ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Alan Anderson I mean Chris Boucher detonates the tank

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,067

Re: PG: Alan Anderson I mean Chris Boucher detonates the tank 

Post#181 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:37 pm

Parataxis wrote:
baller16 wrote:
Steven1562 wrote:Just win baby :lol: don't worry about the draft. Masai will draft a gem wherever we draft.

Right like Harris, Hernandez, Daniels, Bruno....

We need to draft a superstar not some more "gems" who end up just being role players

Did you literally just complain that the 59th pick of last year's draft, who is still a rookie, isn't a superstar?

I love the lack of persepective on this board some times.

And, before criticizing management, I think it's always worth asking the question - why did the Raptors pick #59 last season? Why not #35, or #46? What were the circumstances that resulted in that particular number?
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,691

Post#182 » by Zeno » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:39 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:OKC had like 5 travelling violations with minimal pressure.

There were literally a dozen others not called. You know the great defenses that operate on the premise that they can't call everything? OKC is the travelling version of that.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,518

Post#183 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:05 pm

There was a graphic onscreen middle of 4th showing Dort had 25 or so, and Boucher 21. I thought yeah but Boucher has 17 in the 1st, has done nothing since. But right after that he exploded again to finish strong with 31 or whatever he had. Nice to see.

There were some nice passing plays in the 4th too, involving Yuta usually, both dishing and receiving. I like how Yuta dunks now every chance, I wish Siakam would do that more.

Looked like Gillespie is a little better finisher around the rim than Birch, but I love what they both bring. Their strength is a nice change from seeing Boucher getting knocked to the floor easily, and getting rebounds and 50-50 balls ripped out of his hands.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,331

Post#184 » by WuTang_OG » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:06 pm

Boring game and we won. Terrible.
aligator
Assistant Coach
And1: 432

Post#185 » by aligator » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:39 pm

There is no reason to read any more of this senseless drivel from all of the immature posters on this board. It is unfortunate as there is sometimes good info available but most of the posts, particularly on the subject of tanking and deriding players for doing well, are immature and unworthy of further persusal.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#186 » by johanliebert » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:42 pm

aligator wrote:There is no reason to read any more of this senseless drivel from all of the immature posters on this board. It is unfortunate as there is sometimes good info available but most of the posts, particularly on the subject of tanking and deriding players for doing well, are immature and unworthy of further persusal.

What an odd post just don’t read them and move on words shouldn’t bother you. I don’t come here for “good info” we’re all fans of this team and all of this is merely entertainment. Get off the pedestal we don’t get paid for this.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#187 » by johanliebert » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:52 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:Boring game and we won. Terrible.

Boucher’s quick trigger keeps me engaged at times lol. I wonder what the ratings have been since they’ve been playing the 905’s lately.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#188 » by will » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:06 pm

aligator wrote:There is no reason to read any more of this senseless drivel from all of the immature posters on this board. It is unfortunate as there is sometimes good info available but most of the posts, particularly on the subject of tanking and deriding players for doing well, are immature and unworthy of further persusal.

Well said, man.

Those guys are playing for their NBA careers, and for them to be rewarded with a win is great.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#189 » by Dennis 37 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:46 pm

Scott Hall wrote:
Read on Twitter

The commnts under these tweets are all the same. Is their some bot following Raptor tweets?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,625

Post#190 » by Mr Funk » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:20 pm

Just when you think the Ignore feature is making the board readable, more juvenile clowns come out of the woodwork to throw more toxic tantrums and demonstrate just how repulsive they could very well be in the real world.

Regardless, these same jackasses will be back on the bandwagon next season, praising every player they've been throwing under the bus and disparaging.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#191 » by Dennis 37 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:01 pm

johanliebert wrote:

What an odd post just don’t read them and move on words shouldn’t bother you. I don’t come here for “good info” we’re all fans of this team and all of this is merely entertainment. Get off the pedestal we don’t get paid for this.

There are those who ache for a high draft pick. I tolerate their hope for losses. I don't think it is realistic to expect this team to lose games against weaker opponents, but I tolerate tankers anyway. However, deriding our players for playing well is a good reason for being judgemental. During the Alan Anderson days, we had no Yuta, no Trent Jr. No Birch nor Other Fred. We had no Stanley, no Bembry, no Boucher, nor Flynn.

Spoiler:
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#192 » by Ramed Nazored » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Mr Funk wrote:

Just when you think the Ignore feature is making the board readable, more juvenile clowns come out of the woodwork to throw more toxic tantrums and demonstrate just how repulsive they could very well be in the real world.

Regardless, these same jackasses will be back on the bandwagon next season, praising every player they've been throwing under the bus and disparaging.

baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,548

Post#193 » by baller16 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:29 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
baller16 wrote:
Steven1562 wrote:Just win baby don't worry about the draft. Masai will draft a gem wherever we draft.

