ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: I'm surprised no one set one up!

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,574

Re: PG: I'm surprised no one set one up! 

Post#41 » by Ackshun » Sun May 2, 2021 6:12 am

I thought we all decided that a post game thread was...irrelevant.

But it's here now.

Been a big Nurse fan since day one but I think he needs to quit allowing the ISO ball in the 4th. His rotations were okay but should have made a move quicker after our scoring drought to start the 4th.

Anyhow. Decent game by FVV which we know he's capable of. Just not a "closer". Pascal was okay too. Not a closer either.

Overall not a bad performance without 2 main rotation guys.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,660

Post#42 » by johanliebert » Sun May 2, 2021 6:33 am

ItsDanger wrote:10 FG attempts in 47 total minutes from our bench. That's directly correlated to the PG play of you know who.

Bsmbry? Or you dead set on blaming everything on Fred.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#43 » by SFour » Sun May 2, 2021 6:40 am

only 8 more games left...then we can forget this season ever happened and pray for a top 4 pick
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Post#44 » by Bruin » Sun May 2, 2021 6:48 am

Ackshun wrote:I thought we all decided that a post game thread was...irrelevant.

But it's here now.

Been a big Nurse fan since day one but I think he needs to quit allowing the ISO ball in the 4th. His rotations were okay but should have made a move quicker after our scoring drought to start the 4th.

Anyhow. Decent game by FVV which we know he's capable of. Just not a "closer". Pascal was okay too. Not a closer either.

Were we watching the same game?
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,351

Post#45 » by Hero » Sun May 2, 2021 6:56 am

Ref_from_hell wrote:Hot take?

Raptors make the finals and potentially beat the Lakers if not for Pascal laying a dump against Boston

Go to sleep
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,587

Post#46 » by Son Goku 25 » Sun May 2, 2021 7:16 am

FVV trying his best to not have to deal with another emerging top rookie next season lol nice try Fred
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#47 » by ratul » Sun May 2, 2021 7:17 am

Trade pascal and end this nightmare. He is a good stats, bad team guy like Kevin Love, Zach Levine and Antoine Walker
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,526

Post#48 » by mdenny » Sun May 2, 2021 7:56 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Ref_from_hell wrote:Pascal is slowly becoming our Rudy Gay.

I get that he competes defensively, but I've seen so many lazy plays on defense. His guy gets by him easy or he makes a stupid decision.

Yeah he underperforms on D considering the skills he has.
Kind of like on offense

I'm gonna need a timestamp or someone show me the clip. Because alot of alleged defensive errors are actually calculated switches.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,574

Post#49 » by Ackshun » Sun May 2, 2021 7:59 am

PrinceAli wrote:
Ackshun wrote:I thought we all decided that a post game thread was...irrelevant.

But it's here now.

Were we watching the same game?

I'm afraid of saying anything critical because it usually sets the place on fire. So I have decided to just refer to him as "okay" until he's in a different jersey.

Anyhow, he is a top 75 player in the league.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,526

Post#50 » by mdenny » Sun May 2, 2021 8:02 am

pingpongrac wrote:What happened late in the game? I was watching a stream with no sound and it looked like FVV/Flynn was called for a foul with about 12 seconds left that Nurse wanted to challenge and the ref straight up shook his head and said "no" then the Jazz got the ball side out of bounds...which also was dumb because they should have been shooting free throws.

Either way, the officiating was awful again. We had, what, 5 FTA in the first quarter (3 came at the buzzer) then 4 in the other 3 quarters? We scored more than half of our points in the paint, yet we only got 9 FTA. Another joke of a game against Utah where we were hosed by the refs.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app

Nah...fred was harassing Clarkson....in fact, FVV's defense on Clarkson the last couple minutes was crazy to watch....but Fred was harassing him and the ball went outta bounds. Fred thought Clarkson might have had the last touch. Nurse tried to challenge it and the refs called it unchallengable.

Bizarre.

FvV's defense in this game was OFF THE HOOK. People don't even know. Check out the 1:50 mark of the 3rd quarter. Fred was making elite finals type plays.
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,081

Post#51 » by gojoorange » Sun May 2, 2021 8:36 am

mdenny wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:What happened late in the game? I was watching a stream with no sound and it looked like FVV/Flynn was called for a foul with about 12 seconds left that Nurse wanted to challenge and the ref straight up shook his head and said "no" then the Jazz got the ball side out of bounds...which also was dumb because they should have been shooting free throws.

