ImageImageImageImageImage

How much would you pay for Boucher

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Re: How much would you pay for Boucher 

Post#21 » by Indeed » Wed May 12, 2021 3:29 am

Gold Dragon wrote:I find it strange how folks on this forum are upset about Fred and Pascal being paid market value (below market for free) but want to give guys like Boucher and GTJ who are very limited players more than double what is likely their market value.

Boucher should not be making more than the MLE. GTJ will be lucky to get more than 13M per year as an RFA. The top tier RFAs like Jarrett Allen will get paid but most mid to low tier RFAs like GTJ don’t get offers because of how limiting the RFA process is and end up becoming good values for the team. I expect he will get a contract around 11-12M per year for 4 years.

Let's see if the market value of Trent is 13m.

Meanwhile, last year there are people thinking that we can re-sign Boucher for 5m or less:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1936755
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2019303
Preliudas
Senior
And1: 457

Post#22 » by Preliudas » Wed May 12, 2021 12:14 pm

Gold Dragon wrote:I find it strange how folks on this forum are upset about Fred and Pascal being paid market value (below market for free) but want to give guys like Boucher and GTJ who are very limited players more than double what is likely their market value.

Boucher should not be making more than the MLE. GTJ will be lucky to get more than 13M per year as an RFA. The top tier RFAs like Jarrett Allen will get paid but most mid to low tier RFAs like GTJ don’t get offers because of how limiting the RFA process is and end up becoming good values for the team. I expect he will get a contract around 11-12M per year for 4 years.

Well put. I don't think he is worth more than 12mil / year.
Some ppl on this forum were talking about $16 - $18mill a year - which is ridiculous lol
NeoDragonKnight
Starter
And1: 2,578

Post#23 » by NeoDragonKnight » Wed May 12, 2021 2:23 pm

Its hard to judge but a team would pay him a decent contract as he provides 2 coveted things in a big in todays league, 3 pt shooting, and shot blocking, kind of like a poormans Ibaka. I dont think you overpay him, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone did.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,449

Post#24 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed May 12, 2021 2:24 pm

Boucher will likely end up winning the "Corey Maggette Award" as player we all seemed to love when they were cheap and instantly hated the moment they got paid.

I have no idea what Bouchers value is as low cost player Vs. production for one more season + Bird Rights;
But the folks on the trade board's theory that he is worth a pick in the late teens I would certainly think long and hard about make that sort of deal.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#25 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed May 12, 2021 2:25 pm

Why the hell is he coming back from an MCL strain with two games left?
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,989

Post#26 » by DelAbbot » Wed May 12, 2021 2:35 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:Boucher will likely end up winning the "Corey Maggette Award" as player we all seemed to love when they were cheap and instantly hated the moment they got paid.

I have no idea what Bouchers value is as low cost player Vs. production for one more season + Bird Rights;
But the folks on the trade board's theory that he is worth a pick in the late teens I would certainly think long and hard about make that sort of deal.

Siakam has that award locked up for a while.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#27 » by Indeed » Wed May 12, 2021 2:37 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:Why the hell is he coming back from an MCL strain with two games left?

Perhaps we want to experience the bench lineup.
C: Birch/Gillespie
PF: Boucher/Birch
SF: Johnson(1st pick)/Watanabe
SG: Trent/Harris
PG: Flynn/Bembry(2nd pick)

I suppose we want to see how well Boucher playing at PF, and who may fit for our bench unit.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#28 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed May 12, 2021 2:49 pm

Indeed wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:Why the hell is he coming back from an MCL strain with two games left?

Perhaps we want to experience the bench lineup.
C: Birch/Gillespie
PF: Boucher/Birch
SF: Johnson(1st pick)/Watanabe
SG: Trent/Harris
PG: Flynn/Bembry(2nd pick)

I suppose we want to see how well Boucher playing at PF, and who may fit for our bench unit.

