ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: 4 fake wins in a row

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,345

Re: PG: 4 fake wins in a row 

Post#221 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:26 pm

TD2FutureStar wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:I gotta say, Trent is really unimpressive. His shot selection is horrible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app

Ppl kept telling me I was wrong for saying Powell was a much better player at this stage of their careers. Meanwhile Norm is still the ultra efficient player he was here as he is in Portland.

Powell is shooting 30% from 3 in Portland in April so don't pretend after one bad Trent game that Powell is so much beater.
Ref_from_hell
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,712

Post#222 » by Ref_from_hell » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:46 pm

bape_lovers wrote:Pretty sure we lost at home on our only christmas game..got destroyed

Metallikid wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:We need our championship team to beat them :( no matter who we field out on the player..we can never beat them

We beat them at home like 10 times in a row. We would have won our series in 6 if it's played in Toronto with a crowd and we would have beaten the Heat too.

And we were missing half our roster. Come on guys, stop leaving out important facts.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,297

Post#223 » by Parataxis » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:55 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
Parataxis wrote:It's almost like this team was never bad enough to finish in the bottom five. Gee, I wish that had been obvious at the start of the season as well.

Really!?

It's only been my argument from the start too. Then they chirp back, well we will be a first round exit. Uh.... never the point. We might be. We might finish out of the playoffs if we try harder to lose. The one thing that was perfectly clear to some of us from the start, and the entire point was - the team was not bad enough to finish bottom five let along bottom three, and that would be a pipe dream. Even with a 1-13 covid March. And then you just got, and get, ridiculed for being the one to understand that. Yeah... there's gonna be some receipts handed out when this year is done.

By the way, I think this is the first time we played everyone (of consequence) in almost two months.

Yes, that was sarcasm on my part; sorry it didn't translate.

There was absolutely a cadre of people on this board who were quite clear that we were not going to be a bottom five team unless literally everything went wrong. It nearly did and we're STILL not a bottom five team. I'm not surprised; I know that you're not surprised either.
Spates
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#224 » by Spates » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:42 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
bape_lovers wrote:we won when they had half of KD and Harden

bluerap23 wrote:
We won. There is nothing you can do to make them lose so why not just enjoy the game.

Such a whiner.

They had all of Harden, some of KD and (IIRC) Raps had none of OG. And all of Baynes.

OK, Pascal was the man of the match tonight, but OG might end up being our best player from this era. Absolutely untradeable. Similarly, Khem was a useful cog, but Freddie G.'s upside potential as an impact C is far greater. He can hit FTs, so learning to shoot shouldn't be such a biggie.

Yeah, OG is our most exciting prospect. His options out of spot up opportunities are increasing as his handle improves. As he gets better at it he should be able to playmake when he puts the ball on the floor. That way the team can work through progressions and end up with less isolations.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,554

Post#225 » by Jadoogar » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:30 pm

Raptors are going to grab one of these stupid play in spots and upset the Nets in the first round. I'm doing a full pivot, get that second round!

If the Bulls weren't hot garbage, this "race" would have been over by now. Bulls went all in and still suck, atleast the raptors didn't give up 2 picks for an average center.
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,280

Post#226 » by phanman » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:35 pm

TD2FutureStar wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:I gotta say, Trent is really unimpressive. His shot selection is horrible.

Ppl kept telling me I was wrong for saying Powell was a much better player at this stage of their careers. Meanwhile Norm is still the ultra efficient player he was here as he is in Portland.

Yeah that is just flat out wrong.

His efficiency is down across the board despite playing more minutes(+3.7) and roughly the same FGA(13.5):
Pts: 19.6 -> 17.6
FG%: 49.8% -> 44.6%
3pt%: 43.9% -> 34.1%
TS%: 64.5% -> 57.9%

Going in everybody suspected correctly that this was going to be a W. Not sure why there is so much outrage considering the Nets were missing so many guys and coming off a last minute B2B W on the road.

Bench guys struggled in their new(old) roles, especially Trent. Still lots to build towards. Gary didn't do himself no favors in trying to beat out Fred or Lowry for their starting role just chucking and taking bad contested jumpers with little rythym.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#227 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:57 pm

Jadoogar wrote:Raptors are going to grab one of these stupid play in spots and upset the Nets in the first round. I'm doing a full pivot, get that second round!

If the Bulls weren't hot garbage, this "race" would have been over by now. Bulls went all in and still suck, atleast the raptors didn't give up 2 picks for an average center.

Jeff Weltman hosed the Bulls.
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#228 » by VinBaker6 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:59 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:

Powell is shooting 30% from 3 in Portland in April so don't pretend after one bad Trent game that Powell is so much beater.

Norm is a much better player, I don't think it's close. He can at least attack the rim and has some idea of how to move the ball. Trent is relatively unathletic and relies on creating contested jumpers. I'm not really impressed with his scoring explosions against tank teams at the end of the season, I've seen Alan Anderson do that.