Either way, the officiating was awful again. We had, what, 5 FTA in the first quarter (3 came at the buzzer) then 4 in the other 3 quarters? We scored more than half of our points in the paint, yet we only got 9 FTA. Another joke of a game against Utah where we were hosed by the refs.

Nah...fred was harassing Clarkson....in fact, FVV's defense on Clarkson the last couple minutes was crazy to watch....but Fred was harassing him and the ball went outta bounds. Fred thought Clarkson might have had the last touch. Nurse tried to challenge it and the refs called it unchallengable.

Bizarre.

FvV's defense in this game was OFF THE HOOK. People don't even know. Check out the 1:50 mark of the 3rd quarter. Fred was making elite finals type plays.

I can't believe he was only credited with 2 steals. He must have had 4-5 rips where the Raps came away with the ball.
Sidthekid87
Sixth Man
And1: 2,973

Post#52 » by Sidthekid87 » Sun May 2, 2021 10:31 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
Reeko wrote:
Ref_from_hell wrote:Hot take?

Raptors make the finals and potentially beat the Lakers if not for Pascal laying a dump against Boston

Not really a hot take. I think a lot of us believe that, and it is perfectly reasonable.

There was about a 0% chance we beat the Lakers.

I'll never ever admit that that Lakers team was Championship caliber. IMO thats the weakest winning team in the last 10-15 years. Without significant help from the stripes, I don't see them getting out of the 2nd round this year.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,132

Post#53 » by Raps in 4 » Sun May 2, 2021 10:46 am

Sidthekid87 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:
Reeko wrote:Not really a hot take. I think a lot of us believe that, and it is perfectly reasonable.

There was about a 0% chance we beat the Lakers.

I'll never ever admit that that Lakers team was Championship caliber. IMO thats the weakest winning team in the last 10-15 years. Without significant help from the stripes, I don't see them getting out of the 2nd round this year.

They had 2 top-10 players. No other team had that much top-end talent last year.
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#54 » by raptorstime » Sun May 2, 2021 12:30 pm

:sleep: joke season
kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Post#55 » by kj_ » Sun May 2, 2021 1:04 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Ref_from_hell wrote:Pascal is slowly becoming our Rudy Gay.

I get that he competes defensively, but I've seen so many lazy plays on defense. His guy gets by him easy or he makes a stupid decision.

Yeah he underperforms on D considering the skills he has.
Kind of like on offense

With the hate he gets. Absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#56 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sun May 2, 2021 1:20 pm

It's insane how much better Birch is than Baynes.
kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Post#57 » by kj_ » Sun May 2, 2021 1:30 pm

But it's here now.

The bench is the problem. Has been all year. This has been m, in part, by design lately with the resting of players. The last 2 games have exemplified that perfectly. Starters hang in there. Start of the 4th the bench gets overwhelmed. Starters come back in and can’t right the ship. Game over.

Nurse can’t do much about this. Starters were already at max min.
Birch 35
Flynn 36
Fred 39
OG 40
Siakam 40

This team needs an NBA bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,963

Post#58 » by tecumseh18 » Sun May 2, 2021 1:33 pm

Gillespie actually looked good out there. I was just starting to give on the kid as a rotation player for next season, but he really stood his ground and ended up +6 (Birch was -10, despite having a great game).

I think Freddie G. will still benefit from some time in the G-League next season, at least to get comfortable shooting. But he's part of what makes these games worth watching, while rooting for the loss.

OG's passing is a revelation. 4 assists tonight. People say we'll need Lowry next season to make those passes in traffic to Birch, but it's not true. Birch gets open and everyone finds him. OTOH, Birch got six assists tonight. The passing on the team (26 assists tonight) has been really good for the past few weeks.

Nurse didn't make his usual obvious tank moves rotation-wise. He didn't play Stanley or Hood. I guess Silver must have warned Masai not to. But the style of play in the fourth quarter did not show a team being put in a position to win. And playing Siakam, Fred and OG 40 minutes each on the front end of a B2B against the World Champions featuring the rested GOAT was really smooth. If the Lakers game wasn't a schedule loss before, it sure is now.
Knucknbuc
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,732

Post#59 » by Knucknbuc » Sun May 2, 2021 2:29 pm

mdenny wrote:

Bizarre.

Nope not around here you haven’t heard fab sucks and is a ball hog defense doesn’t matter neither does his 30/8 with 0 turnovers bad game

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,632

Post#60 » by WeThe2019Champs » Sun May 2, 2021 3:33 pm

Our bench = garbage
No More Tanking!

Return to Toronto Raptors