ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry

Moderators: Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, 7 Footer, Rhettmatic, niQ, Patman, pbj, Alfred

Scott Hall
RealGM
Posts: 22,233
And1: 59,952
Joined: May 04, 2015
Location: T-Dot
     

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#141 » by Scott Hall » Mon May 3, 2021 6:28 pm

Read on Twitter
Scott Hall
RealGM
Posts: 22,233
And1: 59,952
Joined: May 04, 2015
Location: T-Dot
     

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#142 » by Scott Hall » Mon May 3, 2021 6:30 pm

Read on Twitter
Dalek
Head Coach
Posts: 6,684
And1: 4,758
Joined: Jan 24, 2005
Location: back to the basket
 

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#143 » by Dalek » Mon May 3, 2021 6:33 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:Yeah, if this health thing with LeBron and AD lingers then it's a problem, but as of now I think they are still the heavy favourites. I can't imagine they want to be in the play in games, but I bet they would salivate at playing Phoenix or Utah in the first round.

This whole stretch feels like a patented LeBron motivation tactic. "Nobody believes in us" even though they are the defending champs. Keep in mind they also played extremely poorly in the bubble last year prior to the start of the playoffs.


Heavy favorites? Lol... yeah, heavy favorites for first round exit....


I think on paper if everyone is healthy that team is strong enough to win it all. They added Schroeder and Harrell to upgrade their bench, and KCP and Kuzma are good bench secondary/tertiary scorers. They have a ton of length to bully teams with like they did the last playoffs, although I really think they miss the Howard, McGee combo. Those guys were hungry vets. Gasol feels a bit too old for a long run, and Drummond stinks.

This means they have a tough, longer run against better teams, rather than playing a no. 1 seed. It is not impossible with who I believe is the best 1-2 combo in the NBA, but Lebron's ankle is bad. I don't know how he stabilizes that thing during the playoffs. A team like Portland which can get hot from three can really beat them, and if they are in a one and done format that will be really bad as all the pressure is on them.
djsunyc
RealGM
Posts: 68,860
And1: 42,859
Joined: Dec 28, 2003

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#144 » by djsunyc » Mon May 3, 2021 8:09 pm

Image
2019nbachamps
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,539
And1: 1,535
Joined: Jul 10, 2019
 

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#146 » by 2019nbachamps » Mon May 3, 2021 8:17 pm

We should fire Nurse.

Last night can be added to the list of tragedies in franchise history:
-Zan Tabac and Oliver Miller as our starting front court
-Mengke Bateer
-Rafael Araujo
-Andrea Bargnani
-Losing to the 76ers in game 7
-Trading Vince for peanuts
-Kobe 81
-LeBron's Cavs sonning us

Winning last night was simply unacceptable and should be condemned unequivocally by Raptors senior management. What was Nurse thinking coaching us to victory last night?
Slade3
Rookie
Posts: 1,170
And1: 463
Joined: Oct 27, 2009

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#147 » by Slade3 » Mon May 3, 2021 9:17 pm

ruckus wrote:
Slade3 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
Why is that? Because we beat the gsw warriors franchise who hires racist security, let's owners push players, and rushes players back from injury to re-injure them?


Right, because KD not playing and Klay Thompson out for multiple games made no difference. Check your homerism at the door.


How is that homerism? Injuries are part of the game. The ability to have your key players available when you absolutely need them is the reason we have a guy like Alex McKechnie.

Theres no more an asterisk on our ship than there should be an asterisk on the Rockets 2 ships cause Jordan was shagging fly balls.


Then why is LeBron's title an asterisk?
Slade3
Rookie
Posts: 1,170
And1: 463
Joined: Oct 27, 2009

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#148 » by Slade3 » Mon May 3, 2021 9:21 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Slade3 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
Why is that? Because we beat the gsw warriors franchise who hires racist security, let's owners push players, and rushes players back from injury to re-injure them?


Right, because KD not playing and Klay Thompson out for multiple games made no difference. Check your homerism at the door.


