ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: 4 fake wins in a row

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,776

Re: PG: 4 fake wins in a row 

Post#201 » by nestea » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:52 am

F22_Raptor wrote:KD didn't want none of this smoke

Lol. Funny
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,905

Post#202 » by bape_lovers » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:56 am

We need our championship team to beat them :( no matter who we field out on the player..we can never beat them

Metallikid wrote:
Lateral Quicks wrote:Face it tWo - our third stringers obliterated the tank with those two wictories. Now our first stringers are back and rested, and they're too good to lose a lot. Plus we got Khem Birch, clearly the missing piece.

May as well take out Philadelphia in the 1st round and Brooklyn in the second - then inevitable dino champiosnhip time.

I would be happy with just defeating the Boston Celtics in the playoffs.

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#203 » by B-Ball Freak » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:57 am

I doubt this team finishes bottom 10, especially with everyone back now. I was with the tank if they had kept on losing but oh well I'm not gonna be all pissy and snarky every time the team wins like some of the tWo elitist on here.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#204 » by B-Ball Freak » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:03 am

Ramed Nazored wrote:People act like this middling, "no mans land" uncertainty has been going on for years and years with this franchise. They won a title in 2019 and were pretty great from 2014-2020. One bad season and it's "BACK IN NO MANS LAND" and endless whining. Really unbecoming for grown men to throw tantrums.

Me, I would have been cool if they were bad enough for a top 5 pick, sure. But I'm also cool with watching them have fun, win some games, and play with an actual NBA caliber big man rotation. I'm at peace with this franchise.

THE TEAM WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2019. STOP WHINING.

Like I said before, the issue is not with the team it's with themselves...some of these dudes seem like reaally going through it at the moment.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#205 » by B-Ball Freak » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:11 am

DelAbbot wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
Ref_from_hell wrote:
Imagine being afraid of the Sixers

As a team that required an utter miracle of all miracle shots in a Game 7 with a MVP caliber level player that also needed his most monsterous series all Playoffs just to get to that moment no longer on the roster AND a Marc Gasol that limited Embiid like NO ONE else in the league, meanwhile Embiid has only GOTTEN BETTER and MVP level himself...

But imagine being delusional and thinking you're the same team missing a true top 5 player on a historical run & best matchup for their C in the league at the time :lol:

Reality will slap you in the face...and this is you assuming it won't be the Nets which remains to be seen.

Like they care about reality.

You guys daydream, fantasize, and god knows what else about Cade, a player that we really never had a chance at drafting and YOU'RE talking about reality? GTFO :lol:
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#206 » by DelAbbot » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:18 am

That's funny. I often tell people to stop wishing on Cade. I dont even expect top 6 pick and there you are pigeonholing me and arguing against something I also dont believe in.
B-Ball Freak wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:

As a team that required an utter miracle of all miracle shots in a Game 7 with a MVP caliber level player that also needed his most monsterous series all Playoffs just to get to that moment no longer on the roster AND a Marc Gasol that limited Embiid like NO ONE else in the league, meanwhile Embiid has only GOTTEN BETTER and MVP level himself...

But imagine being delusional and thinking you're the same team missing a true top 5 player on a historical run & best matchup for their C in the league at the time

Reality will slap you in the face...and this is you assuming it won't be the Nets which remains to be seen.

You guys daydream, fantasize, and god knows what else about Cade, a player that we really never had a chance at drafting and YOU'RE talking about reality? GTFO
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,589

Post#207 » by Ackshun » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:21 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:Even though I'm upset about the dubs, I'm pleased to see the most underappreciated star in the league continue to ball out.

Read on Twitter

Of course this will go unnoticed because when it comes the Siakam... the praise is never as loud as the slander.

OK you have a valid point there. But when you make the money he makes, you shoulder the load.

Pascal has simply been too inconsistent, which is likely why the hate is louder. It's unfortunate but it's like that for everyone in the real world. When you're paid to be the boss, you gotta step up consistently. And that doesn't always mean personal stats or things that are easily quantifiable. But where was his leadership months ago? When he is playing like ass, he brings the entire squad down.