S/O to TZ!
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#229 » by Zeno » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:15 pm

So is no gnews, good gnus as far as Boucher is concerned?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#230 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:38 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:Ppl kept telling me I was wrong for saying Powell was a much better player at this stage of their careers. Meanwhile Norm is still the ultra efficient player he was here as he is in Portland.

Norm is a much better player, I don't think it's close. He can at least attack the rim and has some idea of how to move the ball. Trent is relatively unathletic and relies on creating contested jumpers. I'm not really impressed with his scoring explosions against tank teams at the end of the season, I've seen Alan Anderson do that.

Nah man. Powell isn't a much better player though. Powell was simply running incredibly and unsustainably hot (which he achieved mostly while we were losing) and has since come back to earth. Powell isn't the better defender and that I will say already, Trent's shot selection is not terrible. He's not a better passer yet but equally Norms 2 assists per game should not at all be out of reach next year., as Trent is only 22.

As for contested, GTJ is crafty with his floater and gets open in the midrange quite well, as well as being a good spot up shooter. He is like Norm in that his handle isn't much better than for straight line drives so far. Doesn't mean it's bad, but it's nothing to write home about in the area of creating.
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#231 » by Ramed Nazored » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:40 pm

720 wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:
720 wrote:Hey guys we barely beat a nets team with our full squad while they’re missing a quarter of their team and are playing on a back to back. Time to celebrate.

Stop whining.

Who’s whining? This is a cause for celebration.

EDIT : Awesome!
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#232 » by B-Ball Freak » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:28 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
720 wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:
Stop whining.

Who’s whining? This is a cause for celebration.

Here comes the sarcasm, it's like clockwork :lol:
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach

Post#233 » by Ramed Nazored » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:34 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:
720 wrote:Who’s whining? This is a cause for celebration.

Hoping this guy is in his 20's or younger.
RealGM
And1: 66,418

Post#234 » by 720 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:46 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
PRESTIGE wrote:I just don’t understand why there wasn’t an effort by the front office to improve our C rotation when this is all it took. Why wait this long?

Exactly. The stretch when PS+OG+FVV had covid - no help at all. Then when we are at 7th pick position - let's fix the centre position for the remaining 18 games of the season to finish in the worst position possible.

Front office has mediocre/treadmill mindset.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,764

Post#235 » by Dennis 37 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:47 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:

I still think we are one starting point guard heavy. While most of me wants Kyle back next year, Trent Jr. does not start when both Fred and Kyle are in the game. Having either of Norm, or Trent, not starting is a waste of assets. In a perfect world Kyle would be ready for a bench job, but that's not happening next year.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
RealGM
And1: 66,418

Post#236 » by 720 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:01 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:

Lol buddy, worry about yourself alright? For the past two months you’ve been moaning about the mods and unfair treatment, etc like you were some victim of collusion between certain mods and members of the forum. For an older guy maybe look in the mirror once in awhile for some self reflection. :lol:
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#237 » by johanliebert » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:11 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

Nah man. Powell isn't a much better player though. Powell was simply running incredibly and unsustainably hot (which he achieved mostly while we were losing) and has since come back to earth. Powell isn't the better defender and that I will say already, Trent's shot selection is not terrible. He's not a better passer yet but equally Norms 2 assists per game should not at all be out of reach next year., as Trent is only 22.

As for contested, GTJ is crafty with his floater and gets open in the midrange quite well, as well as being a good spot up shooter. He is like Norm in that his handle isn't much better than for straight line drives so far. Doesn't mean it's bad, but it's nothing to write home about in the area of creating.

Trent wouldn’t need a floater if he could get to the rim at will like Powell. Powell has his faults like the tunnel vision and gaffs on defence but he’s the better overall player.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#238 » by johanliebert » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:13 pm

C_Money wrote:There’s still some things that need to be fixed like crunch time offence. And OG trying to dribble which is an automatic turnover.

Defending the 3 point line is another one.

I wonder if OG even works on post ups or elbow iso’s in the off season cause it’s always ugly.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#239 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:36 pm

johanliebert wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:

Trent wouldn’t need a floater if he could get to the rim at will like Powell. Powell has his faults like the tunnel vision and gaffs on defence but he’s the better overall player.

I don't see Trent as having problems getting to the rim. I do see smarter decisions though.
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach

Post#240 » by Ramed Nazored » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:34 pm

720 wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:

Lol buddy, worry about yourself alright? For the past two months you’ve been moaning about the mods and unfair treatment, etc like you were some victim of collusion between certain mods and members of the forum. For an older guy maybe look in the mirror once in awhile for some self reflection. :lol:

So I'm right? Makes sense now. And FYI - the moaning only went on for three weeks or so, two months is a stretch, but I agree, it wasn't the best look. 8-) And the mirror is freshly windexed and ready to be blessed with my reflection. Anyways man, hope you enjoy tomorrow's win.

Return to Toronto Raptors