Who cares about KD not playing. Adding KD to an already-champion lineup of Curry+Klay+Draymond is "cheating" anyway. There is no asterisk on our 2019 championship - we beat the 2015 championship lineup.


Yeah, and if Kawhi wasn't playing due to injury you would have cried like a banshee about the "asterisk" championship. You can't just exclude opposing players because you don't like it. And then somehow claim we beat the 2015 version when that was 3 years earlier with different personnel and and younger stars. Are you even listening to yourself? I can't believe you even typed this.
User avatar
ruckus
RealGM
Posts: 11,424
And1: 8,343
Joined: May 18, 2007
Location: From the Slums of Shaolin...
 

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#149 » by ruckus » Mon May 3, 2021 9:31 pm

Slade3 wrote:
ruckus wrote:
Slade3 wrote:
Right, because KD not playing and Klay Thompson out for multiple games made no difference. Check your homerism at the door.


How is that homerism? Injuries are part of the game. The ability to have your key players available when you absolutely need them is the reason we have a guy like Alex McKechnie.

Theres no more an asterisk on our ship than there should be an asterisk on the Rockets 2 ships cause Jordan was shagging fly balls.


Then why is LeBron's title an asterisk?


Who gave Lebron's title an asterisk? Every title is a worthy accomplishment. We witnessed firsthand the grind that the Raps had to go through to win that title. All champs should have 'spect put on their name. There's no such thing as an asterisk champ.
Image
Tha Cynic
RealGM
Posts: 12,167
And1: 8,308
Joined: Jan 03, 2006
Location: Starin' at the world through my rearview
     

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#150 » by Tha Cynic » Mon May 3, 2021 9:48 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Slade3 wrote:
Right, because KD not playing and Klay Thompson out for multiple games made no difference. Check your homerism at the door.


Who cares about KD not playing. Adding KD to an already-champion lineup of Curry+Klay+Draymond is "cheating" anyway. There is no asterisk on our 2019 championship - we beat the 2015 championship lineup.


Any one series can be decided by injury, but a championship is won by winning four series. Raptors had the toughest road to the Finals, having to beat the hottest team going into the playoffs (Orlando), the most talented starting five in the league (Sixers with Butler and JJ), the dominant team in the league that season by wins and ridiculous point differential (Bucks), and the Warriors who had just swept Portland in the WCF even without KD. The talk going into the Finals was that the Warriors were better without KD. The ball moved better.

At least Klay played three quarters of Game 6 healthy. He racked up the points, but when he went down, Iggy clicked into Ray Allen mode to keep GSW in the game. Cousins was a factor in the fourth quarter. No guarantee that the Dubs would have scored more points if Klay continued to play. Basketball doesn't work like that. We're seeing that with the Nuggets after Murray went down.

Meanwhile, Kyle started Game 6 strong, but if you were watching closely he tweaked his back in the second quarter, and wasn't a factor for the rest of the game. The one shot he made after that was a rim bouncing fluke.

And clearly Kawhi wasn't healthy for Games 5 and 6. He had that spurt toward the end of Game 5, but that was it for the series. And why was Kawhi hurting? Why did he have to play so many minutes? Because OG missed the entire playoffs.

Raps swept the Dubs that regular season, with KD and Klay playing both games. There was nothing more the Raps could do to EARN that championship. See my sig.



There's actually no reason to defend anything. You can completely ignore posts like the one you responded to.

Anyone who comments about certain players not playing has absolutely no clue about the NBA. If they did, they would realize you could literally put an asterisk beside most championships, including James'. Key players getting injured happens every season but for some reason the American media took it to another level when the Raptors won.

The Raptors were winning that championship regardless of who they faced. They were that dominant once they got past Philly.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
User avatar
Mr Funk
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,771
And1: 3,241
Joined: Jul 18, 2012
Location: Toronto

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#151 » by Mr Funk » Mon May 3, 2021 10:04 pm

Ranger One wrote:Man its gonna be painful losing Lowry next year and having Fred VanChucker be our lead point guard. Hope ya'll are ready for this guy to dribble out the shot clock every possession while hes desperately hunting down his own shot, all the while unable to beat a Center off the dribble, or getting stuffed at the rim 10 times a night.


