ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (4.0)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

When did you join Tank World Order?

From day 1.
20%
After our 2-8 start.
26%
When Covid hit the team and we went on a huge losing streak.
38%
Never.
16%

Total votes: 194

KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,451

Re: Tank World Order (4.0) 

Post#1321 » by KrazyP » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:12 pm

Clutch0z24 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:
Vampirate wrote:
I'm hesitant to trade Siakam because I think he could get better (and raise his value).

I think FVV has just about maxed out though and will probably need to be moved sooner or later.

Either way, both are 27 and will be in their 30s by the time OG and Barnes hit their prime.

If Siakam was 3-4 years younger i'd say keep him, but he's not. (again i'm fine with keeping Siakam for a while and am ok trading him for the right deal)

Teams who put a roster full of 20 years old together with no legit veteran leadership generally end up becoming a farm system for the rest of the NBA.

More often than not, its a terrible development environment for younger players. Its one of the primary reasons the majority of straight up tanking teams fail.

Siakam and VanVleet are 27 yrs old on the cusp of their primes...people are acting like they're washed up 36 yr old vets. If a decent trade offer comes along you certainly entertain it but a properly managed team wouldnt exactly be in a rush to trade either of these guys.....Ujiri/Webster/Nurse are generally more patient and look at the big picture more than your average tankster.

Unfortunately for you even with Siakam/FVV on this team we are prolly not making the playoffs next year....We have an interesting team with alot of development but Siakam/FVV being your top dogs is not really the best guys to put along with a roster full of young guys who are going to make lots of mistakes out there...

The reason DD/Lowry could actually take us into a top seed in the East and make deep playoff runs was because they are just all around better players....

As much as DD gets discredited on this board he was a legit scoring option in the regular season most night and put the scoring loads on his back most games to get us reg season Ws and Lowry is just on another level of a player than anyone we currently have....

If OG comes in next season looking like a Legit go to player (Which i doubt) we are not making the playoffs next year regardless of trading FVV/Siakam

I agree that the DD/Lowry combo was underappreciated and much better than FVV/Siakam. That said, that doesnt mean that FVV/Siakam cant make a more competitive impact and provide more leadership than some random rookies. Its not a matter of making the playoffs or not, its a matter of having a properly structured, relatively competitive team.

If you flip your only legit vets for more young prospects, you'll end up with a summer league style roster that will produce a disorganzied/chaotic environment on the floor. Thats not the type of environment I'd want a guy like Scottie Barnes developing in.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#1322 » by Danny1616 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:22 pm

KrazyP wrote:
Clutch0z24 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:
Teams who put a roster full of 20 years old together with no legit veteran leadership generally end up becoming a farm system for the rest of the NBA.

More often than not, its a terrible development environment for younger players. Its one of the primary reasons the majority of straight up tanking teams fail.

Siakam and VanVleet are 27 yrs old on the cusp of their primes...people are acting like they're washed up 36 yr old vets. If a decent trade offer comes along you certainly entertain it but a properly managed team wouldnt exactly be in a rush to trade either of these guys.....Ujiri/Webster/Nurse are generally more patient and look at the big picture more than your average tankster.

Unfortunately for you even with Siakam/FVV on this team we are prolly not making the playoffs next year....We have an interesting team with alot of development but Siakam/FVV being your top dogs is not really the best guys to put along with a roster full of young guys who are going to make lots of mistakes out there...

The reason DD/Lowry could actually take us into a top seed in the East and make deep playoff runs was because they are just all around better players....

As much as DD gets discredited on this board he was a legit scoring option in the regular season most night and put the scoring loads on his back most games to get us reg season Ws and Lowry is just on another level of a player than anyone we currently have....

If OG comes in next season looking like a Legit go to player (Which i doubt) we are not making the playoffs next year regardless of trading FVV/Siakam

I agree that the DD/Lowry combo was underappreciated and much better than FVV/Siakam. That said, that doesnt mean that FVV/Siakam cant make a more competitive impact and provide more leadership than some random rookies. Its not a matter of making the playoffs or not, its a matter of having a properly structured, relatively competitive team.

If you flip your only legit vets for more young prospects, you'll end up with a summer league style roster that will produce a disorganzied/chaotic environment on the floor. Thats not the type of environment I'd want a guy like Scottie Barnes developing in.

Also, not to say that Fred and Siakam can become like Lowry and Derozan, but lets just look at their ages.

Lowry and Derozan peaked out in 2016 and 2017 as a duo I would say. Lowry was 30 and 31 (in his 10th and 11th seasons) while Derozan was 27 and 28 (in his 7th and 8th seasons).

Currently, Fred is 27 (and will be in his 6th season) and Siakam is 27 (and will be in his 6th season).

Fred and Siakam aren't necessarily finish products.

Lastly, I would say this team isn't just Fred and Siakam. OG had a really nice year last year, is entering his 5th season and could take a leap as well. If OG develops a mid-range game and ability to shoot off the dribble, he instantly becomes a fringe all-star.
Clutch0z24
General Manager
And1: 8,020

Post#1323 » by Clutch0z24 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:57 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:
Clutch0z24 wrote:

Still not enough to be competetive in the East or a playoff team imo......The only way we have a shot is if OG takes a serious leap and becomes a lowkey go to player (I just don't see that next year) Siakam/FVV are decent players but they aren't good enough imo right now to lead the team into a playoff run ....So yeah we will prolly keep them around but we will prolly also be a middle of the pack Play in game team which we all know Masai won't go that route...

So best bet is us keeping the squad in tact Siakam prolly misses the first couple months of the season and we will not be winning many games with FVV/OG/Barnes being your core team especially in a much more better East....

We prolly start the year off sim to last year likee 3-10 or something and by then we just ride the wave where we win 2 games lose 4 games and end up counting the Lotto balls at the end of the year and hope we get lucky
RealGM
And1: 66,481

Post#1324 » by 720 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:50 pm

Unbiased opinion. Margin of Error is 5. I hold the right to change my prediction once official rosters are set and training camp ends this fall.

JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,851

Post#1325 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:55 pm

Looking at the schedule, if Pascal is missing the first 10-15 Games, I expect things to get a little bit ugly early. Even if he only misses the first 10, those next 5 games will be tough to win even with Siakam suiting up.

I wouldn't be totally shocked if we started out 5-10 without Siakam, assuming he missed a full 15 games. Best case scenario 7-8, if we could beat teams like the Bulls or Pacers.

vs. Wizards W
@ Celtics L
vs. Mavericks (B2B) L
vs. Bulls L
vs. Pacers L
vs. Magic W
@ Pacers L
@ Knicks (B2B) L
@ Wizards W
vs. Cavs W
vs. Nets L
@ Celtics L
@ 76ers L
vs. Pistons W
@ Trailblazers L

....and that just includes the first game of a West Coast road trip, where we play some tough teams.
RealGM

Post#1326 » by 720 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:16 pm

Read on Twitter

DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,014

Post#1327 » by DelAbbot » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:37 pm

720 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is it Emoni's decision whether he enters next summer's draft?
RealGM

Post#1328 » by 720 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:56 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
720 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is it Emoni's decision whether he enters next summer's draft?

NBA's. Atm he isn't eligible. Situation is unique though. He might get special exemption because he's only a couple weeks away from qualifying.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,555

Post#1329 » by Jcity08 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:10 pm

Hopefully Emoni gets into this upcoming draft.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
RealGM

Post#1330 » by 720 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Toronto Raptors