ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Oshae Brisset signs 3 year deal with Pacers

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Re: OT: Oshae Brisset signs 3 year deal with Pacers 

Post#41 » by Pooh_Jeter » Sun May 2, 2021 4:29 pm

I think Brisset offers more than Yuta, but the reality is that these contracts for guys with no NBA futures is what really did Masai in.

Are McCaw and Stanley going to even be on NBA rosters next year? Bembry might be a 10th man. Paul Watson has either been hurt/shown nothing for 99% of his time in the organization.

Meanwhile Alize and Brisset are getting signed to these cheap 3 year deals.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,259

Post#42 » by Raptorfan2012 » Sun May 2, 2021 4:40 pm

Dont know why people are upset about the Raptors giving up on Oshae. He had his opportunity here and didnt do much. I wouldn’t put too much stock on the last month of a season anyways; with injuries, teams tanking while top teams resting, there are always a few bench players that end up shining.
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Post#43 » by bluerap23 » Sun May 2, 2021 5:48 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:I think Brisset offers more than Yuta, but the reality is that these contracts for guys with no NBA futures is what really did Masai in.

Are McCaw and Stanley going to even be on NBA rosters next year? Bembry might be a 10th man. Paul Watson has either been hurt/shown nothing for 99% of his time in the organization.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Masai should be fired for the way he has filled our 13-15 roster spots.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#44 » by Psubs » Sun May 2, 2021 5:52 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:I think Brisset offers more than Yuta, but the reality is that these contracts for guys with no NBA futures is what really did Masai in.

Yuta isn't blocking Brissett. Boucher is blocking Brissett positionally.

Even next year, Brissett wouldn't play.

SF OG - 1st pick/Trent - Yuta
PF Siakam - Boucher - OG
C Birch - Boucher/Gillespie
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#45 » by Pooh_Jeter » Sun May 2, 2021 6:10 pm

Psubs wrote:

Yuta isn't blocking Brissett. Boucher is blocking Brissett positionally.

Even next year, Brissett wouldn't play.

SF OG - 1st pick/Trent - Yuta
PF Siakam - Boucher - OG
C Birch - Boucher/Gillespie

Boucher is on an expiring deal next season and may not be retained/traded. Early in the season the cupboard was extremely bare in terms of bigs.

Beyond Brisset, there isn't much youth or upside at 4 or 5 for the Raptors. Hell, looking at the entire roster there isn't much youth or upside.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,754

Post#46 » by Badonkadonk » Sun May 2, 2021 6:12 pm

:roll:

Return to Toronto Raptors