:lol:

Relax. Take a breath. Go outside for some fresh air and a walk.
Image
tecumseh18
RealGM
Posts: 14,098
And1: 6,421
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Location: Big green house
 

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#152 » by tecumseh18 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:21 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:There's actually no reason to defend anything. You can completely ignore posts like the one you responded to.


Disagree. I think we have to confront disinformation - including this asterisk stupidity - wherever it rears its ugly head. Taking a laissez faire approach allows it to fester and propagate unabated. I certainly have made it my life's work to challenge the false narrative on NBA twitter.

Politicians have found this out. No matter how outlandish the accusation, you have to meet it head on. There will always be voters stupid enough to believe.
"Say asterisk one more time, m_____rf_____r!"
Danny1616
General Manager
Posts: 8,174
And1: 10,659
Joined: May 26, 2007

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#153 » by Danny1616 » Mon May 3, 2021 10:34 pm

mdenny wrote:I should know better than to doubt lebron...but I'm wondering if this is finally that moment.

Leo was right....he was getting no lift when he drove the lane. Still executing but that wont work come playoff time against good rim protectors. Those high ankle sprains can take years to fully heal.

Not only that....this was the first time I have seen so many of his patented passes get deflected or intercepted or miss the mark. That, to me, is an even bigger warning sign than lift on his lane drives.

To top it all off...AD has never proven he can carry a team imo.

Of course...this might just be another misguided lebron doubting instance.


Yeah it's hard to say.

He's def lost some lift and explosiveness but he was still playing at an elite level before the injury. It was only his 2nd game back so he needs a few games to back to form. That being said I'm not sold on the Lakers getting through the West this year. Last year the lay-off actually helped Lebron and AD. Lebron had time off to be completely healthy, AD is notorious for injury issues throughout his career. They don't have that luxury this year.

Anyways, it's going to be a whole different ball game in the playoffs. Last year's bubble was nuts. Clippers players came out of shape to the bubble, couldn't even finish games and were asking Doc to sub out. The Bucks dominated the regular season before the bubble but it was clear that team wasn't the same when they were in the bubble.

Siakam came to the bubble an entirely different player. Then you had guys like Herro, Murray, Butler etc. go absolutely nuts in the bubble and come back to earth this season.
Scott Hall
RealGM
Posts: 22,233
And1: 59,952
Joined: May 04, 2015
Location: T-Dot
     

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#154 » by Scott Hall » Mon May 3, 2021 10:46 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Mikistan
RealGM
Posts: 18,351
And1: 28,556
Joined: Jun 30, 2008
Location: Shamblesland
     

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#155 » by Mikistan » Mon May 3, 2021 10:56 pm

Slade3 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Slade3 wrote:
Right, because KD not playing and Klay Thompson out for multiple games made no difference. Check your homerism at the door.


Who cares about KD not playing. Adding KD to an already-champion lineup of Curry+Klay+Draymond is "cheating" anyway. There is no asterisk on our 2019 championship - we beat the 2015 championship lineup.


Yeah, and if Kawhi wasn't playing due to injury you would have cried like a banshee about the "asterisk" championship. You can't just exclude opposing players because you don't like it. And then somehow claim we beat the 2015 version when that was 3 years earlier with different personnel and and younger stars. Are you even listening to yourself? I can't believe you even typed this.

nice try with false equivalence and strawman arguments

OG would have locked KD down easily
Image
Slade3
Rookie
Posts: 1,170
And1: 463
Joined: Oct 27, 2009

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#156 » by Slade3 » Mon May 3, 2021 11:05 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Slade3 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Who cares about KD not playing. Adding KD to an already-champion lineup of Curry+Klay+Draymond is "cheating" anyway. There is no asterisk on our 2019 championship - we beat the 2015 championship lineup.


