlie » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:27 am

The timing of this is so strange--we won the last two games, guys are playing hard.

As people are mentioning, it's so weird to target the Raps when there are more obvious examples out there.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#98 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:28 am

A few years ago I heard a hockey guy on the radio running down how certain NHL players had lost a lot of games near the end of their careers from the 2 work stoppages. Like, guys who took a serious hit on their career goals or points totals, that they could never get back.

Similarly, you'd think Horford himself would be angry at wasting some good games near the end of his career. I guess he should have asked for a trade or buyout, and maybe his contract is not attractive. But you'd think he'd be upset, wanting to play somewhere even for the Thunder.

It's sad to me how this tank/tear down/rebuild mentality has taken over so much, where what OKC is doing is considered the conventional wisdom. The norm used to be, put your best players and best product on the court.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#99 » by Son Goku 25 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:39 am

Marty_Budda wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

This ^ he made Cade - everyone’s dream pick look like an amateur at the Y when he was on him.

Imo He’s basically Marcus smart with a 3pt shot. Unreal player.

I'd love to get him, Lowry mentoring him like he'd be the next Lowry would be poetic because he'd be the real Successor to Lowry, not Fvv.

I know he's elite but when Cade is likely playing for another team then Mitchell will be handed 2 quick fouls lol its too obvious. If Cade is a Raptor then the opposite.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#100 » by 720 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:59 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
720 wrote:
mintsa wrote:

Really? That's the bubble effect and the pandemic I guess. But how did our 2019 Finals ratings compare to other recent normal years?

Here is a link that shows the amount of viewers and ratings each game and finals series got over the years.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-finals-ratings-viewership-history/

Return to Toronto Raptors