Again it's the little things. Don't talk to the media about "not picking up a basketball" after a 3 month layoff. What kind of immature "star" says that? That's who we want our other 14 guys to follow? It's not even the comment, it's his arrogance and lack of humility. Then after acting like your **** doesnt stink, you come out and completely **** the bed with the other one FVV. And you don't own it. Your body language is horrible, and it's not something you chose to own until the series is over and you give the usual "I have to do better" speech.

Now he's dropped his percentages. Shooting Demar type from 3. Advanced stats down y/y in almost every category. Does anyone here even wanna watch the Raps in the playoffs again with Pascal as the #1? That was a sight for sore eyes.

Prem Watsa is not allowed to perform like a leader only part time. Bruce Flatt isn't allowed to disappear when his company needs him and then emerge as an awesome leader halfway through the year and say "see, here I am".

It is what it is. Next time we are talking "8 game stats", let's compare him to his last 8 playoff games. The ones that count.

**** I think I need a break from the Raps. lol

I know I'm a jerk for posting this plus the video, but Pascal grinds my gears sometime. I really am cheering for him to find his way out of this. Like why did he double dribble on the last play of the game two weeks ago with the opportunity to tie or win? It's just... I don't know.

B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#208 » by B-Ball Freak » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:21 am

DelAbbot wrote:That's funny. I often tell people to stop wishing on Cade. I dont even expect top 6 pick and there you are pigeonholing me and arguing against something I also dont believe in.

It sure does seem like it the way you trash this team after every win.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#209 » by everdiso » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:07 am

B-Ball Freak wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:

But imagine being delusional and thinking you're the same team missing a true top 5 player on a historical run & best matchup for their C in the league at the time :lol:

You guys daydream, fantasize, and god knows what else about Cade, a player that we really never had a chance at drafting and YOU'RE talking about reality? GTFO :lol:

These 6ers are a much worse team than the one we beat.

Green/Curry is a massive downgrade from Butler/Redick
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#210 » by Metallikid » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:21 am

bape_lovers wrote:We need our championship team to beat them :( no matter who we field out on the player..we can never beat them

Metallikid wrote:
Lateral Quicks wrote:Face it tWo - our third stringers obliterated the tank with those two wictories. Now our first stringers are back and rested, and they're too good to lose a lot. Plus we got Khem Birch, clearly the missing piece.

May as well take out Philadelphia in the 1st round and Brooklyn in the second - then inevitable dino champiosnhip time.

We beat them at home like 10 times in a row. We would have won our series in 6 if it's played in Toronto with a crowd and we would have beaten the Heat too.
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,905

Post#211 » by bape_lovers » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:01 am

Pretty sure we lost at home on our only christmas game..got destroyed

Metallikid wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:We need our championship team to beat them :( no matter who we field out on the player..we can never beat them

Metallikid wrote:

We beat them at home like 10 times in a row. We would have won our series in 6 if it's played in Toronto with a crowd and we would have beaten the Heat too.

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#212 » by Metallikid » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:05 am

bape_lovers wrote:Pretty sure we lost at home on our only christmas game..got destroyed

Metallikid wrote:

You are correct that was the first time they had beat us, but if you will remember it was a schedule loss and also the refs **** us pretty hard too.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,591

Post#213 » by Son Goku 25 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:16 am

Unless we are flat out better than whichever top team we face, we will get destroyed either by just more talent or the refs. Let's not get it twisted.

Sure, a game or few might be fun or fantasizing about beating them is probably as fun as getting a top pick for some. I just think there is a middle ground that isn't being talked about. I do think we're too far into the season to just turn it on, especially with booshay likely out for rest of season (hopefully not). I'm also certain fans don't actually enjoy watching their team lose unless they are new and find it "fun" to lose games for some odd reason. From what I've read so far, fans are frustrated at rhe season and how the NBA handled us, we are fed up of not getting a fair whistle when it matters, we want a superstar who will stay long term as that's the only thing Masai hasn't done yet. Will it happen via a trade? I dont know I just think we haven't explored the draft in a long time so while everything is perfectly aligned for us to perhaps lose this year away from Toronto, i think I wouldn't mind it.