Yeah, and if Kawhi wasn't playing due to injury you would have cried like a banshee about the "asterisk" championship. You can't just exclude opposing players because you don't like it. And then somehow claim we beat the 2015 version when that was 3 years earlier with different personnel and and younger stars. Are you even listening to yourself? I can't believe you even typed this.

nice try with false equivalence and strawman arguments

OG would have locked KD down easily


LOL, I'm the one making strawman argument? Wow your homerism knows no bounds. I'm ashamed to call myself a Raptors fine because of posters like you. Time for you to go on my ignore list.
Slade3
Rookie
Posts: 1,170
And1: 463
Joined: Oct 27, 2009

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#157 » by Slade3 » Mon May 3, 2021 11:11 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Who cares about KD not playing. Adding KD to an already-champion lineup of Curry+Klay+Draymond is "cheating" anyway. There is no asterisk on our 2019 championship - we beat the 2015 championship lineup.


Any one series can be decided by injury, but a championship is won by winning four series. Raptors had the toughest road to the Finals, having to beat the hottest team going into the playoffs (Orlando), the most talented starting five in the league (Sixers with Butler and JJ), the dominant team in the league that season by wins and ridiculous point differential (Bucks), and the Warriors who had just swept Portland in the WCF even without KD. The talk going into the Finals was that the Warriors were better without KD. The ball moved better.

At least Klay played three quarters of Game 6 healthy. He racked up the points, but when he went down, Iggy clicked into Ray Allen mode to keep GSW in the game. Cousins was a factor in the fourth quarter. No guarantee that the Dubs would have scored more points if Klay continued to play. Basketball doesn't work like that. We're seeing that with the Nuggets after Murray went down.

Meanwhile, Kyle started Game 6 strong, but if you were watching closely he tweaked his back in the second quarter, and wasn't a factor for the rest of the game. The one shot he made after that was a rim bouncing fluke.

And clearly Kawhi wasn't healthy for Games 5 and 6. He had that spurt toward the end of Game 5, but that was it for the series. And why was Kawhi hurting? Why did he have to play so many minutes? Because OG missed the entire playoffs.

Raps swept the Dubs that regular season, with KD and Klay playing both games. There was nothing more the Raps could do to EARN that championship. See my sig.



There's actually no reason to defend anything. You can completely ignore posts like the one you responded to.

Anyone who comments about certain players not playing has absolutely no clue about the NBA. If they did, they would realize you could literally put an asterisk beside most championships, including James'. Key players getting injured happens every season but for some reason the American media took it to another level when the Raptors won.

The Raptors were winning that championship regardless of who they faced. They were that dominant once they got past Philly.


The lengths ppl will go to tell themselves that their right. How about you put this theory to the test and post it on the general board and see how fans of other teams view it.

I'm not even going to respond to the post you quoted. So much homerism that I see it's a waste of my time. My god.
tecumseh18
RealGM
Posts: 14,098
And1: 6,421
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Location: Big green house
 

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#158 » by tecumseh18 » Mon May 3, 2021 11:17 pm

Slade3 wrote:
I'm not even going to respond to the post you quoted. So much homerism that I see it's a waste of my time. My god.


No, you're not going to respond to my post (I didn't expect you to) because it's full of facts and logic. That's clearly not something you're comfortable dealing with.

You're much more comfortable throwing around banal generalities like "homerism" because it allows you to avoid specifics. And the specifics do not support your opinion.
"Say asterisk one more time, m_____rf_____r!"
Raptaz
Starter
Posts: 2,227
And1: 2,244
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
         

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#159 » by Raptaz » Mon May 3, 2021 11:34 pm

Eerr how about that win, without injured players.

That 0-5 #stat was coach nurse

He did mention raps were 6-1 vs Utah something with west teams
will
RealGM
Posts: 28,299
And1: 24,145
Joined: Jan 08, 2006
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant
Contact:
         

Re: PG: Tank rest day, Vintage Lowry 

Post#160 » by will » Tue May 4, 2021 12:04 am

Ramed Nazored wrote:
will wrote:AAAAYYYYEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haters in shambles!


So many crickets following a W. So few ... " :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:" from the mod or he who shall remain unnamed.


Heh.

Fickle fans will continue to be fickle.

I like.
Image

Return to Toronto Raptors