ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (4.0)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

When did you join Tank World Order?

From day 1.
20%
After our 2-8 start.
26%
When Covid hit the team and we went on a huge losing streak.
38%
Never.
16%

Total votes: 194

metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,742

Re: Tank World Order (4.0) 

Post#101 » by metafisical » Wed May 12, 2021 4:20 am

Son Goku 25 wrote:So we're confirmed 7th worst record ?

No. The Bulls still have a chance to take 7th worst from us. If we lose to them next game, that would seal the deal for us. If we beat them the next game, we better hope to lose the final game or two.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,816

Post#102 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed May 12, 2021 4:26 am

metafisical wrote:

No. The Bulls still have a chance to take 7th worst from us. If we lose to them next game, that would seal the deal for us. If we beat them the next game, we better hope to lose the final game or two.

If we win our remaining games we finish 30-42
If Bulls lose their remaining games they finish 29-43.

Magic number to clinch the 7th worst record is 1 (Raptors loss OR Bulls win).
Bulls own the tiebreaker, even if we win the final season meeting.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,816

Post#103 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed May 12, 2021 4:29 am

Take in... Masai was out here playing 4D chess when he traded TD to the Kings. We got a early second round pick and the trade put us in a better position for the draft lottery. If we still had TD, Kings would've finished below us in the standings. We would've, at best, finished with the 8th worst record, and more than likely an even worse pick.

In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,742

Post#104 » by Badonkadonk » Wed May 12, 2021 4:33 am

No, we play them, Dallas and Indiana

Chicago plays us, Brooklyn and Milwaukee

They play better teams, so if we beat the Bulls straight up, things get a bit dangerous. The hope is that the Nets/Bucks rest their starters, though they have slight motivation to win 2nd seed (they're a game apart) so that they match up vs. a play-in team instead of Miami.

As for what the Raps opponents might do, the Mavs have a 2 game cushion clear of the play-in with the Lakers loss tonight, so they may be able to rest Luka. Indiana is pretty locked into the middle of the play-in, so I'm not sure their starters will play extended minutes either.

Odds are still in the Raps favour for 7th, and I think it's a certainty that they'll roll out the same team on Thursday vs. the Bulls, but there's still some risk.
Caped Crusader
Veteran
And1: 3,855

Post#105 » by Caped Crusader » Wed May 12, 2021 4:53 am

Cobra Kai died for our sins. He would 100 percent be on tWo right now if he was still with us. Any chance we can bring him back from the dead?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,575

Post#106 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:56 am

Pacers winning kills the bulls hopes for the play in so I'm kinda worried they rest guys
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,727

Post#107 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed May 12, 2021 4:57 am

That 8-7 April was pretty dumb imo. But even so, hard pressed to catch the Cavs, OKC, Magic, Pistons of the world
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Post#108 » by NotMyKawhi » Wed May 12, 2021 5:35 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:Pacers winning kills the bulls hopes for the play in so I'm kinda worried they rest guys

we would have to win all 3 games and the bulls lose all 3 games lol

The Mavs have a lot to play for, they don't want to play the play in. We aren't winning that game
7 Footer
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,859

Post#109 » by 7 Footer » Wed May 12, 2021 8:09 am

Pooh_Jeter wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:Imagine being Boston right now. I rather have our position than theirs.

Ainge has some work to do, but Brown and Tatum are better than anyone currently on the Raptors and they are young and under contract.

Any prospect from this draft would be fortunate to be as good as those two.

As much as I hate the Celtics, Tatum is definitely the best piece they have. Hope he gets fed up with the Celtics and demands a trade.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,806

Post#110 » by Steelo Green » Wed May 12, 2021 8:52 am

7 Footer wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:Imagine being Boston right now. I rather have our position than theirs.

Ainge has some work to do, but Brown and Tatum are better than anyone currently on the Raptors and they are young and under contract.

As much as I hate the Celtics, Tatum is definitely the best piece they have. Hope he gets fed up with the Celtics and demands a trade.

The Celtics issue is more of a build one than a talent one.

I think Steven’s might have to go.

I think he’s one of those can make a lot out of a little but can’t take you to that next step.

They remind me of the Bucks before they added Bud. They need a change of identity and need to add pieces that fit Brown and Tatum better.

