ImageImageImageImageImage

Malachi Flynn & Freddie Gillespie hazed by the Raptors by covering Miley Cyrus’ Party in the USA

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Vietbrah
Pro Prospect
And1: 925

Malachi Flynn & Freddie Gillespie hazed by the Raptors by covering Miley Cyrus’ Party in the USA 

Post#1 » by Vietbrah » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:59 pm

Read on Twitter
Hansari
Rookie
And1: 1,155

Re: Malachi Flynn & Freddie Gillespie hazed by the Raptors by covering Miley Cyrus’ Party in the USA 

Post#3 » by Hansari » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:13 pm

5 blocks and then backs it up with this performance... Gilly the MVP
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,740

Re: Malachi Flynn & Freddie Gillespie hazed by the Raptors by covering Miley Cyrus’ Party in the USA 

Post#4 » by Yeezus_ » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:14 pm

This is amazing lmao
Yeezy SZN approaching
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Post#7 » by Reeko » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:19 pm

Lmao the rest of the team got so hype.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,466

Post#8 » by Jcity08 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:26 pm

Gillespie knows how to put on a show.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#9 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:29 pm

Badonkadonk wrote:Such a likeable team

They certainly were last year, with Serge leading the way to a top 2 finish. It's taken a while for a new character to emerge. Lowry is still Lowry of course, but Gary and OG are making a fashion dyad.

I don't think they'd put just any 10-day guy through this. Everyone from the top down knows that Gillespie is a keeper.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,186

Post#10 » by Tofubeque » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:29 pm

I prefer the mashup of this song with the Power Rangers theme song.

props Turbozone
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#11 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:29 pm

Gillespie the new OG
bongmarley
Veteran
And1: 1,152

Post#12 » by bongmarley » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:40 pm

Is this before or after Boucher got hurt?
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,524

Post#13 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:57 pm

bongmarley wrote:Is this before or after Boucher got hurt?

I wondered the same, he looked so spry mopping the floor, and dancing.

Every time I see a thing like this on Open Gym, it looks like Bembry has really fit in as part of the in group on the team. I hope we keep him.

I'm always curious about OG's reaction, to anything, but he was kind of hidden behind someone else, couldn't see much. Probably just grinning.

Stone face Paul Watson had a wide smile.

As someone posted above, they are starting to look like last year's likable team, with a lot of camaraderie.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,460

Post#14 » by Brinbe » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:03 pm

Malachi and Freddie both keepers! Great pick ups by this FO.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,432

Post#15 » by mtcan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Freddie G is hilarious. Yesterday's media availability...someone asked him about the defensive schemes and he was about to talk then had to check with the team officials before he realized it was probably a bad thing to do.
alfie123
Starter
And1: 1,130

Post#16 » by alfie123 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:06 pm

hazed seems a bit harsh of a term for this..
ILIKEBASKETSBALL
Stromile12
Head Coach
And1: 13,238

Post#17 » by Stromile12 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:12 pm

Great moment, brightened up my morning
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,203

Post#18 » by Dalek » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:14 pm

This is great and all, but its a bit funny that they never did this earlier in the year with Malachi Flynn and Jalen Harris. Maybe they needed to win a few games to start feeling good again. To me, I feel like Freddie Gillespie was a major turning point for the team, a kind of big man glue guy (much like Birch) but so unexpected coming from an undrafted rookie.

Guys like Flynn, Harris and Baynes are just too quiet for this team. They seems like there were all trying to find their way with the group and only Flynn has done it in spurts, but even then he is a bit on the shy side. Gillespie comes in and seems like an instant fit along with Gary Trent Jr. Baynes seems like a nice guy but he has not fit at all in any line-ups.

Not really sure what to think of Harris' future at this point. Maybe he has a serious hip injury but I have never seen a rookie get so little NBA and G-League run in his first year. It is a bit like he is the shadowland. Don't even know if he is really part of the team.
Robinator
Senior
And1: 754

Post#19 » by Robinator » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:15 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
bongmarley wrote:Is this before or after Boucher got hurt?

I wondered the same, he looked so spry mopping the floor, and dancing.

Every time I see a thing like this on Open Gym, it looks like Bembry has really fit in as part of the in group on the team. I hope we keep him.

I'm always curious about OG's reaction, to anything, but he was kind of hidden behind someone else, couldn't see much. Probably just grinning.

Stone face Paul Watson had a wide smile.

As someone posted above, they are starting to look like last year's likable team, with a lot of camaraderie.

At 1:49 OG is behind Stanley and taking his jersey off. But the camera cuts right after
notaname
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#20 » by notaname » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:21 pm

Dalek wrote:This is great and all, but its a bit funny that they never did this earlier in the year with Malachi Flynn and Jalen Harris. Maybe they needed to win a few games to start feeling good again. To me, I feel like Freddie Gillespie was a major turning point for the team, a kind of big man glue guy (much like Birch) but so unexpected coming from an undrafted rookie.

Guys like Flynn, Harris and Baynes are just too quiet for this team. They seems like there were all trying to find their way with the group and only Flynn has done it in spurts, but even then he is a bit on the shy side. Gillespie comes in and seems like an instant fit along with Gary Trent Jr. Baynes seems like a nice guy but he has not fit at all in any line-ups.

Not really sure what to think of Harris' future at this point. Maybe he has a serious hip injury but I have never seen a rookie get so little NBA and G-League run in his first year. It is a bit like he is the shadowland. Don't even know if he is really part of the team.

But the most quiet guys are wonderful!

“When it comes to demeanor, he’s a lot like me,” said Watson Jr. “Honestly, I’m a really quiet guy and I never thought I could be beat when it came to that until I met Yuta.”

https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2021/04/17/embodied-in-paul-watson-jr-and-yuta-watanabe-the-raptors-are-having-fun-again/

Return to Toronto Raptors