The scary part is, our team is clearly not as bad as their record, if we come back next year fully healthy with a few new weapons plus a potential future superstar, we'd basically go back to being top 4 and this time the NBA may actually favor us depending on the type of hype our young star is generating. Because you know damn well Siakam or Fvv arent doing that.
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,891

Post#214 » by fbalmeida » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:08 am

Win.

In terms of the experience as a fan, I would detest having to look back on Lowry burning what are most likely to be his last cartridges with the Raptors, bemoaning the fact that the players around him aren't bad enough for the purpose of securing higher lottery odds.

Of course if you assign quasi mathematical certainty to this front office's ability to scout and draft the best player available it's fairly easy to understand the vitriol over every bucket or defensive stop we make.

But that certainty is unwarranted. Even this front office, which has an excellent drafting record, drafted:

• Bruno Caboclo over Jokic, Capela, Bogdanovic, Harris, and Grant
  • Delon Wright over Holmes and Powell
  • Poeltl over Sabonis, LeVert and Dejounte

There's more than enough uncertainty in terms of lottery odds and the actual draft selection per se, to render all the teeth gnashing, mockery, and droning over "winning meaningless games" as being entirely misguided.

It also completely glosses over how if we had lost more games at this point, it would be a direct indictment of the same front office you're expecting to get the roster construction and draft selection right this time.

For the sake of completely missing the point of being a sports fan altogether, guys gotta chill about not losing.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,866

Post#215 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:33 am

I'm willing to accept these wins are fake all 25 of them, in the asterisk bubble - I mean Covid border closed live in hotspot virus Florida league games... but only if the losses, all 35 of em, are fake too. After all fake basketball is fake basketball.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,157

Post#216 » by God Squad » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:43 am

Team doesn't know how to lose, and doesn't know when you SHOULD be winning. A couple months too late IMHO.
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#217 » by mintsa » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:28 am

I hope Boucher is ok. I hated to see him go down last night.....he’s come so far.
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,811

Post#218 » by TravisScott55 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:55 am

Treadmill
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,662

Post#219 » by Zeno » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:29 pm

mintsa wrote:I hope Boucher is ok. I hated to see him go down last night.....he’s come so far.

Yeah it sucks. Just hoping that it’s mild. Either way, I’d be surprised to see him again this season. As long as it isn’t more than a 4 week thing and he can have the off-season, recovered fully, I’m happy.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,099

Post#220 » by Chandan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:03 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
pogi wrote:
720 wrote:Hey guys we barely beat a nets team with our full squad while they’re missing a quarter of their team and are playing on a back to back. Time to celebrate.

Raptors beat them the last time too with Erving and Harden playing with a big lead.

Yeah I don't think some people on the tank realize how good this team is. Even if both Harden and Durant played this game would have been close and the Raptors had a legit shot at winning. Anyone who doesn't realize that really hasn't been around for the last several years.

The Raptors tried to tank - there's no doubt about it. Unfortunately, they suck at being bad.

They draft too well, they develop too well, they fit players in and find strengths too well, they coach too well and their chemistry is just too good. This team is just very bad at being bad and if there was any season to really unravel everything it was this season. They have been put in the worst position of any team in the league.

It's funny how we thought, okay all of this team's best players are out - let's get that top pick. What happened? The system this team has in place came through again. All those third stringers who are new learned the system and figured out how to fit in. Talent wise they lost a lot but they will still find ways to be competitive. I wouldn't be surprised to see management make a big splash this offseason.

I think nurse has a very robust system that works well enough on the nba level. It's just that due to not having enough talent that the margin of error becomes so thin that any mistakes (or bad shooting night) can cost us the game.

Return to Toronto Raptors