Paul or Harden would have been great moves but as usual Ainge always asking but never taking.

If we were the Celtics I would just think it’s one of those just need to take the step, similar to what the Leafs are doing now.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#111 » by pingpongrac » Wed May 12, 2021 9:16 am

Badonkadonk wrote:

No, we play them, Dallas and Indiana

Chicago plays us, Brooklyn and Milwaukee

They play better teams, so if we beat the Bulls straight up, things get a bit dangerous. The hope is that the Nets/Bucks rest their starters, though they have slight motivation to win 2nd seed (they're a game apart) so that they match up vs. a play-in team instead of Miami.

As for what the Raps opponents might do, the Mavs have a 2 game cushion clear of the play-in with the Lakers loss tonight, so they may be able to rest Luka. Indiana is pretty locked into the middle of the play-in, so I'm not sure their starters will play extended minutes either.

Odds are still in the Raps favour for 7th, and I think it's a certainty that they'll roll out the same team on Thursday vs. the Bulls, but there's still some risk.
Lakers won and have a pretty favourable schedule to close the year (Houston, Indiana, New Orleans). They're only 1 GB of Dallas now, so the Mavs actually have a lot to play for still.

Similarly, Indiana still has a lot to play for as they're tied for 8th with Charlotte. Charlotte has the tiebreaker, but if the Pacers win one of their next two, Indiana will be going all out in that final game assuming Charlotte loses one or both of their next two. While 7-10 are all play-in seeds, 7/8 is obviously the ideal spot as you only need to win one game (could be the second game) rather than two straight.

Regardless, I don't think it will matter anyway. Siakam+FVV+OG+Lowry are probably done for the year now and we're not likely to win 3 straight while the Bulls also lose 3 straight.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,248

Post#112 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 12, 2021 11:06 am

Pooh_Jeter wrote:

I meant standings for this year. They struggled all year like us and got nothing to show for it. Now with brown out, they finished
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,806

Post#113 » by Steelo Green » Wed May 12, 2021 11:10 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:

I meant standings for this year. They struggled all year like us and got nothing to show for it. Now with brown out, they finished

True but that was more of a symptom of bad luck versus being a bad team outright.

Still think unless we land a top 5 pick that they are comfortably better in the talent department.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,238

Post#114 » by Raps in 4 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:13 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:Pacers winning kills the bulls hopes for the play in so I'm kinda worried they rest guys

Orlando get their pick regardless. Might as well show some pride and try to give them the worst pick possible.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#115 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 12, 2021 12:21 pm

Steelo Green wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:

True but that was more of a symptom of bad luck versus being a bad team outright.

Still think unless we land a top 5 pick that they are comfortably better in the talent department.

I wouldnt say comfortably. If we can nab a top tier talent in the draft with a growing OG, Siakam, FVV, Trent, that’s pretty good and close to them. I think Brown is a monster, we saw what he did to us last year in the playoffs but Boston has a lot of work to do this offseason.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,323

Post#116 » by douggood » Wed May 12, 2021 12:41 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:

Orlando get their pick regardless. Might as well show some pride and try to give them the worst pick possible.

the pick is top 4 protected.
RealGM
And1: 66,474

Post#117 » by 720 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:50 pm

Caped Crusader wrote:Cobra Kai died for our sins. He would 100 percent be on tWo right now if he was still with us. Any chance we can bring him back from the dead?

That clown is back from the dead.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#118 » by WuTang_OG » Wed May 12, 2021 3:56 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Take in... Masai was out here playing 4D chess when he traded TD to the Kings. We got a early second round pick and the trade put us in a better position for the draft lottery. If we still had TD, Kings would've finished below us in the standings. We would've, at best, finished with the 8th worst record, and more than likely an even worse pick.

Masterful.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#119 » by DelAbbot » Wed May 12, 2021 4:39 pm

You mean back from hell?
720 wrote:
Caped Crusader wrote:Cobra Kai died for our sins. He would 100 percent be on tWo right now if he was still with us. Any chance we can bring him back from the dead?

That clown is back from the dead.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,476

Post#120 » by Spida888 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:59 pm

Need the Hawks to beat the Wiz tonight to keep the Bulls' play-in dream alive.

Return to Toronto Raptors