Well hope he doesn’t blow out his knee for this
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#29 » by cdel00 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:26 pm

32/4

MLE is 6M
This gives him a bit more than that
canz55
Sixth Man
And1: 2,024

Post#30 » by canz55 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:26 pm

@realball Per advanced stats on both sides of the floor Siakam is something like 20th or 21st in terms of impact overall in games played through the 2020/21 season.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
ImageWe the Champs...
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,325

Post#31 » by douggood » Wed May 12, 2021 3:31 pm

cdel00 wrote:32/4

MLE is 6M
This gives him a bit more than that

mle is more like 10 million.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,207

Post#32 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Wed May 12, 2021 3:38 pm

DelAbbot wrote:We should trade Boucher for future assets. He has winning impact but he does not fit well in our roster needs (centre, playmaker wing). He is too skinny to play backup C. He can play backup power forward well but he will get expensive after next season - so best to sell high to get a future asset, reallocate value.

lol you can't just trade away all your good players. If we aim to compete next year, we'll need players like him.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,989

Post#33 » by DelAbbot » Wed May 12, 2021 3:42 pm

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:We should trade Boucher for future assets. He has winning impact but he does not fit well in our roster needs (centre, playmaker wing). He is too skinny to play backup C. He can play backup power forward well but he will get expensive after next season - so best to sell high to get a future asset, reallocate value.

lol you can't just trade away all your good players. If we aim to compete next year, we'll need players like him.

I mean if we could sign him to an extension < MLE than yeah keep him as a backup-PF and situational-C for next 2-3 years.
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,353

Post#34 » by PerfectJab » Wed May 12, 2021 3:47 pm

Marty_Budda wrote:Trade him and our two SRPs for a mid to late teens pick in the draft

2 SRP's is a little much, more like 1. I don't think a team would pay that for him, especially when the reason you're not willing to keep him, the salary, is the very reason teams are unlikely to want him. If he was younger with a lot of upside it would be another story.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#35 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed May 12, 2021 3:51 pm

It makes 0 sense to pay a bench big decent money when you can find them for almost nothing every off-season. He was a nice developmental story for the Raptors, but he needs to be moved for assets.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,805

Post#36 » by Los_29 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:35 pm

To be honest, I wouldn't pay too much for him and I don't think there will be that much of a market for him either. I think we can get him on a very reasonable deal.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#37 » by Indeed » Wed May 12, 2021 4:51 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:It makes 0 sense to pay a bench big decent money when you can find them for almost nothing every off-season. He was a nice developmental story for the Raptors, but he needs to be moved for assets.

Los_29 wrote:To be honest, I wouldn't pay too much for him and I don't think there will be that much of a market for him either. I think we can get him on a very reasonable deal.

We found Baynes in the off-season.

And see my previous post on what people were expected to pay him last year during his RFA:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2080361&start=20#p90759329

I think some teams give him an offer, and we matched, which is now 7m, but I think we were expecting to pay him half of that last season?

So what is the "reasonable" deal?
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,652

Post#38 » by Johnny Bball » Wed May 12, 2021 5:00 pm

Worrying about this this doesn't make any sense at all. Out of the tax this year, out of the tax next year, right back in the tax after that being a non-repeater. If anyone is talking about next year, he's locked in at 7 million and it also doesn't matter.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,652

Post#39 » by Johnny Bball » Wed May 12, 2021 5:02 pm

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:

There's more than a few people that aren't even pretending anymore that they want/expect a one year tank, and really wanted the process the entire time. No risk tolerance in any way.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#40 » by Marty_Budda » Wed May 12, 2021 5:08 pm

PerfectJab wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:Trade him and our two SRPs for a mid to late teens pick in the draft

2 SRP's is a little much, more like 1. I don't think a team would pay that for him, especially when the reason you're not willing to keep him, the salary, is the very reason teams are unlikely to want him. If he was younger with a lot of upside it would be another story.

I meant we trade Boucher along with OUR 2 SRPs for a FRP this year in the teens.

Return to Toronto Raptors