ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Bjorkgren could be on the outs with Indy

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,597

Re: Woj: Bjorkgren could be on the outs with Indy 

Post#41 » by WaltFrazier » Wed May 5, 2021 2:43 pm

ConSarnit wrote:He’s 100% getting fired. Once a story like this leaks the coach is done (whether he’s to blame or not). Indy should just fire him tomorrow because it’s inevitable.

Yeah I was thinking that. And maybe I'm wrong but it seems like Woj has too much power, to be able to sink a guy's job like that. He must know there's no coming back from this once it gets out.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#42 » by ruckus » Wed May 5, 2021 3:00 pm

You know what this is? There were a bunch of assistant coaches that were butthurt over Nate's move seemingly out of nowhere from the Raps to the Pacers. One of those coaches, probably on the Pacer's bench, "leaked" this to Woj so they could possibly angle for the job.

Edit: my bad - I was mixing this up with Chris Finch. Pacers coaching staff look to be all of Bjorkgren's guys.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#43 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:13 pm

Metallikid wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

What the ****? Nobody ever had a single problem with Nate here. Like not even once.

I have a feeling some players aren't being very coachable.

according to Pacers forum, he's been a micro manager

I would bet they do, as Simon/Pacers have never given a coach less than 2 years. But, the fact there are these rumors tells you that Nate is inordinately abrasive, controlling, and micro-managing to the point that it’s even coming up in a franchise that normally gives coaches all the latitude and leeway they need. He’s also apparently having major trouble communicating with the roster overall.

If he’s willing to soul search and adjust, he’ll likely get a 2nd season.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#44 » by Psubs » Wed May 5, 2021 3:16 pm

Whoa, Stotts and Budenholzer on the hotseat too!!!
scuervo1
Junior
And1: 366

Post#45 » by scuervo1 » Wed May 5, 2021 3:40 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

What the ****? Nobody ever had a single problem with Nate here. Like not even once.

I have a feeling some players aren't being very coachable.

according to Pacers forum, he's been a micro manager

I would bet they do, as Simon/Pacers have never given a coach less than 2 years. But, the fact there are these rumors tells you that Nate is inordinately abrasive, controlling, and micro-managing to the point that it’s even coming up in a franchise that normally gives coaches all the latitude and leeway they need. He’s also apparently having major trouble communicating with the roster overall.

If he’s willing to soul search and adjust, he’ll likely get a 2nd season.

I don't know if he is a micromanager, but I can see Nick being abrasive LOL

Maybe Nurse's philosophy does not work in other teams.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,016

Post#46 » by ItsDanger » Wed May 5, 2021 4:36 pm

ruckus wrote:You know what this is? There were a bunch of assistant coaches that were butthurt over Nate's move seemingly out of nowhere from the Raps to the Pacers. One of those coaches, probably on the Pacer's bench, "leaked" this to Woj so they could possibly angle for the job.

Edit: my bad - I was mixing this up with Chris Finch. Pacers coaching staff look to be all of Bjorkgren's guys.

Very possible. Given the pattern there, I suspect a common element either on the roster or staff. Given the injuries, you'd expect some patience. The Oladipo fiasco hurt them from many angles. Brogdon seems like a snake in the grass type.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#47 » by Jstock12 » Wed May 5, 2021 4:56 pm

Weird situation. On one hand, they do have a roster that should easily have a .500 record, so Bjorkgren does seem to be underperforming. But on the other hand, that team has a fairly low ceiling...
wow09
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,559

Post#48 » by wow09 » Wed May 5, 2021 5:04 pm

They've had a ton of injuries and covid issues. I guess that really isn't an excuse since everyone has been dealing with that but it seems shortsighted to judge a coach in his first year based on this wacky season.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#49 » by Metallikid » Wed May 5, 2021 5:05 pm

The Pacers have been a real mystery this year. By all accounts they should have been much better. If they didn't want a micromanager then why did they hire one?

I'm sorry but if they're expecting the coach to tip-toe around players' egos and not tell them exactly what to do if that's his prerogative then they'll never be a team that does anything.

The players don't run the team, the coach does.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,741

Post#50 » by Johnny Bball » Wed May 5, 2021 5:08 pm

Badonkadonk wrote:That FO is in for a rude awakening if it thinks Bjorkgren is the problem.

Hopefully they find out and the Raps get him back.

How do you go from this, to relationship problems when you're one of the most positive people on the planet. Indy is a mess and it ain't Nate.