We need to draft a superstar not some more "gems" who end up just being role players
Ahh yes, Masai sure whiffed on those two #59 picks (Hernandez and Harris) and the #37 pick (Daniels) in a draft that had stars like Dinwiddie, Grant and Clarkson picked later in the 2nd round. Not to mention Harris is in his rookie season and has been injured or in the G-League for most of it. Try harder.

Clearly you missed my point. The misses were to show how late picks usually don't amount to anything. That's not a knock on Masai, that's just how hard it is to continue drafting late picks and turning them into rotational players. People really think we're going to be fine by drafting late round picks or finding undrafted guys cause of FVV and Siakam. Some people really believe it's a sustainable drafting model.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,481

Post#194 » by bballsparkin » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:34 pm

It is what it is at this point. I want losses but I also want to see my team play well too. OKC couldn't buy a bucket for awhile. Can't out tank some of these bottom teams. We need the Bulls, Kings and Wizards to get on hot streaks. I'm happy for Boucher he was having fun out there. Great interview about 3 players from Montreal making it to the league at the end of the game by CB. It's been rough living in Toronto this last year but Montreal is even worse with the 8pm curfew.

The schedule gets more challenging now. As well, if the Raptors end up with a pick 7-10 I still have faith we will get a good player. It might take some time for the player to develop but I don't feel the sense of urgency some tankers seem to. What's the rush. NN is out there to win and to develop his players. It's not like the Raptors are putting the best line up possible out there.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#195 » by pingpongrac » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:14 pm

baller16 wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:
baller16 wrote:

Ahh yes, Masai sure whiffed on those two #59 picks (Hernandez and Harris) and the #37 pick (Daniels) in a draft that had stars like Dinwiddie, Grant and Clarkson picked later in the 2nd round. Not to mention Harris is in his rookie season and has been injured or in the G-League for most of it. Try harder.

Clearly you missed my point. The misses were to show how late picks usually don't amount to anything. That's not a knock on Masai, that's just how hard it is to continue drafting late picks and turning them into rotational players. People really think we're going to be fine by drafting late round picks or finding undrafted guys cause of FVV and Siakam. Some people really believe it's a sustainable drafting model.
And I still have no clue what point you're trying to make. Three of those were 2nd round picks (two were right at the end of the draft) and Bruno was the 20th pick. The following year we got Delon at #20 (and basically Powell at #46), then Siakam at #27 in 2016 and OG at #23 in 2017. Worst-case scenario this year, we'll be picking 15th or 16th. We're not picking in the 50s with our 1st round pick.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,548

Post#196 » by baller16 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
baller16 wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:Ahh yes, Masai sure whiffed on those two #59 picks (Hernandez and Harris) and the #37 pick (Daniels) in a draft that had stars like Dinwiddie, Grant and Clarkson picked later in the 2nd round. Not to mention Harris is in his rookie season and has been injured or in the G-League for most of it. Try harder.

And I still have no clue what point you're trying to make. Three of those were 2nd round picks (two were right at the end of the draft) and Bruno was the 20th pick. The following year we got Delon at #20 (and basically Powell at #46), then Siakam at #27 in 2016 and OG at #23 in 2017. Worst-case scenario this year, we'll be picking 15th or 16th. We're not picking in the 50s with our 1st round pick.

OP made the claim that a gem in the rough will pop up with whatever pick we get cause of Masai's tack record, and he's mistaken. The narrative that Masai always drafts gems at any draft position is just wrong. Not dissing him for it because I understand the limitations of late picks, but you need a lot of luck for these picks to pan out like Siakam. History is not on OP's side with late round picks.

The game changing players have always come for the top 5. So landing a 12-15th pick for this waste of season instead of getting top 5 or top 8 perhaps would be a complete failure imo.

OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,876

Post#197 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:42 am

And1+2 wrote:Baynes, Fred and Siakam have been an integral part of our tank all season. We need them all to be playing down the stretch of close games to pull of losses. The team was already broken, not sure why we tried to fix it.

Nobody is And1ing your Fred hate. Nobody.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,542

Post#198 » by mdenny » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:39 am

baller16 wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:
baller16 wrote:

OP made the claim that a gem in the rough will pop up with whatever pick we get cause of Masai's tack record, and he's mistaken. The narrative that Masai always drafts gems at any draft position is just wrong. Not dissing him for it because I understand the limitations of late picks, but you need a lot of luck for these picks to pan out like Siakam. History is not on OP's side with late round picks.

The game changing players have always come for the top 5. So landing a 12-15th pick for this waste of season instead of getting top 5 or top 8 perhaps would be a complete failure imo.

That's an interesting pic. Cheers. Never seen those numbers before.

Our stealthtank has 3 factors: losses we need. If that doesnt work, the lottery. If that doesnt work the draft crapshoot. We could be successful in 2, not the third, and get a bust. OTOH....we could end up being successful at only one level and get a gem.

Return to Toronto Raptors