Read on Twitter
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,741

Post#51 » by Johnny Bball » Wed May 5, 2021 5:11 pm

It's pretty much this simple. They were hurt all year, and once Turner went down it was over. He's was back, but that team is still has a ton of injuries.

So many non-facts in here. Again.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#52 » by Metallikid » Wed May 5, 2021 5:22 pm

Hero_Panda wrote:Is there a single ex-Raptor post championship that is actually doing good, player or coach? I would argue that Kawhi is not doing as well since he hasn't sniffed the Finals with the Clippers yet.

I mean, we've never officially made it a thing, but it is pretty obvious at this point that if you leave the Toronto Raptors franchise, or if you are defeated by the Toronto Raptors franchise in a seven game series, bad things happen to you and your franchise.

There is a Raptors curse.

We beat the Pacers --> Vogel fired
We beat the Heat --> Dwyane Wade leaves Miami
We beat the Magic --> Isaac injuries/Mo Bamba is a bust
We beat the Sixers --> Jimmy Butler leaves Philly
We beat the Bucks --> Giannis/Bud exposed
We beat the Warriors --> Kevin Durant leaves Golden State
We beat the Nets --> Vaughan fired

And if we had beaten the Celtics last year you can bet your ass Brad would have gotten canned too.

Kawhi leaves --> Lost up 3-1 vs. Nuggets
Serge leaves --> Misses his most games in a season ever
Nate leaves --> Underperforming all year for the Pacers
Chris leaves --> Timberwolves still Timberwolves
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#53 » by johanliebert » Wed May 5, 2021 5:35 pm

I did notice he has awful rotations and certain guys are in/out the lineup. Not everyone is cut out to be a HC his success here on the bench doesn’t really matter.

When you are on the hot seat a year in you are part of the problem.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#54 » by lolwut » Wed May 5, 2021 5:43 pm

johanliebert wrote:I did notice he has awful rotations and certain guys are in/out the lineup. Not everyone is cut out to be a HC his success here on the bench doesn’t really matter.

When you are on the hot seat a year in you are part of the problem.

Is that the Nick Nurse playbook?

Starter one game.
DNP the next game.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,580

Post#55 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed May 5, 2021 7:09 pm

This is hardly the year to be blaming a new coach so quickly
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Post#56 » by Spida888 » Wed May 5, 2021 7:40 pm

I haven't really watched Indy ball much this year, so can't comment on his rotations. Yet, record wise they're not significantly lower than where I'd expect them to be. Maybe their FO just has unreasonable expectations.

If this was more of a normal season without covid, and a less compressed schedule, I see them around the 6th/7th seed, and that's if they had TJ Warren.
VeOlOeV
Junior
And1: 462

Post#57 » by VeOlOeV » Wed May 5, 2021 8:15 pm

A lot of people here are implying that Bjork hasn't done a terrible job with the roster given the situation, which is true, but this isn't what any of the reports have been citing as main issues, it really seems to be more about communication and relationships with players/mgmnt, if that is the case doesn't matter how good you coach.

This reminds me of a similar situation in Memphis when they had Joerger, he was doing great as a coach but had a poor relationship with the front office that got him canned
Installing......
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,093

Post#58 » by tecumseh18 » Wed May 5, 2021 8:50 pm

RapsFan008 wrote:I haven't really watched Indy ball much this year, so can't comment on his rotations. Yet, record wise they're not significantly lower than where I'd expect them to be. Maybe their FO just has unreasonable expectations.

If this was more of a normal season without covid, and a less compressed schedule, I see them around the 6th/7th seed, and that's if they had TJ Warren.

A starting lineup of Sabonis-Turner-Warren-Levert-Brogdon? I would expect that team to do well. Maybe 4th overall in the East. But that's not what Nate had to work with most nights.

The Oladipo for Levert switch was genius, so I can't knock their front office too much. It's just that they continue to have two starting Cs in a league going small. They have to rectify that situation. I wouldn't give up Fred for Turner. But if they can get a younger version of Thad Young (who appears to be finally running out of gas), that would be perfect. Covington?
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Post#59 » by C_Money » Thu May 6, 2021 1:41 am

Was he in charge of our offence? Bring him back if so.
GetFamiliar
Junior
And1: 632

Post#60 » by GetFamiliar » Thu May 6, 2021 2:09 am

Getting blown out by the Kings who are without Fox, Haliburton and Barnes :-?
Down 20 under 5 minutes left
KING KING KABAB KING

Return to Toronto Raptors